1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.
  2. Bring your favorite pen to write your shipper heart out for Shippers' Paradise's first Short Story and Poetry Competition! Find the rules and further information in this thread
  3. Maniacal Engineer stopped being lazy and finally made a third episode of Bulbacast BTS. You can watch it right here.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Discussion in 'Shippers' Paradise' started by Musashi, Mar 15, 2010.

1. RiverStyx2010

RiverStyx2010 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Honestly, I feel that way sometimes too.

But I really hope the creators tune into this majority of the fandom and not those 20+ people who think they have control over the show because, and I quote, "i am a inportnat menmber of this comuntity to dont be maen " (That is almost literally what I see on the comment section of anything that has to do with Pokemon)

Anyways, question time! What is your least favorite ship involving Team Rocket? (And anyone answering, please don't put fanart of that ship, it disturbs me:()

2. ii kanji

ii kanji 20+ years of this and that

Blog Posts:
    *le sigh*

I still can't quite believe they gave us a scene of Musashi hunched over his body in worry!!! :love: It's, like, every shipper's fantasy!
    Omg that was so nice to read! Definitely gave me that warm, fuzzy, familiar feeling of "oh yeah, that's why I love this ship" :)
    I also really wanna go through all of TV Tropes shipping tropes and list aaaaaallllll the Rocketshipping ones lol.
    Easy peasy: absolutely none. Because, apart from Rocketshipping, no other ship involving the TRio has any potential so I don't get bothered about them!

TRNatalie likes this.
  3. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    Made another cheeky little AMV ;)

TRNatalie likes this.
  4. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ii kanji likes this.
  5. RiverStyx2010

RiverStyx2010 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Don't you guys hate it when people assume that Jessie/Musashi and James/Kojiro are siblings and call Rocketshippers "sick" for shipping them together?

6. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    Today's episode well worth watching for
    a top notch fearhug.

Honestly, I have never experienced this, and I find it hard to even be bothered by the notion - we have good evidence that they have different parents for a start :p

TRNatalie likes this.
  7. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    I've seen that happen but I've never experienced it. That has to be an awkward situation when they find out the truth.
    Ooh!!!

8. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    Holy moly guacamole on a jam roly-poly did my heart stop when I saw this:

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/979343610675044352

And then stopped AGAIN when I Google Translated it because Iwane tells us that whilst he doesn't know who animated that awesome Kojirou/Rumika action scene, he was in charge of everything from Musashi and Nyasu walking away till the end of the episode.

Aka. this:
    [​IMG]

In other words...
    (And I don't mean to exaggerate when I say this because it's absolutely true...)

The most prolific and well-regarded Pokeani animation director drew, remembers and still considers important enough to tweet about 20 years later one of the KEY Rocketshipping scenes in the show's history.

:X3::love::cry:

Poke Trey and TRNatalie like this.
  9. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    When I read your post, my mouth dropped for a good fifteen seconds and then I (almost) screamed. THAT IS AWESOME!! :love::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!

Also I was thinking a lot this week on how this July will mark the 20th anniversary of "Kojiro and Gardie". I wonder if anything more related to that episode will come up because so far this is a great anniversary.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  10. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad I could share my elation with you Natalie!! Here's something else I wanted to share, hope it's of some enjoyment to you!:

I really hope you're right, and come on, Rumika basically needs to just return :p There is a precedent for them marking this anniversary in that the TRio wore those black stagehand costumes in DP 131 which aired on June 11th 2009, exactly 11 years after the original airing. Unfortunately 11/6 is a Monday this year but I still see a potential for them to do something around that time, maybe even on the 7th or 14th?

TRNatalie likes this.
  11. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    I finished watching it a third time and I still have a smile on my face. *Squees* Thank you!

Also for some reason, I read the date on the ep's page as July 11th... Yeah the way her last episode ended really gave me the impression that wasn't the last time the TRio saw her.
    I hope something happens around June.

Maybe on June 11th we could celebrate the anniversary here.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  12. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad you liked it! Even though the scene is amazing anyway in the dub, I just think it's that much more amazing in the original because Musashi doesn't even try to disguise the fact that she couldn't care less about the money but that she's just happy that he came back.

When I was trying to find the dub on YouTube for comparison, I stumbled onto some kind of review video which criticised the episode for not providing any closure for Kojirou's parents or Rumika. However, I think they have left it open ended intentionally because I doubt they want to resolve that "story" so that there is an option to bring them back and remind the viewers about Kojirou's past/so that Kojirou can't just go home.

I would love to celebrate the anniversary on June 11th :) Any ideas for what we might do?
    (It's a while away but I might need that much time to rustle something up lol!)

Btw, given that we've had a new Rocket ep every 10-20 episodes, I reckon we can start looking out for a new title from the next batch in May. I'd say an early June treat is quite feasible!!

13. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    I'm honestly torn on which one I like more! Jessie's laugh in the dub is so cute but Musashi's so happy Kojiro's come back to her in the original!

I think I know what review you're talking about. I think it may have had more to do with the fact that the writers set them up to be recurring characters but they only appear one time after Holy Matrimony. I personally feel the ending ended perfectly in that regard. It left off open ended but how will Rumika find Kojiro if he's traveling on hot air balloon as far away as possible from the mansion with no intention of going back, especially when the brats she's chasing remember to tell Pikachu to use Thunderbolt?

The biggest idea I have at the moment is talking about how much Musashi and Kojiro's relationship has grown since that episode and what the episode did for the rockets.
    We could also create things(like art, stories, etc) based off the episode, the characters, or scenarios it allowed us to come up with.
    Do you have any ideas?

Yay! I'm happy that we're getting so many Rocket eps this generation but I hope it doesn't mean that rumor I heard about might come true.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  14. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    So we've got a new episode coming up! Tbh I'm not expecting anything shippy from a plot driven episode like this, but then again we did get that Kojirou jumping in front of Musashi scene in the TR vs TS episode so who knows! I guess the May 3rd date makes an early June Rocket character episode much more unlikely, but tbh I'm right now too happy to be getting another episode within the next month to mind :p Of interest (although of no consequence I'm sure), DP 73 was also a Rocket episode - the Dokucale release one!

I wouldn't take it too seriously. This rumour has been kicking about since DP (at least) and Dogasu is paranoid before the start of every new series!

TRNatalie likes this.
  15. RiverStyx2010

RiverStyx2010 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm a little psyched for the new movie now now that I've seen this

Screenshot (1438).png

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    ii kanji and TRNatalie like this.
  16. RiverStyx2010

RiverStyx2010 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well this just ruined my day. I'll just leave this here (I'm sure everyone else knows about this but me)

tumblr_p6xq1nNGzL1vi16kro1_1280.jpg

17. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    Lol what?

I'll check out the page but part of me's saying don't trust this.

Edit: I just checked out the page. Considering how the Jessie and James pages fall into the trap of 'James the Saint, Jessie the Demon', I wouldn't trust it.(Seriously the page makes it out as if Jessie's an abusive trainer and ignores that she's made sacrifices for James, Meowth, and only briefly mentions some of the ones she's done for her Pokemon! I know he's a sweet man but that doesn't mean you have to make Jessie look bad. Sorry things like that make me angry.)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. RiverStyx2010

RiverStyx2010 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. I really don't trust the Pokemon Wiki website. I think that Bulbapedia is a much more reliable source and it says nothing about this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this goes.

19. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    Whoops! I was so focused on the unconfirmed fiancee, I forgot to talk about this.
    They look great!
    Okay I know from ii kanji there was little to no one Rockets in the last movie and with the large cast size, I get the feeling their screentime will be more or less like the last so I'm not expecting much Rocketshipping in the movie. That said, a little part of me is hoping for them to touch at least once in fear.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  20. RiverStyx2010

RiverStyx2010 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. That's kind of been on my mind a lot too. :p I'm not exactly concerned about it, but I am a little nervous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.