• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Ooooooooh, thanks guys, really interesting! I mulled over your messages last night and was shocked by how much my own feelings have changed on the subject over the years.

When she's really realistic about things, I think she sees it as a form of stability-- a guarantee that a person will always be there, which is something she feels she's lacked in her life.
I used to be vehemently pro them getting married as a teenager - because I identified most with Musashi, I wanted what she wanted for herself. The way I saw it, her happy ending had to involve a wedding. I used to feel that Musashi's compromise would be to not live out her fantasy with a tall, dark doctor and Kojirou's would be to get married.

As you say, in reality this is just her idea of guaranteeing that she has someone who loves her and won't leave her.

[Insert ironic pause]
I think that if the dynamic duo ever did get together, it would take some serious convincing on Jessie's part to show James that he can be in a committed, documented, official relationship without it being used as a tool to control and dominate him.
Kojirou has been breaking out of this piece by piece since the Hoso. As they are right now, I actually think he would be in a place to commit himself to her forever (maybe internally already has), but the hoopla that comes with marriage... I agree - I'm not so sure he'd be up for that.

But in real life, why would he need to be?

Musashi, while closer than ever to her best friend and more trusting of him, still seems to see him as just that
I'd like to think that if they ever became romantically involved, Musashi would finally have the sense to put her wedding fantasies to bed, knowing that Kojirou is fully committed without needing a certificate to prove it. That being said, in the real, real world where Pokeani is a tv show for kids made in Japan, I don't think they'd be allowed to get away with being an unmarried couple without making it official, so I don't know!!

(As an aside, I would have enjoyed if either/both had overreacted to Kukui/Burnet's wedding but both were actually very low key - I am taking this as a victory for how much they have mellowed over the course of the series.)

I'd like to think that if they ever became romantically involved, Musashi would finally have the sense to put her wedding fantasies to bed, knowing that Kojirou is fully committed without needing a certificate to prove it.
Same here.
(As an aside, I would have enjoyed if either/both had overreacted to Kukui/Burnet's wedding but both were actually very low key
Was Rumika mentioned at all just out of curiosity?

Was Rumika mentioned at all just out of curiosity?
Not at all. It was a very brief scene:
Hidoide all excited.
Nyasu: Oooh look wedding.
Musashi: Not interested.
Kojirou: Let's go.
Hidoide:
tumblr_p1b5ocuKh31s3at53o4_1280.jpg

Kojirou: LET'S GO.

Next Rocket ep is whennnnnnn?! So tired of them appearing for bit-part scenes like this/not at all (haven't yet recovered from Akala...)

I'm not really sure what Matsui's plans for the TRio are. Under Tomioka's direction, like it or not, they at least had their stories and roles in other characters'. Right now I feel like their characterisations are as good as they've been for so many years but their interactions with the outside world are totally stifled by Kiteruguma.

Anyone wanna place any further bets on what our Rocketshippy moment of the series might entail?

ETA:
Omg I found this perfectly on theme video edit just now!

Last edited:
Nyasu: Oooh look wedding.
Musashi: Not interested.
Kojirou: Let's go.
Interesting.
And aww Hidoide!
Next Rocket ep is whennnnnnn?! So tired of them appearing for bit-part scenes like this/not at all (haven't yet recovered from Akala...)
Given how Alola's treated us so far, I'm sure we're going to get a Rocket episode once the pacing settles down.(Well not sure but I'm optimistic)
Anyone wanna place any further bets on what our Rocketshippy moment of the series might entail?
I have a few small ones in mind;
One day while Kojiro's organizing his bottlecaps, Kiteruguma finds a tree with a sign advertising a bottle cap hunt. The prize; a treasure chest. Kojiro eagerly asks Musashi and Nyasu to help him in the hunt.*Insert hijinks/possible Rocketshippy moments here* Team Rocket win a chest full of bottle caps. Kojiro thanks Musashi and gives her some of the bottle caps he found.
Rumika returns
(I'm usually against remakes but when I read Salazzle's entry, this episode came to mind.) Musashi and Hidoide team up to rescue Kojiro from the Salazzle or Kojiro is immune to the effects thanks to his feelings for Musashi
So far Kojiro protecting Musashi from the Totem Ratta is my big Rocketshipping moment for this series:D
Omg I found this perfectly on theme video edit just now!
I love that video.

Last edited:
So far Kojiro protecting Musashi from the Totem Ratta is my big Rocketshipping moment for this series:D
Aww yeah, that was awesome! My favourite moment so far is probably Kojirou's throwaway "Musashi would have laughed" line in the Mimikyu episode!

Anyway, Merry Christmas!!
To celebrate I'm giving you guys a cheap, recycled present :p Here's an old bit of Christmassy fanart I drew yonks ago:
6c4Npi8.png

Hope you have a wonderful festive period! Wonder what the Rockets would be getting up to for Christmas... ;)

That's adorable! You're an excellent drawer.

Merry Christmas. Your present is a surprise.

I imagine the Rockets have gotten each other, their Pokemon, and Kiteruguma a little something and Kiteruguma has something for them.

Thanks, guys! I would have entered it in one of the contests, but I didn't read about the contests until after I had already posted it on AO3. :oops:

So, I've been away from the fandom for a long, long time. Like, I think the last time I watched a full series of Pokemon was back in Johto.
I have watched a few of the Rocketshippy episodes I could find (like "Dressed for Jess Success," "Sweet Baby James," and "Party Dancecapades"), but that is far from being totally caught up on all the adorable goodness.
Since I figure that you guys are probably the experts on the topic, I'd like to get your opinions on what episodes are the must-see episodes for a Rocketshipper.

Thanks, guys! I would have entered it in one of the contests, but I didn't read about the contests until after I had already posted it on AO3. :oops:
Ah that's a shame as it would have been a lovely entry!
I have watched a few of the Rocketshippy episodes I could find (like "Dressed for Jess Success," "Sweet Baby James," and "Party Dancecapades"), but that is far from being totally caught up on all the adorable goodness.
Omg, especially as 2/3 that you mentioned are far from being great Rocketshipping episodes!! :eek:

I would hardly call myself an expert, but off the top of my head here are a few obvious ones to start with:
- Chronicle's episode Training Daze
- AG 72
- AG 177
- DP 55
- DP 117 (watch the sub if you haven't yet seen it!)
- DP 153
- This radio drama skit
- XY 63
- XY 124
- Movies 6, 8, 17 & 19 all have bits and pieces but Movie 8 especially

I'd also strongly recommend seeing the original (subs widely available for second half of DP onwards) as the characters are a whole nicer to each other than in the English dub!

DP 117. Jessie and Meowth leave to pursue different careers. James, heartbroken, tries to bring them back by trying to catch a dangerous Metagross. Jessie comes back to save him from a Metagross, not caring if she dies in he process.
"If there's a world after we die,let's meet again there."

Oh wait. ii kanji's already beat me to it.
ii kanji has the greatest ones. I might add in SM 25(subbed) and SM 38 for two small but adorable Rocketshippy moments in great Rocket episodes.
:cry:AWW! I have heard of this but this is the first time I've seen it.

Last edited:
:cry:AWW! I have heard of this but this is the first time I've seen it.
It used to be insanely difficult to find!
Isn't it amazing?! Hasn't it changed your life?!

The background (for anyone who isn't aware) was that the seiyuus stayed in-character throughout the show so that it was hosted by the "characters" themselves (not just the actors). So this scene is acted out by Musashi and Kojirou who are acting as made-up characters Jessie and James :p

(The best part is that at the end of the series, Musashi said that this was her favourite skit!)

I've watched more that I remember! Once I started looking up some of those recommended episodes on Bulbapedia, I remembered more of them. It's been a while since I watched Noodles! Roamin' Off and Training Daze, though, so...I'll have to watch them again. A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways!, though...I've watched it about 4 times in the past few weeks.

And the radio drama is fantastic! I found it when I was on YouTube looking for Rocketshipping compilations and AMVs.

I've watched more that I remember!
It's a bit pathetic how short the list reads when it's put like that huh?... I suppose the thing is that there are a ton of other really good Rocket episodes, and another ton of cute little moments scattered in random episodes so let us know once you've worked through this if you want some less high yield stuff!
A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways!, though...I've watched it about 4 times in the past few weeks.
Ha ha! What are your thoughts about this episode?
I found it when I was on YouTube looking for Rocketshipping compilations and AMVs.
Did you find any really good ones? I have a few faves which are quite old now but a lot of new ones just seem to be flashy fanart compilations (which nice though they are don't carry the same weight afaic as a proper AMV...)
Actually it's kind of creepy that I had a dream much like this once minus the UFO.
I have had so many fantasies along those lines myself :p

Ha ha! What are your thoughts about this episode?
First off, the thing that I've thought every time I watch it is that Jessie looks beautiful in the outfit the doc gives her and with her hair up. I mean, I even included a throwaway line in my fic where she's putting her hair up in a bun because I loved the way it looked so much.
Now, for substance, I've seen the scene in both sub and dub and I honestly loved them both. The dub seemed more...friendshippy compared to the original, which seemed a lot more...like Kojiro had romantic feelings for Musashi. Either way, though, it's just nice to see the closeness of the Rockets being acknowledged.
I would love to see some fanfic based around what happened after she returned to the Trio, maybe something introspective with James/Kojiro trying to reconcile how upset he was about Jessie/Musashi leaving with his insistence that they're nothing more than friends.

Did you find any really good ones? I have a few faves which are quite old now but a lot of new ones just seem to be flashy fanart compilations (which nice though they are don't carry the same weight afaic as a proper AMV...)
I'll have to go back and dig some more. It does seem like there are mostly fanart compilation videos and I totally agree that they are nice, but aren't quite the same as a good old fashioned AMV. I remember watching some great Digimon videos back in the glory days of the AMV. Alas! They are no more.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom