• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping Club...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I haven't posted in a while and there's nothing keeping me busy XD I'm so laazzyy

ANYHOW I agree with the bottle cap/rose and the ribbon/a kiss :p It's hard to say which are better...they could just give multiple gifts haha

movie8_musaflirt.jpg

It's so cute when she's posing and smiling for Kojiro! (Also, her hair is really weird in that shot... xD The rockets look weird in the AG movies, but they're really cute in DP movies.)

Agreed! Musashi's hair creeped me out in that scene, but I adored Kojiro's xD The animation was so...floowwwyyyy

Love your avatar KojiMusa!! ;D

Eeheehee, thanks! <3

This cold just will not fully go away. I was up half the night barely able to breathe again. >_< But I am going to get to everything eventually! Here's a pic in the meantime.
D:

I hate when that happens...it's the worst! I hope you make a full recovery soon RG. <3

movie8_musaflirt.jpg

Musashi is being such a flirt here.

She is, she is. <33

It's so cute when she's posing and smiling for Kojiro!

This. :)

(Also, her hair is really weird in that shot... xD The rockets look weird in the AG movies, but they're really cute in DP movies.)

I hate them both. :X I miss the older movie animation where they were more 'on-model'...
Agreed! Musashi's hair creeped me out in that scene,

...Maybe it's because Natsume was on the animation team? :p *is shot*

movie8_musaflirt.jpg

Oh yes, yes she is <3. I love it when she flirts with him, it is just so squee-worthy!

I'm trying to remember a time when Kojiro flirted with her *racks brains* I can't remember right now...too tired...

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow's episode, should be exciting! :)

This cold just will not fully go away. I was up half the night barely able to breathe again. >_< But I am going to get to everything eventually! Here's a pic in the meantime.

movie8_musaflirt.jpg

I love this! She is definitely being a huge flirt here...and I hope you feel better Musashi! Colds are the worst =X

Oh yes, yes she is <3. I love it when she flirts with him, it is just so squee-worthy!

I'm trying to remember a time when Kojiro flirted with her *racks brains* I can't remember right now...too tired...

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow's episode, should be exciting! :)

Hah, indeed,very squee-worthy :D *watches that part of the movie repeatedly* (Yes I actually did ;/)

Also cannot wait for tomorrow's episode ^-^, (more flirting like that please writers? :O)

Yay made an AMV :D http://vimeo.com/9991870

Youtube deleted it :)bash:), so I uploaded it onto Vimeo and it uploaded 3 hours later. :banghead::banana:

Nothing interesting at all happened in the Contest. Ayako complimented Musashi, but it was just generic stuff. :/ It was cool how fired up Musashi was, and Kojiro was all excited, but that's really it.

But I'm sure the 5th ribbon will be more exciting. We knew this was probably going to be a throwaway Contest anyway.

I found it lame how boring an expression Kojiro had when Musashi won her ribbon. If it would have been with Muskippa he would have probably cried tears of joy... >_> Speaking of, I wonder if Musashi uses Muskippa for the 5th ribbon, or is it Megayanma again.

I found it lame how boring an expression Kojiro had when Musashi won her ribbon.

Why? It's just her 4th. Nothing very exciting about it.

If it would have been with Muskippa he would have probably cried tears of joy... >_>

I doubt it. He didn't do that before.

Speaking of, I wonder if Musashi uses Muskippa for the 5th ribbon, or is it Megayanma again.

Manene. The other two already won ribbons.

It pisses me off how Habunake wasn't the 5th ribbon. But I guess we need to give the Shinou Pokemon more focus. *rolls eyes* Or maybe it was done this way so we can get some shippyness.

Well... That wasn't so interesting. Mostly just the boring school stuff. Someone should check how much screen time Musashi got. Certainly not much, even less than with her second ribbon. But what Hikari said near the end and Ayako's expression during Musashi's appeal were interesting imo.

It pisses me off how Habunake wasn't the 5th ribbon.

QFT, it should definitely be Habu. But well, we don't know what happens! I still hope it's Habunake or Megayanma.

Welcome back guys :3 I missed you too! *gives bear hugs* Pff, without you my health got messed up completely :/

I don't have time to reply to everything I missed (well, tbh, it wasn't that much of it :p), but I've read everything so I'm just gonna say QFT
to everything XD

Nothing interesting at all happened in the Contest. Ayako complimented Musashi, but it was just generic stuff. :/ It was cool how fired up Musashi was, and Kojiro was all excited, but that's really it.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but from the pics on Filb.de I see it was... short time >.> I liked the scene when Musashi was fired up and Kojiro was excited, but that's pretty much all.

Maybe other writers just aren't allowed to give big notice to the contests even if they write an episode with contest, or something...

But I'm sure the 5th ribbon will be more exciting.
Yeah, it will better be. If her 5th ribbon wouldn't be the perfet opportunity for Musashi-focused episode, then I don't have any idea what other opportunity could be better.

We knew this was probably going to be a throwaway Contest anyway.
Yeah, especially if it was Masashi Sogo writing it.

Manene. The other two already won ribbons.
Manene for 5th ribbon sounds both good and bad, but I was talking about it before arleady. Maybe let's better think worse, because every time I think: "Nah, it won't happen. Pokemon isn't THAT kind of show", it just happens xD;

Or maybe it was done this way so we can get some shippyness.
I hope it's gonna be "I'm proud of you, Musashi!" not "I love you Manene!" =.=;

Takegami feels like the only choice to do it right really, since it looks like he praises humanxhuman relationships more that humanxpokemon ones.

On the other note, after seeing handhold scene from the latest motto, I;ve been thinking again about how unusual Musashi and Kojiro's relationship is. As most of you know, touch is a really great deal in Japanese culture. Even stupid handshake can be regarded like that, since it's not what you normally do between the Japaneses.

Maybe you've arleady noticed it, but Kojiro is often portrayed as a real pervert in Japanese doujinshi (not only hentai ones!) and Musashi's either shy type or violent "What are you doing, prevert!" type. You can see more OOC portrayals but this is one that stands out the most. Sure,Kojiro can act perverted sometimes, but it's not what distinguishes his character. He's just normal, healthy guy, not a pervert. So why Japanese fans portray them OOC, you may ask? We know how hard it is for us to make Musashi and Kojiro IC. Well, it's even more hard for Japanese.

I've never met any other characters in manga or anime that were so natural about touching each other. And in what kind of anime you see the most of touching scenes? In ecchi anime, what else. So of course, that when Japanese see a male character touching female character a lot (and vice versa, but that's not the deal now), they feel it's wrong. In ecchi anime, ususally when a guy accidentaly (or not) touches a girl, he's the most probbaly going to be beaten up by her. So of course when they see Kojiro touching Musashi a lot and Musashi often being violent, they're gonna link it to ecchi standards. They just use the model they arleady now. Natural about touching? How can you be, it's not possible!

I'm still wondering how it's possible that such characters could be created by native Japaneses. Takeshi Shudo really did a great job when he tried to make his characters "stand out". Musashi and Kojiro act natural around each other and for them, touching each other is just easy like that, no matter if it's a handhold or something even more "serious". They've never made a great deal out of it. Of course when he said that, he ddin't mention the touching, but who know what he could have had on his mind :p

I know that Pokemon may be a little American-ized for an anime, but still, not to such extent to make such revolutions.

Tbh, Rocketshipping in its true form doesn't appeal to Japanese very much. As much as we love Rocketshipping's subtlety, it's just too "aggresive" for them. It's something original, but most of them really like something they arleady know more.

Maybe that's why Rocketshipping lessened the ammount of touch during time. But, it not only didn't draw more fans, in fact, DP Rocketshipping isn't doing very well among Japanese fans for some reason. It may seem like a paradox, but I think I understand it. "New" Rocketshipping didn't appeal to most of ecchi fans. Not only they don't touch each other as much as they used to, not only Musashi stopped to be violent as much as she used to, their character designs don't look so "mature" anymore. So they simply left. Instead, we got more "in-depth" Rocketshipping to make up for lack of physical stuff, but again, it's not very appealing for Japanese fans. They ship for fun, that's just it and they're not disussing episodes they way we do. No speculations, no deep theories. Every time I read Japanese blog, it's just repeating the same stuff all over again, fangirl squeals and that's it. If you thought that Japanese have serious approach towards manga and anime then you were wrong. They've always treated it as fun. The only people in Japane who treat m&a seriously are otaku's and they're like outsiders of society. It's one of the worst things to be called "otaku" in Japan. And if you're looking to deep into series, you're just an otaku, since you have more important things to do, than looking deep into 600+ episode kodomo anime.

I wonder if Rocketshipping's popularity affects the chances of becoming canon, but I don't think that the producers/writers care so much about it. Hopefully.

Yay made an AMV :D http://vimeo.com/9991870

Youtube deleted it :)bash:), so I uploaded it onto Vimeo and it uploaded 3 hours later. :banghead::banana:

Cute video! I love it :)

But I'm sure the 5th ribbon will be more exciting. We knew this was probably going to be a throwaway Contest anyway.

I watched the scenes with Musashi, and I must admit, I expected something more. But that's okay, you're right, it was only her 4th ribbon. Didn't we original think that it might have happened off-screen anyway?

Welcome back guys :3 I missed you too! *gives bear hugs* Pff, without you my health got messed up completely :/

Jeska! <3 glad you're back!

Aww, I hope you feel better now!

And you're right, going a day without reading this thread is like a day without sunshine :-(

Tbh, Rocketshipping in its true form doesn't appeal to Japanese very much. As much as we love Rocketshipping's subtlety, it's just too "aggresive" for them. It's something original, but most of them really like something they arleady know more.

I'm sorry, you kind of lost me at this point. How is it too aggressive for them? Is it because they're are a lot of hints, and they would rather ship for fun, and not base shippings on actual hints?

Maybe that's why Rocketshipping lessened the ammount of touch during time. But, it not only didn't draw more fans, in fact, DP Rocketshipping isn't doing very well among Japanese fans for some reason. It may seem like a paradox, but I think I understand it. "New" Rocketshipping didn't appeal to most of ecchi fans. Not only they don't touch each other as much as they used to, not only Musashi stopped to be violent as much as she used to, their character designs don't look so "mature" anymore. So they simply left. Instead, we got more "in-depth" Rocketshipping to make up for lack of physical stuff, but again, it's not very appealing for Japanese fans. They ship for fun, that's just it and they're not disussing episodes they way we do. No speculations, no deep theories.
I wonder if Rocketshipping's popularity affects the chances of becoming canon, but I don't think that the producers/writers care so much about it. Hopefully.

I guess it sort of is a paradox then. Wow that is kinda confusing! I guess Japanese think differently about it than Western cultures. Good job trying to analyze all that.

lol, Rocketshipping takes a lot of energy and time, doesn't it?

Aww, I hope you feel better now!
Well, I don't, I have to go see a doctor... I'm sick and I still have to go to school, omg >.>;

I'm sorry, you kind of lost me at this point. How is it too aggressive for them?
That's different culture, right?

Is it because they're are a lot of hints, and they would rather ship for fun, and not base shippings on actual hints?
You've just replied your own question. It's not the ammount of hints that draws them to shipping, but potential. That's why crackshippings are so popular in Japan. But many people outside of Japan don't follow by ammount of hints as well. If they did, Rocketshipping would be the most popular Pokemon shipping. It's one of the most popular shippings, yes, but still, not the most popular.

I guess it sort of is a paradox then. Wow that is kinda confusing! I guess Japanese think differently about it than Western cultures. Good job trying to analyze all that.
Yeah, it seems pretty confusing, but only from our point of view. They just don't seem to have any reasonable reasons about liking something. I believe there was a poll on certain Japanese fansite where they asked "What do you like Rocketshipping for?" I don't remember answers very much, but they were rather shallow. Like because "Musashi and Kojiro are cool". It's true that mostly Japanese tend to ship characters just because they think they're both cool and would have some great interaction. Kokoshippers ship Kojiro and Kosaburo just because they're yaoi lovers and they think they're both hot. Kokoshipping is more popular in Japan, right now it seems as popular as Rocketshipping here... Japanese don't need hints to ship two characters, that's all.

I guess I will never understand why Musashi and Kojiro feel so natural about touching each other, but maybe I shouldn't look too deep into it. I enjoy it, so I shouldn't care :p

Hello, everyone! Poli here! Ah, it's good to be back :).
I don't know, I guess I'm just having one of those weeks where you hate school, especially when you got a bad grade on a pop quiz, and are annoyed at some of the people in your gym class. But, as a simple remedy, I'll just look out the window and think of our favorite couple and make up stories about them haha. Am I the only one who does this when I feel lonely? Lol, yes, I have friends, but sometimes, idk, I just feel so tired and miserable lol and then the next week I'll be floating on a cloud in happiness! I feel so embarrassed, but you guys are good people to vent to! *Hugs everyone* :-D

Anyway:

Well, I don't, I have to go see a doctor... I'm sick and I still have to go to school, omg >.>;

Oh, feel better! *Hugs* I've had, like, a half-cold (if that even makes any sense) since February (not sure if you guys remember when I was "coughing", lol, and I still have it... *Sigh*

Yeah, it seems pretty confusing, but only from our point of view. They just don't seem to have any reasonable reasons about liking something. I believe there was a poll on certain Japanese fansite where they asked "What do you like Rocketshipping for?" I don't remember answers very much, but they were rather shallow. Like because "Musashi and Kojiro are cool". It's true that mostly Japanese tend to ship characters just because they think they're both cool and would have some great interaction. Kokoshippers ship Kojiro and Kosaburo just because they're yaoi lovers and they think they're both hot. Kokoshipping is more popular in Japan, right now it seems as popular as Rocketshipping here... Japanese don't need hints to ship two characters, that's all.

I guess I will never understand why Musashi and Kojiro feel so natural about touching each other, but maybe I shouldn't look too deep into it. I enjoy it, so I shouldn't care :p

Well, I guess they should, obviously because they've known each other for so long. But like either you or someone else was saying before about how Pokemon is very American-ized, I really can't stand that. That's why I always do a little happy dance in my mind whenever I see that they forgot to cover a rice ball up (they are NOT jelly-filled doughnuts, Brock! :XD2:), or cover the Japanese letters on a building. The only thing I like are the English names, because it's sort of cool to see the difference between their Japanese counter-parts, and they are (in my case) easier to remember. I'm sorry, but who's Kosaburo again? Heh heh...

So, any new fanworks? :-D Haha, sorry, my infamous impatience got to me again. :eek:hdear:

Didn't we original think that it might have happened off-screen anyway?

This episode is what I meant by off-screen.

Love the analysis Jeska. I agree with every word.

So... seems our next shipping chance is Junki next week with the Ranger episode. Hope he gives us something cute.

I love your avatar RG. It's so skillfully cropped <3
So... seems our next shipping chance is Junki next week with the Ranger episode. Hope he gives us something cute.
Hmm. I think Junki should just stay on writing contest and rocket stuff. I wish he would have had written the Shaymin episode...

I love your avatar RG. It's so skillfully cropped <3

You're as bad as Musashi. :p

Hmm. I think Junki should just stay on writing contest and rocket stuff.

Well, Tomioka is on "vacation" (that's why Sogo wrote today's episode) so I'm guessing everyone had to pitch in. Why Junki got this episode is beyond me. Is it because he's been around forever? Did the writers pick episodes out of a hat? (Sometimes I swear they do that.)

I'm wondering where Aya Matsui has been. She's never written much, but she's been gone for awhile now...

Well, Tomioka is on "vacation" (that's why Sogo wrote today's episode) so I'm guessing everyone had to pitch in.
Ah, so that's why... I hope he returns fast!

Why Junki got this episode is beyond me. Is it because he's been around forever? Did the writers pick episodes out of a hat? (Sometimes I swear they do that.)
Especially recently :/ DP153 was a real scandal... I'm not saying it was bad episode of course, I loved it in fact, but where's mah Rocketshipping? XD Yes, Shimura-san, I remember about you *bows*

Does it mean that Takegami isn't going to get Rocket episodes anymore? T___T Since DP117, he gets nothing but random episodes D:

And now I'm kinda angry with Sogo for blowing the chance of nice Musashi/Ayako interaction... but hey, maybe it's just we were misintepreting everything. After all, it looks like Team Rocket is staying for at least one more gen.

Does it mean that Takegami isn't going to get Rocket episodes anymore? T___T Since DP117, he gets nothing but random episodes D:

But, that's always how its been... he still gives the Rockets too much focus in regular episodes (see next week). I don't see what the concern is.

Awww I'm sorry, Well, I always try to use the excuse to get out of going to school that I'm contagious, therefore I should stay away from everybody... However I understand why you still have to go or you'll be totally behind.

You've just replied your own question. It's not the ammount of hints that draws them to shipping, but potential. That's why crackshippings are so popular in Japan. But many people outside of Japan don't follow by ammount of hints as well. If they did, Rocketshipping would be the most popular Pokemon shipping. It's one of the most popular shippings, yes, but still, not the most popular.

Oh ok, I understand now, thank you for clearing that up for me :)

Shipping is just so fascinating lol....

Hello, everyone! Poli here! Ah, it's good to be back :).
I don't know, I guess I'm just having one of those weeks where you hate school, especially when you got a bad grade on a pop quiz, and are annoyed at some of the people in your gym class. But, as a simple remedy, I'll just look out the window and think of our favorite couple and make up stories about them haha. Am I the only one who does this when I feel lonely? Lol, yes, I have friends, but sometimes, idk, I just feel so tired and miserable lol and then the next week I'll be floating on a cloud in happiness! I feel so embarrassed, but you guys are good people to vent to! *Hugs everyone* :-D

Hi Poli! awww, I hope things get better for you *hugs*

I like are the English names, because it's sort of cool to see the difference between their Japanese counter-parts, and they are (in my case) easier to remember. I'm sorry, but who's Kosaburo again? Heh heh...

Kosaburo is Butch. I don't mind telling you but remember you can always look up the names on bulbapedia!

I must point out something funny in the latest update to my site:

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/writers.htm

Yonemura is now in the lead as far as most Rocketshippy episodes written. I know in this case it's different, as most of those are clearly added by the animator, but it's hilarious nonetheless.

I thought of a topic that'll get people thinking.

What's your favorite Rocketshippy episode that's NOT written by Junki Takegami

I must point out something funny in the latest update to my site:

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/writers.htm

Yonemura is now in the lead as far as most Rocketshippy episodes written.
Rocketshippy episodes are too big words for that, you know^^; I agree abut Good 'Quil Hunting, but the rest are just more or less shippy scenes, not episodes.

We all know that it's Takegami who's the main Rocketshippy episodes' writer ;)

I know in this case it's different, as most of those are clearly added by the animator, but it's hilarious nonetheless.
Yeah, that's why I wouldn't give him a credit about these... :p

I thought of a topic that'll get people thinking.

What's your favorite Rocketshippy episode that's NOT written by Junki Takegami
Interesting topic. Can I choose more than one? Ok, let's say I can xD

In chronological order Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Good 'Quil Hunting and DP146.
So that makes Shudo, Yonemura and Tomioka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom