• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

What about DP142? And he started being all awesome even before that...

Ok, I forgot about that. My mind was just thinking about how Yonemura seems to be a Rocket fan all of a sudden. I really wasn't expecting the Shami episode to be about them so much.

What I wouldn't give to be at one of those writers meetings...

But it isn't going to be Musashi's 5th ribbon, right? o.o

Probably not, but we can't be 100% sure.

Kojiro didn't mind her using Manene before, moreover, he was all "I'm counting on you, Manene" so I think it's gonna be the same...

I was just questioning his reaction since Tomioka isn't writing. It's interesting to see how each writer portrays them in these types of situations.

The next thing that make me surprised about today's episodes were also how Kantoish they felt when it comes to Team Rocket. They were evil and menacing and TOTALLY concentrated about catching pokemon of the day. It's quite unusual since we know how many other activities distract them from their main job these days. It seems to me like the writers are aware now that TRio is going to care more on something else soon, so they're writing such episodes to make up in advance for lack of Team Rocket activity in future episodes... or something xD;

I was thinking something similar. It was kinda strange (in a good way) to see them acting all evil. It may just be for that very reason.

But how would you explain the infamous scene from Chirin episode, then? So he hates Musashi, too?

He assumed Musashi would just be more controlling if they got married. But AG Musashi/Kojiro is not DP Musashi/Kojiro, and thankfully AG Oohashi is not DP Oohashi. I really don't think we need to look into it too much.

But tbh, I haven't seen any trace of gamophobia in DP153. Sure, he detested Rumika, but that's just it.

Which is why I'm hoping its been retconed. :-D

Maybe it's not the marriage he's afraid of, but rather, the lack of freedom. He's simply afraid of being controlled. It makes sense, since we all know how his childhood looked like.

I think that's it exactly.

Now that I think of it, it's funny how he started to hate Rumika he was in love with once she started to boss him around since Musashi didn't act any better at times (thankfully, she isn't like that anymore). Her orders sometimes really made him unhappy and yet, hewas still friends with her. I wonder why... Just don't tell me he was more assertive as a kid xD;

Part of it might be because Musashi has shown she cares about him. Rumika interrupted what I'm sure was a very cute proposal by Kojiro just to say "Yeah yeah we're getting married. Now I want you to get rid of your Pokemon and do this this and this." If Rumika had shown that she cared for Kojiro's feelings even a little, I'm not sure we'd be discussing this today.

No, we're referring to gamophobia, fear of marriage.

And to answer KojiMusa's question, no, I also believe he isn't afraid of that. He just has bad memories of Rumika that scare him, but once she's out of the picture/he falls in love with Musashi, i don't think he'll be scared of marrying her.

Yeah, I agree with this, I don't think it's marriage that he's afraid of, he just hates Rumika. He wanted to be with her in DP153 until he saw that she was crazy.

Maybe it's not the marriage he's afraid of, but rather, the lack of freedom. He's simply afraid of being controlled. It makes sense, since we all know how his childhood looked like.

Yep, that sums up my thoughts perfectly :)

I personally can't see (or don't want to) Kojiro and Musashi married with children, so I don't mind thinking he is still gamophobic no matter what, haha. I think they will continue their adventures until they get really old, so they don't have time to settle down (I used to prefer them settling down, but I like this option too).

Awwwww, maybe I'm a traditionalist but I like the idea of them getting married and having kids. But I don't see that happening in the anime, or even at all. It might even be OOC for them to settle into a traditional lifestyle since they like to be different. But as long as they get together, I don't really care what they do lol

So wow, I subscribed to this thread by email and I don't get any emails about it! Thank you, Bulbagarden, for being so helpful. Gragh, I knew it was suspicious to not get an email for, like, a week. Now I gotta catch up and deal with Bulbagarden's ugly new layout [no offense to anyone, but it's just harder to read everything].

I've also been sitting on this theory as to why Giovanni hasn't fired the team yet. It's not really rocketshippy so I'm not sure if I can talk about it here but I'd rather discuss it with like minded individuals.

This reminds me, when's the last time Team Rocket [besides our trio] has been seen or heard from on the show? Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyasu are spending all their time in Sinnoh trying to take over [well, sort of] but I don't remember the last time we saw the boss outside of a flashback.

How do you think Musashi and Kojiro currently view their relationship with each other?

I'm gonna accidentally start with Kanto!Rocketshipping, just 'cause that's what I'm used to...but back then I always said "Jessie appreciates James a lot more than he appreciates her." And I meant that James was so turned-off [/not the right phrase] by Jessie's abusive behavior that he avoided thinking of his and her relationship in any way other than platonic. But at the same time Jessie suppressed any thoughts of a serious romantic relationship with anyone because of her past heartbreaks, but she still couldn't help but be touched by how James didn't leave her no matter what she did. I don't know the original title but I always thought the episode "Bad to the Bone" was like Jessie testing her friendship with James and Meowth. She's always been a good actress so I guess that's just speculation -3-

AND THENNN AG which I haven't watched and now DP...I think Musashi's too distracted by her contests to think about romance. Besides DP073, I don't remember the last time she's referenced romance or relationships. Kojiro, on the other hand...I don't think he's realizing his love for her yet [;D] but I think he's slowly coming to the realization that he cares about her more than as just a friend. Especially now that she's calmed down since Kanto so long ago, with the face he fell in love with way-back-when, but a much nicer and more compatible personality, how could he not start to think?

Btw, it looks like Musashi being in charge of the team isn't canon anymore. Her place has been definitely taken but Kojiro.

I'd been waiting for this to happen ever since I got back into the fandom <3 First Nyasu was the leader, Musashi took over quickly and for 600+ episodes, and now Kojiro can take his spot at the top of the team haha <3

Especially since people lately [obviously no one here] have been complaining about how Musashi's getting so much more screentime than Kojiro and Nyasu [although that's really not saying much in most episodes]. I figured Kojiro taking over the team would be the best way to solve any problems there.

You know what most of them thought was the best about DP146? Kojiro crossdressing! *facepalms*

Although not my favorite thing, I loved that :p

I feel the same. I don't mind them settling down a little (still being all adventurous), but as a married couple with kids? Can't see it. And I don't really want it either. And to think it comes from ex-R*cketshipper...

I can't see them getting married or having kids on purpose either. It's just...it's an interesting thought, but something about it is too serious. They're fun people who like freedom and being able to do what they want, and they want to be with each other and don't need rings to prove it.

This reminds me, when's the last time Team Rocket [besides our trio] has been seen or heard from on the show? Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyasu are spending all their time in Sinnoh trying to take over [well, sort of] but I don't remember the last time we saw the boss outside of a flashback.
When they sent Yanyanma to Sakaki. Speaking of that episode, I could post a cap from that episode to wish happy birthday to PaperHorse. :-D
DP80_1.png

I remember an old discussion from Serebii, where people said this episode was written by a person who wrote another episode where a bunch of Grimer did the same handhold when they were in love...

I remember an old discussion from Serebii, where people said this episode was written by a person who wrote another episode where a bunch of Grimer did the same handhold when they were in love...

That would be me, and the writer would be Oohashi.

handhold_dp80.jpg

DP87_Muk.jpg

This is from the Koduck Roadblock episode, which interestingly enough, was the very next episode Oohashi wrote after the first picture.

Ok, I forgot about that. My mind was just thinking about how Yonemura seems to be a Rocket fan all of a sudden. I really wasn't expecting the Shami episode to be about them so much.

What I wouldn't give to be at one of those writers meetings...
Me too, me too D:

Probably not, but we can't be 100% sure.
I on't want it to be 5th ribbon, I want Musashi to have full attention! D:

I was just questioning his reaction since Tomioka isn't writing. It's interesting to see how each writer portrays them in these types of situations.
One another contest episode not written by Tomioka? He didn't come back from his holidays (or whatever it was) yet? O.O

He assumed Musashi would just be more controlling if they got married. But AG Musashi/Kojiro is not DP Musashi/Kojiro, and thankfully AG Oohashi is not DP Oohashi. I really don't think we need to look into it too much.
[/quote]
Yeah, that's in the past, thankfully ;-)

Part of it might be because Musashi has shown she cares about him. Rumika interrupted what I'm sure was a very cute proposal by Kojiro just to say "Yeah yeah we're getting married. Now I want you to get rid of your Pokemon and do this this and this." If Rumika had shown that she cared for Kojiro's feelings even a little, I'm not sure we'd be discussing this today.
Yeah, even when Musashi acts that dhe doesn't care, sooner or later she shows that she cares deep inside. It looks like Kojiro's aware of that.

Paperhorse said:
Awwwww, maybe I'm a traditionalist but I like the idea of them getting married and having kids. But I don't see that happening in the anime, or even at all. It might even be OOC for them to settle into a traditional lifestyle since they like to be different. But as long as they get together, I don't really care what they do lol
I don't know what you mean by "at all", but... isn't it what happened in the manga? ^^;

Although not my favorite thing, I loved that :p
Hey, I loved crossdressing and I miss it sometimes, but the thing is, they acted as if there was anything interesting in the episode besides it.
They made it the centre of attention.

I can't see them getting married or having kids on purpose either. It's just...it's an interesting thought, but something about it is too serious. They're fun people who like freedom and being able to do what they want, and they want to be with each other and don't need rings to prove it.
QFT. It's not only my personal bias, but I seriosuly think they enjoy their freedom too much to get married and all... But on the other hand, I think they would be good parents (although they would spoil their kids way too much xD).

Whew, Finally caught up!

...And new thread! Awesome! :-D Let's see...I finally found a really cool site to make banners, icons, and signatures.

I personally can't see (or don't want to) Kojiro and Musashi married with children, so I don't mind thinking he is still gamophobic no matter what, haha. I think they will continue their adventures until they get really old, so they don't have time to settle down (I used to prefer them settling down, but I like this option too).

I feel exactly the same...But a little bit of 'settling' down would be nice, every once in a while.

When they sent Yanyanma to Sakaki.

Can someone share what episode that was? XD This is definitely not true, but I brought up the fact 'cause I had a dream once where Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyasu finally called up Sakaki and then they found out Team Rocket had been destroyed while they were in Sinnoh...so they were like "...DDD8>"

I don't know what you mean by "at all", but... isn't it what happened in the manga? ^^;

Well, the publishers accepted the marriage, but that doesn't mean the anime writers'll go for it.

Hey, I loved crossdressing and I miss it sometimes, but the thing is, they acted as if there was anything interesting in the episode besides it.
They made it the centre of attention.

Yeah I get ya XD But hey, the Japanese are the Japanese. I'm sure there's at least a couple fans out there who appreciated the Rocketshippy hug and references.

Well, the publishers accepted the marriage, but that doesn't mean the anime writers'll go for it.
And where did I write that anime writers will go for it? o__O;

Yeah I get ya XD But hey, the Japanese are the Japanese. I'm sure there's at least a couple fans out there who appreciated the Rocketshippy hug and references.
Of course there are... But it's us who fail at life so we're sitting here analysing kodomo anime xD

And where did I write that anime writers will go for it? o__O;

UHMM I mean I can't see the anime writers including anything of that sort. I've never heard that the anime writers would go for it but I could be wrong XD

Of course there are... But it's us who fail at life so we're sitting here analysing kodomo anime xD

-poses- NO WAY <3 We're the winners /in my mind

When they sent Yanyanma to Sakaki. Speaking of that episode, I could post a cap from that episode to wish happy birthday to PaperHorse. :-D
DP80_1.png

Thank you Meron! :-D I love that picture! It's just so sweet.

Lol, I don't really know what I meant either. But even though I never read the manga (I have to add that to my list) They almost seem like different characters to me. Maybe it's just their designs. Anyway, that doesn't really matter because I still count the manga as an important part of rocketshipping.

Can someone share what episode that was?

It was DP080, I think.

Well I say that just because you get married doesn't mean you have to "settle down." They could get married and still travel together, changing only a little of what they are doing now. As for kids? I imagine they would try to hold off on them as long as possible but not forever. X3

You know what most of them thought was the best about DP146? Kojiro crossdressing! *facepalms*

Why am I not surprised? Kojiro has always gotten too much attention, in my opinion, for his crossdressing. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks he didn't like it and only did it because Musashi ordered him too. That might explain the relative lack of it, he finally put his foot down and refused to put on a dress again. And yet, if it will really help Musashi out...

Why am I not surprised? Kojiro has always gotten too much attention, in my opinion, for his crossdressing. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks he didn't like it and only did it because Musashi ordered him too. That might explain the relative lack of it, he finally put his foot down and refused to put on a dress again. And yet, if it will really help Musashi out...
Well, even Pokemopolis was sure he didn't like it in that episode, so yeah. I feel that Musashi was the one who made him crossdress in the early episodes, then he would annoy her by being girly and silly even when he didn't have to ("chou!"). xD The crossdressing was actually funny and cute, but the western audience thought it was "gay" so yeah... They kinda ruined it.

I had a semi-rocketshippy dream where Kojiro was annoyed by Musashi, and was all "if she says one more word I'll leave her". But then Musashi said "let's go, Kojiro" in a friendly way and Kojiro was all "Okay! ^__^ <3" Mood change much? XD

It's a bit offtopoic but I think it could be intresting.
As it is all about Rocketshippy here I would like to say something to the translations of the epsiodes. I red that very often they destroy the real meaning of what a character says for certain translations.
I'm sure there are a lot hints too according to Team Rocket.

There's an episode from DP where Musashi and Kojiro are dressed like cowboys and then Musashi says in German:

"Ich und mein Freund James..."

Normally you use the German word "Freund" especially for "boyfriend" and not for "friend" or "collegue". I don't know if it's a hint or not.
Maybe someone knows more translations hints.

Dub hints aren't real hints, as they aren't canon... But it's fun to know that translators are shipping them too! :D Like when Musashi said "we got some action into this bedroom too" in the Finnish dub of EP002. Sadly, the new dub is more anti-shippy than WrongRocketshippy, and my country follows Zoppi's anti-Musashi shenanigans way too much... But maybe the other languages are luckier.

Erm, I was looking at the 'pedia the other day and found this screenshot:
Jessie_and_James_first_appearance.png
. It said it was from episode 2 (the first episode that they were in. Am I the only one who thinks this looks shippy? Does anyone remember if there were any hints in that episode, or was the St. Anne arc the first hints we got? I don't remember because I missed most of the early episodes.

Nah, I don't think that cap is very shippy. They're just looking at each other mischievously, and they do that all the time when they're plotting something. The first physical shippyness was in episode 4 when they fell asleep on each other, and the first hug was in the Nibi gym episode.

Nah, I don't think that cap is very shippy. They're just looking at each other mischievously, and they do that all the time when they're plotting something. The first physical shippyness was in episode 4 when they fell asleep on each other, and the first hug was in the Nibi gym episode.
Ah. I see. Thank you.
Now, I have another question...
At the end of Crossing Paths (DP73), the dub narrator says something about Jessie having hopes for finding love in the future, or something along those lines....does anyone here remember what the exact words were. and if the Japanese narrator said something similar?

At the end of Crossing Paths (DP73), the dub narrator says something about Jessie having hopes for finding love in the future, or something along those lines....does anyone here remember what the exact words were. and if the Japanese narrator said something similar?
In the dub the narrator hinted that hopefully Jessie will find her love (possibly referring to her crush), but in the Japanese version the narrator said something that hopefully Musashi will find happiness too like Dokucale. *sniff* Too bad they didn't show Kojiro very much in that scene, but maybe that would have been too blatant.

I hope that in DP172 it's Kojiro's idea to steal Togekiss. I don't want Musashi to go on vendetta for losing the previous contest (if she does lose), and it would be sweet if Kojiro did that to her...

Dub hints aren't real hints, as they aren't canon... But it's fun to know that translators are shipping them too! :D Like when Musashi said "we got some action into this bedroom too" in the Finnish dub of EP002.

LMAO! That is funny, even if it is only the dub and not a real hint. Sounds kinda shippy to me ;-)

Erm, I was looking at the 'pedia the other day and found this screenshot:
Jessie_and_James_first_appearance.png
. It said it was from episode 2 (the first episode that they were in. Am I the only one who thinks this looks shippy? Does anyone remember if there were any hints in that episode, or was the St. Anne arc the first hints we got? I don't remember because I missed most of the early episodes.

I don't think it looks shippy either. They look really malevolent here actually. But they do look good together :)

In the dub the narrator hinted that hopefully Jessie will find her love (possibly referring to her crush), but in the Japanese version the narrator said something that hopefully Musashi will find happiness too like Dokucale. *sniff* Too bad they didn't show Kojiro very much in that scene, but maybe that would have been too blatant.

Awww, That's sweet that the narrator said that. Well we know that one day she will find her love. (I remember when I saw that episode I said just look to your left, hehe)

I hope that in DP172 it's Kojiro's idea to steal Togekiss. I don't want Musashi to go on vendetta for losing the previous contest (if she does lose), and it would be sweet if Kojiro did that to her...

I like this idea. I could see that happening since he's been taking charge lately.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom