• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RMT : OU (Non weather)

Born Villain

Reaction score
THE TEAM

Jolteon (M)
Role : Scout Lead
Timid : 252 speed / 252 sp attack / 4 hp
Item : Focus Sash
Ability: Volt Absorb

Volt Switch | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power Ice | Shadow Ball

Jolteon can out speed most OU Pokemon thanks to his incredible speed combined with huge sp. attack it can take on most other leads being able to hit twice with the combination of amazing speed & focus sash making up for low defences.
Any Pokemon I don’t fancy taking on quickly volt switch out & bring in a teammate that can utilise an advantage.

Scizor (M)
Role : Bulky Sweeper
Adamant : 252 hp / 104 attack / 152 speed
Item: Iron Plate
Ability : Technician

Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | Brick Break | X-Scissor

plenty of bulk to set up a swords dance after taking a hit then with priority bullet punch + technician means I can punch holes in the opposition with a huge attack, leftovers recovering meaning out with a fire move my scizor could take 2 hits survive and punish others.

Volcarona (F)
Role : Quiver Dance Killer
Timid : 240 Hp / 216 Defence / 52 Speed
Item : Life Orb
Ability : Flame Body

Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Fiery Dance | Whirlwind

Plenty of Bulk… enough speed to outrun vast majority of OU out with choice scarfers.
can take a hit maximize speed, sp. Defence & Special attack with one quiver dance then hit hard with a reasonable attack with Life orb aswell and sweep threats under away.

Vaporeon (F)
Role : Water Tankish Wall
Bold : 252 hp / 252 defence / 4 sp. Defence
Item : Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb

Scald | Wish | Protect | Ice Beam

wish for self healing or team mate healing, even with her great bulk, she still has a great sp attack which is great for a decent powered scald with chance to burn then stall out with wish & protect & Ice Beam to take down pesky dragons, grass & flying types with… one of my favourite pokemon since gen 1 & is just immense at her job 7 offers Volcarona protection against water types.

Donphan (M)
Role : Spinner
Adamant : 252 hp / 252 attack / 4 Defence
Item : Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy

Earthquake | Rapid Spin | Ice Shard | Stone Edge

Switch in take a hit rapid spin the team away from entry hazards, with offensive typing to hit hard Ev’s in hp to take a hit, sturdy to avoid a OHKO…
also using rocky helmet as I face a lot of physical attackers with sturdy s take a hit break there sturdy then hit hard with a STAB Earthquake can be devastating.

HAXorus (M) saveing my best to last
Role : Sweeper
Adamant : 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 hp
Ability : Mold Breaker

Earthquake | Brick Break | Dragon Dance | Outrage

Enter… Break The Mold… Focus sash allows set up of dragon dance attack raises past 600 Speed boosted significantly then hit hard Stab Outrage amazing at the end of battles, Earthquakes with that much power are killer & brick break for anyone trying to stall out the match with a chansey / blissey

@Born Villain ; Don't forget to list your Pokemon's natures. A few nitpicks, but the team looks solid enough.

Running Timid and Choice Specs on Jolteon is much better than Sashing it. While it is frail, it usually won't be staying in on anything that could otherwise knock it out and the additional power is very welcome.

Superpower and Bug Bite are much better than BB and X-Scissor, thanks to Technician for the latter.

Whirlwind seems a little odd on Volca, even though you are running a bulky set. I'd definitely replace this with Morning Sun or Roost or Giga Drain. Volca enjoys going first since even with the bulk, you'll find it can't take the many Rock type moves. I can see its uses, but other moves are much more welcome imo.

For Haxorus, give it either a Life Orb, a Lum or even a Yache berry and it'll do much better. Great defensive typing and above average defenses means it won't be knocked down to Sash range very often.

Is there anything in particular that gives you problems?

@Born Villain ; Don't forget to list your Pokemon's natures. A few nitpicks, but the team looks solid enough.

Running Timid and Choice Specs on Jolteon is much better than Sashing it. While it is frail, it usually won't be staying in on anything that could otherwise knock it out and the additional power is very welcome.

yeah just as its frail tried sashing it & it helps avoid a OHKO earthquake if i'm caught up in that situation

Superpower and Bug Bite are much better than BB and X-Scissor, thanks to Technician for the latter.

they will be added in once i get black 2, just unfortunatley cant get they moves just now so useing the next best thing.

Whirlwind seems a little odd on Volca, even though you are running a bulky set. I'd definitely replace this with Morning Sun or Roost or Giga Drain. Volca enjoys going first since even with the bulk, you'll find it can't take the many Rock type moves. I can see its uses, but other moves are much more welcome imo.

whirlwind was just to blow away pokemon i dont fancy takeing on which may have rock typeing or rock moves, i like the tought of morning sun as to her bulk.

For Haxorus, give it either a Life Orb, a Lum or even a Yache berry and it'll do much better. Great defensive typing and above average defenses means it won't be knocked down to Sash range very often.

yeah just thought of sash as to ice moves being popular, life orb would be good.

Is there anything in particular that gives you problems?

only started battling competively thorugh wifi, & used this to build a team will as little weakness just seeing how others would set up that have more knowledge, so thanks

U-Turn with Swords Dance kinds of ruins the boost, but it will catch a lot of people off-guard...

THE TEAM

Jolteon (M)
Role : Scout Lead
Timid : 252 speed / 252 sp attack / 4 hp
Ability: Volt Absorb

Volt Switch | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power Ice | Shadow Ball

Jolteon can out speed most OU Pokemon thanks to his incredible speed combined with huge sp. attack it can take on most other leads being able to hit twice with the combination of amazing speed & focus sash making up for low defences.
Any Pokemon I don’t fancy taking on quickly volt switch out & bring in a teammate that can utilise an advantage.

Try a life orb. It won't lock you into a move and it will hit harder then with a focus sash. entry hazards are just way too common and that focus sash will most likely get broken one way or anohter.

Scizor (M)
Role : Bulky Sweeper
Adamant : 252 hp / 104 attack / 152 speed
Item: Iron Plate
Ability : Technician

Swords Dance | Bullet Punch | Brick Break | X-Scissor

plenty of bulk to set up a swords dance after taking a hit then with priority bullet punch + technician means I can punch holes in the opposition with a huge attack, leftovers recovering meaning out with a fire move my scizor could take 2 hits survive and punish others.
for 'bulky' scizors I like roost and leftovers. Helps keep it alive and due to it's already high attack hits hard regardless. Bullet punch and brick break is enough coverage and if you get your hands on superpower it's even better. Unless you are worried about starmie but after a few swords dances bullet punch will wreck it anyways, assuming you damaged it a little already.

Volcarona (F)
Role : Quiver Dance Killer
Timid : 240 Hp / 216 Defence / 52 Speed
Item : Life Orb
Ability : Flame Body

Quiver Dance | Bug Buzz | Fiery Dance | Whirlwind

Plenty of Bulk… enough speed to outrun vast majority of OU out with choice scarfers.
can take a hit maximize speed, sp. Defence & Special attack with one quiver dance then hit hard with a reasonable attack with Life orb aswell and sweep threats under away.
- great ev spread and moves but might I suggest morning sun? someone else already mentioned this I think but because it will make it so much harder to take down. If you switch it into a non threat and donphan isn't there to help with stealth rocks you can get your health back to full.

Vaporeon (F)
Role : Water Tankish Wall
Bold : 252 hp / 252 defence / 4 sp. Defence
Item : Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb

Scald | Wish | Protect | Ice Beam

wish for self healing or team mate healing, even with her great bulk, she still has a great sp attack which is great for a decent powered scald with chance to burn then stall out with wish & protect & Ice Beam to take down pesky dragons, grass & flying types with… one of my favourite pokemon since gen 1 & is just immense at her job 7 offers Volcarona protection against water types.

Donphan (M)
Role : Spinner
Adamant : 252 hp / 252 attack / 4 Defence
Item : Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy

Earthquake | Rapid Spin | Ice Shard | Stone Edge

Switch in take a hit rapid spin the team away from entry hazards, with offensive typing to hit hard Ev’s in hp to take a hit, sturdy to avoid a OHKO…
also using rocky helmet as I face a lot of physical attackers with sturdy s take a hit break there sturdy then hit hard with a STAB Earthquake can be devastating.

HAXorus (M) saveing my best to last
Role : Sweeper
Adamant : 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 hp
Ability : Mold Breaker

Earthquake | Brick Break | Dragon Dance | Outrage

Enter… Break The Mold… Focus sash allows set up of dragon dance attack raises past 600 Speed boosted significantly then hit hard Stab Outrage amazing at the end of battles, Earthquakes with that much power are killer & brick break for anyone trying to stall out the match with a chansey / blissey

Lum berry would be better so it can continue it's onslaught after outrage without being worried about confusion. Also useful incase those common rotom-w's decide to will o wisp you early on after you dragon dance in it's face, considering it can take hits from its stabs well enough. It's not the bulkiest pokemon but it won't die in one hit unless you think you can take on an ice beam or ice shard from a banded mamoswine.

I like the pokemon you are using. Here are some suggestions, but really they are minor things I think because movesets and pokemon are real stellar for the most part. Suggestions are above.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom