• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RMT: Battlespot 3v3 Singles.

Ryme

Reaction score
I don't know how to do the pokemon sprites, so I'll just bold the names.

As the title suggests, this team is designed for battle spot, the 3v3 singles format. The goal of the team is to use offensive pokemon, most of which can take a hit when switching in. I try to play by the smogon rules, and as such won't use Aegislash, Mega-Khan etc. I build this team by looking at the list of threats I encountered in Battlespot, and which pokemon gave me most trouble. Then I selected pokemon I thought were strong checks against those pokemon and would work well together. The plan is to soften the enemy team up with pokemon like Breloom, Tyranitar and Mamoswine, then wreck shop with one of my mega's. Im not the most experienced battler out there, so tips are very welcome. Please tell me what you think the weak points in this team set-up are, what pokemon, moves or items could/should be replaced and what you suggest to change it with.

Breloom
Item: Focus Sash
Abillity: Technician
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
Moves:
Mach Punch
Spore
Bullet Seed
Rock Tomb

Breloom is used mostly as a lead. He is good against so many pokemon that people tend to lead with. He can spore anything slower than him, then take them out afterwards. Supereffective technician bullet seed puts a dent in Rotom-W, Mach Punch hits leads as Tyranitar, Greninja and Mamoswine hard and Rock Tomb destroys the ever present Talonflame, living the Brave Bird thanks to its focus sash.

Tyranitar
Item: Choice Scarf
Abillity: Sand Stream
Nature: Naive
Evs: 252 Spe, 90 Atk, 166 Sp.Atk.
Moves:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Ice Beam

My other lead. Choice Scarf outspeeds a lot of pokemon that don't expect it, including Adamant Talonflame, Infernape etc. and then knocks them out with his huge attack stat and strong moves. Sand Stream breaks sashes, which is nice. Fire Blast is there to destroy Ferrothorn, which would be a pretty big problem for my team otherwise. Ice Beam is mainly to take out Gliscor, but it works well against Garchomp & co. too. Tips on this are welcome: Would it be better to go full physical? Is there a better EV spread?

Mamoswine
Item: Life Orb
Abillity: Thick Fat
Nature: Naive
Moves:
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Icicle Spear
Freeze-Dry

Mamoswine is a monster. He has enough bulk to take a hit, especially on the physical side. Icicle spear destroys Focus Sash Garchomp, Multiscale Dragonite and most things weak to ice. Freeze-Dry is there to surprise (is it still surprising really?) switch ins like Rotom-W and Gyarados. Ice Shard for priority, Earthquake for a strong stab.

Greninja
Item: Expert Belt
Abillity: Protean
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk., 252 Spe, 4 Hp
Moves:
Hydro-Pump
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Haze

This one is a bit odd. Since I already use Life Orb and Focus Sash, Greninja is holding an Expert Belt. He is mostly on this team as a Baton-Pass counter and a special cannon, as Im high on physical pokes. Hydro-Pump has shaky accuracy, but Greninja really needs the extra power. Ice Beam gives good coverage, Extrasensory is there to knock out Mega-Venussaur which is very common and very irritating. Haze is an odd move, but it is the main reason to bring this Greninja: It surprises and destroys the Baton Pass teams you see on Battlespot so much. I tend to keep this on the bench a lot; priority knocks the frail frog out very often, and he is mostly just worth it against Baton Pass teams or teams big on physical walls. Tips on this are welcome: Is this pokemon even worth the spot? Are there better Baton Pass counters?

Pinsir
Item: Pinsirite
Abillity: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Return
Quick Attack
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Pretty standard mega-Pinsir. Has the bulk to take a hit, and once it gets up a swords dance it's often Good Game. He also laughs at the mega-Venussaurs I keep seeing.

Gyarados
Item: Gyaradosite
Nature: Adamant
Abillity: Intimidate
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

Mega Gyarados is scary in battlespot. First of all, he brings the mind games because of his type-change when mega-evolving. Good predictions often land me a free Dragon Dance. Second, intimidate in combination with his natural bulk and typing makes him both a great switch in and easy to set up a Dragon Dance. Once a dance has been set up, there are many things Gyarados can destroy without a problem. Waterfall is main stab and has a trollish chance to flinch, Ice Fang destroys many dragons, but also Mega-Venussaur thanks to mold breaker. Earthquake nukes many pokemon, including Rotom-W (mold breaker strikes again) and Aegislash.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Ryme

Last edited:
I've tried a fully physical Tyranitar, but like you said, Ferrothorn is a big problem and I don't think fire fang is enough to deal with it even if you had it. I'm thinking fire punch might be better for a physical set, but it seems safer to go mixed.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom