• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocket: You.. You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you?

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
Source

"Rocket: You.. You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you? No, that can't be right. GIOVANNI's kid has red hair."

The G/S rival *does* look like him...

Wait... omg his kid is Jessie!1! omgbbq

At least now we know he has actually had a kid.

It certainly points to Kamon/Silver being Giovanni's son. Their faces and personalities are similar enough.

And the only other redheaded male from the games I can think of is Green/Shigeru - and his parents are supposedly dead.

Wait... omg his kid is Jessie!1! omgbbq

Well, in that case, I don't think they wouldn't even bring up Giovanni's kid due to the fact that the main character is the wrong gender - but if you think about it FR/LG lets you play as male or female.

*looks at Misty*

Hehe.

It'd be nice to have this resolved in Pokemon Special - considering that Blue has found her true parents, but Silver has not.

Red hair? *eyes Silver and Jessie suspiciously* Wait... we don't know who Jessie's father is, do we? Nor do we know what kind of family Silver's got. Hmm.... I hope we get clarification soon. 'Twould be interesting to find out who Sakaki's kid is, eh?

Hmmm...!

Well, that is an interesting little suggestion. You have to admit that Silver's style is very Rocket-esque. However, I think it is unlikely that The Boss's son would just be left to roam wild, let alone have to steal his Starter.

In any case, the various Pokémon continuities are so diverse that what happens in one has no relationship to what happens in the other. Man! It is enough to make you dizzy! :dizzy:

However, I think it is unlikely that The Boss's son would just be left to roam wild, let alone have to steal his Starter.

We know Silver hates Team Rocket, so it's possible he ran away from his father. Or, as in the manga, was seperated from his family at an early age.

In any case, the various Pokémon continuities are so diverse that what happens in one has no relationship to what happens in the other. Man! It is enough to make you dizzy!

Families tend to remain the same in the other continuities as they are in the games. The only exception is the anime's bizarre lack of Gary's sister.

NeoKuwa said:
Families tend to remain the same in the other continuities as they are in the games. The only exception is the anime's bizarre lack of Gary's sister.

Or the anime's lack of Janine. Or the switching parents of the R/S lead and rival (and a sudden little brother on the show) Or Elm's vanishing family (I don't think Joy would flirt with him if he was married like he is in the games).

And as far as we know, on the show, Birch doesn't have any family either (just that one pretty guy assistant, as my roomate points out)

And if we're including Special, how Lance and Clair are cousins in that and not related on the show.

I have a question--how valid is this source? Also, could this be a translation error? If this line was in Japanese, wouldn't we have heard it by now? Seriously, we'd have been all abuzz about it. Could the original have said his heir or someone he trained?

And yeah, who says this in the game? A random Rocket, or someone of rank? Because if we don't find out, then it's unlikely that the agents would know either.

Oh yes! Don't the games also say Giovanni founded TR? We *know* he didn't on the show...

And let's say this supposed kid *is* Silver. Given the opening credits to the Raikou Special indicate that Silver has already been defeated, he's not very likely to appear on the show. So the odds of this relationship carrying through to the rest of the show are highly unlikely.

If this *is* carried through elsewhere, it may be a remix of G/S/C. And as I pointed out, family relationships on the games do not equal family relationships on the show.

Or the switching parents of the R/S lead and rival

Who says which character's the lead and which is the rival? I don't see why there's any reason May can't have been the lead.

Given the opening credits to the Raikou Special indicate that Silver has already been defeated, he's not very likely to appear on the show.

What? Didn't it show Silver defeating Kenta?

This source is somewhere between very and infinitely reliable. The question is, whose dialogue it is. Most likely a low-level grunt.

As for the Crystal opening, both occurs, one, Silver defeating Kenta's Cyndaquil, and again, later, Kenta's Typhlosion defeating Silver.

Another point of EXTREME difference between the show and the games was Mewtwo's creation. In the game, the Rockets had nothing to do with it, and on the show, it was an exclusively Rocket endeavor.

Of course, in Special, it was Silph with Rocket influence, and Mewtwo was augmented with BLAINE's DNA, and there's no way in HELL *that* happened on the show...(actually, there *is* a rumor that M2 was still augmented, but by...*cough* someone else)

So...who *is* the source, Zhen Lin? It looked like a random post to me.

Also--in the games you can catch anything. On the show, disasters and Armegeddon will come about if you catch certain creatures (or in the case of the Dogs, even look at them sideways, it seems). Did we learn nothing from the second movie? Jiri, I'm looking in your direction!

Jiri: ...why are you dragging me into this? This has nothing to do with me.
Me: It has to do with my fanfics, dammit! You want to keep dying in them? No? Then I'll have to write about other people, and 'other people' often includes the Boss.

The source, to be specific, is Chris (Meowth346), who has a reputation of breaking some tough puzzles regarding Pokemon games. This, in particular, is extracted from game text.

What tough puzzles? Do you mean like *in*-game puzzles like the Regi braille puzzle?

And what do you mean 'extracted'? Is this somehow hidden?

Also, what version is this from? Japanese? English? I'm presuming English, since he's refered to by his NoA name...

And has this person beaten the game yet? If so, what else do they have to say?

Not in-game puzzles, meta-game puzzles, like damage formula, data encoding etc.

It is extracted, in the sense that the game has all the text stored in it, and he found it and subsequently just dumped the whole thing into a file.

This particular quote is from the English translation. I would pester him for to look for the equivalent Japanese, but I don't think it's feasable.

The only way to find out is to play the game and find out at which point this is said. I suspect it is the Sevii Islands Rocket quest.

As in, Meowth is the best one at actually hacking into the game data to expose all the information contained on the cartridge, including (but not limited to) hidden dialogues.

Like the "Czar Dragon" from Mario RPG that showed up in the credits but not in the game? There was data for it, but the dragon itself didn't appear...

So could this be from one of those 'bonus' scenes?

It's not impossible.

As for Misty being a red-hair kid, bah! If that's that they're just copying my fics :-D

I donno...out of all the redheads in the games, I'd say she's one of the least likely canidates. If it's *ANYONE*, I would say Silver, but even that's unlikely. And this whole thing will probably be ignored on the show anyway.

Oh yes, and another huge difference between the games, the show, and Special...

In the games and Special, Giovanni was defeated and went off somewhere
(in current running Special, he's just come back, but in the games he never does)
, and someone else runs the Team in his absence. In game, it's a nameless Executive (called Grey in the Golden Boys manga), who wusses out rather quickly. In Special, it was Mask of Ice
later revealed to be Pryce
. And on the show, Giovanni was never defeated at all (well...y'know, besides MR)

And that's a pretty major development, ya know?

That's Gideon from the Rocket's Warehouse on Island...5 was it? His text goes into the Fame Seeker for easy reference. The Japanese is "かぞくや ともだちは?
…いや サカキの こどもは かみのけが あかい らしいから おまえ とは ちがうか", or crudely translated, "Are you a friend or family? ...no, Giovanni's kid has red hair, and you appear to differ."
NOA's translated text, as already stated, is "You... You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you? No, that can't be right. GIOVANNI's kid has red hair."

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom