• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RMT [ΩRαS OU]: Buzz Kill

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Hive never claimed to be good at team building (or puns), so bee kind, please. :p

ΩRαS OU: Buzz Kill

sdzmf9.jpg

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- U-Turn
- Protect

spkyv7.gif
Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
30ku16u.gif

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

1olnkp.gif
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
2m32z42.gif
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
dful45.gif

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 196 HP / 48 Atk / 248 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hey folks! I've never exactly been an, erm... "threatening" competitive battler anyway, and I'm completely new to the ΩRαS metagame, so I'd greatly appreciate any feedback you have to offer. So far this team hasn't really been making waves for me, but it hasn't been getting curb-stomped either - I'm just not sure if it's my team-building or my own play that's holding me back, so suggestions are welcome!

Beedrill: One of my favorite pokémon and he's finally gained some viability thanks to Beedrillite. Hits hard and fast, but he pretty much can't switch into... well... anything.

Empoleon: Hazard-setter, phazer, and spreads burns with Scald when I need him to. He's mostly performing these jobs for me because he's what I'm comfortable with - I haven't run a team without this Empoleon in a very long time. Open to new ideas here, though.

Sylveon: Switched to Choice Scarf Sylveon, so far she's doing a great job luring and OHKO'ing Mega Gallade (she's causing ragequits all on her own, I'm so proud). Again, very open to suggestions here.A very weird Sylveon set with Assault Vest, Draining Kiss is her only means of recovery (thus the defensive investment rather than HP) but she makes a nice surprise Special Sweeper in a pinch.

Landorus-T: Scarfed Landorus has been handling Metagross pretty well for me so far.

Infernape: Switched to a Physical set with improved utility.Special Sweeper Infernape with Close Combat for Special Walls and Vacuum Wave for priority. Never used Infernape seriously before so I'm probably out of my depth here.

Mew: Second favorite 'mon on this team after Beedrill, and another oddball moveset. Mew functions as my Bisharp lure and is my favorite Mew moveset of any I've ever used - has prompted more chatbox rage than any other pokémon.

Flygon: Full disclosure, Flygon is mostly here for his Electric immunity and because I lacked a Dragon. He seems to do good work, though.

Suggestions and constructive criticism are very, very welcome! Thanks for reading! :-D

Importable:
Version 1.1 (Current)
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- U-turn
- Protect

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Importable:
Version 1.0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Sylveon (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Last edited:
Nice team ^_^

I think you need to switch around your Atk and SpA EVs on Infernape, and go Iron Fist > Blaze.

4 SpA already allows you to hit relevant steel types in OU such as Ferrothorn, Doublade, and Skarmory for an OHKO. Going for maximum attack allows you a guaranteed OHKO on Blissey with CC. Grass Knot can OHKO Quagsire and Swampert(Though this one requires residual damage).

Also Vacuum Wave < Mach Punch. Iron Fist boost as well as the maximum attack EV's make it a much more powerful option.

And on Beedrill, it isn't necessary per-se, but I'd recommend Protect. It's just so slow and weak the first turn it's hard to mega-evolve.

I think both of these options will better improve these two Pokés, but please correct me if I'm wrong ^_^

I'm not particularly good at teambuilding myself, but I can see some problems.

1) I wouldn't bother with Assault Vest on Sylveon. Just use Specs if you want to use an offensive one. And use HP Ground over Draining Kiss for Heatran. Calm Mind Magic Guard Clefable would probably be a better choice here though, as it would also give you a decent answer to Mega Gallade (though doesn't help against Metagross) while also acting as win condition. Edit: Unaware could work too

2) Consider using Protect on Beedrill so you can Mega Evolve against faster Pokemon because without it you're really pressured/forced as to when you can go Mega.

3) In practice how has this team handled Mega Gallade and Mega Metagross? Gallade seems to be a big problem as it gets easy set up vs your Mew set. Unboosted it 2HKOs Sylveon with Zen Headbutt so that can't switch directly in so can only check it. Empoleon and Infernape are easily beaten by Close Combat/Zen Headbutt even unboosted. Beedrill has to be Mega Evolved (which as point 2 said, you'll find hard to do without Protect in a lot of cases) and even then can't kill so when you U-turn you'll have to sack something off to it as it can beat everything else.

4) I'd replace Flygon with Scarf Landorus-T personally.

Outside of Empoleon (no recovery move means it's easy to wear down) Greninja also looks like a problem, but when isn't Greninja a problem these days. You'd need your Beedrill to be Mega too - seriously consider using Protect, it'll help.

Last edited:
Nice team ^_^
Thanks! :-D
I think you need to switch around your Atk and SpA EVs on Infernape, and go Iron Fist > Blaze.
You don't think that will leave me lacking on the Special side?

And on Beedrill, it isn't necessary per-se, but I'd recommend Protect. It's just so slow and weak the first turn it's hard to mega-evolve.

I think both of these options will better improve these two Pokés, but please correct me if I'm wrong ^_^
Thanks! I'm not sure if I'll add Protect to Beedrill or not - so far finding openings to mega evolve hasn't really been too tricky to sort out.

I'm not particularly good at teambuilding myself, but I can see some problems.

1) I wouldn't bother with Assault Vest on Sylveon. Just use Specs if you want to use an offensive one. And use HP Ground over Draining Kiss for Heatran.
Good point, especially about Heatran - who gives me nothing but headaches.

Calm Mind Magic Guard Clefable would probably be a better choice here though, as it would also give you a decent answer to Mega Gallade (though doesn't help against Metagross) while also acting as win condition. Edit: Unaware could work too
Maybe - crazy question, but it probably wouldn't be worth all the Speed EVs and Choice Scarf to set Sylveon for outspeeding Mega Gallade?

2) Consider using Protect on Beedrill so you can Mega Evolve against faster Pokemon because without it you're really pressured/forced as to when you can go Mega.
Considering it, but mega evolving hasn't been too tricky so far. Incidentally, which move would you nix for this?

3) In practice how has this team handled Mega Gallade and Mega Metagross? Gallade seems to be a big problem as it gets easy set up vs your Mew set. Unboosted it 2HKOs Sylveon with Zen Headbutt so that can't switch directly in so can only check it. Empoleon and Infernape are easily beaten by Close Combat/Zen Headbutt even unboosted. Beedrill has to be Mega Evolved (which as point 2 said, you'll find hard to do without Protect in a lot of cases) and even then can't kill so when you U-turn you'll have to sack something off to it as it can beat everything else.
In practice oddly this team hasn't really had to deal with either of them yet - but I've only been running these 'mons for a couple of days so I'm sure I'll run into them eventually, and you're right, they'll be problematic.

4) I'd replace Flygon with Scarf Landorus-T personally.
Not really a Lando-fan but I'll give it a shot!

Outside of Empoleon (no recovery move means it's easy to wear down) Greninja also looks like a problem, but when isn't Greninja a problem these days. You'd need your Beedrill to be Mega too - seriously consider using Protect, it'll help.
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll work on trying out these changes and implementing stuff that works after I get some sleep. :)

Updated after implementing most of the changes you guys suggested and a Scarfed Sylveon that's been working much better for me. Let me know what you think!

(Finally started running into Mega Metagross and Gallade, and Landorus-T and Sylveon are handling them fairly well, respectively)

I've added Will-O-Wisp to Mew and the team is functioning pretty well for me for the most part.

However, Talonflame is a nightmare and I seem to lose to every team that has Magnezone on it. Help?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom