• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

That was my entry:

Daww! So cute! If I had an account over there I would.

Oh my, we're arguing about James being gay or not out there, it's quite funny.

And that is why I usually just stay here. -_- He's bishounen just like Shuu and Dent are. Though with BW I'm surprised anyone still debates Kojiro's sexuality. o_O

On another note, the Rockets wont be in this or next week's episodes, so we'll just have to amuse ourselves for awhile.

Thanks ^_^. Yeah, I did that for the Pokécommunity Easter constest. We had to draw a shippy picture. There's no winner yet, go vote haha :p.

That was my entry:
treaster.png

Oh my, we're arguing about James being gay or not out there, it's quite funny.

Welcome to the thread Zayin!! I love that drawing! It is so cute :D

They are so cute when they blush lol.

And argh, the argument about Kojiro being gay is old. I'm glad no one really brings it up on these forums.

In that case that's great! I just discovered Pokemopolis 2 days ago and what they say about James's sexuality doesn't make any sense. I could destroy any of their arguments =,=. Plus, the way they present it is just awful.

How do you know there won't be any Jessie and James in the next two episodes? Anyhow that would make me sad, as I watch the show in order to see them... Oh well, glad I've found this place!

[Edit](Lol the previous post has been removed, now it looks like I'm talking to myself XD)
Eeeek no! I'm being followed, hahaha!

Well, have you seen "The Treasure Is All Mine"? In this episode, James declares his first love was Jessiebelle - a girl! Honestly, any normal man would run away from such a dominatrix after getting to know her. In addition, crossdressing doesn't imply being gay. I won't rewrite all my arguments again, it's too late and I need some rest. Good nighty! =P

Just ignore him Zayin. It was just some troll who's post I deleted anyway.

How do you know there won't be any Jessie and James in the next two episodes? Anyhow that would make me sad, as I watch the show in order to see them... Oh well, glad I've found this place!

Their characters aren't listed in the cast list. While it sucks Takegami isn't writing them again, I don't mind that they take breaks every now and then. Keeps them more interesting IMO.

We're all glad you found this place too! :) There are other active Rocketshippers around, it's just that it's that time of year where they're busy with real life stuff. Things should pick up more soon.

I'm going to University so I'm done already :p. I'm working though.

Where do you get these character lists? Bulbapedia? Or do you understand Japanese? I'm curious! :3

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/21304_201105191900.html

I check the weekly episode page. And yes, I do know a little Japanese.

So, what's your favorite Rocketshippy episode? We all love DP117 the most.
Thanks for sharing! My Japanese is very limited, but google translate should do the job hehe. I just watched the episode and you were right, no Team Rocket. I'm always disappointed when that happens; I miss J&J a lot in BW.

Wow at google translate lol:
Meanwhile, we have to play their way back to wait for their Pokemon Ash Iris, the grass was Hison "Pokemon"Mushroom in the Zuruggu Tamagetake] [Headbutt! Then everyone Tamagetake raging toward the saw [a] spray poison, and we had been attacked by poison Pokemon got it! Not in a crisis situation to Pokemon Center near Mijumaru rely only .... How on earth would! ?

It took me a while to find the character list xD. How do you get to the next and previous episodes? I wish I were able to pursue my Japanese, but I always give up.

There are three episodes I can think of. I really enjoyed DP117 as well and also the Metagross episode (I rarely remember the numbers nor the titles). I didn't find these two episodes very shippy though (I'm quite difficult when it comes to real shippy moments). I found that Jessie and James were leaving each other too easily. Actually, I can only think of one really shippy episode, which is Training Daze because of THE scene.

Last edited:
How do you get to the next and previous episodes? I wish I were able to pursue my Japanese, but I always give up.

I'm actually writing up a guide on that, but the tl;dr version...

You see the 201105191900.html at the end of the url? That's the date and time. Just change the 0519 into whatever the date for the episode is and leave the rest of the same. For example

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/21304_201105121900.html

is this week's episode. You can see it's the same except I changed the 19 to 12 near the end.

There are three episodes I can think of. I really enjoyed DP117 as well and also the Metagross episode (I rarely remember the numbers nor the titles).

The Metagross one is what I'm referring to.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP117

Just so we're on the same page.

I didn't find these two episodes very shippy though (I'm quite difficult when it comes to real shippy moments). I found that Jessie and James were leaving each other too easily.

Yeah, that part was stupid. Have you seen the episode in Japanese? The dub kinda fucked it up.

As for why I think it's shippy... well, it's easier if I just post a link:

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/dp117.htm

Specifically, the fragile bond and meeting each other in the next life lines. :crush: I even wrote an essay on it if you're bored enough to read it:

http://majorika.livejournal.com/5736.html

Actually, I can only think of one really shippy episode, which is Training Daze because of THE scene.

Hoso_2.jpg

You certainly can't go wrong there! :-D

I'm actually writing up a guide on that, but the tl;dr version...

You see the 201105191900.html at the end of the url? That's the date and time. Just change the 0519 into whatever the date for the episode is and leave the rest of the same. For example

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/21304_201105121900.html

is this week's episode. You can see it's the same except I changed the 19 to 12 near the end.

The Metagross one is what I'm referring to.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP117

Just so we're on the same page.

Yeah, that part was stupid. Have you seen the episode in Japanese? The dub kinda fucked it up.

As for why I think it's shippy... well, it's easier if I just post a link:

http://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/dp117.htm

Alright thanks again ^^. Haha I got confused with the episode numbers, told you! XD I had stopped watching Pokemon for a few years and recently decided to catch up on them. I watched loads in a row, so I mix them up a little. Dressed for Jess Success was pretty good too.

I knooooow how the dub screws up everything >_<. I still can't believe 4Kids changed Jessie's adoptive mom (or whoever she is) for her actual mom in Snow Way Out.
My only reference is the dogasu page on episode comparisons.
Specifically, the fragile bond and meeting each other in the next life lines. :crush: I even wrote an essay on it if you're bored enough to read it:

I don't know how to interpret that sentence. Fragile bond could mean the exact opposite as well :(. I'm curious, I might read your essay, but that won't be out of boredom!

Hoso_2.jpg

You certainly can't go wrong there! :-D
Something is bothering me about that pic: Jessie is blushing, but James isn't. Have you already discussed it? Of course I could come up with loads of explanations, but I wonder why the producers didn't make him blush too.

[Edit] I just went through your essay. I'm happy to read someone shares the same opinion as mine (see below). I'm not the kind of rocketshipper to say "Yes, yes they are definitely in love! Look, they hug all the time!" We still lack of a lot of information to conlcude anything about the kind of love these two share.

They clearly have a bond that is deeper than just simple fearhugs. They clearly love each other as friends, but is there something more? I’m not really sure. Both of them are still so guarded with their feelings that’s it’s hard to tell just how deep their bond is. Like I said earlier, it’s one of those unsaid bonds where they don’t really need to say anything to each other because they know how close they are.

I think the bigger question should be, do they want something more. If things are great as they are now, why change? Unless they’re confronted with some situation where they really have to think long and hard about how they feel toward each other, I can’t see anything changing. And there’s no reason why things need to change at this point. I know Rocketshippers have been waiting nearly 12 years, but take it from someone who has shipped a lot of couples. Things may be frustrating now, but things will never be quite as exciting when Rocketshipping becomes canon. We’ll just have to wait the show out, no matter how long it stays on the air.

Last edited:
Fragile bond could mean the exact opposite as well :(.

jessierocketka should be back tomorrow, and she can explain in great detail the meaning behind all of this. :)

Something is bothering me about that pic: Jessie is blushing, but James isn't. Have you already discussed it? Of course I could come up with loads of explanations, but I wonder why the producers didn't make him blush too.

Yes we have. The best theory we came up with (IIRC) was that Kojiro was too innocent to fully get what was going on. :sweatlol:

Personally, I'm not really bothered by that or put much stock in the episode anymore. Musashi and (especially) Kojiro have grown up and changed so much that how they acted here really doesn't matter anymore IMO.

[Edit] I just went through your essay.

I'm glad you liked it. :) I wrote it right after the episode and haven't read it in over a year. ^^; Glad it still seems to hold up.

I'm happy to read someone shares the same opinion as mine (see below). I'm not the kind of rocketshipper to say "Yes, yes they are definitely in love! Look, they hug all the time!" We still lack of a lot of information to conlcude anything about the kind of love these two share.

I could tell you were that kind of shipper. :) IMO, better to have a shipper picky about hints than one who thinks everything is one. XD

But yes, those two do seem to have a complicated friendship. DP really changed things a lot (I seriously need to write an essay on that this summer) so now in BW they just seem to have implicit trust in each other. Hopefully we'll get character focus episodes on them soon.

jessierocketka should be back tomorrow, and she can explain in great detail the meaning behind all of this. :)

Yes we have. The best theory we came up with (IIRC) was that Kojiro was too innocent to fully get what was going on. :sweatlol:

Personally, I'm not really bothered by that or put much stock in the episode anymore. Musashi and (especially) Kojiro have grown up and changed so much that how they acted here really doesn't matter anymore IMO.

I'm glad you liked it. :) I wrote it right after the episode and haven't read it in over a year. ^^; Glad it still seems to hold up.

I could tell you were that kind of shipper. :) IMO, better to have a shipper picky about hints than one who thinks everything is one. XD

But yes, those two do seem to have a complicated friendship. DP really changed things a lot (I seriously need to write an essay on that this summer) so now in BW they just seem to have implicit trust in each other. Hopefully we'll get character focus episodes on them soon.

I still can't wait to see the two episodes that got banned after the earthquake. They'll probably air in quite a while, I heard the nuclear reactors still had problems this morning :(...

No offence, but I wonder how jessierocketka could solve the mystery unless she's a member of the production staff :p. It's not that hard to create theories, but proving them is another story hehe.

Anyway good nighty it's way too late here XD. I just had to rewatch the noodle episode.

No offence, but I wonder how jessierocketka could solve the mystery unless she's a member of the production staff :p. It's not that hard to create theories, but proving them is another story hehe.

I just mean she knows the language and understands Japanese culture a hell of a lot more than just about anyone I know, so has some good insights into the meanings their lines and actions.

I just mean she knows the language and understands Japanese culture a hell of a lot more than just about anyone I know, so has some good insights into the meanings their lines and actions.

I see! Darn I'm jealous, I wish I could speak Japanese so bad. And travel to Japan too, but none of my friends is motivated enough to go!

By the way, have you seen the Pokemon Pals episodes on youtube? I like them so much, they're so funny. Jessie and James are a bunch of punk/emo drunkards, but they're married lmao.

Last edited:
By the way, have you seen the Pokemon Pals episodes on youtube? I like them so much, they're so funny. Jessie and James are a bunch of punk/emo drunkards, but they're married lmao.

I've never heard of this before. Is this one of those parody fan dub things?

No, it's with real actors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVicVrq3D0.

I love fan dubs too though, feel free to share any good one! I've dubbed the whole Holy Matrimony episode with a friend. The result is quite funny, but too bad it's in French.

Would you also happen to have a full HD Team Rocket desktop wallpaper? My my I'm asking for so many things ^^".

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread, Zayin :) Every new shipper is a treasure for us XD

There are three episodes I can think of. I really enjoyed DP117 as well and also the Metagross episode (I rarely remember the numbers nor the titles). I didn't find these two episodes very shippy though (I'm quite difficult when it comes to real shippy moments).
I personally think that no one should have objections when it comes to DP117 ;) But I think it's because you watched dub version, which sadly killed this episode a bit.

I found that Jessie and James were leaving each other too easily.
First, Kojiro was really heartbroken after Musashi left him. Then, instead of giving up, he thought of really insane idea to catch Metagross on his own to bring her and Nyasu back. He hoped that if he caught Metagross, then Musashi and Nyasu would see that there's still a hope for them to be a succesful team, that is, to pursue their dream to become the tope agents of Team Rocket. I wouldn't say that he was letting go Musashi easily...

As for Musashi... She still didn't seem to understand that Kojiro didn't want to be rich. He wants to get rich only if it was with his only friends. Otherwise, money has no value for him. We know what Musashi thinks about money though. She obviously cared for Kojiro and wanted the best for him, but she didn't really think about his feelings towards her. She just thought he'd be better being rich and married to Rumika, than having all these hardships with her. Especially if she didn't treat him well numerous times... What should have she done? Be an egoist and tell him "I don't care about your life, just follow me?". It's not like she didn't care for him. If she didn't, she wouldn't run being all in panic to save him after she heard that he's in danger. The only mistake she did was that she didn't ask him sincerely about his feelings about her leave, and didn't tell him how much he means to her. Which she did a while later... :)

Actually, I can only think of one really shippy episode, which is Training Daze because of THE scene.
Awww, I think that everyone loves this scene XD

Dressed for Jess Success was pretty good too.
Now I think that I know one person that didn't like this episode xD Looks like we all have different tastes ;)

My only reference is the dogasu page on episode comparisons.
That's good enough :)

I don't know how to interpret that sentence. Fragile bond could mean the exact opposite as well :(.
I'm not sure what do you mean that it can have exact opposite meaning ^^; But I think it just meant that she hurt his feelings. And btw, this line doesn't sound as shippy as it may, because of the word he used in Japanese - danketsu, which rather indicates a bond between a teammates, than any other bond.

That was bothering us too xD I originally thought it was because all of Kojiro's blood just went down there and that's why he couldn't blush xD. But yeah, what Musashi (RG) said XD

I hope I covered everything so far? If you want to know something more, just ask, now I'm too tired to think ^^;

PS: Oh and btw, I like your sig too :)

Aww yeah, a RocketShipping thread! Why didn't I see it?

(Sorry if I interupted something)

You know what I was thinking? Remember the Pokémon Heroes movie, where Jessie and James are eating spaghetti in the very beginning?

I thought they were going to parody Lady and the Trump, by accidently kissing, in a romantic town (Alto Mare)

...but it ended like this:

Do.png

Welcome to the thread, Zayin :) Every new shipper is a treasure for us XD

I personally think that no one should have objections when it comes to DP117 ;) But I think it's because you watched dub version, which sadly killed this episode a bit.

Thanks for the warm welcome =). I indeed watched the English dub we all love so much for I didn't have a link to the Japanese version.

First, Kojiro was really heartbroken after Musashi left him. Then, instead of giving up, he thought of really insane idea to catch Metagross on his own to bring her and Nyasu back. He hoped that if he caught Metagross, then Musashi and Nyasu would see that there's still a hope for them to be a succesful team, that is, to pursue their dream to become the tope agents of Team Rocket. I wouldn't say that he was letting go Musashi easily...

As for Musashi... She still didn't seem to understand that Kojiro didn't want to be rich. He wants to get rich only if it was with his only friends. Otherwise, money has no value for him. We know what Musashi thinks about money though. She obviously cared for Kojiro and wanted the best for him, but she didn't really think about his feelings towards her. She just thought he'd be better being rich and married to Rumika, than having all these hardships with her. Especially if she didn't treat him well numerous times... What should have she done? Be an egoist and tell him "I don't care about your life, just follow me?". It's not like she didn't care for him. If she didn't, she wouldn't run being all in panic to save him after she heard that he's in danger. The only mistake she did was that she didn't ask him sincerely about his feelings about her leave, and didn't tell him how much he means to her. Which she did a while later... :)

My bad about DP117, it's true Kojiro was sad (I seriously watched the episodes too fast). Still, even though Musashi came back by the end of the episode, she left way to happily and easily for my taste. Plus, how could she tell her best friend to go back home and live with a crazy dominatrix like Rumika? She should know he hates her by now. Even if she didn't understand that, she should have told him a more serious goodbye don't you think? I always feel like the writers enjoy including random and funny scenes in the show without thinking if it makes any sense or not.

Now I think that I know one person that didn't like this episode xD Looks like we all have different tastes ;)

How come you didn't like Dressed for Jess Success? - I assume you were talking about yourself. They act so cute in that episode.

I'm not sure what do you mean that it can have exact opposite meaning ^^; But I think it just meant that she hurt his feelings. And btw, this line doesn't sound as shippy as it may, because of the word he used in Japanese - danketsu, which rather indicates a bond between a teammates, than any other bond.

Kojiro does say exactly "Was our bond really that fragile?" doesn't he? I don't like the fact the word "that" is employed. It looks like he knew their bond was fragile, but not even as much as that. Or maybe I'm just over-analysing this.

It's even worse if he talks about a friendship bond. On the other hand, I never considered he was in love with her yet anyway, so I guess it's fine.

That was bothering us too xD I originally thought it was because all of Kojiro's blood just went down there and that's why he couldn't blush xD. But yeah, what Musashi (RG) said XD

Well, I'm also able to make up theories as why he wouldn't be blushing as well. It might have been due to mere naiveness or by the fact he was so nervous from falling he didn't get the time to realise what was happening (and lol at your theory xD, but he didn't look embarassed afterwards). What I wonder is why would the animators (or writers) choose not to make him blush? What's the point they wanted to show? The two questions are similar, but not exactly the same imo.

Aww yeah, a RocketShipping thread! Why didn't I see it?

(Sorry if I interupted something)

You know what I was thinking? Remember the Pokémon Heroes movie, where Jessie and James are eating spaghetti in the very beginning?

I thought they were going to parody Lady and the Trump, by accidently kissing, in a romantic town (Alto Mare)

...but it ended like this:

Do.png
Haha that's funny, I never thought of that :p!

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread, appletree. I hope you will enjoy your stay here :)

Plus, how could she tell her best friend to go back home and live with a crazy dominatrix like Rumika? She should know he hates her by now.
Musashi's logic is funny sometimes.

Even if she didn't understand that, she should have told him a more serious goodbye don't you think? I always feel like the writers enjoy including random and funny scenes in the show without thinking if it makes any sense or not.
I know. But you have to remember, that Rockets were meant to be comic reliefs, so the scene couldn't be too deep and dramatic (I was surprised enough that we got that much of drama and seriousness in this episode). No matter if you liked it or not, that was what mostly their role was about. That's why we're happy now that they became more serious now in BW, because it means that shipping will never get spoiled by a silly moment anymore ;)

How come you didn't like Dressed for Jess Success? - I assume you were talking about yourself. They act so cute in that episode.
I wasn't talking about me XD I enjoyed the episode very much. I don't think it was perfect, but I treat it just like "Say goodbye to jerk!Kojiro" kind of episode.

Kojiro does say exactly "Was our bond really that fragile?" doesn't he?
Yes.

I don't like the fact the word "that" is employed. It looks like he knew their bond was fragile, but not even as much as that.
That's not what he meant. He thought that their team bond was strong, but it turned out that it was "that fragile" (as in "to the point you're leaving me like that"). I don't see how are you understanding word "that" like this, especially if it didn't have sense for him to think it was fragile in the first place. It would be contradictory with the earlier part of the episode.

That's even worse if he talks about a friendship bond. On the other hand, I never considered he was in love with her yet anyway, so I guess it's fine.
As I said in my recent post, he wasn't talking about friendship bond, let alone love...

Well, I'm also able to make up theories as why he wouldn't be blushing as well. It might have been due to naiveness or by the fact he was so nervous from falling he didn't get the time to realise what was happening (and lol at yours xD, but he didn't look embarassed afterwards). What I wonder is why would the animators (or writers) choose not to do it? Maybe I'm asking myself the same question, but I somewhat feel like it's different ^^".
I've seen numerous scenes like this one in other anime and sometimes a guy really didn't blush (girl on the other hand, did). So idk, maybe they wanted to make him look more "manly" or something? We had theory about him being too innocent for a blush, but actually, it may mean the opposite xD Well, Musashi for sure looked like frightened, innocent, shy virgin XD;

But for serious, I think that Kojiro simply was too shocked to realize what was going on yet really. If he realized it, he'd blush as hell and got up instantly instead of staring blankly in her face and panting heavily until Nyasu reminded about the mission.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom