• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Riding Pokemon

PurplePopplio

Gone again for who knows how long. :/
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
Do you see them adding any new Riding Pokémon? Maybe we'll ride a Mantine to explore the depths of the ocean.

Or do you see them changing current Riding Pokémon? Or even removing some of them like Stoutland for example?

I want a Tropius instead of a Charizard because it fits perfectly. I was so disappointed we had a Chairzard in SM. A Mantine for diving would be awesome!

I think Machamp would be removed. Does that look natural?
And I’d love to fly on a Toucannon more then you’d ever believe. Mantine would be a great diver, but I think that role could be given to Gyarados.

Machamp is fine in my opinion. It's hilarious to be cradled in one of its arm sets as it uses the others to push giant rocks.

Tropius instead of charizard would be cool. I'm surprised sharpedo doesn't dive considering Ash used it to dive first thing in the anime.

for me, in a perfect world i think they would drop ride Pokemon for that car concept they said they had planned, but i doubt that'd happen. if they dropped that tacky ride gear and then switched out a Pokemon or two or even just expanded the possible roster of Pokemon, i'd be satisfied i guess.

i just really don't like the ride pokemon. :/

for me, in a perfect world i think they would drop ride Pokemon for that car concept they said they had planned, but i doubt that'd happen. if they dropped that tacky ride gear and then switched out a Pokemon or two or even just expanded the possible roster of Pokemon, i'd be satisfied i guess.

i just really don't like the ride pokemon. :/
If you had a selection of Pokemon for one task it would be awesome since you can basically choose a skin lol

I doubt any more riding Pokémon are added, as we already have quite a lot. Would be nice if some could be replaced though, like Charizard and Machamp. And I agree with godiego they should drop the ugly ride gear :/

Would also love them to get rid of rocky terrain, that was the most annoying reason to need a ride Pokémon for imo. I just hated having to continually swap between walking and riding Pokémon for those few parts of rocky terrain.

If Diving does return I'd be so down for it being used with Mantine. Also I wouldn't mind a pseudo-Rock Climb using something like Dodrio where it can jump to high ledges. Gives them a way to make some different areas and puzzles.

I also agree with earlier sentiments that the grim Hawlucha get-up has to go. And I say that as a massive Hawlucha fan.

Maybe the "you can ride almost every Pokemon" in the Chinese leaks could become true in USUM.

I see some replacements. Or adding more reasons to have them.
As much as I love Mudsdale, it's addition is obviously filler, to make you waste 10 seconds choosing it on the menu.
Some more Machamp's puzzles wouldn't hurt either.
But anyway, a thing I want to do: if you have the shiny version of one of the Pokérides on your party, you can ride on it. I want to gallop everywhere on my shiny Mudsdale.

I'd also like them to get rid of Charizard and replace it with Tropius. Charizard was so unnecessary D:

And I also agree there should be a Diving Pokemon. Mantine/Mantyke sounds good, and I'd also like to see Relicanth (mostly because of the manga)

Could we drop Charizard please? I'd rather ride around on a Golurk express; it could probably get you there faster. (Golurk can fly at mach speeds.) But anything other than Charizard. I'm just not a fan.

The thing I would want them to change the most about the riding Pokemon is that ridiculous ride gear. Just let us use ride Pokemon without the funky gear. I think the water one is fine, seeing as we should have some sort of swimwear in the water (in fact, I think it would be cool if they added swimwear to character customization), but the other stuff is just super tacky looking.

I totally agree in thinking a Mantine would be a cool Pokemon for a diving Pokemon mechanic. Seeing how it might even get an Alolan form (I feel gen 2 Pokemon are more likely to get Alolan forms because the Gen 2 Virtual Console will give you the ability to get the other forms if you don't have them already), it would be a great way ot show off that new form.

Tropius flying would be cool, but I hope whatever they do with the flying ride Pokemon, maybe see if we can make it soaring. I would love to soar over Alola.

Whatever they do, Lapras Paddle should remain, even in future generations. It:s called the Transport Pokémon after all and it's comfortable riding on it.

For me change the ridiculous machamp with another pokemon really they could have change it to another pokemon who could use strength hence rhydon could use strength why not use it?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom