• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Kids, watch today's episode.

The scene where Musashi gets possessed by Gangar is taken totally seriously by Kojirou with:
a. the camera zooming in on his face four times to show various worried expressions
b. he shakes Hidoide off without letting himself get poisoned à la Sabonea in M8
c. he asks Hidoide to attack her "gently"
d. the way he runs towards her and asks if she's ok & says her name *dies*

Also, just before the Z move, Musashi says "We're counting on you, Kojirou" in a way that is so to my taste :love:

Sorry about how late this reply is. I needed to figure out my thoughts on something that happened last episode.
That scene where Musashi got possessed...Kojiro saving her...
d. the way he runs towards her and asks if she's ok & says her name *dies*
:love::love::love::love::love::love:*Dies*

I don't know why but what I can't get over is how Hidoide is reacted to it. Once she realizes what's going on, she seems so concerned about Musashi during the whole thing (and I think she may have had the idea to attack Musashi first but she seemed reluctant to act on it
19493-b9a3cb2fb68e66141393ef88a81c4725.jpg
which brings up things I won't get into as they're probably quite offtopic(plus I'm not too sure about this yet). The thing I will say about them is that they're positive for Rocketshipping) Musashi and Hidoide definitely have a small friendship and I just love that! And it's a very good thing for Rocketshipping.

Also, just before the Z move, Musashi says "We're counting on you, Kojirou" in a way that is so to my taste :love:
The amount of character growth and development in their relationship and trust in that line is just...ahh I love it!

Last edited:
Musashi and Hidoide definitely have a small friendship and I just love that!
Yes, omg, me too!! They haven't done much together but their dynamic hits the sweet spot. The last of Kojirou's pokemon with whom Musashi had a good relationship was Manene because she babied it. That wouldn't work here because Hidoide is a girl who knows her own mind, so they have a friends-who-bicker-but-actually-really-care-about-each-other vibe instead.

E.g. Musashi backed Hidoide vs Kojirou in the Hidoide episode
E.g. Hidoide openly slapped Musashi for that cream puff and Musashi lost it until she realised Hidoide had learnt a new move when she immediately switched
E.g. It was clearly Hidoide's idea on how to save Musashi

Ugh, like, this sisterly friendship is such a good vibe for a girl who is madly in love with Kojirou but can never be with him and the girl who Kojirou is madly in love with who is meant to be with him :love:

Manene because she babied it.
I mean their relationship was cute but I wasn't a big fan. I really like the Mareanie relationship though, the story behind it is really nice. Even though it isn't actually romantic, I think it works well.

My favourite is James and Cacnea though ;)

Hey Nat your pics aren't showing up for me? (Not that I need to see anymore pics of that scene I shouldn't think :p)

Yes, omg, me too!! They haven't done much together but their dynamic hits the sweet spot. The last of Kojirou's pokemon with whom Musashi had a good relationship was Manene because she babied it. That wouldn't work here because Hidoide is a girl who knows her own mind, so they have a friends-who-bicker-but-actually-really-care-about-each-other vibe instead.

E.g. Musashi backed Hidoide vs Kojirou in the Hidoide episode
E.g. Hidoide openly slapped Musashi for that cream puff and Musashi lost it until she realised Hidoide had learnt a new move when she immediately switched
E.g. It was clearly Hidoide's idea on how to save Musashi

Ugh, like, this sisterly friendship is such a good vibe for a girl who is madly in love with Kojirou but can never be with him and the girl who Kojirou is madly in love with who is meant to be with him :love:
But ... precisely ... Regarding the relationship of Musashi and Hidoide ... Hidoide is very jealous of her eventual romantic rivals ... Maybe she does not consider Musashi for a threat because for the moment Musashi is not attracted romantically by Kojiro (because she looks at the other boys: Steven Stone, dr White, Olu'Olu ...)

Last edited:
Hidoide is very jealous of her eventual romantic rivals ...
Like who though? Hidoide has been shown to be possessive but she doesn't have a romantic rival because Kojirou doesn't have even a single love interest since Hoso Rose... So I'm not really sure what you mean Jez? Do you think their current relationship is good or you want Hidoide to be openly jealous of her or something else?

In that context, the best framed scene in this episode for irony was this one:
1zs7dN.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

In any case Musashi's relationship with Kojirou transcends bullshit romantic notions and is therefore not up for discussion. (To the point that in fact when that Twitter was still ongoing, Kojirou shut down the question "Musashi is cute! Didn't you fall in love with her being together all this time?" with the response "That's why she's my eternal partner!")

I speak badly in English sorry... but I wanted to evoke the jealousy demonstrated by Mareanie during this scene of attempt to catch Frillish.

I know this adorable tweet from Kojiro of the twitter of the radio show since 2012.

Even if "eternal partner" can be interpreted in both directions as "work partner" or "romantic partner" it is SO obvious to me that Kojiro feels more than friendly feelings for Musashi (he is in love it is clear as crystal) but I wanted to say that currently Kojiro seems to be in the "friendzone" only because Musashi did not... not yet, open the eyes to Kojiro as more than a friend (but one day she will realize..) and maybe that's why Mareanie is not jealous of Musashi for the moment. I wonder if she would act differently if Musashi and Kojiro both became to be more than best friends. Would she be sad? Jealous? Or would she agree for this relationship ?

So I'm not really sure what you mean Jez? Do you think their current relationship is good or you want Hidoide to be openly jealous of her or something else?

I do not want Hidoide to be jealous of Musashi but I do not really know how I interpret their relationship for the moment. They are really NOT enemies at all but do not seem particularly close to me either. I think Hidoide appreciates Musashi just like every member of the team. Like a teamate and the best friend of Kojiro but I regret that they (Musashi/Hidoide) do not have a really concrete interaction for the moment

Last edited:
They are really NOT enemies at all but do not seem particularly close to me either. I think Hidoide appreciates Musashi just like every member of the team
I haven't really sensed those feelings in the anime really and in my opinion, I don't think the anime has given them the chance to explore this issue as the last episode was just about James and Mareanie's relationship and didn't include much input from Jessie.

maybe that's why Mareanie is not jealous of Musashi for the moment. I wonder if she would act differently if Musashi and Kojiro both became more than friends. Would she be sad? Jealous? Or would she agree to share the one she loves?
I wondered the same thing before SM 58 aired and I considered the possibility of Hidoide simply not seeing her as a romantic rival after that episode. The moment that confirmed the small friendship and answered those questions for me was the scene when Musashi got possessed in SM 73.

The second Hidoide lays eyes on her, she gets genuinely concerned. When the scene cuts back to her, she's looking back at Kojiro with an idea (to attack Musashi in order to get Gengar out) but she seems almost hesitant to do it. I might be wrong on this but I think this is the first time she's hesitated on doing an attack. When Kojiro had his eyes on Frillish, she attacked it almost instantly. When Toxapex displayed interest for Kojiro, she went chasing after him. When Musashi tried to eat Kojiro's cream puff and Hidoide felt Kojiro was in need of her, Hidoide didn't hesitate but now she does. It's only when Kojiro tells her to use Knock Off, she attacks.

I think Hidoide's aware of how much Kojiro cares for Musashi and therefore, while she would be sad if Kojiro and Musashi ever got together, I think she would want Kojiro to be with who makes him happy.

I haven't really sensed those feelings in the anime really and in my opinion, I don't think the anime has given them the chance to explore this issue as the last episode was just about James and Mareanie's relationship and didn't include much input from Jessie.
Having watched both, I feel as if it's worth mentioning that Jessie and Mareanie's friendship is a little less noticeable in the dub than it was in the Japanese version, at least while I was watching it. The dub changed Mareanie's line to she can't let female Pokemon get close to James instead of any woman. While Jessie and Musashi both take Mareanie/Hidoide's side when James/Kojiro accidentally makes her cry, after hearing the backstory with Toxapex/Dohidoide, Musashi resents Dohidoide for breaking Hidoide's heart until maybe the second half of the ep while Jessie instantly ponders if Toxapex's side of the story is true. Still the dub was pretty good.
I can see where both of you are coming from though. I'd love if they gave us more interactions between Jessie and Mareanie but the ones we have now are good.

I think Hidoide appreciates Musashi just like every member of the team. Like a teamate and the best friend of Kojiro
That's kind of how I feel about it and I feel like that's a pretty good sign though. The writers and animators could have had Hidoide react with jealousy around Musashi but they chose for her to like Musashi to the point where she comes up with how to save Musashi when she got possessed.

Last edited:
I can see where both of you are coming from though. I'd love if they gave us more interactions between Jessie and Mareanie but the ones we have now are good.
They are pretty good right now but we need to see much more. There was some interaction with Jessie and Mimikyu but this needs to be ramped up. I loved the days of Ekans and Koffing tbh :p

I speak badly in English sorry... but I wanted to evoke the jealousy demonstrated by Mareanie during this scene of attempt to catch Frillish.
Ah sorry, I understand what you meant now!
I wanted to say that currently Kojiro seems to be in the "friendzone" only because Musashi did not... not yet, open the eyes to Kojiro as more than a friend (but one day she will realize..) and maybe that's why Mareanie is not jealous of Musashi for the moment. I wonder if she would act differently if Musashi and Kojiro both became to be more than best friends. Would she be sad? Jealous? Or would she agree for this relationship ?
Yes, definitely he is in the friendzone for now. That's a pretty interesting question though, that I never thought about (as I honestly never would expect for such a thing to happen whilst Hidoide remains on the cast :p) I honestly can't decide how she'd react! SM 58 was a really great episode but I still think they missed a trick by not acknowledging that Kojirou and Hidoide can never actually be in a relationship!!
The second Hidoide lays eyes on her, she gets genuinely concerned. When the scene cuts back to her, she's looking back at Kojiro with an idea (to attack Musashi in order to get Gengar out) but she seems almost hesitant to do it. I might be wrong on this but I think this is the first time she's hesitated on doing an attack. When Kojiro had his eyes on Frillish, she attacked it almost instantly. When Toxapex displayed interest for Kojiro, she went chasing after him. When Musashi tried to eat Kojiro's cream puff and Hidoide felt Kojiro was in need of her, Hidoide didn't hesitate but now she does. It's only when Kojiro tells her to use Knock Off, she attacks.
Ooh that's really interesting! I never noticed that before, nice one.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom