• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RMT [XY OU]: Shake It Off (CroCune Semi-Stall)

UB-01 Kenobi

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
Team I built for a tourney over on Smogon. Thoughts?

[video=youtube;nfWlot6h_JM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM[/video]

suicune.gif

"I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake ~ I shake it off, I shake it off"

Taylor (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Calm Mind

I decided I wanted to build around CroCune because it's so sturdy and reliable. In the tourney you want as many Pokémon as possible to come out alive, so I figured something that is notorious for snagging 6-0s would be a great place to start.

Chesnaught_XY.gif

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose ~ Fire away, fire away"

David (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm

CroCune can set up really reliably with just its Lefties, but extra Leech Seed recovery makes setup even easier and Spikes facilitate my sweep.

Bisharp_XY.gif

"Baby do you dare to do this? ~ Cause I’m coming at you like a dark horse"

Katy (Bisharp) (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Once I decided to go Spike-stacking I decided to pack Bisharp because 1) duh Defog deterrent and 2) she's my signature Pokémon and I <3 her

645-therian.gif

"Baby, I'm preying on you tonight ~ Hunt you down eat you alive"

Adam (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

rotom-wash.gif

"I just can't worry 'bout no haters, gotta stay on my grind"

Iggy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Then I added in a quick VoltTurn core to help Suicune get in and set up. I chose Rotom-W over MManectric because I didn't want to be too weak to opposing Bisharp and because spreading Burn makes it easier for Suicune to set up against physical attackers.

Starmie_XY.gif

"Said no more counting dollars ~ We'll be counting stars"

Ryan (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Finally, Starmie gives me hazard control and can hold its own against a number of Grass-types that would otherwise be a problem for a team with three Water types due to Reflect Type.

The team is named due to the fact that once Suicune gets rolling, if you try to hit it, it will just Shake It Off. (Also song teams are trendy these days lol :p)

Importable:
David (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm

Adam (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Katy (Bisharp) (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Iggy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Ryan (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type

Taylor (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Baton Pass destroys this, 0/10

In all seriousness, however, this team seems pretty weak to scarfed Kyurem-B Thundurus, you lack checks bar Landorus. I would slap SpDef Clefable... somewhere. There isn't really a spot for it anywhere there D: Maybe instead of Rotom, although that will cost some momentum
Another weakness I see is Amoonguss/defensive MVenusaur (Starmie can kinda wall them after a Reflect Type, but still it can't do anything to them bar burning with an unSTABbed Scald), but I am uncertain how to patch this up without opening huge holes
Maybe Psyshock/Psychic over Reflect Type on Starmie, or just make it an offensive LO spinner instead of defensive

Last edited:

In all seriousness, however, this team seems pretty weak to scarfed Kyurem-B Thundurus, you lack checks bar Landorus. I would slap SpDef Clefable... somewhere. There isn't really a spot for it anywhere there D: Maybe instead of Rotom, although that will cost some momentum
Another weakness I see is Amoonguss/defensive MVenusaur (Starmie can kinda wall them after a Reflect Type, but still it can't do anything to them bar burning with an unSTABbed Scald), but I am uncertain how to patch this up without opening huge holes
Maybe Psyshock/Psychic over Reflect Type on Starmie, or just make it an offensive LO spinner instead of defensive

I was actually thinking of Psyshock over Scald on Starmie as it OHKOes Gengar after Rocks and it makes dealing with Venu/Amoonguss less of a pain (I have had to burn stall them on multiple occasions while testing this on the ladder). Rotom and Chesnaught can both take a TBolt/HP Ice in order to start some passive damage going with Will-O or Leech Sees, but I do tend to have to allow Bisharp to get paralyzed so I can then Sucker Punch. I'll have to think about that, because if I ever run into NP Thindy I'm screwed.

I was actually thinking of Psyshock over Scald on Starmie as it OHKOes Gengar after Rocks and it makes dealing with Venu/Amoonguss less of a pain (I have had to burn stall them on multiple occasions while testing this on the ladder). Rotom and Chesnaught can both take a TBolt/HP Ice in order to start some passive damage going with Will-O or Leech Sees, but I do tend to have to allow Bisharp to get paralyzed so I can then Sucker Punch. I'll have to think about that, because if I ever run into NP Thindy I'm screwed.

You're actually more safe from NP Thundy than you'd think. Choice Scarf Landorus-T is hitting 463 speed with a 252+ Spe NP Thundy only hitting 353 speed. As long at Landorus can land Stone Edge you'll be fine.

You're actually more safe from NP Thundy than you'd think. Choice Scarf Landorus-T is hitting 463 speed with a 252+ Spe NP Thundy only hitting 353 speed. As long at Landorus can land Stone Edge you'll be fine.

Landorus is too easy to wear down with Rocks + me constantly switching it into various physical attackers, since it has no recovery

If all a team has against a certain Pokemon is a single check (i.e. something that wins 1v1 if it gets a free switch), the team is extremely weak to said Pokemon
Even more so when the check is Lando-T, which is a pivot and switches into everything (technically the scarf set is also an end-game cleaner, but come on, how often does it actually clean up?)
You want at least two checks to everything on HO, and a check and/or a counter when you run any less aggressive playstyle, semi-stall included

Tentative solution to the Thundurus problem:

Lanturn_XY.gif

"I'm stronger than I've been before ~ This is the part when I break free"

Ariana (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers/Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 216 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Grass

Lanturn 2HKOes with Ice Beam after Leftovers recovery and walls TBolt, HP Flying, and HP Ice at +2 even if it's a LO Thundurus. However, it needs Assault Vest to always beat +2 Thundurus if it packs Focus Blast. This diminishes its overall utility, however. Of course, Lanturn would sub for Rotom-W.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom