• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Nevertheless, Kojiro's backstory would already have been concocted by Shudo I should have thought.
Sorry that was a stupid question.
I suppose if your crazy best friend who thinks you'd rather spend eternity with a ghost than her aims a bazooka right at you... :p
Oh. That makes sense.

Last edited:
Well Mimikyu's disguise just aired. Kojiro called out for only Musashi :) but no reunion hug :(. I guess there wasn't enough time(and Nyasu died). Also
When Mimikyu ditches the paper bag,one part of the bag blindfolds Musashi and another goes towards Kojiro. Mimikyu knows Kojiro's important to Musashi!

Last edited:
Yeah I had a tiny hope for a reunion hug too, but Nyasu died at that time and well XD; It would've been too awkward to hug then, right? xD

I think it was really cute how Kojiro called only for Musashi! Also I totally loved the scene where Kojiro made a word play kind of joke with Sonansu and Sounan-su ("sounan" means disaster). Nyasu was unimpressed and said it wasn't funny, but Kojiro replied in a disappointed manner "Musashi would have laughed!". They have the same sense of humor, of course XD

Nyasu was unimpressed and said it wasn't funny, but Kojiro replied in a disappointed manner "Musashi would have laughed!". They have the same sense of humor, of course XD
Awww. I didn't know he said that. That's so cute!

Edit: I just saw the episode subbed. That scene got cuter(and kind of funny)now that I know he said "Oh no!" just after the above scene and ran right towards possible danger(to save Musashi). Also
when trying to return Mimikyu into the ball she said "At this rate it'll be impossible to look for Kojiro." Not Kojiro, Nyasu, and Sonansu. Not Kojiro and Nyasu. Just Kojiro.
and Musashi's happy to see Kojiro in the end almost as much as he(not to mention he doesn't seem to care about the money.)

Last edited:
I've made a friend recently who doesn't really watch Pokemon but the few times she had when she was younger, she shipped Musashi and Kojiro and now thanks to me, she fully ships them!(And now she has a crush on Kojiro)

Edit: I've been reading a lot of episode comparisons on episodes I've seen and in terms of the TPCI ones, how did most of these insults fly over my head?! Some I can remember clearly(DP 20 and DP 173)but some I can't(DP 143, DP 158, and DP 161. I'll give myself a break about 143 because I was in elementary school when I last saw it but there's no excuse for the last two! I last saw those three years ago)! I wasn't the smartest looking back(I took 4kids' Movie 3 commentary as Rocketshipping proof) and I probably still am but still!

Last edited:
I received my school schedule today. As you probably guessed, this means I won't be on here as often. I will try to show up as much as I can but don't be surprised if a week or two go by and I haven't been around.

Last edited:
Sorry for my absence. I still feel like a sponge being squeezed every time I think of Kojirou's "Musashi would have laughed!" line - sooooooo much implied in that little comment!
She finds his jokes funny even if they're lame...
Or she pretends to!...
Making her laugh gives him pleasure...
.etc .etc *sigh*

I also really loved his knowing little "Hnngh!" at the end of the episode when he suggested she and Mimikyu were on better terms and she denied it.

One small dream of mine was accomplished in today's episode when Kiteruguma grabbed M+K in the same arm haha. Good to dream small :p

Hope school starts off ok Natalie! Let's see if we can all continue to post something worthwhile as often as we can manage! What was it in the Movie 3 4Kids commentary that was Rocketshippy btw?

Hey just got home.
Sorry for my absence.
That's alright. :)
Kojirou's "Musashi would have laughed!" line - sooooooo much implied in that little comment!
She finds his jokes funny even if they're lame...
Or she pretends to!...
Making her laugh gives him pleasure...
.etc .etc *sigh*
Aww! I'm suddenly imagining Musashi depressed and Kojiro trying to make her laugh to cheer her up.
I also really loved his knowing little "Hnngh!" at the end of the episode when he suggested she and Mimikyu were on better terms and she denied it.
I can't believe I forgot to mention that! He knows her too well! I love moments when they know what the other is about to say or see right through the other's facade.
One small dream of mine was accomplished in today's episode when Kiteruguma grabbed M+K in the same arm haha.
*Rushes to find episode*
Hope school starts off ok Natalie! Let's see if we can all continue to post something worthwhile as often as we can manage! What was it in the Movie 3 4Kids commentary that was Rocketshippy btw?
Thanks. So far it's going well. Yes. At one point, they were talking about how Eric Stuart voiced both James and Brock, two characters who couldn't be more different because while Brock is very interested in love, James had only "one possible love interest in one episode where James' parents wanted to marry." Little me's ears perked up. An episode like that sounded interesting. I found the episode and... even if there wasn't the end scene with fanfare celebrating in the background, I would've still thought Jessie was his love interest going off of that commentary because young me didn't know guys could have guy love interests so with four girls, one who he's absolutely terrified of, one that's much younger than him, and one that's his mom, Jessie's the only one left! A few years later, I learn of the whole 'James is Gay" thing and know what 4kids is actually implying...and I still don't get why. How come when Jessie's dressed as a prince(or the Rose of Versailles character, I need to look that up now)no one seems to bat an eye but when James puts on a dress, people call him out for it? And why does wearing a dress make him gay? I know of a certain cartoon rabbit who did it and people don't call him out for it(actually I might need to check that). This could just be me being naive again though.

Last edited:
I'm suddenly imagining Musashi depressed and Kojiro trying to make her laugh to cheer her up.
Aww I love that! Like a semi role reversal of DP55 :)
I love moments when they know what the other is about to say or see right through the other's facade.
Kojiro seeing through Musashi's bullshit is my fave thing. Miki delivers a great line in the Bakeccha evolution episode when he is incredulous that Musashi didn't know her own Pokemon's sex!

Musashi doesn't get as many opportunities because Kojiro bullshits less, but I loved some of her exasperation in XY124, especially (of course!) the second "well that was misleading" :p
James had only "one possible love interest in one episode where James' parents wanted to marry."
That can surely only be referring to Jessibelle or Jessie? I understand the overall message (he's got no love interests because he's gaaaaaaay), but still, talk about a contradiction in terms.

And I wouldn't bother getting worked about about "James is gay". We've all been there, but it's pointless. Plenty of people are slaves to their own fanons, including 4Kids. Let them be, they can't do any real harm. All we know for sure is that Kojiro has demonstrated romantic interest in several girls (that prep school girl, the ghost, Rose, Rumika) and so far no ostensible interest in any male character.

he is incredulous that Musashi didn't know her own Pokemon's sex!
Does that mean he knows the genders of Arbok, Matadogas, Sabonea, Habunake, and Muskippa? Could he have reacted the same way when Megayanma's gender was revealed? And isn't that something that happens with many other trainers?
but I loved some of her exasperation in XY124
That was the festival of inventions episode right?
talk about a contradiction in terms.
I've heard Rachel Lillis and Maddie Blaustein(Rest In Peace)were Rocketshippers while Stuart considered him gay. I wonder if that ever led to any heated conversations.
And I wouldn't bother getting worked about about "James is gay".
I won't. 'James is Gay' never really bothered me(probably because "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" was my first episode)but it's always confused me that James seems to be the only crossdresser in the show that gets fingers pointed at him.

Last edited:
Does that mean he knows the genders of Arbok, Matadogas, Sabonea, Habunake, and Muskippa? Could he have reacted the same way when Megayanma's gender was revealed? And isn't that something that happens with many other trainers?
Based on Kojirou's reaction there and I'm sure everyone was stunned in the Togepi episode too (although I don't remember exactly), I'm guessing it's normal for people to know the sex of their Pokemon! Even if it weren't, Kojiro is way too conscientious to not know about his and Musashi's Pokemon I believe.
That was the festival of inventions episode right?
Yes, you've seen the scene in question I assume? If not, just watch that entire episode (subbed) for an enjoyable ride!
I've heard Rachel Lillis and Maddie Blaustein(Rest In Peace)were Rocketshippers
Really?
it's always confused me that James seems to be the only crossdresser in the show that gets fingers pointed at him.
I suspect that's more a result of Stuart's hammy portrayal than the crossdressing in isolation...

Sorry. My sister needed my computer for homework when I saw your message.
Based on Kojirou's reaction there and I'm sure everyone was stunned in the Togepi episode too (although I don't remember exactly), I'm guessing it's normal for people to know the sex of their Pokemon! Even if it weren't, Kojiro is way too conscientious to not know about his and Musashi's Pokemon I believe.
Okay I just watched the Megayanma scene in the sub(when I last saw this episode it was several years ago dubbed)and they only seem to show Musashi's reaction. Yeah, that does seem like a thing Kojiro would know.
Yes, you've seen the scene in question I assume? If not, just watch that entire episode (subbed) for an enjoyable ride!
I remember my sister showing me the episode(my first sub). I remember Musashi being very exasperated in that episode but I don't remember that line. I'll have to look at the episode again.
At least according to the dead Serebii thread. One of them asked Maddie and she answered "Yes I think Jessie and James will get together" and in Chronicles 7, Jessie said "Oh no!" when James and Kate were together(not dating!). I've heard the 4kids actors adlibbed a lot so Rachel could've improv'd that line and she said it with quite a bit of emotion.
I suspect that's more a result of Stuart's hammy portrayal than the crossdressing in isolation...
Ohh.

Last edited:
Watch the whole episode! Kojirou is on his best worst behaviour! ;)
Alright.

Edit: I finished watching it a second time and...how come I remembered all the other Musashi moments in this episode except for the "Misleading" ones?! The first one with the little smoke cloud!:D And the second one...somehow more risque than Training Daze but I think I like the Training Daze moment more although I'm not sure if it's because Musashi saved Kojiro in that one or because...uh...let's just say if I showed someone the snapshot from a few seconds earlier, I don't think they'd have a good first impression of Kojiro. I love Kojiro in this episode!!!!!!!! And now I have my first crush on a character (Kojiro).

Last edited:
And the second one...somehow more risque than Training Daze but I think I like the Training Daze moment more although I'm not sure if it's because Musashi saved Kojiro in that one or because...uh...let's just say if I showed someone the snapshot from a few seconds earlier, I don't think they'd have a good first impression of Kojiro.
The Hoso sexual tension moment is a lot more emotionally charged and therefore shipping-wise (because of the implications of it in the context of the episode) it's obviously far more important!

Kojiro's kabedon thing in XY 124 is just a funny little bonus and another example of how over-excited he gets when he thinks he's onto something that it borders on inappropriate :p (Tbh I don't know if I'm being hypocritical, because I would call that violent/misogynistic behaviour from anyone else, but somehow I accept it from Kojiro to Musashi because they know each other so well and we know he's otherwise not like that?!) This scene has a similar feel to me as the banned Miniryuu episode where after his parachute fails Musashi says "Where are you touching?!"

Kojiro's kabedon thing in XY 124 is just a funny little bonus and another example of how over-excited he gets when he thinks he's onto something that it borders on inappropriate :p
Kabedon?*Looks it up*Okay... For some reason, the Moltres parts from 'The Fortune Hunters" are coming to mind. I'm wondering if 4kids cut anything inappropriate out of that. By the way, could the Moltres suit make a return in Alola?
(Tbh I don't know if I'm being hypocritical, because I would call that violent/misogynistic behaviour from anyone else, but somehow I accept it from Kojiro to Musashi because they know each other so well and we know he's otherwise not like that?!)
I don't think so for the points you've brought up. Not to mention they've slept on and hugged one another more times than a lot of people would say is appropriate.

Last edited:
So I've been debating if I should post this a while back or later, probably next year, or if this is too sugary for Musashi and Kojiro and just not post this at all but there's one song I've known about for a while that, aside from one or two possible lyrics(if you imagine Musashi and Kojiro doing the vocals), describes Rocketshipping. It's called "You Are My Home" from the Scarlet Pimpernel(I mention this because there's another song with the same name. I'm not quite sure if this one matches as closely). The version that first pops up is the original recording where a brother and sister comfort each other in a jail at the prospect of being executed. Nowadays I hear it's used as a wedding song between the two leads so basically it describes the relationship of two people joined at the hip to the point where home is right by each others' side.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom