• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping Club...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's why I wouldn't give him a credit about these... :p

That's why he's listed under other writers. :p If I attempted to separate which ones were animator hints and which ones were writer hints, I'd be pulling all my hair out.

I honestly can't decide which non Takegami episode is my favorite. There's so many episodes of this show that I have a hard time picking favorites period.

I was watching some episode and found a funny error:
fail.jpg

The R is on Musashi's back. If her head angle didn't look so twisted, it would look like they're having weird sex. xD

What's your favorite Rocketshippy episode that's NOT written by Junki Takegami?
DP143 by Sogo, though I only like the hug part of it...
DP146 *shot* by Tomioka
DP153 by Yonemura
Whoever wrote DP159 (Fujita?). It's a good episode and Musashi & Kojiro were so cute in it! Not so shippy, but cute...

What's your favorite Rocketshippy episode that's NOT written by Junki Takegami

In chronological order Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Good 'Quil Hunting and DP146.
So that makes Shudo, Yonemura and Tomioka.

Great topic! I agree with Jeska choices, and my favorite is probably Ghost of Maiden's Peak too. That episode is just too much fun :)

I found it lame how boring an expression Kojiro had when Musashi won her ribbon.

Speaking of, is it just me or did Kojiro look really bad in this episode? I may have just watched a crappy-quality version...

Welcome back guys :3 I missed you too! *gives bear hugs* Pff, without you my health got messed up completely :/

Hiyaz! <3 Good to have you back! And I love your analogy, it definitely makes sense.

-stumped- Huh. Wow, it's a question like this that makes me realize just how awesome Takegami is. Ffff I got nuttin', I'll go with the Island of the Giant Pokemon [or whatever it was called...right after Pokemon Shipwreck XD] just 'cause there were plenty of cute pictures [or maybe I just like the facetouching], Nyasu wasn't around, and it cracks me up :D And then I also say Ghost of Maiden's Peak and DP146 haha

fail.jpg

The R is on Musashi's back. If her head angle didn't look so twisted, it would look like they're having weird sex. xD

I think it's more her shoulder than her head that's a problem, but I still say "LOL" <3 that's a beautiful cap haha.

Since this has been brought up in the anime section, I think I should bring it up here as well.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=55499

Now, I know there are a lot of hugs and stuff we've been crediting to the animators when, like Quagbert pointed out, we should really be crediting to the storyboarders. But there's such a clear correlation with animators, and the fandom talks about the animators so much that I haven't bothered mentioning it before. I also don't know just how detailed Pokemon storyboards are. Take 153 for instance. That handhold happened so fast that it was a blink or you miss it thing. I gotta think in this particular example that Shimura had something to do with it. And if that's the case, then that just enforces how shippy Shimura's episodes are.

I've been planning to add this to my site for awhile, and maybe now would be a good time to do it. I already did a quick look and there doesn't seem to be a clear shippy storyborder. But I'll post more a bit later once I go through a bunch of episodes. Hopefully things will be a bit more clear then.

Edit: So I've gone through Shimura and all the DP episodes I have up. There's still no clear shipper like Shimura is the clear animator. They seem to be split fairly evenly.

Something you guys will find interesting is that Yoshitaka Fujimoto did a ton of Shimura's episodes back in the original series. That all came to a stop pretty much when AG started (kicks whoever took over for Shudo).

I should also probably add a Assistant Directors section, just because there's a lot of overlap with the storyborards and so I can be complete. I'm also gonna add who wrote/animated/storyboard/directed to each episode page to make it easier to find all this information.

Who would have thought figuring out who likes to add Rocketshipping into episodes would be so complicated? This just reinforces how Rocketshipping must be in the series Bible of the show. There's just too many people involved.

Last edited:
Looking at that thread... So Hidaka gave us the glomp in DP146, and it was him instead of Kinoshita who made the handhold in DP166? *confused* Unless he just drew their hands close enough and Kinoshita finished the shippy job. :p

What shippy scenes in non-Rocket episodes has Shimura drawn, btw?

fail.jpg

That's a funny error, indeed xD This scene looks so wroooong!

Her head angle is twisted, considering it's her back we see (we should be able to see only profil of her face at this angle). Her head angle looks much more natural if it was her front, so I can see why someone did such mistake. I'd rather care about her shoulder and flat chest.

DP146 *shot* by Tomioka
Why did you shot yourself? :p

DP153 by Yonemura
Oh, so DP153 was Rocketshippy? O.O It had a nice handhold and Musashi helping Kojiro by disguising herself as Rumika, but tbh, I've never considered this episode in terms of shippy episode. Maybe because I compare it with Holy Matrimony, lol xD

-stumped- Huh. Wow, it's a question like this that makes me realize just how awesome Takegami is.
Exactly! xD The first thought I had when I saw the question was "Wait, so there are such episodes?" xD But I could name a few somehow.

Takegami-sama is so awesome :unworthy:

Since this has been brought up in the anime section, I think I should bring it up here as well.

Now, I know there are a lot of hugs and stuff we've been crediting to the animators when, like Quagbert pointed out, we should really be crediting to the storyboarders. But there's such a clear correlation with animators, and the fandom talks about the animators so much that I haven't bothered mentioning it before. I also don't know just how detailed Pokemon storyboards are. Take 153 for instance. That handhold happened so fast that it was a blink or you miss it thing. I gotta think in this particular example that Shimura had something to do with it. And if that's the case, then that just enforces how shippy Shimura's episodes are.

I've been planning to add this to my site for awhile, and maybe now would be a good time to do it. I already did a quick look and there doesn't seem to be a clear shippy storyborder. But I'll post more a bit later once I go through a bunch of episodes. Hopefully things will be a bit more clear then.

Edit: So I've gone through Shimura and all the DP episodes I have up. There's still no clear shipper like Shimura is the clear animator. They seem to be split fairly evenly.

Something you guys will find interesting is that Yoshitaka Fujimoto did a ton of Shimura's episodes back in the original series. That all came to a stop pretty much when AG started (kicks whoever took over for Shudo).

I should also probably add a Assistant Directors section, just because there's a lot of overlap with the storyborards and so I can be complete. I'm also gonna add who wrote/animated/storyboard/directed to each episode page to make it easier to find all this information.

Who would have thought figuring out who likes to add Rocketshipping into episodes would be so complicated? This just reinforces how Rocketshipping must be in the series Bible of the show. There's just too many people involved.
Bible of the show, I like this name XD

Now things will get even more complicated xD;

Looking at that thread... So Hidaka gave us the glomp in DP146, and it was him instead of Kinoshita who made the handhold in DP166? *confused* Unless he just drew their hands close enough and Kinoshita finished the shippy job. :p
I'd say yes about DP166, but I doubt about DP146, it looks clearly added by the writer, that is Tomioka.

But yeah, I can only guess :p

Oh, so DP153 was Rocketshippy? O.O It had a nice handhold and Musashi helping Kojiro by disguising herself as Rumika, but tbh, I've never considered this episode in terms of shippy episode. Maybe because I compare it with Holy Matrimony, lol xD
Now that you mentioned it, I was only thinking about the handhold when I wrote that... xDD;

Tomioka might have written Musashi glomp someone in DP146, but the proof that she only hugged Kojiro was so detailed that it must have been Iwane or Hidaka's doing.

Bible of the show, I like this name XD

Well that's the official term.

Tomioka might have written Musashi glomp someone in DP146,

If he specified then it was either Hidaka, Yamamoto (there were two people doing the storyboards) or Iwane that missed it. But I think the most likely scenario is that a hug wasn't written at all. It just doesn't make sense for Musashi to say "you guys" and hug only Kojiro. Nor does it make sense for a storyboarder not to follow the script.

Which just makes me wish even more that WPM has gotten to my question about Rocketshipping when he interviewed Hidaka...

Edit: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=1442065&postcount=4

Ok, that kinda answers just how detailed these things are...

I have a sense I need to completely rewrite most of my site. -_-

Last edited:
Which just makes me wish even more that WPM has gotten to my question about Rocketshipping when he interviewed Hidaka...
I was a bit disappointed by that interview, everyone knows the GS ball won't be mentioned ever again and the writers just threw it away. That question could've been replaced with a question about relationships between the characters. But most Pokémon anime fans don't seem to care about shipping (especially the big names who get to interview people), so it wasn't regarded as an important question... ;_;

Um, I think that was a really good question and I'm glad he asked. It's shipping that's the unimportant part.

Welcome back guys :3 I missed you too! *gives bear hugs* Pff, without you my health got messed up completely :/

JESKA! <3 *glomps*

I know it wasn't that long, but I did miss you ever so much!

Ooooooo, good topic! XD

Ghost of Maiden's Peak, Good 'Quil Hunting and DP146.
So that makes Shudo, Yonemura and Tomioka.

This is pretty much the same as me. :3 Just add in a few like the first break-up episode,

The electric gym in Houenn, and others that I can't exactly remember! XD Pretty much just Yonemura, before he did drugs :p , Aya Matsui, Shinzō Fujita, and Tomioka.

<3

fail.jpg

Ohmigosh, it does. XD Animation fail= win from my point-of-view! ;)

WOOOOW,

The storyboard info just made things a whole lot more confusing [for me] :p

EDIT:

My AMV! <3 http://www.vimeo.com/10137502

Tell me what you guys think. :3

Last edited:
Well that's the official term.
Oh I didn't know. That's educational ;D

I was a bit disappointed by that interview, everyone knows the GS ball won't be mentioned ever again and the writers just threw it away. That question could've been replaced with a question about relationships between the characters. But most Pokémon anime fans don't seem to care about shipping (especially the big names who get to interview people), so it wasn't regarded as an important question... ;_;

Seriously? It's better not to ask about such things. I remember how I was nervous if Shudo didn't mention Rocketshipping in his blog (that reminds me, I haven't checked on it since January...) Because really, what answer we could expect on such question?

Hidaka: "Yeah, they're in love and they're gonna get married in the end, why do you ask?" *puzzled look*
or
Hidaka: Them?! They're just partners in crime, why are you giving it second thoughts?! Blah, blah, blah fahe scene blah blah blah.

Ok, seriously, the most possible answer he'd give wouldn't be, you know... straight-forward. I bet it would be so confusing that it would end with some drama. Shudo was pretty straight-forward about Pokeshipping, but that's only because Kasumi is no longer in show (though still, it was pretty shocking to me that he had the guts to talk about such things)

Look guys, Rocketshipping is serious business, but still, it's fun. We should just sit still and wait, having fun just speculating. I believe they're going to have a good ending and I'm curious how all of it will turn out. I don't need any spoilers like that.

Edit: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=1442065&postcount=4

Ok, that kinda answers just how detailed these things are...

I have a sense I need to completely rewrite most of my site. -_-
Oh, I forgot about these... That changes the point of view, I guess :/ But still, why Shimura gets the most shippy scenes as an animator?

JESKA! <3 *glomps*

I know it wasn't that long, but I did miss you ever so much!
*glomps back* <3

EDIT:

*turns the sound off* That's better :3
I love how you use nice variety of scenes (especially if they're such a nice quality)<3 That makes your AMVs stand out! :3

The storyboard info just made things a whole lot more confusing [for me] :p

Yeah, It confuses me too! there's already so many people to keep track of! Without RG's site, I'd be totally lost lol

EDIT:

Squeee! I think it's adorable. You must of worked so hard on it!

I love how you use nice variety of scenes (especially if they're such a nice quality)<3 That makes your AMVs stand out! :3
I agree, except that the Holy Matrinomy scene is in your every AMV, KojiMusa xD; Have you noticed that? Anyway, it was fun.
Can you PM me the site you get the HD raws for DP episodes?^o^;

Thanks everyone! :)

I want to make an AMV from Kojiro's P.O.V. one day, so if anyone has any ideas, I'm open. :3

I agree, except that the Holy Matrinomy scene is in your every AMV, KojiMusa xD; Have you noticed that? Anyway, it was fun.

I know, I know. I really gotta stop with that one XD Even if it is awesome. <3
Surely <3 Though I only have one HD raw episode in that AMV if I belive.

EDIT:

That was really cute! And man you've got a great variety of clips [and great quality haha]. I think you may have left some of the clips' original audios on them, though. Just for one or two of them anyway.

Me too pleaseplease?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8Yf4sdNaM Here's another vid from me! It's cut off weird 'cause it's for an MEP, but I figured I share it here XD And it's such a dramatic song, I don't think it fits them but it was still fun to maakkkee <3

The electric gym in Houenn,

I don't remember this one. What happened?

Love it! :-D I'm in agreement with everyone else.

But still, why Shimura gets the most shippy scenes as an animator?

That's what I'm still trying to figure out. I hate that I can't be more helpful with this stuff. :-(

Yeah, It confuses me too! there's already so many people to keep track of! Without RG's site, I'd be totally lost lol

Thanks. :) I'm really going to try to add writer/animator information to all the episodes this week (It's Spring Break for me. I have lots of Rocketshippy things planned.) to make it even easier to keep track.

Look guys, Rocketshipping is serious business,

I'm sorry, I just wanted to note that this made me snort juice up my nose and laugh so loud I almost woke someone up. XD

Motivational poster time? "Rocketshipping: It's Serious Business. (But not really.)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom