• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RMT: Triple Battle.

White Yoshi

Racing and Pokemon fan.
Reaction score
I am not one to get into competitive battling. Tried it but went away from it. Wasn't much fun and got a bit annoying at times but Triple Battles are a bit different. They allow more strategic options so not much of the same strategy and Pokemon is used allowing for a much more entertain experience.

I tried many Triple Battle combos and here is my best one so far (please note, I don't IV breed and don't EV train much on some of these since most of these Pokemon I grew attach too). My strategy is mainly support but I don't know what Items to give them

1: Greninja - Torrent
My Mat Blocker, protecting my other Pokemon while they attack or set up. U-Turn so I can switch (because I play by no substitution rules and move that cause substitution are still legal).

2: Raichu - Static
Each of its 4 moves have a purpose. Charm is too support my Malamar, Light Screen for quick Special Defense, Brick Break is break my opponents shields and Wild Charge for STAB attacks. I decided on Physical Raichu because 1. many expect a Special Raichu 2. This Raichu was Physical attack nature.

3: Malamar - Contrary
My Pokemon that delivers the most Blows, using Normal and Psychic varients of Night Slash and Night Slash itself and don't forget Superpower.

4: Wigglytuff - Competitive
My Special Attacker. Competitive is so it can cover from any moves that decrease stats.

5: Archeops - Defeatist
My quick attacker. Has Protect to protect him while my Skill Swapper gets rid of Defeatist.

6: Dusclops (Eviolite) - Pressure
My Staller. Uses the usual Toxic/Substitute while uses Skill Swap to get rid of Archeops from suffering Defeatist. Can't think of a my 4th move but.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom