• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Rockets were in the episode today! They were quite silly, but in no means stupid kind of silly. Really fun episode :) I was expecting at least one or two fearhugs because of all of the scary ghost Pokemon XD

And Kojiro was a creeper and was staring at Musashi's chest in one scene

313kidg.jpg

Rockets were in the episode today! They were quite silly, but in no means stupid kind of silly.
Yeah, and they still had serious traits. No more derpiness :D BW ftw :3

I was expecting at least one or two fearhugs because of all of the scary ghost Pokemon XD
I guess we should wait for hug at more apropriate time... And also, I can see Oohashi shouting: ROCKETSHIPPING? IN MY EPISODE? XD

Of course, Oohashi grew on me and I like his episodes now, but I still don't believe he'd write Rocketshipping like this in his episodes. But interactions between Musashi and Kojiro are all nice :)

And Kojiro was a creeper and was staring at Musashi's chest in one scene

313kidg.jpg
Aww, I thought this looked cute ^^. They way Kojiro looks at Musashi... I know he was in pain too, but he is obviously worried about her! D'aaaaaaw <3

Yes! It was so nice to see we were right about them not being total goofs and blasting off again. :)

Oohashi delivered yet another great episode. Plenty of Musashi and Kojiro alone time with things like the above added in. :naughty:

Long story short, they were in a mansion spying on the twerps, but all the energy was being drained from them gradually thanks to the candle Pokemon.

1302171312764.jpg

Just a little closer...

But after working with the twerps they were able to defeat the Pokemon and get back to normal.

1302171751080.jpg

I honestly thought they'd hug for a second. But like Jeska said, not in an Oohashi episode. Though like her i really enjoyed the character interaction between them. Especially that scene in the first cap where it was just the two of them talking to Seger and then freaking out.

And I know it was just for a brief moment, but it sure was nice to see Musashi and Kojiro fighting side by side again. Hope we get more of that soon.

jessie nd james rule!

You bet they do! :-D Welcome!

The latest episode got me thinking about something regarding Musashi we commented on back in BW025 (when Kojiro got Desumasu). She wasn't angry or upset at all that Kojiro stopped her from battling it and caught it instead. And then in the latest episode Musashi didn't freak out at all about her looks. It feels like she's really grown up, which is something I don't think we've discussed before. But that's probably because none of thought she ever would. :p

We were all very happy how Kojiro changed in DP, but now it feels like we're finally seeing Musashi grow up as well (not that she didn't in DP, but this feels like a bigger change to me). Much like we thought it was a good sign that Kojiro was acting more assertive because Musashi likes that type of man, I think it's just as important that Musashi's mood is more under control because that definitely appeals to Kojiro.

Unlike the reason's for Kojiro changing in DP, I don't think Musashi's is quite as clear, probably in part to the missing three episodes. (I have a feeling the Rockets were in BW026 and we may have missed some important plot points, not to mention the two Plasma episodes). But right now I'm going to attribute it to the promotion. Being handed more power and responsibly gets you wanting to act more mature to show you deserve it. (That's my opinion at least.)

Hopefully this week's episode will keep showing this off. It's really hard to theorize what'll happen in the future with the Rockets this series, but like Musashi said in the Zoroark movie, it certainly is exciting not knowing. :) Now let's cross our fingers that the Rockets are in Junki's next episode!

Okay, I know I haven't been following either Best Wishes or this thread, but I've come here with a question that hopefully someone will know the answer to, since most of y'all seem to follow the series in Japanese. At the end of DP073, the narrator says something about Jessie finding true love one day. Personally, I consider this extremely strong evidence (moreso than the epilogue to The Electric Tale of Pikachu), but I'd like to know: was that bit entirely dub-added, or was there something similar in the original Japanese episode?

You bet they do! :-D Welcome!

The latest episode got me thinking about something regarding Musashi we commented on back in BW025 (when Kojiro got Desumasu). She wasn't angry or upset at all that Kojiro stopped her from battling it and caught it instead. And then in the latest episode Musashi didn't freak out at all about her looks. It feels like she's really grown up, which is something I don't think we've discussed before. But that's probably because none of thought she ever would. :p

We were all very happy how Kojiro changed in DP, but now it feels like we're finally seeing Musashi grow up as well (not that she didn't in DP, but this feels like a bigger change to me). Much like we thought it was a good sign that Kojiro was acting more assertive because Musashi likes that type of man, I think it's just as important that Musashi's mood is more under control because that definitely appeals to Kojiro.
Very great post! ^^

This is definitely a continuation of their character development from DP series. And we can have that only thanks to Tomioka staying the head writer :D Yay for him! Here's a subtle middle finger to all people who have been saying that Musashi and Kojiro's personalities got rebooted in BW:smokin: We knew they weren't rebooted from the beginning.

Unlike the reason's for Kojiro changing in DP, I don't think Musashi's is quite as clear, probably in part to the missing three episodes. (I have a feeling the Rockets were in BW026 and we may have missed some important plot points, not to mention the two Plasma episodes). But right now I'm going to attribute it to the promotion. Being handed more power and responsibly gets you wanting to act more mature to show you deserve it. (That's my opinion at least.)
Hmm, but Musashi's personality started to change in second part of DP, especially after DP140-ish. But I agree that Kojiro's changes were more visible as he became more manlier, cooler, more assertive, understanding and supporting of Musashi. I know that you mean that something might have happened in three missin episodes to make her change even more, but it doesn't neccesarilly may be the case. They just seem to have real, fair, equal partnership from the beginning of BW. Once Kojiro is a leader, once Musashi. They're cooperative and don't have fights anymore. Musashi didn't raise her voice not even once and Kojiro didn't whine at all. All these changes could be only the effect of their hard work in order to understand each other. Musashi learned in DP that Kojiro isn't good for nothing and trust him more and Kojiro learned in DP, that Musashi isn't here to endanger his freedom. Until then, they had clashing personalities and their potential relationship could end up with a total disaster. In Kanto, there were lots of physical hints between them, proving that they're physically attracted to each other, but other than that? Not really. Both of them still acted egoistically. And, like Shudo said "When I think of the coexistence -perhaps, it may feel quite perversely, and I’m conscious that it differs from the common image of other people – it’s living together respecting your own self-existence, living your life the way you want and still perceiving also the other people or living things."
Isn't it the level Musashi and Kojiro are at? :)

Hopefully this week's episode will keep showing this off. It's really hard to theorize what'll happen in the future with the Rockets this series, but like Musashi said in the Zoroark movie, it certainly is exciting not knowing. :) Now let's cross our fingers that the Rockets are in Junki's next episode!
I'm excited about next week's episode and I have my fingers' crossed for Takegami's episode! ^__^

At the end of DP073, the narrator says something about Jessie finding true love one day. Personally, I consider this extremely strong evidence (moreso than the epilogue to The Electric Tale of Pikachu), but I'd like to know: was that bit entirely dub-added, or was there something similar in the original Japanese episode?
Here's what narrator said in Japanese:

"If you meet someone, there's also separation to happen. Letting your Pokemon to love obviously means a deep bond between trainer and Pokemon. Good luck, Musashi. For you too, a happy day will come."

Japanese narrator used "happiness" in the place English one used "love", but it's obvious that by a happy day to come he meant the day when she finds her true love.

Besides, I translated a few interesting quotes earlier.
EDIT: Ok, I've just watched DP073 in Japanese. It was undoubtedly about love and unfulfilled dreams. When Musashi asked her Dokukeru if she loves that boy's Dokukeru, she said "Is it Dokukeru's love season? But even me had such a season". Then, the love thing was repeated a few times in reference to Dokukeru, which situation Musashi compared to her own. When she's telling Dokukeru to go, she says "Live in happiness with the person you love!". And then "Love with all your heart instead of me! That's what happiness is!".
Happiness=love. So certainly, it wasn't abuse on dub's side to use love in this quote.

I remember being disappointed after watching DP073 that there was no Rocketshipping here (especially if it was Takegami writing!). But the narrator's line sounds very prophetic... It's not that hard to guess whom Takegami had on mind ;) He's so blatant Rocketshipper it hurts! XD

Great post Jeska. :)

Hmm, but Musashi's personality started to change in second part of DP, especially after DP140-ish.

Maybe I just need to rewatch those later episodes again, but she feel different from that now. For example, she doesn't really get angry about anything now. She seems to be able to take things in stride more.

I know we need to see more episodes of them like this to get a better feel, but she just feels different to me.

And, like Shudo said "When I think of the coexistence -perhaps, it may feel quite perversely, and I’m conscious that it differs from the common image of other people – it’s living together respecting your own self-existence, living your life the way you want and still perceiving also the other people or living things."
Isn't it the level Musashi and Kojiro are at? :)

Yup. It sure is!

Happiness=love. So certainly, it wasn't abuse on dub's side to use love in this quote.

Yeah, the difference is more of a cultural one. The Japanese say things subtly, while American kids shows like to make things very obvious.

The latest Corocoro showed something great! :D
Didn't we just see this coming after watching BW008? XD Too bad creepy Nyasu spoiled the pic a bit (Musashi and Kojiro don't need you on a date, go be creepy somewhere else! XD), but it's still hella adorable <3333 I love their disguises, they're arleady my favourite movie ones of them! :crush:

Maybe I just need to rewatch those later episodes again, but she feel different from that now. For example, she doesn't really get angry about anything now. She seems to be able to take things in stride more.

I know we need to see more episodes of them like this to get a better feel, but she just feels different to me.
Her fiery temperament used to be a comic relief. Connection of hot-tempered, vain woman in charge and a whiny, but still awfully submissive, clumsy man was treated by many as a great comedy of characters. Now they stopped acting like that, because they're no longer comic reliefs. They needed to mature after so many years. You don't even need to be a Rocketshipper to want that to happen - it was just getting old simply.

But tbh, both her and Kojiro feel a bit different, because they don't act derpy anymore. They can be still funny, but now, they act serious and mature when they NEED to be. Unlike the old times, when they couldn't act fully serious for more than few seconds and these rare moments were often spoiled by some comic relief. It's interesting how Nyasu didn't change at all since DP. And with Musashi and Kojiro's more serious personalities and them sharing equal partnership, I think it's the best foundation we could even ask for for Rocketshipping :)

Yeah, the difference is more of a cultural one. The Japanese say things subtly, while American kids shows like to make things very obvious.
But they didn't treat the topic subtly at all in this episode ^^; They used "koi" (meaning romantic, passionate love) a few times here. In this sentence, narrator used "happiness" instead of "love", just because he didn't want to repeat himself as he used it in the previous one. Besides, thanks to Musashi's line about ability to love being the true happiness we know what he meant by happiness.

Didn't we just see this coming after watching BW008? XD

So we start out at an outdoor cafe where the Rockets are enjoying cappuccinos. (Yes, they really call them that.) Weren't we just discussing this as a good thing for them to do in the movies? :p

We so did! XD Awesome and insightful post as usual. I was so excited to post about the manga scan, but today's episode was too awesome.

1302775604342.jpg

So we start with the Rockets spying on the twerps. Kojiro is mad because Crimgan escaped (that's the rope he's holding). The great things about this is how much pain Crimgan was in. Nice Rockets, they are not. :-D But mainly I love this shot of Musashi's lips in the foreground. You can tell right away this episode is going to be good for them...

1302775628573.jpg

Here's the mecha btw. They've really come a long way... <3

So a bit later Desumasu and Koromori (in that order) start attacking the twerps. This battle right here is what I've been looking forward to since the Rockets became competent. I just absolutely loved how Musashi and Kojiro were really working as a team to fight the twerps. Desumasu attacked first, and then Koromori came in from behind to take the twerps off their guard. That's what I've been wanting to see from them for years! Some real strategy where they watch each other's backs while they fight, just like the twerps do. Something that bugged me in DP is while they fought together, they weren't really together in their fighting. It always felt like one on one, just with two battles going on at once. Thankfully that's not the case anymore.

BW030_1.jpg

BW030_2.jpg

So then we break into the motto. Love these poses. We also didn't get the DP music! Hooray! We got some awesome sounding stuff I've never heard before instead.

BW030_3.jpg

After that they escape and surprise surprise, they're up front while Nyasu is waaaaaaay in the back. We then hit our loan "funny" scene.

BW030_4.jpg

Crimgan is trying to escape and Musashi is asking Kojiro if the holding cell is really secure. Kojiro responds by saying it's perfect. XD

I just love the role reversal we have going on. Musashi is the annoyed one while Kojiro is the one acting with a "of course it's fine, I did it myself" type attitude. XD

BW030_5.jpg

Of course the Pokemon do break free so it's fight time again. Once again I love how they look here. Crimgan attacks but...

BW030_6.jpg

They're all "bitch, please" as Yoshi-san would say. (Kinda overselling it Nyasu...) :crush:

Eventually though, Pikachu does land an attack straight on them. Uh-oh...

1302776554126.jpg

But, no need to worry, they still have jet packs! :-D I don't know if it was Fujita's intention to troll or not, but it had me worried despite some things about the movie I'll get to in a bit.

So this is definitely my new fav non shippy episode involving the Rockets. Everything about the way they acted was just perfect. There is literally no flaw I can find aside from not having any shipping. A must watch episode for all.

Okay, on to the manga. I love how flirty Musashi looks and that they're both blushing. I know it's only over the power Victini has, but it's still cool how we were right about how excited they get about that stuff in BW.

As for the movie thing I mentioned above, it turns out Iris and Dent are taking the Rocket's jobs of advertising the free Pokemon and all that. A sure sign for anyone worried that the Rockets will most certainlly not be going back to being goofy. Though I think today's episode proved it once and for all anyway.

Last edited:
Rocketshipping are amazing - Even though i'd like james to myself :| but in all seriousness, they rock my socks and it's totally obvious they should be together! ♥

So this is definitely my new fav non shippy episode involving the Rockets. Everything about the way they acted was just perfect. There is literally no flaw I can find aside from not having any shipping. A must watch episode for all.

I agree! I was very pleased with the way the rockets were portrayed in this episode. I love their confident attitudes and their ability to look awesome, and without going back to their old selves.

They work together so perfectly <3 and this episode proves it.

Rocketshipping are amazing - Even though i'd like james to myself :| but in all seriousness, they rock my socks and it's totally obvious they should be together! ♥

Welcome to the thread! And I agree, it is totally obvious they should be together :p

Caps are already up, so there's no point in me posting some. Just wanted to say how great it is that Kojiro is taking such a big leadership role in this and next week's episodes. Now that he has a Pokemon it looks like we're finally getting some makeup on him not doing too much. Oohashi just does a great job at making Musashi and Kojiro feels like equal parters. (The two even shared a cute evil giggle.) We also got the Rose motto again (except it had good music) so that's nice. :) Hard to believe it took until BW032 for the show to start using mottos, but if they wanna stick with this one, that's fine by me. :)

The preview for next week doesn't even have Nyasu on it. It only shows Musashi and Kojiro looking badass, so maybe Yonemura will surprise us.

Anyone can list rocketshippy moments in AG/DP? DP would be better... and BW too if there's anything there but I doubt it
(and pictures / short clips of said scenes would be great too)

I'd be happy to. :)

AG didn't really have anything unless you count the Hoso, but there was a cute scene where Kojiro saved Musashi in AG191. (Pics and video here.)

Then there's the 8th movie which strangely enough I don't have any pictures from. Kojiro failed saving Musashi from those red blog things, and the way they called out each other's names was so sweet. :)

Diamond and Pearl is where things started moving. DP117 is the shippiest Rocketshipping episode EVER. (pics) Mainly for the whole promising to see each other in the after life part, but I also love the beach scene where Kojiro questions are strong their bond was.

DP123 was another important moment because it was the first time Kojiro willingly let Musashi use his Pokemon without any fuss.

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/undefined/DP123_1.jpg

Warning, that's a huge cap.

DP055 was a very important moment for Musashi IMO. If I may quote my site...

This episode was one of the major turning points in Rocketshipping, though it is rarely discussed. When this episode first aired on November 22nd, 2007, things weren't looking very good for Rocketshipping. It was kinda there. Yeah, there was a (fear)hug (remember those?) every now and then, but that was pretty much it. There really wasn't much to actually talk about, and Diamond and Pearl didn't look like it would do anything different from Advanced Generation Rocketshipping wise.

Once this episode aired, however, things began to change. It took awhile to notice, but if you look back, this is the episode that was the prelude to the great Rocketshipping that would come in Diamond and Pearl. After this, DP117 aired, and then Musashi's Contest arc started taking a delightful turn in our favor, leading us to now, the end of Diamond and Pearl. Will Best Wishes continue on here? No one knows at this point, but for now we can begin to look back at the start of modern day Rocketshipping.

Basiclly Kojiro was down about giving Sabonea away, so Musashi came up with the idea to steal Buziel for him (and Aipom for herself). Kojiro was so touched that they cried and hugged and held hands. :)

The last big one was DP146. I don't really like talking about that episode, but you can see the cute pictures here.

As for Best Wishes, um... there really isn't anything so far. But if you want something cute:

BW011_2.jpg

The writers never put any Rocketshipping in at the beginning of a series since they're setting up the characters and stuff, so we'll just have to rely on their friendship being the strongest its ever been for now.

Thanks!! And if anyone can add more, that would be great! (I'm searching for rocketshippy stuff to show a friend who's a big rocketshipper, but sadly don't follow Pokémon anymore, that's why I preferred stuff from the newer eps)

DP146 is mostly known for two nice scenes.
- when Musashi faints, Kojiro catches her (dawww) and then walks her to bed, telling her it would be better for her to lay down.
- when Kojiro brings Musashi the ribbon he won, she praises him and Nyasu and glomps Kojiro out of gratitude.

Kojiro's behaviour in DP146 was rather controversial, but still, this episode is a huge step forward for Rocketshippers. It helped Musashi to understand that she can rely on Kojiro and trust him more, and Kojiro understood Musashi's feelings about how important contests are for her, as he was very supportive of her later. It was shown especially in DP161, where he states how hard his Masukippa has been working for Musashi's contest, in DP171, where first he's worried about Musashi's depressed condition and wants to cheer her up and then he advices her to take the ribbon given by the princess. He was very supportive through the whole GF, but I personally like what he did in DP174 the most, as, even if Musashi ordered him and Nyasu to not cheer on her as she doesn't need it to win, he didn't listen to her, as he was worried about how she's doing and wanted to see her performance, even if it was clear that she would get mad. Idk, but I thought it was totally sweet of him :3

Ooooooh I just found out about this thread! I love J&J <3!!! Like... a lot and for 12 years by now.

I hope this topic will become more active! I've been mostly discussing about TR on the PokéCommunity fangroup so far.

Last edited:
Welcome Zayin! Always great to have a new person. :)

Love your sig btw. Did you draw that? It's pretty good. :)

Thanks ^_^. Yeah, I did that for the Pokécommunity Easter constest. We had to draw a shippy picture. There's no winner yet, go vote haha :p.

That was my entry:
treaster.png

Oh my, we're arguing about James being gay or not out there, it's quite funny.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom