• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Right back at ya [Up vs. Down v69]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainami

beseech the stars
Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guePAKUEcvA

an amazing op to a mediocre anime to start us off

Hello, you people, and welcome to the 69th edition of Up verses Down. I, your lovely hostess Rainami, will be hosting a dual between two beloved Nintendo series. One follows the stoic bounty hunter Samus Aran, who, after being orphaned at a young age, dedicates her life to helping keep peace in the universe. The other follows the pink blob known as Kirby, who dedicates his life to sleeping and swallowing delicious food whole -- especially strawberry shortcake and tomatoes.

It can be easy to focus on the differences of these series -- such as Metroid's more edgy, serious atmosphere verses Kirby's tendency to have a bunch of cute things on the screen at once. Indeed, Waddle Dees, Poppy Bros Jr.'s, Squishys, Whispy Woods, and Cappys are not quite as intimidating as Metroids, Space Pirates, Sheegoths, or Ing.

One shouldn't forget the similarities of the two series. While Kirby may prefer to spend his time lounging away, if the peace of Dream Land is threatened, or if somebody simply needs help, he is not shy to answer the call to adventure. His unique power to copy the abilities of his opponents by inhaling them allows him to pack as much firepower as Samus gets with her advanced Power Suit, which was made for her by her Chozo caretakers before they became nearly extinct. Both series also have a lot of emphasis on space and space exploration, moreso than most Nintendo series. Also, contrary to what the previous paragraph would suggest, both series are well known for their nightmare fuel. Some of Kirby's scariest opponents include an insane zombified jester, a bloody eyeball with angel wings, a giant mechanical comet bent on destroying all life, and this thing. These are absolutely as disturbing as Metroid's gigantic mechanized brains, phantom krakens, a space dragon that can regenerate himself by eating fresh corpses, and...whatever this is.

Anyone siding with the Metroid video game series will be part of the Zebes Expedition Team, aiming to travel deep into the hostile planet as they count down to 0. Those siding with the Kirby video game series are the Kirby Superstars, and will be aiming for the stars in the milky way as they count up to 500.

Rules:

1) The count starts at 250. Zebes Expedition Team will try to count down to 0, and Kirby Superstars try to count up to 500.

2) Once you choose a team, you cannot switch sides. It is recommended you mention me, your fabulous hostess, in your first post so that I can keep track of each side's members.

3) No ping-ponging; you cannot count again until at least two other players have posted.

4) Waddle Dees are cute

waddledeewaddledoo1864.png
tallon iv313.jpg

Players:

Zebes Expedition Team
> Rainami
> Murasaki
> Anime Kitten
> Changeling
> Dusk Lycanroc
> Chibster
>

Kirby Superstars
> Megapod
> Max1996
> Vulpix037
> Anime Psyclone
> Firox Foxy
> Cilantro
> Lone_Garurumon
> Zexy
> Kirby4ever
> Yours Truly
> APkMnTrainer
>

without further ado...250~

Last edited:
I'm honestly torn, as to which series I like more.

suppose I should help even things out...

Grew up with Epic Yarn and still love the series today. Never played a single Metroid game.

I haven't played any of the two, do recognize Kirby a bit more, will side with it

as far as metroid goes, my interests mostly lie in the metroid prime series
I am enjoying samus returns, though

as for kirby, I've played maybe a bit over half of the games. Superstar ultra and planet robobot might be my favorites.

kirby5617.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom