• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Rocketshipping General Discussion

misses Alola
Reaction score
Didn't Kojirou's va mention that they might bring back fun stuff like crossdressing in this new series in those quotes that they posted on the Anipoke twitter just a while back? Maybe they're taking inspiration from the OS? The new motto gives off vibes from those days.

Loved that this artist noticed the hand hold too :bulbaLove:
View: http://twitter.com/yoshiiiika/status/1193534643896606720

Last edited:
織田信長☆FAN
Reaction score
Although I'm not one to see things through a straight lens when it comes to shipping, I am in COMPLETE support of this pairing. I've been a fan of Rocketshipping since the series' start and I am convinced these two are made for each other. :bulbaLove: They perfectly complement one another and their chemistry and shared struggles are what makes James/Jesse not only compelling, but an enjoyable pair to advocate. Rocketshipping or bust!

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Happy New Year team! I have a present for you all...

@TRNatalie and I have been industriously working on improving the Rocketshipping page on Bulbapedia for 2 whole years and I am proud to say that I now think it is usable! It is comprehensive enough to add value without being monstrously big. Anyone who has opened that page between 2012-2020 can probably appreciate that this is an achievement!

Be keen to hear any feedback! (I mean, obviously it's a wiki so you can feel free to make any necessary changes yourselves... As long as you don't wreck my work, in which case I will come for you Musashi vs Habunake style...)

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
The camera paused for so long on that image of their hands held above them as well!

Whatever other complaints we might have, PM has certainly been good for physical contact so far... I await their first episode with baited breath!

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Just gonna leave this here:

Also I’m so glad they haven’t tried resetting their personalities/dynamics so we get that lovely affectionate exasperation from Kojiro when Musashi talks about Daisocks and he’s allowed to call her out for her poor throw (which pre-XY would never have happened) :bulbaLove: It’s the little things...

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
The ratio of touching:appearances is staggeringly high.
Counting the stock motto footage only once, it comes out at 4:7!! More than 50%!

Considering that the amount of physical contact they have plummeted during Johto, you know, 20 years ago (!), this seems unlikely to be a coincidence. I wonder whose directive it is to make them a bit touchy-feely again and why? And who is sneaking it into the episodes if it isn't a central decision? The script writer? Storyboarder? AD?

Reaction score
The ratio of touching:appearances is staggeringly high.
Counting the stock motto footage only once, it comes out at 4:7!! More than 50%!

Considering that the amount of physical contact they have plummeted during Johto, you know, 20 years ago (!), this seems unlikely to be a coincidence. I wonder whose directive it is to make them a bit touchy-feely again and why? And who is sneaking it into the episodes if it isn't a central decision? The script writer? Storyboarder? AD?
I'm wondering the same thing! I feel like they're trying to tell us something, maybe? Hopefully? Lol. Also, next week appears to be the first TR focused episode which is what we've been waiting for! I'm excited to see how it plays out :bulbaLove: