• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

I posted this is another thread but wanted to share it here as well!

Songs that remind me of Rocketshipping:

Make You Mine by PUBLIC
Rose Colored Boy by Paramore
Paper Rings by Taylor Swift
Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch from Movie 13
Still into You by Paramore
Home to You by The Mowgli’s
I Choose You by Haven Paschall from Movie 20
Yoko Ono by Mob Rich
I Do Adore by Mindy Gledhill
I Dare You by the Regrettes

.. I’m barely surviving this Rocketshipping drought

I posted this is another thread but wanted to share it here as well!

Songs that remind me of Rocketshipping:

Make You Mine by PUBLIC
Rose Colored Boy by Paramore
Paper Rings by Taylor Swift
Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch from Movie 13
Still into You by Paramore
Home to You by The Mowgli’s
I Choose You by Haven Paschall from Movie 20
Yoko Ono by Mob Rich
I Do Adore by Mindy Gledhill
I Dare You by the Regrettes

.. I’m barely surviving this Rocketshipping drought
I would also like to add Stand by You by Rachel Platten (I made a Rocketshipping AMV with this song once!) & Counting Stars by One Republic.

I feel you on the drought!

You can’t tell me there’s not anything going on in between these 2 :sneaky:

Attachments

• 0AC916AE-6A85-4C6F-BCFA-C12BA5C2B597.jpeg
    0AC916AE-6A85-4C6F-BCFA-C12BA5C2B597.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 127
It seems the endgame is arriving. I feel so churned up! Wonder if we can hope for anything other than an inconclusive conclusion?…

Let's hope for the opposite, that is, that we have a definitive conclusion capable of honoring and paying homage to the characters, especially those who, for 25 years, have brought us so much joy.

I've been curing my covid the last couple of days by reading through the last 30-odd pages of this thread and it made me feel so warm and happy that I thought I should write a little note to say hi!

Assuming this really is the end (I think we can have a lot more confidence that it is than the BW fake-out for example!), it's kind of a weird time. Rockets leaving the anime is a scenario I've had so many thoughts and feelings and hopes and expectations for over the years, and in the end it looks like probably nothing I'd imagined is going to come true - more than likely we'll get a 20-minute wrap-up that doesn't conclude Musashi and Kojiro's stories in any way.

But I'm surprisingly ok with that? Reading through the thread just served as a reminder of so many happy times: speculating on what would come and enjoying surprise moments in the show, collaborating on fan projects, insane analytical chats, making/enjoying fanworks...

In the spirit of DP117, whatever the outcome, the time given to Rocketshipping wasn't wasted since I got to spend it with good friends after all :bulbaLove:
(Also hope never dies and I secretly harbour a little bit still LOL.)

I admit I'm not very expectant of a good sendoff for the trio--after DP189 I sort of realized the liklihood of a good sendoff for anyone was remote but, well, I won't get into that.
However...
Once it's over the show can no longer contradict anything, barring revival or later specieals (though to be clear I am expecting later films, specials, or even a revival or reboot).
So as far as I am concerned Rocketshipping wins as long as they don't get married to someone else in the next few weeks.

I wonder if we could assume that Rocketshipping had a similar conclusion to the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga if nothing else is implied tomorrow. I think I'm going to pretend that they ended up together in this universe as well. Feels kind of bittersweet knowing that we have reached the end since Rocketshipping has been around as long as Pokeshipping. It was the OG ship that stayed.

Especially since they have recently established that there is some kind of overlapping multiverse with their and Ash's appearances in Pokémon Masters. If they got married in one universe perhaps they end up together in all universes (kind of like soul mates?).

Imagine if Masters Team Rocket got transported to the Electric Tale of Pikachu universe next and met themselves as a married couple lol. I like to think Jessie would be a good mother to give her child what she couldn't have after the tragedy with Miyamoto (assuming she exists in the manga universe). Shame we never got to see what their kid looked like.

God this doesn’t feel real. I don’t feel ready. ;_;

it's kind of a weird time. Rockets leaving the anime is a scenario I've had so many thoughts and feelings and hopes and expectations for over the years, and in the end it looks like probably nothing I'd imagined is going to come true - more than likely we'll get a 20-minute wrap-up that doesn't conclude Musashi and Kojiro's stories in any way.

But I'm surprisingly ok with that? Reading through the thread just served as a reminder of so many happy times: speculating on what would come and enjoying surprise moments in the show, collaborating on fan projects, insane analytical chats, making/enjoying fanworks...
I’m afraid for the episode tomorrow but my one hope is that they keep them together.

But yeah, this is something that I’ve been trying to remind myself; even if canon is disappointing, we still have all the fanworks, AUs, headcanons, analyses, attempts at figuring out the Team Rocket backstory timeline, compilations, and projects people have made and will continue to make. And even if it’s hard to tell if PTB care anymore, they can’t change how important Musashi, Kojiro, Nyasu, and all of them were to us and the friendships we’ve formed. I’m grateful for it. :’D I wouldn’t trade that for anything

So as far as I am concerned Rocketshipping wins as long as they don't get married to someone else in the next few weeks.
Yeah, my only hope is they stick together. If we just have that, we can headcanon/do whatever we want after

Last edited:
Hey if anything, today’s ending implies we’ll see more of our favorite found family in the future. There’s no way the crew can allow that to be their sendoff while still respecting the writers’ and voice actors’ 25+ years of dedication to the TRio . As the episode was ending, I was getting concerned that their decision to inevitably come back together would be rushed, but I think that leaving on a cliffhanger gives them time to reflect on how much they all mean to each other.

So long Rockets ❤️ :(

Attachments

• EE619F9A-2799-40E4-8ADD-1918B151AF63.jpeg
    EE619F9A-2799-40E4-8ADD-1918B151AF63.jpeg
    517.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 5AA44687-1802-43EA-95FB-9FF117B64C4C.jpeg
    5AA44687-1802-43EA-95FB-9FF117B64C4C.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 50
I feel like Kojiro drinking a can of Komala Coffee (the same as what Musashi gave him when he lost the Alola league match against Gladio) was someone saying ‘it’s ok, yours is still the endgame’… :cry:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom