• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

The execution of the song is maybe a bit sentimental for the two of them IMO, but I can absolutely see why you felt the lyrics fit!

And I can see where you are coming from too.

With SM 42 and 43 coming, I'm feeling more and more towards the possibility of Rumika's return. There's (potential) hints towards it with Alola being composed of tropical islands(If Kojiro's parents can get him a treasure chest that shoots and turns into a rocket, I think it's not a stretch to assume they'd vacation or even own a home there),there's a character who lives in a mansion and is named James after 20 years of the anime(By the way, I think next July is the 20th anniversary of Holy Matrimony),the writers have shown they care about continuity in this series, Team Rocket aren't in Unova mode, Sekine has proved with Mimikyu's Disguise to be a possibly worthy successor to Takegami, and in four days Kasumi and Takeshi will return for two episodes after a decade(and the previews show a flashback of their past adventures). This is further implemented when you remember we haven't seen Alolan Gardie yet, Rumika isn't just a one note random character but a character involved in a pivotal character's past and psyche that's appeared more than once, and the series has to be planned out several months in advance. Maybe it's wishful thinking but the clues are there.

Last edited:
I agree :) I am hopeful that all the factors are aligned for her to come back, or at least for Kojiro to get a half-decent emotional episode this series! Given that Musashi & Kojiro's relationship right now is simply comfortable, stable and close, I am optimistic that we will get one good Rocketshipping episode maybe in the first half of next year.

You know what I'd love to see? Musashi & Hidoide teaming up against Rumika!

You know what I'd love to see? Musashi & Hidoide teaming up against Rumika!
That would be awesome! There's so many possibilies. Somehow Kojiro gets caught by Rumika and Musashi and Hidoide go back to save him, Hidoide vs Vileplume, Musashi and Rumika in command, and just as Rumika pulls out the whip(because Hidoide beat Vileplume)Gar-chan scares her off. Kojiro hugs them all, Kiteruguma jumps into the...wherever they are and as she's picking the three up, Gar-chan gives Musashi a "take care of him" look(Does it consider Musashi a friend or at least approve of her for Kojiro? I've always wondered this)then it watches as Kiteruguma flies away...Of course that's most likely a dream. What's your scenario?

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see Rumika return! I've always felt the writers have under-utilized the fact that she's a doppelganger for Musashi so there's plenty of story potential there.

Though for my money Yamato and Kosaburo are even more overdue for a reappearance :p

I've always felt the writers have under-utilized the fact that she's a doppelganger for Musashi so there's plenty of story potential there.
I agree. If Musashi's dressed as Rumika before, surely Rumika would dress as Musashi to get Kojiro. Of course keeping Musashi away long enough might be problematic, especially when Kojiro notices something's up with his best friend(and I can't see Mimikyu listening to Rumika). I wonder if Kojiro has an evil doppelganger too.
Though for my money Yamato and Kosaburo are even more overdue for a reappearance :p
OH MY GOSH!!! I've been waiting for them to return since the Delacore Islands(I thought they mind controlled Musashi and Kojiro under Giovanni's orders in early BW so they would be 'normal' Rockets)and we are long overdue for a full uncut both participating battle between Musashi/Kojiro and Yamato/Kosaburo.

Last edited:
I actually had an idea for a filler episode during the Johto days since Rumika was one of the few memorable Kanto COTDs that didn't have a follow-up episode in Johto, though I suppose it could work in any region. It would start with the Rocket trio blasting off but Musashi is separated from the others and lands near where Rumika is currently staying/living. Musashi is knocked unconscious and Rumika swaps identities with her in order to get closer to Kojiro. But along the way she realizes how difficult it is to be part of this particular Rocket trio-- she doesn't like digging holes for the twerps to fall into, messes up the motto, can't battle properly, and doesn't handle being repeatedly electrocuted by Pikachu very well. Meanwhile Musashi loves the high society life she's been forced into (as the guards think she is Rumika) but eventually misses her teammates so tries to find them.

I agree. If Musashi's dressed as Rumika before, surely Rumika would dress as Musashi to get Kojiro.
:LOL: Yes!
I actually had an idea for a filler episode during the Johto days since Rumika was one of the few memorable Kanto COTDs that didn't have a follow-up episode in Johto, though I suppose it could work in any region. It would start with the Rocket trio blasting off but Musashi is separated from the others and lands near where Rumika is currently staying/living. Musashi is knocked unconscious and Rumika swaps identities with her in order to get closer to Kojiro. But along the way she realizes how difficult it is to be part of this particular Rocket trio-- she doesn't like digging holes for the twerps to fall into, messes up the motto, can't battle properly, and doesn't handle being repeatedly electrocuted by Pikachu very well. Meanwhile Musashi loves the high society life she's been forced into (as the guards think she is Rumika) but eventually misses her teammates so tries to find them.
That would be a hilarious way to carry that idea out! How would it end? I guess we already saw a little snapshot of this (minus Rumika pretending to be Musashi of course) at the end of DP 153, though I don't think Musashi was as impressed with being in Rumika's shoes as I would have expected!!

Personally, I've always been hoping for a fake wedding episode with 2 brides (ideally with Sonansu masquerading as the officiator :p)... hijinks ensue .etc.

If ever Rumika returns though, realistically speaking, I just want to see her and Musashi have an actual battle though! I don't love battles but it is Pokemon so it's a must, and besides Musashi does not have good juju with Rafflesia's evolutionary line, they could just have so much fun with it!
Gar-chan gives Musashi a "take care of him" look(Does it consider Musashi a friend or at least approve of her for Kojiro? I've always wondered this)
I don't think they've really interacted at all, which is a huge shame!

Personally, I've always been hoping for a fake wedding episode with 2 brides (ideally with Sonansu masquerading as the officiator :p)... hijinks ensue .etc.
I never realized I needed this until now. Sonansu as the officiator would be something(although I can't imagine Kojiro's parents and the real officiator would be pleased with that.)Is Nyasu Kojiro's best man? Does anyone else have roles in the wedding? What sort of hijinks?
I don't think they've really interacted at all, which is a huge shame!
Darn! I guess that would be too telling.

Last edited:
I never realized I needed this until now. Sonansu as the officiator would be something(although I can't imagine Kojiro's parents and the real officiator would be pleased with that.)Is Nyasu Kojiro's best man? Does anyone else have roles in the wedding? What sort of hijinks?
You're welcome ;-)

So the way I always saw this going down was almost as the sequel to 'Guardie & Kojiro':
- Once again the family track him down & Kojiro gets captured
- They cobble together a last-minute wedding to guarantee that he is really trapped this time
- Musashi & Nyasu come to the conclusion that he needs saving
- Musashi wearing Kojiro's dress lol jk or am I? beats Rumika down the aisle but no one notices (apart from maybe Kojiro if we need some real saccharine shipping)
- Before the deal is done, Rumika storms in and everyone is really confused
- Chaos chaos chaos, battle?
- Nyasu commandeers their very own balloon & the TRio escapes narrowly!

I gave up on this dream because I just could never work out what role Satoshi & Pikachu would play in such an episode :p

I love it!:love:
- Musashi wearing Kojiro's dress lol jk or am I? beats Rumika down the aisle but no one notices (apart from maybe Kojiro if we need some real saccharine shipping)
Why not? It's beautiful and the only other wedding disguise is the groom(I think). Actually it makes so much sense Kojiro sees through Musashi's disguise(BTW how did you do that with Kojiro's dress).
- Before the deal is done, Rumika storms in and everyone is really confused
So kind of like this;
Sonansu(or whoever's the officiator): Does anyone object with these two being together in...*Rumika storms in*
Rumika: I object,yes.
Rumika's parents: Rumika?
Kojiro's parents: Rumika?
Musashi, Kojiro, (Sonansu):*Sweatdrop*
or am I getting you completely wrong? I'm sorry if I am.
-Nyasu comes in commandeering their very own balloon & the TRio escapes narrowly!
Looks like they won't be forgetting the cat this time!:p
I gave up on this dream because I just could never work out what role Satoshi & Pikachu would play in such an episode :p
Aww don't give up. Maybe Satoshi-tachi could just see Musashi and Nyasu going off to save Kojiro(Satoshi:You're not taking Pikachu! Musashi: NOT NOW!*Brushes past*Satoshi: o_OOkay).

Last edited:
Actually it makes so much sense Kojiro sees through Musashi's disguise
Well I think so! After all there was a long monologue about this back when Musashi went and stole some badges towards the end of Kanto or something, wasn't there?
(BTW how did you do that with Kojiro's dress).
[ url=www.blah.com ] blah blah [ /url ] but with no spaces.

And yeah your interpretation is spot on :p

Hope we get something in anime soon, I'm getting a bit twitchy...

After all there was a long monologue about this back when Musashi went and stole some badges towards the end of Kanto or something, wasn't there?
Yep,and in DP 55, he recognized them instantly.
[ url=www.blah.com ] blah blah [ /url ] but with no spaces.
Thank you!
Hope we get something in anime soon, I'm getting a bit twitchy...
Aren't they going to Kanto tomorrow? Maybe they'll fearhug for old times sake. At least they're actually appearing in the series now.
If Musashi and Kojiro got together, do you think they'd have Gar-chan with them?

Last edited:
Yep,and in DP 55, he recognized them instantly.
Yes of course! How did I forget that one? That's one of the loveliest episodes for the TRio IMO! It was such a shock to the system at that point in mid-DP after how bicker-y they had been from late Johto, but it marked the start of a turning point for their relationship and fortunately after DP 117 we never went back there again.
If Musashi and Kojiro got together, do you think they'd have Gar-chan with them?
I have to admit I'm less emotionally invested in Gaa-chan than the average Rocket fan so I've never given it that much thought... but I'm sure Kojiro would want to take it with him wherever he ended up settling! Next time it appears I'd like to see it interact with Musashi & Nyasu a bit!

That's one of the loveliest episodes for the TRio IMO! It was such a shock to the system at that point in mid-DP after how bicker-y they had been from late Johto,
I agree. I might be biased because this and DP 54 were my first rocket episodes which, I don't know if I'm overthinking this but, feels odd knowing the history of Team Rocket and what you guys went through.:unsure: Sometimes I wonder if that's some sort of crime. You guys deserve an episode like this and 117! I'm also not sure if this was a double edged sword for me because it's all so sweet but I thought this was a hint Musashi liked him but she helps Kojiro recover from losing Sabonea but it probably made me hate the Victreebel episode more than I should because in my mind DP 54 and 55 are an example on how ,IMO, TR goodbyes should be done;sad and all three of the TRio show their friendship towards the member who's doing the goodbye so when I overhear the Victreebel episode going on on my brother's device it's like ":mad::cry:WHY WAS THIS EPISODE GREENLIT?!" Anyway I thought episodes like DP 55 would be the system with the occassional bicker-y ep. Well now it is!:)
it marked the start of a turning point for their relationship and fortunately after DP 117 we never went back there again.
Thank goodness! Although I do remember tuning in to XY once after a while and I think somebody mistook Musashi for Rumika and gave her a whip.o_OWas that a nightmare sequence?
I have to admit I'm less emotionally invested in Gaa-chan than the average Rocket fan so I've never given it that much thought... but I'm sure Kojiro would want to take it with him wherever he ended up settling!
I bring this up because I remembered that day in class DP 153 when Kojiro told Rumika "If you want to seperate, there will be no wedding. That made me wonder 'What if Kojiro couldn't find a way to have Gar-chan live with them when they've settled down?' Obviously there's more to like about Musashi than Rumika and I know Kojiro's now terrified of marriage but it couldn't make me help but wonder if no way to get Gar-chan would complicate things for Kojiro and Musashi's relationship.
Next time it appears I'd like to see it interact with Musashi & Nyasu a bit!
Agreed!
If you had to rate OS 16, 48, 52, hoso 13, DP 55, 117, 146, and XY 63, what order would you rate them and why?
I'm going to be working on a Rocketshippy project this weekend but I'm not sure when it'll be done.

Last edited:
the Victreebel episode
I prefer to believe that episode never happened.
Although I do remember tuning in to XY once after a while and I think somebody mistook Musashi for Rumika and gave her a whip.o_OWas that a nightmare sequence?
Haha noooo! That was just Musashi being Musashi and taking being bossy too seriously!
That made me wonder 'What if Kojiro couldn't find a way to have Gar-chan live with them when they've settled down?' Obviously there's more to like about Musashi than Rumika and I know Kojiro's now terrified of marriage but it couldn't make me help but wonder if no way to get Gar-chan would complicate things for Kojiro and Musashi's relationship.
I don't understand what possible barrier there would be for Musashi, Kojiro and Gaa-chan though? The issue was that Rumika hated the dog, Musashi has exhibited (nor would she) any such feeling.
If you had to rate OS 16, 48, 52, hoso 13, DP 55, 117, 146, and XY 63, what order would you rate them and why?
How can I even?! That is too hard! What is my ranking criteria?: objectively best shipping value or my favourite? :p
I'm going to be working on a Rocketshippy project this weekend but I'm not sure when it'll be done.
Cool sounds fun! Look forward to seeing the end result.

I prefer to believe that episode never happened.
Yeah. I really like to think now that episode was actually our first view of one of the alternate reality and Victreebel's real release was bittersweet for all three and for something the plant wanted besides eating/loving on Kojiro.
Haha noooo! That was just Musashi being Musashi and taking being bossy too seriously!
I'm going to need to find the subbed version now. The version I saw was the dub and now that I know what TPCI will do to her and Team Rocket if given the chance, I need to have an official version check. Hopefully not as bad as TPCI made it out to be. Of course I don't remember the dialogue. Edit: I just did. Not sure how to react...
I don't understand what possible barrier there would be for Musashi, Kojiro and Gaa-chan though? The issue was that Rumika hated the dog, Musashi has exhibited (nor would she) any such feeling.
Okay I'm starting to think my fear is probably very unlikely and if Kojiro chose to settle down with Musashi, I don't think he'd get depressed over not getting Gaa-chan to the point he'd shut her out.
objectively best shipping value or my favourite? :p
Preferably shipping value but personal favoritism, experiences or memories with the particular moment/episode can be a factor.

Last edited:
Shipping-wise?
8. DP 146 - good fun, cute hug, but Musashi had to push Kojiro into doing her a favour and in the end it was a celebration between the 3 of them.
7. DP 55 - lovely, but is it any more meaningful than good friends doing something for their friend in need? Bonus points for Kojiro recognising Musashi & 0 respect for personal space.
6. OS 52 - similar to 7., the gesture is lovely but is just an attempt to comfort a friend. +++ for Kojiro checking Musashi out & them being emperor/empress in their own set.
5. OS 16 - starting to veer into undeniably shippy territory, with the slap leading to a very tender moment where Musashi refuses to leave Kojiro to die.
4. OS 48 - you don't storyboard a scene like that into an episode about Kojiro rejecting his parents' forced marriage plans for "freedom" for nothing. Junki Takegami we know your intentions!!!!
3. DP 117 - Musashi would rather die with Kojiro, trying to save him; besides which they're 100% certain that they'll spend the afterlife (read: eternity) together. Confirmation that they are meant to be together forever, err hell yeah!
2. XY 63 - So, like, Kojiro loves Musashi but will let her go for her happiness? Oldest trope in the book. (In my book anyway) Kojiro has romantic feelings for Musashi, CONFIRMED.
1. Hoso - Adults only sexual tension, confirmed.

But my own personal order is dramatically different!
8. XY 63 - THEY DIDN'T EXCHANGE A SINGLE ****ING LINE OF DIALOGUE WITH EACH OTHER!! (Still an insightful & artistic episode.)
7. DP 55 - Not enough screen time!
6. DP 146 - Again, not enough screen time :p
5. OS 16 - I love watching the entire St Anne arc and this episode is the peak one, so many fantastic Rocket scenes and such pure and early-days Rocketshipping!
4. OS 48 - So much love, such fantastic comedy + the introduction of a hilarious cast of characters, and maybe the most romantic scene in Pokeani... ever? The reason it's not at the top for me is just because the others ever-so-slightly inch it out for me.
3. Hoso - First time I saw this episode (specifically the awkward fall bit) was the first ever time my heart beat to the tune of this ship. (Plus all the other stuff about how basically they are the only ones who fit for each other and ever will. I find Kojiro's promise to never run away from her incredibly romantic! I also find something new and amazing about this episode every time I watch it.)
2. OS 52 - This episode is second only because of the technicality that M/K have to share more screentime with the brats in this episode. The last scene of the episode turns me to mush every. damn. time.
1. DP 117 - An episode which is all but perfection. 99% Rocket screentime. More info about their past. Mandatory fear hug. Musashi & Kojiro get to spend A LOT of quality time alone together, where they do have to face some of the important questions, culminating in what they believed was their actual death, wherein they promised to meet up in heaven!!!!!

How about you?

Shipping-wise;
8. DP 55- It's cute but it's more friendshippy.

7. OS 52- It is more on the friendshippy side and there's the fact Musashi's loss could be considered a deus ex machina but I actually kind of appreciate the way the ending is set up. It's obvious Takegami wanted Musashi to win but the world just wasn't ready for a victory by the villains just yet so why not use the TRio to effectively portray a message of 'friendship is the real prize' or something along those lines...or maybe I'm overanalyzing this. Bonus points for Kojiro thinking Musashi looked lovely in the festival and her movements in this episode later inspiring his in the next episode,

6. DP 146- Musashi's happiness at the end!!!! I think Kojiro agrees with that but this episode is more friendshippy. That hug though!!!

5. Holy Matrimony-I put this one in the middle because some could argue this episode is actually very Anti-shippy with Musashi almost marrying Kojiro off to his worst nightmare but there's also a fair amount of arguments for Rocketshipping in it such as Musashi(and Nyasu)were probably intending to get him out of there as soon as they got the money,them seeing the error they made towards the end, and then there's that end scene where Kojiro literally sweeps Musashi off her feet, they stare in each other's eyes while they fly into the sunset as fanfare plays triumphantly.

4. OS 16- I think this may have been the first official Rocketshippy moment that wasn't a strange position or a hug. Seriously show someone who's never seen the show a snapshot of "The beautiful die young" scene and I'm willing to bet they'd think this show was a really serious, very emotional animated drama. And Musashi's "snap out of it! I won't leave you to die!" moment was one of our first hints this fiery "villianess" has a warm and gentle side to her. But you have to wonder how they got out of that ship.

3. XY 63- I feel as if White is to Musashi what Rose is to Kojiro, they brought in a COTD that has no prior relation to the TRio set up to act as a love interest to Musashi only with a bunch of romantic things. However Kojiro is undeniably upset that Musashi is in love with another man but decides to let her be happy and runs away crying. I have seen one argument against Kojiro's reaction but that person had to grasp at straws towards the end. And yeah the flashback's not the best but at least they bothered to include one.

2. Hoso 13- They aimed to show how Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyasu became partners and best friends and this episode makes you believe Musashi and Kojiro are more than that with the pitfall scene. I'd rate this higher except for the fact Takegami did retcon the bike gang and possibly Poketech(but I have a theory on that one).

1. DP 117- XY 63 may have expressed Kojiro romantically loves Musashi but this episode implied that really well first. Also with the latter, I've seen people say Musashi liking White means Rocketshipping is over or ever since the show's began I'm sure there's been many complaints that Musashi is too much of a you know what to be a good match for Kojiro. In this episode, Musashi almost got herself killed for Kojiro and wasn't even angry about it, she just hoped to see her beloved best friend in the afterlife! That says so much about their relationship I don't think I need to use words to describe it. Also there's two real Rocketshippers in this episode that aren't in Team Rocket.

Personally:
8. XY 63- I like this episode more than I let on but the first time I saw it, this episode was a troll for me(I thought Hoso 13,OS 16,20,and DP 117 were hints that Musashi liked Kojiro!)and I feel as if we should've seen some closure on Kojiro. A comment put it best "...Kojiro gets blasted off, almost loses the love of his life his best friend to another man,almost loses the remains of his team,and gets beaten badly." I want to see some closure for both of them that they'll be okay from this incident that isn't the next episode and it won't negatively impact their relationship. Just a little handhold and a meaningful eyelock would do! And I agree, I would've liked more dialogue between them.

7. DP 146- Kojiro takes care of a sick Musashi(and it's not done the Stun Spore Detour route:)), he dresses up as her for something that's important to her, defeats a twerp, and brings back a ribbon for a very grateful and happy Musashi. There does remain the fact he didn't do it on his own accord but we're not shown how Musashi finally got him to do it. Did he say no and did she try to go to the contest until he caved in, did she give him the Gardie eyes?

6. DP 54- It is in the end a lot more friendshippy but there's no denying Musashi's concerned about Kojiro to the point she decides to steal Pokemon for him and the TRio's reunion at the end it very sweet. Paraphrasing what was said by Noazomi in the dub "We're all touched!"

5. OS 48- That ending's literally the Rocket equivalent of a fairy tale if you think about it except they leave their talking cat behind and people are in danger from the episode's antagonist.

4. OS 52- As I stated in the shipping portion, even if it wasn't intentional I love how the ending is both sweet and shows a very good message without being overbearing.

3. OS 16- I love moments when Musashi shows her softer side so this episode has that as a big bonus. Even the dub takes the moments seriously with "Jessica."(And Stuart does prove he can act serious.) By the way, has Musashi ever been called 'Musa' by him or somebody?

2. Hoso 13- This one is second because I've only ever seen the dub but I can't find the subbed version and I got from the last thread the dub isn't as shippy. I do know the changes done to the campfire scene and I've realized after Movie 8, Stuart isn't the best actor. Funny story, the first time I saw this episode I thought the way they landed was a reference to 'The Lion King. It wasn't until later when I was looking up why the film got away with a G rating(unrelated story) that I learned there was a lot of controversy about that position they got in. Now I get it but I still have to wonder why Pokemon never got complaints.:p

1. DP 117- Most of my reasoning is in the shipping portion with one other; with most couples I'd seen prior to this episode the boy saves the girl! This was the first time I saw it the other way around and I really liked that. I'd realized these characters were special in Movie 3 but now it really hit me how different they were from other characters I'd seen prior from being the villains who would save the main hero from falling to actually being funny to having a strong yet unique relationship to just being a lovable trio of characters I love so much!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom