• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocket: You.. You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you?

Of course it's set in the game. When he's not running his Gym, Norman Birch high-tails it to Littleroot town, puts on a fat suit and fake beard, and gives out starter Pokemon to new trainers.

Theres one thing thats always bugged me. Blaine, In the anime, he looks completly diffrent.

Trainer-c said:
Theres one thing thats always bugged me. Blaine, In the anime, he looks completly diffrent.
Well it really depends on what you mean by different. In the beginning series he was balding with white hair on the sides and wore glasses. They never showed his eyes so fans could never guess at his eye colour.

This was how he was portrayed from R/B/Y/G/S/C as well though I don't know about LG/FR.

Blaine in the games has a totally bald head, and a mustache. He also wears a lab coat. While the Blaine in the anime has no mustache, no lab coat, and hair around the side of his head, and he runs an inn. (While in all other media, Blaine is said to be a scientist.)

OK, I played through the Warehouse, beat the guy who supposedly said this, and he didn't say it. He didn't even mention Giovanni!

...however, someone connected my having the Earth Badge with the fall of the Team. Explain to me how that's a connection. He's a GYM LEADER--I know I'm not the only person to have beaten him, my rival did too! Besides, the game should log that I didn't talk to Giovanni after beating him, thereby he never gave the infamous 'wuss' speech where he announces that because I beat him in the GYM, he's breaking up the TEAM. (which never made sense at all--I'd already beaten him twice as Team leader, so then I beat him in an unrelated venue and he suffers an attack of wussitude? I always wanted his anime counterpart to show up and beat the crap out of him for that) But I digress.

I also never ran into "Charine" in Koga's gym. All the trainers in there were male, too, so it's not like it could have been someone else.

My question--where did these things go?

According to GameFaqs:

Entry #6
Location: Talk to a Team Rocket Scientist in the Rocket Warehouse on
Five Island.
Subject: Family and friends?
Entry: "You... you're not GIOVANNI's kid are you? No, that can't be right.
GIOVANNI's kid had red hair."

It's part of the Fame Checker series to get Giovanni's message. So it shouldn't be that hard to get.

Some FameChecker messages don't show up in the world till after you defeat the Elite 4.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
OK, I played through the Warehouse, beat the guy who supposedly said this, and he didn't say it. He didn't even mention Giovanni!

...however, someone connected my having the Earth Badge with the fall of the Team. Explain to me how that's a connection. He's a GYM LEADER--I know I'm not the only person to have beaten him, my rival did too! Besides, the game should log that I didn't talk to Giovanni after beating him, thereby he never gave the infamous 'wuss' speech where he announces that because I beat him in the GYM, he's breaking up the TEAM. (which never made sense at all--I'd already beaten him twice as Team leader, so then I beat him in an unrelated venue and he suffers an attack of wussitude? I always wanted his anime counterpart to show up and beat the crap out of him for that) But I digress.

I also never ran into "Charine" in Koga's gym. All the trainers in there were male, too, so it's not like it could have been someone else.

My question--where did these things go?

A nice thought, that. Pimp Anime Gio appearing in his Pimp Suit and kicking the crap out of Game Gio with his Non-Pimp Suitness. Well, that, and bragging that while he (Anime Gio) is doing every damn member of Team Rocket (Especially the hotter members, such as Domino. And you just *know* Mondo aswell. It's not very hard to imagine Anime Gio taking pleasure in thinking about breaking in the 'messenger boy'.) in the Anime World, while poor Game Gio has nothing.

Well, I guess you *have* to pay a price for being a wuss.

You can't blame Game Gio for running into a truly competent trainer who opposed him. If anything, anime Gio is damn lucky that almost everyone in the Pokemon world is a weak, naive, idiot compared to the main characters in the Game world.

I get the feeling, however, that Anime Gio has lost in the Gym before. You know, before he got the Superbeast and decided to Godmode in there. And, y'know, after it got out, too.

Actually, don't we see that Otoshi has the Earth Badge? So we know at *least* one person has beaten him...

That's what I did, and it *is* after the Elite 4. He didn't say anything about the Boss.

Considering you *can't* get to that point until after the Elite Four, maybe you have to do it after you beat them a second time?

Yes, I am too lazy to log out of my masquerade name. Anyone who knows my secret identity, SHH!! and just refer to me as Amy. ;)

I'm not sure if anything else has to be done to trigger the talk about the kid, but I know you have to leave the warehouse and come back after you beat the scientist. Did you try it a second time, Blackjack?

I know, because I've got everyone's fame checker things (except one missing for Bruno), and I haven't beaten the 1337 4 :):shot::) more than once.

I recall enjoying Gio's message for some reason. Wish I could remember why.

Vanished...?

Okay, so this was AFTER you beat the guy running the place, right? He's the only one I can think of who vanishes.

Let's see...I went into the back room...foght him, got the Sapphire plate...left, gave the plate to that fan of Bill's doing all the network stuff...came back, talked to the scientist...and I think he was still there after we talked. I could be wrong, but I really remember him only saying the Giovanni's kid message.

Wish I could find my GBA so I could check for you. Argh. It's driving me nuts.

I dunno, Blackjack. I'd go back and check anyway.

Hmm. Maybe if I go back, he'll be there again. But he vanished after I fought him, that's for sure.

And that still doesn't explain why I didn't run into Janine back in Fushia.

Relevent text from that area in the game:
What, you again? You… You’re not GIOVANNI’s kid, are you? No, that can’t be right! GIOVANNI’s kid has red hair. You don’t have any reasons for bugging me. Leave me alone!

OK, I finally got the line. I swear he vanished when I beat him, so I assumed he wouldn't be there if I went back, but there he was.

So then! Where do I run into Janine?

Charine is not in the Gym, Shes hiding behind one of the pokemon displays in front of the safari zone. And as for that Scientist, You might have to leave the wearhouse and and re-enter it. he'll be sitting at the desk in the room behind where you fought him. and I totally agree about game Giovanni's wussitude, I had hoped they would have changed the whole, "Team Rocket is finished for good" Thing for FR/LG, but alas. Theres always Daimond and Pearl...

The funny thing is that Giovanni only gives that speech if you talk to him after getting the Earth Badge, which I didn't. You'd think the game would log that. Because as far as my character knows, he's still standing there in the Gym.

Trainer-c said:
Charine is not in the Gym, Shes hiding behind one of the pokemon displays in front of the safari zone. And as for that Scientist, You might have to leave the wearhouse and and re-enter it. he'll be sitting at the desk in the room behind where you fought him. and I totally agree about game Giovanni's wussitude, I had hoped they would have changed the whole, "Team Rocket is finished for good" Thing for FR/LG, but alas. Theres always Daimond and Pearl...

...Seeing as how Team Rocket return for G/S/C, which is set after FR/LG, Team Rocket wasn't exactly gone for good. 'Course, when they *did* 'return' one of their 'evil schemes' involved chopping tails of Slowpoke for cash. XD

...Which brings up an interesting question. Where is Gio now? In the Game World, I mean. One could suggest Johto, since Johto appears to be the only place where the Rocket Broadcast could have been heard. Of course, that is if they had *any* idea where the hell he has gone. I doubt Houen, but maybe there's a chance he could return for Diamond/Pearl. I mean, if BILL can appear in more than one generation of games, then why not Gio? And Will and Karen, for that matter. :p

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom