• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Rival's Story

The... the end... Thank you, Gastly. This is my favorite thing I have ever read. Good luck in all of your future works. Awesome job with this.

So, I read this all the way through in a single day, and I only have one thing to say: You made me feel suspense for events that I already knew the outcome of. That is such an accomplishment, for me to already know the ending and still end up surprised when Red's Charizard knocks out Lance's Dragonite. Gama, that was amazing. Thank you for letting us all have the privilege to read this.

I think it's about time this thread closes. However, before that, I think Gama should have the last word and talk about his feelings on this masterpiece of a fanfic, giving the writer the last post =P

Thank you very much for the kind words, everyone. It really means a lot that so many people stuck with Rival's Story to the very end, thank you so much for sticking with Rival's Story for as long as you did and thank you to all the superheroes (Kyuuketsuki being the most recent example) who read huuuuge amounts of Rival's Story in ridiculously short amounts of time. I'm just so happy that the BMGf community has given Rival's Story such a warm reception - I want to be a published novelist and if I ever make it, I'm putting a dedication to the BMGf Writer's Workshop at the front of every single one of my books.

I don't think there's any need for this thread to be locked though - who knows, new people could read it and give their 100 chapter review.

Also, as this will probably be my last post on the Rival's Story thread, I'd just like to show everyone a link to the first ever mention of Rival's Story on BMGf. I just found it today and it really made me smile, there's a link in my signature at the moment but I thought I'd post it here too in case I ever take it out:

The Beginning

Still only partway through this, but in blue's battle with erika, shouldn't gyarados have lasted longer? it's part flying, so it should only have taken neutral damage

my theory ab blaine

he's obviously been surfing around the coast too much if you catch my drift

100 chapters in two days, 2 times nearly brought to tears(oaks words to blue and maxwell's departure) and my final opinion of this story
damn well worth joining this site for

Last edited by a moderator:
"Too bad you've already had yours..."

That was so horribly brilliant!

This story is just truly amazing, really! I'll never be able to crush Blue in RBY,FRLG, or HGSS ever again! Well, not without the blood curdling battle cries anyway...

Again, very well done! Onto Dragon Days!

This was absolutely incredible. I was addicted the whole way through and the last sentence made me smile for some horrible reason. I guarantee that if all fanfiction writers were as good as you, I would never be bored again. Nice work! :)

I just finished reading this in two 12 hour periods, I liked it and I might try to write the yellow version of rival's story, but I'm not good at finishing my fanfics, in fact I've never finished one but I'll try to finish this one. stupid run-on sentences, I have horrible grammar.

While I doubt that Gama will see this...

The story is completely awesome! I never looked at things from the rival's view! I hope this doesn't keep me from fighting rivals in the games...

I also find it funny how the anime Blue (though his name is Gary there) is clearly a jerk. I haven't watched a lot of that, but of what I've seen, I always had this view on Blue since. It's funny that I make this connection even though they have different names and Red isn't Ash here. Meh... :XD:

Well, now it's safe to say that this is the best story I've read in my entire life. And that's saying something, since I've read so many, and the only thing I ever liked almost as much as this is Harry Potter.

I know I'm late to the party, but this was a great story. A fantastic combination of nostalgia, writing, and story telling.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom