• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rica XYZ Opening VS Rica Alola!!

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi Everybody, and sorry for not being here for weeks; so I hope that you will forgive for back now after multi weeks of not being here.

I do want to do a new thread which is so unique, and a change from before; so I want to do a relationship between both the XYZ Opening VS Alola!!; because both are sings that have a singer called Rica, who is the one that talk for Satoshi (Ash) in japanese version. So what do you think of this thread? What do you think of XYZ Opening? IS Rica Alola!! is boring or good song? Which is better? These are my questions in this thread.

Firstly, to me both are good and both are one the best songs in pokemon. I do remember one day, when the first thread for XYZ Season that asked as about what do you wait from XYZ Season, and in that thread I am the first, and only one who said that the most thing that I am waiting from XYZ Season is the XYZ Opening, and my friend ii kanji also liked my answer. Why I said that? Because do you rememer the first tralier for XYZ Opening? In that trailer, the only part from this song that been said the Iku zeddo part, and I thought firstly that rica is saying Iku Ze. Anyway, my opinion was right, and everyone choose this song as that best song in the Entire XY, and XYZ Openings. I do like rica said: "Hey kalos wa terasu asu hina yo netto ri chaji atsuku iku ze. Saa, susume no ze itsumodemo juben no ok. iku zeddo hagishiku atsui batoru. iku zeddo punchi wa chusu ze......

Soshite, now the time for the second song "THE ALOLA!!". Rica and alola!! is is really very very very very very 100000000000000000 very funny song, and I do love it so. To me, I like it when the first trailer of New season Sun Moon came such as the thing that happened in the XYZ Trailer, but in this time she said: "San San atsuku narui moyai kudote hashirudaze yay. Mun mun tageru yokija yume asita keruru sa. Really a very well so funny song, and I do like it; so what do you think of this song? It is so funny when she said: "Tada matte zutto tatte itta tte hajimaranai. Taiyou mo, tsuki mo, pokemon mo, anoko mo . furekmachu hanpion nubemu shite. ittai mitai aiyay. sappari yappari tomaranai.....

So as I said before, I do want to do a new thread which is so unique, and a change from before; so I want to do a relationship between both the XYZ Opening VS Alola!!; because both are sings that have a singer called Rica, who is the one that talk for Satoshi (Ash) in japanese version.

So what do you think of this thread? What do you think of XYZ Opening? IS Rica Alola!! is boring or good song? Which is better? These are my questions in this thread.

XYZ is a nice song, but the "Ikuze" part gets too repetitive after a while. I enjoy listening to it through, and it's a nice comeback from fast paced rock openings which hadn't been seen since Saiko everyday.

Alola is overall better, as there is more energy through it, but maybe the chorus is a bit too short.

XYZ is a nice song, but the "Ikuze" part gets too repetitive after a while. I enjoy listening to it through, and it's a nice comeback from fast paced rock openings which hadn't been seen since Saiko everyday.

Alola is overall better, as there is more energy through it, but maybe the chorus is a bit too short.

Glaad that there is a post finally, and thank you very much for your answer. Really XYZ a nice song, and I do love this song. The musics, and the rocks are really made very well by the directors, with rica. I do love this song. The rock is really Saikou desu, but I do prefer the Ready Go, By Your Side ~Hikari's Theme~, and the together songs more that Saiko everyday.

As Alola is so good song, but I do think that that its better. Both are good.

Thank you very much for the answer

I much prefer Alola, I felt like XYZ tried way too hard to be 'badass' but it didn't work, much like the arc as a whole.

I much prefer Alola, I felt like XYZ tried way too hard to be 'badass' but it didn't work, much like the arc as a whole.

Firstly thanks for the answer, and it is good that you prefer alola

I very rarely look at the visuals of the openings after the first few times, so in terms of how they sound, I find "XY&Z" much prettier than "Alola!!" "Alola!!" has grown on me slightly since I first heard it, and it does have this sense of "this is fun, u guyz," but it's not something I listen to for enjoyment like "XY&Z" is. The instrumentations for each are interesting in their own way, but I just prefer the progressions and guitary-ness of "XY&Z." (Also, strangely, though I don't mind Pikachu's occasional interjections in "Alola!!," I find the attempts to sing along annoying.)

Looking at the visuals just now, it's kind of hard to compare them to each other because of the different tones (super dramatic/tense and somewhat dark vs light and silly), but I still prefer "XY&Z." I like the darkness it has to it, in terms of both the sense of drama and the light level of many of the scenes (which might explain why I... I'm not sure "like" is the word... pay more attention to? the Tapu Koko part in "Alola!!," at least until I'm blinded by the moon).

Overall, "Alola!!" is ok, but "XY&Z" is nice.

I love the XYZ song, it's probably one of my favourite ever openings, so unfortunately Alola! (which is nice enough and thematically fitting to SM) just can't compete!!

I love them both ^^. I REMEMBER when the first thread about what you waiting from xyz and you like my post when i said that the most thing that i am waiting from xyz is the xyz opening.

XYZ by a mile. That opening basically gets you pumped at the fact that everything is reaching its climax for the season. Alola! on the other hand was just too mellow to me for a Pokémon opening. It just didn’t draw me in like the previous openings did.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom