• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Road map for the Generation series

Zekurom

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
If I even ever get this far... XD

I've planned out the main synopses for all four of the Generation stories that are currently writable - releasing one each year.

Here they are:

• Generation 2021 (the one I'm currently writing)
    • Meet Rachel Palton, an eleven-year-old girl who embarks on the journey her father had taken twenty years ago. Along with her Buoysel, Suigun, and a travelling companion from Pallet Town named Ken, she travels all around the Kanto region, getting into laughs, trouble, and – of course – an evil organization’s way.
  • Generation 2024 – The Dragon Trainer
    • Nathan Loreley is deathly afraid of dragons after an incident that involved them when he was eight years old. Two years later, he is travelling to Blackthorn City with his father when a rockslide almost kills Mura, the Gym Leader. Can Nathan he take up the mantle of Blackthorn City and overcome his fear of dragons to become the Gym Leader himself, and the greatest Dragon-type Trainer in the world?
  • Rei and I – Generation 2006
    • Ever since I was a child, I’ve had improbable things happen to me – that’s why my parents nicknamed me “Masaka”. But meeting a young Rayquaza that I’d grow up with as a Trainer? That seems a bit too much even for me. Join me as I explore the Hoenn region to try and defeat Team Gregate and rescue Rei’s mother, and deal with all the skin that Rei sheds.
    • Known as a “spiritual sequel” to the other two Generation stories.
  • The Ugly Psyduck – Generation 2013
    • Here in the Sinnoh region, we don’t take very kindly to shiny Pokémon. The people over here seem to think that they’re freaks of nature – Arceus’ outcasts, so to say. I want to prove them wrong. My parents run an orphanage of these types of Pokémon, and one day, I decided to take a Psyduck and embark on my own journey, to show the world just how strong these oddly coloured Pokémon can be.
What do you think? Do the other three ideas have any merit?

Last edited:
The Rayquaza one reminds me a lot of my very first fanfic ever.

I think they all have promise. :)

And may I see this fic?

Or will I be haunted by it for the rest of my days?

No, I wrote it on a spiral notebook which has been lost in the six years since I wrote it.

And yeah, you'd be haunted forever. Basically, Team Rocket steals Rayquaza's egg, pisses it off, takes over Aqua and Magma, successfully takes over the world, and then get pwned by the legendaries they either couldn't find or neglected to care about.

All in the space of about five pages.

Basically, Team Rocket steals Rayquaza's egg, pisses it off, takes over Aqua and Magma, successfully takes over the world, and then get pwned by the legendaries they either couldn't find or neglected to care about.

All in the space of about five pages.

Well, there's one good thing to say about it - you really know how to pack it in.

I really like 2024. That seems like the best of the lot that are unwritten.

Of course, the title of 'The Ugly Psyduck' reminds me of this clip from Spongebob.

...You've never heard of The Ugly Duckling, have you? >> Anyway, I can't say that I've followed Generation 2021, but the only thing I'm concerned about is the Rayquaza stuff. If you can handle it correctly, more power to you, and of course people will be more accepting since it's the third in a series that they have presumably read, but still. Proceed with caution.

Alright, it just seemed strange to me that you'd think of a SpongeBob Squarepants clip with that. /shot.

...You've never heard of The Ugly Duckling, have you? >> Anyway, I can't say that I've followed Generation 2021, but the only thing I'm concerned about is the Rayquaza stuff. If you can handle it correctly, more power to you, and of course people will be more accepting since it's the third in a series that they have presumably read, but still. Proceed with caution.

That I shall. I actually put a warning at the beginning that "This story might take a thousand tries to get right."

Rei is pretty weak at the beginning, actually - not quite as powerful as most people would take him to be as a legendary.

I'm just wondering. Has anybody else taken that approach with shinies - treating them as sub-Pokémon?

*bump* And now I need some help. What do I need help on? Determining what kind of powers the shed skin of a Rayquaza has.

Any ideas?

Maybe it can calm storms, but not to the level of an actual Rayquaza?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom