• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping Club...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. I thought she was about the same age as I am now! o_O Well, I'm reading another one of her fics again...

"Well, just because you're watching them doesn't mean you have to stop
pedaling!" James snapped.
I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. James was snapping at me? What was up
with that?! He's the most gentle, even-tempered man in the world! Why would he
be raising his voice to me?
I found this extremely funny, especially after today's episode. :lol:

That's interesting. I thought she was about the same age as I am now! o_O Well, I'm reading another one of her fics again...
She was around 26 at that time, if I remember well.

James, how dare you to raise a voice to your woman!?
:bash:
Serves you right, you bastard!

:lol:

Omg! :lol: Cori Falls ffiction just makes me laugh. Remember her timeline and Jessie and James' great great great grandparents? The best bits were when she put stuff on the timeline like "James' great great great aunt twice removed got a horse called Blacky."

Ahhh *wipes tears of laughter* No better way to get a good laugh outta a Rocketshipper than presenting them with one of her fics.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I read a Cori falls fic yesterday for some reason. o_O Dude, shouldn't Jessie get dehydrated from crying so freaking much?! And I feel like reading more of her stuff. They're just so... fascinating in a way.

Yeah, they may have been extremely OOC and have a lot of annoying stuff, but they were well-written and were kind of addicting. It was amazing how she could set a whole plot based on a single, unimportant-looking quote from the series and connect everything into a logic whole in her fanfics.

Btw, she must have been real no-life. I mean, she was an adult woman having a job, and she still managed to write so many looong fanfics in such a short time? Wow. Just wow.

Lol I think that might have been my fault since you provided me the link to her fics in chat yesterday.

And yeah I agree, they are fascinating for some reason. Maybe because they are just totally amusing. And I agree Jeska, they are addicting too.

Hahahaha that’s funny! Well to continue quoting her fics:

This new costume wasn't nearly as bird-like as the Moltres one had been -- rather, it was designed to show off and accentuate my manhood. But as I admired my reflection in the bathroom mirror, there was no denying it -- my soul was the soul of a beautiful, majestic Articuno!. ……..

"Hey, James, are you almost ready?!" she called to me. "I want to see how it turned out!" I opened my eyes again and smiled at my reflection……

"Coming!" I replied. Jessie grinned as I opened the door and stepped into the room. "I am Articuno! Hear me roar!" I announced as I spread my wings and struck a pose. "How do I look?" Meowth's eyes widened. "Holy shit! Bulgerific don't even BEGIN ta describe dat thing!"

Jessie, meanwhile, had gone weak in the knees. "Oh, my god!" she whispered as she placed her hand over her heart and began to take rapid, fluttery breaths. I smiled. "I guess that means she likes it!"

The fic is entitled “How James Got His Mojo Back…

Omg Cori Falls! I don't want to even get started on that subject. Oh no, now I can't get her fics off my mind!
In the Moltress-fic, I remember how Jessie practically came when James broke those ropes... And all that crying in her fics, wow... And the sex scenes? Let's not go there. Oh great, now I have irresistible urge to read one of those!

*hits himself with TV-remote control*
Much better.

jessierocketka said:
James, how dare you to raise a voice to your woman!?

Well, you can't really even disagree with a woman. A discussion I had with a female friend of mine:
"Look I dyed my hair. What do you think?"
"It's ok"
"Ok? What's that supposed to mean? What do you really think?"
"To be honest, it was better before"

She didn't talk to me that day anymore.

"Ishiel used understand women..."
"It's not very effective..." :(

*ears perk* I'm sorry, are we talking about Cori Falls? My most hated fandom person in the world? Oh goody! *claps like a small child* I love reading those fics and pointing and laughing! When I have time for myself (rather than time to pick up kids from school and them go babysit some other kids and then do classwork, rinse and repeat), it's one of my favorite pastimes!

I used to like her fics. For like a month when I was 12 and new to the fandom. I blame her for breaking my mind. You don't mark a sex fic "R", man. You just don't. Especially not a sex fic that doesn't even make sense. I don't think even Musashi and Kojirou would have the energy to go one for hours...

I don't think even Musashi and Kojirou would have the energy to go one for hours...
Reading about Cori Falls taught me what "priapism" is :lol:

I've read 2 Corifics now. I started a third one, it was about the Gligar Man and the supervillain suits, but I had to quit when I had read 1/4 of the fic. The plot didn't go anywhere! And man, even the sex scenes are lame...

Oh yeah, I remembered a fic that I forgot to mention in the "top 3 fics" topic. It's called "Harmony". Kojiro goes to search for a Purin, because it's the mating season for those things, and their songs make people fall in love together at that time... Of course he was going to use it for Musashi, but things go wrong... Too bad I can't find it anywhere!

Eek, sorry for being so inactive :( *hates all over her craptop* Drabbles as penance.

But like RG arleady said, AG caused a rift between them, so maybe she thought that they're not that close together as they were at that time and that would change his attitude or something? Well, we all know Kojiro's attitude towards Musashi's contests until DP117 after all... She had a right to think that he doesn't care about her anymore. Not like she was good to him (and his Pokemon) either of course, so it's pretty understandable that she would assume that he doesn't want to sacrifice himself for her.
After getting a chance to watch DP117 again, I thought that this particular scene gave off the exact same vibe. I'm glad you mentioned the fracturing of their relationship during AG, because I hadn't taken it into consideration before now, and I really agree that this, combined with everything else you've mentioned, justifies Musashi's actions. (I'm pretty sure I've done nothing but repeat what everyone else has already said. ^^;)

To me, it looked like she just pretended to not care, because she probably just didn't know how to act to not get into awkward situation. It shows that even after DP117, it's really hard for them to be honest with each other (yeah, it takes a near-death situation for them to be honest).
I really do love that notion of Musashi and Kojiro finding it hard to open up to one another, making DP117 all that more a pivotal point in their relationship. The concept, though, provides some nice building blocks for character development (and, in turn, Rocketshipping has the potential to evolve further, too). And if the writers decide not to go anywhere with it, it makes an IC basis for a fan fic. ;-)

:awww: I swear you guys love embarrassing me...
Well, you're worth of these compliments! :-D
Hehe, too true! I absolutely adore your analyses. :crush:
I think that your region comparison could maybe be reposted/published somewhere where it can be found and referred to with ease (rather than searching through our posts), and for new and returning Rocketshippers to read.

So pretty! <333
I'll comment on dA in a mo'. ;3

There's been a lot of new people lately, so how about we bring out this old topic again?

How did you get into Rocketshipping?
Love this topic! I love the responses I've read even more; massive amounts of giggling and “aww!”ing ensued x3 I wish I was that endearing when I entered the fandom.

I would have been ... in year six? I would've been right at the target age group, too. I loved Eevee, despite only ever seeing it in the TCG, and I used that as an excuse to draw Pokemon comics, take turns at training his Charizard and watch a taped episode of "The Battling Eevee Brothers" with the boy I liked at the time. I instantly adored Jessie. I thought James was pretty freaking awesome, but I honestly felt that Jessie was tailored to my own specific needs and likes in a character. And that they were secretly married. They just look right together; there isn’t the ambiguity as to who either will end up with (and they’re both insanely good looking).

On molasses-slow dial-up, while I discovered that they weren’t together, I found that other people liked the idea of the two as a couple. Any suspicion that there are/could/will be any romantic feelings turned into a quiet obsession when I discovered other Rocketshippers’ fan art and fan fiction. I wrote a stupid amount of truly dreadful stories and drew equal amounts of equally bad pictures (btw: yours from a few pages back is so cute, Meron!) that I either lost or am too ashamed of to link to.

Things happened, though, and I couldn’t keep up with the fandom, but came back a couple of times to squeeze out two and a half stories, and that's when "Jessie" became "Musashi" and "James" turned into "Kojiro" and so on, depending on the context. Just before exam week last year, I stumbled upon this forum and was thrilled that the ship had become so much stronger than it ever was before.

Chelys, I think I found the fic you asked about: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1898105/1/Calowaru
I don't know if this is it....
Oooh, yep! I think it's her. :D I didn’t always understand/agree with/relate to the themes of her stories, but I love her to pieces and greatly admire her writing talent.

It was amazing how she could set a whole plot based on a single, unimportant-looking quote from the series and connect everything into a logic whole in her fanfics.
That'd be what drew me in. The concept was very clever and well thought out. Her writing alone, when taken out of a Rocketshipping context, was great; I mean, she could spell and use correct grammar, punctuation etc. ("All Out of Maple Syrup" made me cry when I first read it at twelve years old and didn't know a thing about heartbreak, but shh), but it was her characterisations that I felt alienated readers, because the people she was writing about weren't Musashi and Kojiro.

I remember one, though, that wasn't quite so ... 'eh'. Frustrated for some reason, Satoshi makes a wish that Musashi and Kojiro had never met and it changes everyone's circumstances significantly when it is put into effect overnight, but they seek out each other eventually. Has anyone else read that one, too? I think the title was To Sleep Perchance to Dream.

Speaking of fan fiction, does anyone remember The Nightingale Sings at Midnight? I LOVED this.

This new costume wasn't nearly as bird-like as the Moltres one had been -- rather, it was designed to show off and accentuate my manhood. But as I admired my reflection in the bathroom mirror, there was no denying it -- my soul was the soul of a beautiful, majestic Articuno!. ……..

"Hey, James, are you almost ready?!" she called to me. "I want to see how it turned out!" I opened my eyes again and smiled at my reflection……

"Coming!" I replied. Jessie grinned as I opened the door and stepped into the room. "I am Articuno! Hear me roar!" I announced as I spread my wings and struck a pose. "How do I look?" Meowth's eyes widened. "Holy shit! Bulgerific don't even BEGIN ta describe dat thing!"

Jessie, meanwhile, had gone weak in the knees. "Oh, my god!" she whispered as she placed her hand over her heart and began to take rapid, fluttery breaths. I smiled. "I guess that means she likes it!"

The fic is entitled “How James Got His Mojo Back…
Oh ... whoa. I don't think I've read this one! ;D Is the full version still online?

In the Moltress-fic, I remember how Jessie practically came when James broke those ropes... And all that crying in her fics, wow... And the sex scenes? Let's not go there. Oh great, now I have irresistible urge to read one of those!
Massive LOL! And I think I vaguely remember those scenes; sex was usually spanned over a ludicrously long period of time and was more often than not missionary.

And what else did you expect me to have on my mind if I see a woman pressing a man's arm against her crotch? :lol:

Pfft that cap is amazing.

*ears perk* I'm sorry, are we talking about Cori Falls? My most hated fandom person in the world?

I hope you all know that I'm going to read every single one of this chick's fics hahaha! I'm excited for how bad they're going to be. But I wonder if I've read worse? There was one really creepy fic on FF.net but I'd rather not look for it @__@

Anyhow I know I've read at least one of her fics before, I'm sure of it...but omgosh I'm laughing already at how you guys are reacting to it all.

[edit]
"GAHHHH!!! YUCK!!!" he cried as he began to wipe himself off. "I wasn't bein'
serious! Baka humans!"

Baka humans. That just got me. Oh, my God XDDD

Last edited:
In the Moltress-fic, I remember how Jessie practically came when James broke those ropes... And all that crying in her fics, wow...

LMAO! I almost fell off my bed when I read your post, Ish, I was laughing so hard, haha

Well, you can't really even disagree with a woman. A discussion I had with a female friend of mine:
"It's ok"

Aww, Ish you should know better than that ;-)

But yeah, she shouldn't have asked you if she didn't want an opinion lol

I used to like her fics. For like a month when I was 12 and new to the fandom. I blame her for breaking my mind. You don't mark a sex fic "R", man. You just don't. Especially not a sex fic that doesn't even make sense. I don't think even Musashi and Kojirou would have the energy to go one for hours...

QFT no one has that much energy lol.

Eek, sorry for being so inactive :( *hates all over her craptop* Drabbles as penance.

Awww that's ok, welcome back!

Speaking of fan fiction, does anyone remember The Nightingale Sings at Midnight? I LOVED this.

Never read it, but I'll give it a try :)

Here are the most of her fics http://sarajaye.tripod.com/
That Mojo one is soo long. O_O

Yeah, I skimmed through most of it so my mind wouldn't explode.

Anyway, hello there fellow Rocket-shippers!

Welcome Badger! (If I may call you that?) ;)

We're a pretty active bunch, so I'm sure you'll have fun here! x3

Not sure if i'd call it lucky I came in so late. :p It has been a lot of fun though. :)

Hey! I came in late too! :p But yes, it sure is fun. <3

How did you get into Rocketshipping?

I love this topic! :3

Hmmmmm, let's see...

Well when the 'Pokemon craze' was around I never cared for it, even though I never actually watched it yet.

(You know how young kids are, if it seems odd you won't watch it :p [well, atleast that's how it was with me...])

Around 2006-2007 I was extremely bored one day, because all there were were re-runs on TV, so I watched an episode on Pokemon: Advanded Battles (what CartoonNetwork was airing at the time...)

It was pretty boring at first, but I still continued to watch; Then came Team Rocket! :D

They were instantly my favorite characters. :) I wasn't really into relationship stuff yet, but I did love and admire their friendship at that point,

Any who, I watched more and more, and eventually 'Boomerang' another CartoonNetwork channel was airing the original series! (randomly though :/)

I still loved them and blahblahblah, fast-foward to around to when Pokemon: "Battle Frontier" was airing. I was finally using the internet and searching for 'Team Rocket' on Google Images and came across Serebii,

Where I found out Japan was already nearly in DP. This is when I switched away from the dub. :D fastforward again to maybe DP: 80-ish or 92 :p Now somehow,

I was looking at the Rocketshipping forum at Serebii lurking on most of you XD And found Bulbagarden, where I lurked for maybe since months just for TR info...

I saw all the pictures RG posts when there was something shippy in an episode and realize Rocketshipping was meant to be. :)

...And joined in on all the fun with you guys. <3

*gets teary-eyed* :'D

YAY I got a Snow Day Today! :bounce:

Lucky! <333

27ydemw.jpg

Now... ermm... that's kind of interesting position... could it be from Kamasutra? xD

I swear, Pokemon smuggles a lot of ecchi stuff for a kodomo anime...:lol:

XDDDDDDD

I loveeeeee kinky poses(even if they are mid-motion or not...)! ;)<33

Gwen! Missed you! *glomp*

I second that! <333 *glomps*

...And I love your new sig Meron! :D

Last edited:
The best bits were when she put stuff on the timeline like "James' great great great aunt twice removed got a horse called Blacky."
No one could be that crazy, could th- *clicks on link* OHLORDYSHEDOES.

I blame her for breaking my mind.
Aww, mine too D: Especially some of the later ones, where she strayed a bit too far from canon. It must have been while she was planting the seed of unrealistic expectations of love and sex there, too. *flails*

Reading about Cori Falls taught me what "priapism" is :lol:
Ahahaha! I just had to look that up; I <3 Wikipedia.
It's going to be floating in the back of my mind when I get around to having a Corifest.

Oh yeah, I remembered a fic that I forgot to mention in the "top 3 fics" topic. It's called "Harmony". Kojiro goes to search for a Purin, because it's the mating season for those things, and their songs make people fall in love together at that time... Of course he was going to use it for Musashi, but things go wrong... Too bad I can't find it anywhere!
Is it this one? I've only had a chance to read a quarter of it, but it's really sweet so far!

Gwen! Missed you! *glomp*
I second that! <333 *glomps*

...And I love your new sig Meron! :D
D'aww, missed you, too, guys! *glomp*
Me, too! It's really adorable! <3

Here are the most of her fics http://sarajaye.tripod.com/
That Mojo one is soo long. O_O
Cheers! Aaargh, and it really is D: I don't know how much wank I can take in one sitting.

I hope you all know that I'm going to read every single one of this chick's fics hahaha! I'm excited for how bad they're going to be. But I wonder if I've read worse? There was one really creepy fic on FF.net but I'd rather not look for it @__@
Do it! DO IIIT. They look alright at first, but the silliness grows proportionally with how far in you read. ;P

... She has brilliant taste in music, though. *ducks*

Awww that's ok, welcome back!
Aww, thankies! :DD *hugs*

Never read it, but I'll give it a try :)
Yay! It's been a while since I've read it and can't remember how in-character it is, but I love the way she built up the tension between Musashi and Kojiro (and I'm a sucker for tension).

Welcome Badger! (If I may call you that?) ;)
*is slow* Gwen says welcome, too! Your username is way too awesome! :crush:

I saw all the pictures RG posts when there was something shippy in an episode and realize Rocketshipping was meant to be. :)

...And joined in on all the fun with you guys. <3
:yahoo: Hehe, I'm really glad you did, too! As with everyone else :3

Wow, Cori Falls sounds so lame >.<
Is there a link to her stories? (sorry if I missed it on another page...)
I feel like I need to know how bad this stuff really is. xD

Edit: Nevermind, I found a site. So OOC. :O

Last edited:
Lol, now we're bashing Cori Falls again xD Even though she left the fandom in 2005, she will never get a peace from Rocketshippers. She won't be forgotten, oh, she won't.

Omg! :lol: Cori Falls ffiction just makes me laugh. Remember her timeline and Jessie and James' great great great grandparents? The best bits were when she put stuff on the timeline like "James' great great great aunt twice removed got a horse called Blacky."
Oh yeah... that was so like... what the f... o__O;

Pfff... I've been her fan for a whole year!:uhoh:

And yeah, she broke my mind too. Some fics with sex scenes were rated PG-13... Sex with fireworks lasting for hours... lol, even when I was 13-year old naive kid, I knew that there's something wrong about them xD

I remember one fragment (I don't remember in which fic) where J&J laid in bed after having sex and Jessie says something like "We should do it more often" and James is like "But Jessie, I'm not a sex machine! 3 times a day is enough!". I don't remember what she had really on her mind (I think they did something good the previous day or something), but James' quote was... omg... 3 times a day and yet not a sex machine? Woah!:lol:
Even in Cor's fics James has a low self-esteem :lol:

Omg Cori Falls! I don't want to even get started on that subject. Oh no, now I can't get her fics off my mind!

*hits himself with TV-remote control*
Much better.
Yeah guys, I wouldn't read her fics now, especially on such a scale... I know you're aware that it's OOC and all, but her writings are tricky and sooner or later, you may think of M&K in OOC categories, at least subconsciously. It's dangerous especially for new fans. Even after I realized that her fics are OOC crap, they haunted me for years later.

"It's ok"

Eh, many women are like that... =.= Fortunately, not every.

Gwen! *glomps* I missed you :3

After getting a chance to watch DP117 again, I thought that this particular scene gave off the exact same vibe. I'm glad you mentioned the fracturing of their relationship during AG, because I hadn't taken it into consideration before now, and I really agree that this, combined with everything else you've mentioned, justifies Musashi's actions. (I'm pretty sure I've done nothing but repeat what everyone else has already said. ^^;)
Well, not me, RG mentioned that first ;)

I really do love that notion of Musashi and Kojiro finding it hard to open up to one another, making DP117 all that more a pivotal point in their relationship. The concept, though, provides some nice building blocks for character development (and, in turn, Rocketshipping has the potential to evolve further, too). And if the writers decide not to go anywhere with it, it makes an IC basis for a fan fic. ;-)
As much as I loved Kanto Rocketshipping, it's been driving me mad for wasting potential so much. While we had tons of fanservice, Rocketshipping just didn't seem to go anywhere. Now we have a clear development so Rocketshipping can only get better and better from now on ;D

I instantly adored Jessie. I thought James was pretty freaking awesome, but I honestly felt that Jessie was tailored to my own specific needs and likes in a character. And that they were secretly married. They just look right together; there isn’t the ambiguity as to who either will end up with (and they’re both insanely good looking).
Exactly. Musashi is the only woman sexy enough to be with Kojiro and vice versa. I thought that from the beginning. It was always weird for me how some people originially thought they're brother and sister... Erm? That would be incest! xD;

Things happened, though, and I couldn’t keep up with the fandom, but came back a couple of times to squeeze out two and a half stories, and that's when "Jessie" became "Musashi" and "James" turned into "Kojiro" and so on, depending on the context. Just before exam week last year, I stumbled upon this forum and was thrilled that the ship had become so much stronger than it ever was before.
THIS IS SO RIGHT! :-D

That'd be what drew me in. The concept was very clever and well thought out. Her writing alone, when taken out of a Rocketshipping context, was great; I mean, she could spell and use correct grammar, punctuation etc. ("All Out of Maple Syrup" made me cry when I first read it at twelve years old and didn't know a thing about heartbreak, but shh), but it was her characterisations that I felt alienated readers, because the people she was writing about weren't Musashi and Kojiro.
Yeah, she could just change the names, throw some other fantasy creatures instead of pokemon and she could make a career as a romance writer... seriously.

I remember one, though, that wasn't quite so ... 'eh'. Frustrated for some reason, Satoshi makes a wish that Musashi and Kojiro had never met and it changes everyone's circumstances significantly when it is put into effect overnight, but they seek out each other eventually. Has anyone else read that one, too? I think the title was To Sleep Perchance to Dream.
Yeah, I read that. I remember that they had to have sex in their alternate reality to come back to their true reality xD

I think I may have read that, but I don't remember what happened here.

I remember one fragment (I don't remember in which fic) where J&J laid in bed after having sex and Jessie says something like "We should do it more often" and James is like "But Jessie, I'm not a sex machine! 3 times a day is enough!". I don't remember what she had really on her mind (I think they did something good the previous day or something), but James' quote was... omg... 3 times a day and yet not a sex machine? Woah!:lol:

If rocketshipping had been my first sex fics, I would've been so scarred XD Whenever I show my friends those gifs I've made, they go "YOU'RE RAPING MY CHILDHOOD" but that's okay.

ANYHOW oh puhleez, 3 times a day is ttly normal!!!1 Jessie wants to have sex 10 times a day at least >:c Especially if they have sex for hours at a time.

All this reminds me of some fic that I can't/am not sure if I want to look up again...I don't know if the author was bad with english or something, but at some point after Jessie and James have sex, James wakes up and is like "what happened?" "Oh silly James! you were asleep for a whole 3 days and I was only asleep for 1!" and I still don't know what they meant there. @__@ I wish I could sleep for an entire day pfft.

For reference and potential Corifest fun agonizing masochistic party of owwies, here are most of Cori Fall's fics as collected by my good Internets friend Sara.

Oh, I remember Harmony, Meron. I think I liked it. I believe I did. I'd have to read it again. I remember liking it.

Lol, now we're bashing Cori Falls again xD Even though she left the fandom in 2005, she will never get a peace from Rocketshippers. She won't be forgotten, oh, she won't.

Awww, poor Cori I feel sorry for her... not really.

Yeah guys, I wouldn't read her fics now, especially on such a scale... I know you're aware that it's OOC and all, but her writings are tricky and sooner or later, you may think of M&K in OOC categories, at least subconsciously. It's dangerous especially for new fans. Even after I realized that her fics are OOC crap, they haunted me for years later.

Oh, I didn't think of that, I'll be cautious when reading her fics, I promise.

Now that I found them, it's difficult to stop reading them. I mean with titles like "Blood on the Moon" and "Lickitung's Incredible Journey" and knowing what her fics are like, I can't help myself.

As much as I loved Kanto Rocketshipping, it's been driving me mad for wasting potential so much. While we had tons of fanservice, Rocketshipping just didn't seem to go anywhere. Now we have a clear development so Rocketshipping can only get better and better from now on ;D

Yeah, I know what you mean, Kanto had a lot of fun moments, but they were so spontaneous it was difficult to see any clear connection between them and nothing was built upon. In DP, it has been one path.

Don't know much about about this Cori girl, but if her fics are that bad, then I don't wanna read them (or else my brain will melt.)

Ahhhhhhh, I just made this! <333333

000000000000.jpg

Edited the scene a bit to make it more Rocketshippy and less friendshippy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom