• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping Club...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a question, what are some of the best fanfics you read about Rocketshipping.

And, do you think we'll ever see any leeway of their relationship in Sinnoh.

1. I've read some good ones but I'd have to dig them up. I'm a little disappointed that new Rocketshippy fics aren't as easy to find anymore. When I check fanfiction.net it's mostly "original trainer on their first journey" stuff or Contest/Pokeshipping. Don't get me wrong, I love and support those ships, but...

2. I haven't really watched the show since Orange Islands, but I think we'd have to wait until close to the end, if not the last episode, for anything to happen :/ Pokemon isn't supposed to be a romance series and I doubt the writers would want to go all out with it, sad to say :(

'Course not - plenty of shounen (and other generally non-romance) series feature romance (like Inuyasha, for instance) :D But I don't know, past the first and second season it doesn't look like they want to go for things like that anymore unless we were close to the end. That's just my opinion, though. Hope it makes sense.

I wish people would stop saying that. Aside from Holy Matrimony, what else was there? Perhaps a few more hugs more often?

I've been in the Pokemon fandom for a year now. And the longer I've been here, the more I'm wondering if people didn't get upset not because of lack of hints, but because everyone assumed something would happen any time now. Just look at the Bulbapedia article. It certainly gives that impression to me.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I've seen Kanto, OI, all of DP up until now, and I just started on Jouto, and I'm just not quite sure what all the fuss has been about. Things really haven't changed all that much.

I wasn't thinking of just Rocketshipping, though, when those seasons come to mind. But I haven't watched a new episode (or beyond movie 3) in YEARS, so I'm probably quite wrong. *shrug*

It's funny, there's not really that many direct hints, but when you see how they relate to each other, it's pretty easy to draw the conclusion.

(But then that's what I also say about Steelshipping--there's NO direct hints for that, but they're such a cohesive unit despite their very different personality types...yeah)

It's funny, there's not really that many direct hints, but when you see how they relate to each other, it's pretty easy to draw the conclusion.

This relates to a thought I have regarding the latest Japanese episode.

Do you think Kojiro has too much of an emotional investment in Musashi?

The latest episode in Japan got me thinking about that. He went from being extremely happy in the stands that maybe Musashi could pass the first round, to pouting during the motto because he thought she overdid it and she kept acting like it was fine and she should've won. People don't go from one extreme to another like that unless they really care about that person.

So, did anyone else see it that way, or was it just me?

I haven't been on here in ages! =(
@-->--
"Do you think Kojiro has too much of an emotional investment in Musashi?

The latest episode in Japan got me thinking about that. He went from being extremely happy in the stands that maybe Musashi could pass the first round, to pouting during the motto because he thought she overdid it and she kept acting like it was fine and she should've won. People don't go from one extreme to another like that unless they really care about that person.

So, did anyone else see it that way, or was it just me?"
@-->--
I agree with you, Rocket Girl. Although I haven't actually seen many of the D/P episodes due to the fact that I don't have Sky TV, and the ones I have seen are in Japanese, I've noticed that his moods do sometimes swing from one extreme to another. We've always known Kojiro cares about Musashi - even if it is only in a platonic sense - and it is completely possible his feelings are the primary reason for these mood swings. ^___^

Heya, everyone! Sorry, but I haven't seen the recent Japanese episodes. However, I did see a pic where James had his hands on Jessie's shoulders which I thought was cute. :)

(I'm a huge Rocketshipper by the way...this is my first post on Bulbagarden but it feels like home haha.)

So, I thought I would bring something up for discussion if anyone has a comment. I would maybe argue that the most Rocketshippy Pokemon Chronicles episode was not Training Daze but rather We're No Angels. Here's why:

-Training Days took place when they met. While it sets up that they must have had feelings at one point, it's also a flashback and therefore not contemporary, whereas WNA can be plopped into recent times.
-James shows no interest in the girl herself (Kate? Rose? whatshername), just that he sees her feelings for him and feels bad about it
-If James liked the girl in WNA better than Jessie, not only would he have taken more of an individual stand to stay instead of saying Team Rocket as a whole should stay, but he would not have been so nervous about it. The nervousness when talking to Jessie shows he cares about what she thinks.
-Jessie actually changes for James at the end! She says she's willing to give being heroes a try (for him, haha) until they mutually agree not to.

Sorry that was long...anyone agree?

My first post on Bulbagarden was in this thread too. :) But no, I don't agree, as the dub actually tried to make things see Rocketshippy when they really weren't.

Musashi never said "Oh, no!" when James was with Kate.
Kojiro never said Musashi would like it here too.
I'm pretty sure she didn't say anything about trying to be a Hero.

I really don't have a problem with that episode up until the end. Then it turns into the worst Pokemon episode ever. Kojiro wants to stay with this woman he barely knows, and Musashi only cares that she has her stupid base, not that her best friends wants to stay behind.

I hope this weeks episode gives us something good. This picture makes things seem promising.

DP103_Preview.jpg

Kojiro wants to stay with this woman he barely knows, and Musashi only cares that she has her stupid base, not that her best friends wants to stay behind.

But I bet it never even occurred to Jessie that she would not be with James if he stayed behind, it was they all stayed or they didn't. That seems to be a common trend (and one I think is rocketshippy): Whenever a girl expresses interest in James, the possibility of James leaving Team Rocket (ergo her) for the other girl never crosses her mind. Examples are in "Holy Matrimony", "The Heartbreak of Brock", and I think "We're No Angels". She just assumes he's always going to PRETEND to like the girl for as long as it takes to benefit them and then leave, not actually become involved.

That pic made me smile btw, thanks for that. Yay for hope! ;-)

You make a good point that it never crosses Musashi's mind that Kojiro would ever leave. I think the writers should make a plot where Kojiro is upset because Musashi takes advantage of him but Kojiro gets fed up and leaves. Then we could have some nice development with Musashi realizing she can't take for granted that he'll always stick around.

Considering Musashi and Kojiro are on their own for most of this weeks episode I think we have good reason to hope for something. :)

I really don't have a problem with that episode up until the end. Then it turns into the worst Pokemon episode ever. Kojiro wants to stay with this woman he barely knows, and Musashi only cares that she has her stupid base, not that her best friends wants to stay behind.

You know why he wants to stay with Rose? It's because she practically worships him. We all know very well how attention-starved poor Jimmy is... Granted, I don't think it would've worked. Even James would get tired of so much attention eventually, and he wasn't even terribly into her (look at how quickly he gets over it and changes his focus to stealing Pikachu in the end of the episode). Besides, if Jessie and Meowth would've really still been around, they would've made that relationship fall apart even quicker.

And this is why I don't mind the end of the episode. The episode as a whole is quite boring to me, but at the end of the episode I just feel bad for James. That guy seriously needs more love.

But I bet it never even occurred to Jessie that she would not be with James if he stayed behind, it was they all stayed or they didn't. That seems to be a common trend (and one I think is rocketshippy): Whenever a girl expresses interest in James, the possibility of James leaving Team Rocket (ergo her) for the other girl never crosses her mind. Examples are in "Holy Matrimony", "The Heartbreak of Brock", and I think "We're No Angels". She just assumes he's always going to PRETEND to like the girl for as long as it takes to benefit them and then leave, not actually become involved.

I completely agree with that! Jessie doesn't realize what she might be losing until it's too late. Remember in "Holy Matrimony", how sad she was when she thought he's really going to stay behind and take his inheritance? And that's after she nearly forced him to marry his crazy fiancée. XD And remember in "The Ole' Berate and Switch", when they all decided to split but she was STILL incredibly jealous when Cassidy took James? Sigh, that's Jess for ya, takes her a while to get it.

:) Oh, and remember that ep where those two people in love come to duel Ash and May and then Jessie and James? When they say "Oh, you're a couple obviously in love" Jessie doesn't refute it! At all! Her brain doesn't reject the statement but instead jumps to how to take advantage of a Nidoking and Nidoqueen holder. Thought that was one more Jessie moment to add to the list.

I think the writers should make a plot where Kojiro is upset because Musashi takes advantage of him but Kojiro gets fed up and leaves. Then we could have some nice development with Musashi realizing she can't take for granted that he'll always stick around.

Considering Musashi and Kojiro are on their own for most of this weeks episode I think we have good reason to hope for something. :)

I was thinking the same thing about what would happen if James DID leave! Because, based on what we've seen, Jessie never would leave but James has come close. We'd get some real Rocketshipping delivery if that happened, as ironic as that it. As for the next ep, I hope so! I don't watch the Japanese versions on a regular basis though but if it's good then maybe I will!

My god it's been a while.

I haven't seen a new episode in full since the beginning of D/P. I hate to say it, but I lost interest in the (new) series. Looking at this thread brought back memories though. I now fancy rewatching the older episodes that made me squee in my mind, like the good old ship obsessed fangirl I am.

*gets ready to duck*
Rocketshipping was my favourite pairing for ages, I feel kinda sad that it's been moved to second place thanks to my favourite games' pairing (Cloud & Aerith , another opposites attract couple,lol). I really miss it. What have I missed in the latest seasons? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom