• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Yeah, these authors/writers aren't insane for sure (for the most part at least)! I think it's a way of expressing they instinctively feel what the character should or shouldn't do and of saying inspiration and new ideas appear on their own. But... I don't know much about such psychology and I think Punkreader stated it better.

^ Yup, exactly. I can only claim a semester of high-school psychology under my belt and a teacher who didn't "teach" so much as "handed out worksheets and then relaxed," though. I ended up all but teaching the damn class. Thank you!

Reading that about what Shudo said makes me really happy as well. :D But I'm also sad that he died...

Guys, do you remember when I talked about the Heartbreak of Brock episode? I was wondering what Jessie was saying in the original for making Meowth react so weirdly. Well, I attempted to translate what she says and I think I'm half right. I need your help! ;P

So after listening a few times, that's what I hear: "Do~ yara no ko (or noko). Kojiro ni hitomebore no yo~ ne?" It could be only one sentence, I have no idea. But I think the second part could translate as "It looks like she fell in love at first sight for Kojiro doesn't it?". As for the first part, I have no idea! "Do~ yara" means "probably", "ko" means "baby" or "arc" and "noko" means "electric saw", which makes no sense. What do you think she's saying? lol

I'm disappointed by that second sentence. In the dub, she coldly says that James has found himself a girlfriend, which surprises Meowth. That would be a hint from the staff. However, I don't know why Nyasu would be surprised from hearing Musashi say how the girl fell in love for Kojiro at first sight because that's obvious...

Last edited:
Hi everyone. This may be a bit offtopic but I didn’t find any “favorite character discussion” threads and I figured a shipping club/discussion would be a place for people interested in both characters. ^___^ And starting a new thread just for this seemed silly. So, sorry if this is out of place, please bear with me just this time.

A friend of mine plans to create an alternate universe Pokemon fan comic which features quite a lot of Team Rocket (and Rocketshipping.) The visual style will be rather realistic… and we got stuck at the issue of James’ hair color. (Jessie's translated itself quite smoothly.)

There’s a certain “color coding” tradition in anime which deals with characters’ personality types, and it also helps translating anime hair into realistic hair colors. I’ll put the rest of my post under spoiler tags because it’s rather long, so it might be boring, and I'm just blabbering about J & J's hair colors and personalities.

The big question is—if you had to paint James/Kojiro in a realistic way, what hair color would you choose as the most fitting one for him?

Jessie is a classic “dark redhead,” her thick, intensely colored mane that has a hard-shaped appearance (as opposed to limp, soft hair like Dawn’s) basically means that she’s fierce, easily annoyed, violent and ambitious, has a disregard for rules, a tendency to lose self-control when angry, and an affinity for being in charge, but also hints that she might be kinder than she looks. All of which seems to fit. ^___^ Her magenta shade (compare it to Misty's copper) means all those traits are intensified, i.e. everything about her personality is strong and dramatic. A realistic hair color translation would be a deep, dark yet very rich and intense red-auburn.

James, on the other hand, is an enigma wrapped in mystery. He starts out with a darker purplish blue hair which is quite typical for a “mysterious yet ambivalent villain figure” and translates as black with blue lowlights, but then his hair goes lighter, and then it becomes sort of violet-blue and then it turns lavender. In some episodes it’s practically light blue.

It’s very curious symbol-wise, because dark blue hair often refers to willfullness, seduction, villainy and going against rules, while pale blue and pale purple hair refers to loyalty, innocence, sweetness, softness and even being angel-like, a pure, ethereal creature. Mid-tone purple and violet hair is a rather unusual color often linked to fate and fatalism, as well as being obsessed with a person or an idea, being a trickster or a sorcerer, or being dangerous while looking innocent. Add the eye color code in which having very bright green eyes usually means “a person with special talents” and “a person who is unlike all others,” and we have our enigma whose hair color is in between.

And we have completely no idea what a fitting realistic hair color would be like, because if we simply go with tone depth, we'll get ash-medium-brown which is not exotic in any way, while James' own hair color has "rare" written all over it, someone in the series even comments on it once, if I remember correctly.
Which is the whole point of my huge overlong post, I want to ask your opinions.

Hello! I never mind half untopicness, but I think that's not the case of others :p. Oh well, I guess they will ask us to stop if needed.

It's great that you're creating a fan comic like that! :D I want to do the same, but I have no time lol. I've always pictured James' real hair color as golden blonde. That's very far from what you wrote, haha. I suppose it's because it fits well with green eyes and that it depicts a more naive personnality? That would be my choice anyway. I think black would be too serious for him while red belongs to Jessie. So blond and brown are left...

Will you share that comic? On Deviantart or something?

Rocketshipping is the best shipping. The only shipy moment that made a real huge impact on me was on
noodles roamin' off ^-^ The part where they almost get killed by the shiny metagross kept me in my seat. Not that i
wanted them to be in that situation, but it was so interesting. They should make another one of those. :pP

I wouldn't say that James is staying in Team Rocket solely for Jessie based on Shudo's above quote. I really don't perceive that. Don't forget he joined Team Rocket on his own, while being most certainly unaware Jessie had joined too. Of course, there must be a reason for him staying a member of the organization (and let's assume it's not because members who quit get killed or something). I still think James is simply lost in life, that he has no goal. That's what I interpret from these sentences: "In short, it's all because he unconsciously denies the proper way of life. He also doesn't try to avoid gaffes and mistakes. Even if he knows about it, he still does it." To me, he seems like a lost soul. Of course, I'm not excluding that Jessie (and Meowth) is another factor that makes him stay in the gang, but I wouldn't say he's staying in Team Rocket only for her.

I thought Kojiro new Musahi at pokemon tech, and then they joined team rocket together. But then i was very confused in training daze, and then in the episode where Jessie quits in pokemon school & also the bridge bike gang story. D: I don't know what happened first Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to chime in and agree with Zayin on the blonde James. With black too dark and between brown and blonde, blonde would definitely be the winner. Gives off that rich boy air too. I think that's an amazing idea and hope it is shared somewhere on the web. :) I bet it'll be gorgeous. I was also really interested on your comments with their hair color...Jessie's is so fitting that it isn't even funny!

I meant to post in here about half a year ago but shied away. Thank you, Trainer Rosario, for giving me the courage to do so now! :) The whole reason I came back to Pokemon and even purchased Pokemon White was because of Rocketshipping. They've just seemed so natural for me ever since the show first aired and I am so, so delighted at all the hints that have come about since I stopped watching it around the time the third Pokemon film came out. It just had me melting since I always kept Holy Matrimony! in my mind only to have it totally bulldozed by Noodles! Roamin' Off! I just stared at the screen in complete and utter awe. It just gave such a sense of completion. I honestly didn't expect to look up all these new episodes and to find something that adorable right off the bat.

I also had a discussion question that I had been wanting to ask you all, although I hope I don't offend with the mere idea behind it. How do you think Musashi and Kojiro's relationship would have changed without Nyasu? Would they be more or less likely to become as close as they are and how would it impact them romantically?

I use the original names because the dub would obviously be heavily impacted by the loss. I really struggled with asking since I didn't want to ask a question that had already come up or insinuate that Meowth isn't important. His BW arc just had me wondering was all and I was curious as to what you all would think. I'm having a lot of trouble answering it myself, which makes me feel even more stupid for asking it. LOL. I think there would definitley be an element missing. We saw that they can work together without him in Training Daze, but then again their bond only seemed to really start over Jessie offering that bread. No Meowth, no need to share. His absence just changes practically everything about their relationship.

For me, I don't like to automatically assume they'd be romantically involved any sooner without him. Or, I guess, more accurately, they wouldn't be as intimate. Not naughty intimate, but intimate in general with one another, as was seen in Noodles! Roamin' Off! or it would have taken a little more time. Then again, perhaps relying on only each other might propel them into romance faster. But then I always think of Jessie and can't see her sticking around with something developing so fast without Meowth there to keep everything and everyone grounded. Perhaps I'm just so attached to the little guy, but without Meowth, I see their relationship as an utter conundrum in the developmental stage.

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before. I've been following the thread on and off for a while and can't tell you how good it is to see others who love Rocketshipping so dearly. And nearly DIED with the translation. What a wonderful job, jessierocketka! :)

@Trainer Rosario: With their original meeting stories, the anime did kind of mix it up a bit. I think a lot of people (including myself) tend to go by Training Daze since they've referenced that a couple of times with James and Jessie doing the whole to-the-ground crawling bit, but it doesn't make the bike gang any less enjoyable (or adorable). Some people far, far smarter than me even manage to merge the two stories together with James and Jessie simply being mad at one another for events that happened between the bike gang and Team Rocket, which also works. Really just a point of personal preference.

Last edited:
Welcome everyone new to the thread! :)

First of all, I want to start with good news - Rockets are coming back in another two-parter in April! Let's hope the writers will make up for months of their absence with some decent plot (and Rocketshipping too, please). But right now I'm just happy that they APPEAR.

So after listening a few times, that's what I hear: "Do~ yara no ko (or noko). Kojiro ni hitomebore no yo~ ne?" It could be only one sentence, I have no idea. But I think the second part could translate as "It looks like she fell in love at first sight for Kojiro doesn't it?". As for the first part, I have no idea! "Do~ yara" means "probably", "ko" means "baby" or "arc" and "noko" means "electric saw", which makes no sense. What do you think she's saying? lol
Sorry about late reply, but I really haven't been visiting Bulba in weeks. Anyway, it is one sentence indeed and it just means "It seems like that girl fell in love with Kojiro at the first sight". Nyasu could be just surprised because he realized that the girl is really in love with him. There isn't any shipping undertones in this.

I wouldn't say that James is staying in Team Rocket solely for Jessie based on Shudo's above quote. I really don't perceive that. Don't forget he joined Team Rocket on his own, while being most certainly unaware Jessie had joined too. Of course, there must be a reason for him staying a member of the organization (and let's assume it's not because members who quit get killed or something). I still think James is simply lost in life, that he has no goal. That's what I interpret from these sentences: "In short, it's all because he unconsciously denies the proper way of life. He also doesn't try to avoid gaffes and mistakes. Even if he knows about it, he still does it." To me, he seems like a lost soul. Of course, I'm not excluding that Jessie (and Meowth) is another factor that makes him stay in the gang, but I wouldn't say he's staying in Team Rocket only for her.
I didn't say that^^; Zayin did.

Just wanted to chime in and agree with Zayin on the blonde James. With black too dark and between brown and blonde, blonde would definitely be the winner. Gives off that rich boy air too. I think that's an amazing idea and hope it is shared somewhere on the web. :) I bet it'll be gorgeous. I was also really interested on your comments with their hair color...Jessie's is so fitting that it isn't even funny!
I'm voiting on light-brown, because I'm not a fan of blonde guys :p I like FrostMoon's hair color theory though, it sounds well-fitting for them.

I meant to post in here about half a year ago but shied away. Thank you, Trainer Rosario, for giving me the courage to do so now! :) The whole reason I came back to Pokemon and even purchased Pokemon White was because of Rocketshipping. They've just seemed so natural for me ever since the show first aired and I am so, so delighted at all the hints that have come about since I stopped watching it around the time the third Pokemon film came out. It just had me melting since I always kept Holy Matrimony! in my mind only to have it totally bulldozed by Noodles! Roamin' Off! I just stared at the screen in complete and utter awe. It just gave such a sense of completion. I honestly didn't expect to look up all these new episodes and to find something that adorable right off the bat.
Dawww <3 Have you seen Noodles! Roamin' Off! (geez, I hate this title) in the original version? It's way shippier in Japanese! <333 I remember when I first watched it, I thought it was shippy and I loved it, but when I understood what they were saying... OMG THE FEELS.

I also had a discussion question that I had been wanting to ask you all, although I hope I don't offend with the mere idea behind it. How do you think Musashi and Kojiro's relationship would have changed without Nyasu? Would they be more or less likely to become as close as they are and how would it impact them romantically?

I use the original names because the dub would obviously be heavily impacted by the loss. I really struggled with asking since I didn't want to ask a question that had already come up or insinuate that Meowth isn't important. His BW arc just had me wondering was all and I was curious as to what you all would think. I'm having a lot of trouble answering it myself, which makes me feel even more stupid for asking it. LOL. I think there would definitley be an element missing. We saw that they can work together without him in Training Daze, but then again their bond only seemed to really start over Jessie offering that bread. No Meowth, no need to share. His absence just changes practically everything about their relationship.

For me, I don't like to automatically assume they'd be romantically involved any sooner without him. Or, I guess, more accurately, they wouldn't be as intimate. Not naughty intimate, but intimate in general with one another, as was seen in Noodles! Roamin' Off! or it would have taken a little more time. Then again, perhaps relying on only each other might propel them into romance faster. But then I always think of Jessie and can't see her sticking around with something developing so fast without Meowth there to keep everything and everyone grounded. Perhaps I'm just so attached to the little guy, but without Meowth, I see their relationship as an utter conundrum in the developmental stage.

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed before. I've been following the thread on and off for a while and can't tell you how good it is to see others who love Rocketshipping so dearly.

It's been discussed before, but your opinion is different from what's been said here. I definitely didn't look at it from this point of view. Surely if not for Nyasu, there wouldn't be bread sharing scene, but I bet Musashi would find another way to get closer to Kojiro (and it's not like this was Nyasu's intention). She never got along with her former partners, so I've been always wondering why she chose to be different with Kojiro. Before she met him, she only cared about herself, but he showed her how to care about others too. Kojiro in the Hoso was so unegoistic that it's almost scary. I guess she liked that in him and yet, she was worried about him - she felt that it wasn't right that he's the only one who sacrifices himself.

I've always pictured James' real hair color as golden blonde. That's very far from what you wrote, haha. I suppose it's because it fits well with green eyes and that it depicts a more naive personnality? That would be my choice anyway. I think black would be too serious for him while red belongs to Jessie. So blond and brown are left...

Will you share that comic? On Deviantart or something?
It's not me who's the artist, my friend is. :) He's just a bit of a recluse and I wanted to talk about Rocketshipping anyway, so I'm the one visiting the forum. He'll put it up on Deviant once it's done, but it will happen in several months if not half a year, I think.
Oh, blonde is interesting, it has this fairy-tale prince idea/style which ironically fits him--he'd be a rogue one. :)
Two votes for blond. It's good that I came here, right at the start there's a new idea. Thanks for the vote of confidence, hopefully the artist will put it up on Deviant when it's done and I'll post the link here, of course.

As for the colors thing, I'm just an anime freak. :) An anime freak who hasn't watched Pokemon before, heh. Oh, there's another curious bit of info: the pretty eye shape Jessie and James both possess is called "tsurime"--it usually signifies power and arrogance. Goes well with their motto, I'd say.
I also want to say I didn’t just come for that question—I’m a brand new Rocketshipper, fresh and eager. I’ve actually never watched Pokemon before, but since my friend was so engaged, I decided to watch a bit out of sheer curiosity. I was watching the Japanese version, and there is a moment in their first motto that sounds like “presenting lovely and charming villains, Musashi, Kojiro”… oh yes, I thought, yes, you are. ^___^ Then I watched some more episodes and then I came across Training Daze (The Origins of Youth and Love), and I completely fell in love with them. I know there’s another, earlier version of their meeting (with the bike gang and the school) so Training Daze can be considered retcon, but I adore it so much.

It’s also interesting how the original version and the dub version seem to be different. More in mood/tone than anything else, though I was told the dialogue is edited, too. I’ve only watched several movies and about 70 episodes total so far, a mix of episodes from every season from Indigo to BW (and read about the general timeline,) so I’m not very knowledgeable, but those episodes are 50-50 original-dub, and it’s like even their personalities differ a bit. Jessie seems to be more mature and aloof while Musashi sounds younger and somewhat tomboyish, more hot-tempered than arrogant, and James has more comedy moments, playing it up for laughs, while Kojiro appears to be more mischievous and generally a bit… well, not darker, exactly, but like he has a slightly wider wicked streak. Anyway, those are just my impressions, and I’ll admit they are mixed up since I wasn’t watching the episodes properly in order like most people did. I’m glad I still have so many left, though, so I can enjoy them.

Another thing which I simply need to get off my shoulders because I’ve been arguing about it for days now—how oh how can people think James is merely tolerating Jessie? I thought it was quite obvious that he enjoys her company, okay maybe a bit less than usual during the moments when she snaps at him, but still. He’s so proud of her. I’d even say he enjoys her temper, he’s so emotional himself and has such love for drama, I think he might find a different kind of person boring to be with. Especially if that person were trying to put a lid on his own temper, didn’t he escape from exactly that sort of treatment once? And with Jessie, it must be stormy but exciting. He wants to go on like this in another life, isn't it, like, the ultimate proof?

jessierocketka said:
It's been discussed before, but your opinion is different from what's been said here. I definitely didn't look at it from this point of view. Surely if not for Nyasu, there wouldn't be bread sharing scene, but I bet Musashi would find another way to get closer to Kojiro (and it's not like this was Nyasu's intention). She never got along with her former partners, so I've been always wondering why she chose to be different with Kojiro. Before she met him, she only cared about herself, but he showed her how to care about others too. Kojiro in the Hoso was so unegoistic that it's almost scary. I guess she liked that in him and yet, she was worried about him - she felt that it wasn't right that he's the only one who sacrifices himself.

Aww darn. I looked super hard, huh? XD I agree. It certainly wasn't Nyasu's intention. He was just worried about filling his tummy. I watch the anime almost exclusively in the dubbed form, so I'm really glad you reminded me about the Hoso. That would make a large difference and I do recall it being said that he was more open with that sense of running away from things than James with his mama comment and his shirking and such. In that case, I could definitely see them forming a bond. Then again, since the writers didn't start with Training Daze, it is a little funny to think about how they would be portrayed from the start.

jessierocketka said:
First of all, I want to start with good news - Rockets are coming back in another two-parter in April! Let's hope the writers will make up for months of their absence with some decent plot (and Rocketshipping too, please). But right now I'm just happy that they APPEAR.

This is absolutely wonderful news! I'd begun to worry about them. A sprig of Rocketshipping would be treasured indeed though it will be so good to see them again. I can't wait to see what they'll be up to.

jessierocketka said:
I'm voiting on light-brown, because I'm not a fan of blonde guys :p I like FrostMoon's hair color theory though, it sounds well-fitting for them.

This is where I get so silly. Light brown (depending on the lightness, I suppose) always ends up looking blonde with me or vice versa. Maybe I'm just terrible at hair tones, which has absolutely nothing to do with the fan comic at all. ha ha.

No blondes!?! Awww. They can be so cute! Maybe a blonde James could change your mind? ;) I just hope we get to see this now! I'm so artistically challenged and know I will be blown to pieces by what is produced. Extra pieces for Rocketshippingness.

jessierocketka said:
Dawww <3 Have you seen Noodles! Roamin' Off! (geez, I hate this title) in the original version? It's way shippier in Japanese! <333 I remember when I first watched it, I thought it was shippy and I loved it, but when I understood what they were saying... OMG THE FEELS.

I've err...read about it. I actually think it was Musashi's translation of the episode differences. XD I stalk! I apologize! But oh my...when I read that...tingles. Chills. Every feeling ever felt when watching these two interact justified. After that, anything given in the episodes just feels like icing on the cake. But I do enjoy icing and am in no way suggesting that we Rocketshippers are on a no iced cake diet, overdue BW!Rocketshipping. I'm so happy and kind of stunned with what kept popping up over and over and over with these two in the episodes over all these years. Just the little things...the interactions...it's a child's dream come true.

EDIT: @FrostMoon: Same time posts. LOL.

Yay for Deviantart and wow for their eyes. That is so interesting. I would ask about Meowth, but he looks the same as well...every other Meowth, so I don't know how unique his characteristics would be to him. XD I'm still so intrigued by this. I never knew such detail went into the very choice of the character's hair color and cut. It's amazing! I'm so glad you shared!

Oh wow! Then definitely welcome to Pokemon in general and of course to Rocketshipping! :D It is so fun having so many episodes, isn't it? You should definitely check out the bike gang story (The Bridge Biking Gang in the dub and Stormy Cycling Road in the original). We get these tiny flashbacks of Jessie and James that are too much fun to miss and their entire role in that episode was just fantastic. I know the Bulbapedia page for Rocketshipping has most if not all of the episodes with hints in them. It's where I went when I realized that after ten plus years that James and Jessie didn't just fall off the face of the earth. I'm almost jealous at how much excitement it must be for you just seeing Pokemon for the first time! Animes tend to stay fresh in your mind for a fandom experience, so I can't wait to hear how you feel about it!

I wish I could offer more assurance on Musashi and Kojiro...I'm afraid I don't know them as well as Jessie and James, though they seem to share a bit more intimate relationship than the latter even just on a friendship level. Musashi (whom I apologize to for not crediting correctly before editing this post XD) has done a number of amazing translations for episodes to show the transition from Musashi and co to Jessie and co and it's quite startingly. Doesn't make me lose the love for Jessie and James, but it is interesting to see the changes.

Jessie's one of a kind, but I definitely don't think James is tolerating her. She has flaws like anyone, although her temper, more in earlier episodes than lately, I suppose, is more in-your-face than say Meowth's unrealistic expectations, etc. I feel like both James and Meowth accept her for this. Yeah, I'm sure they would have appreciated a few less knocks around the head, but that was just Jessie's way of coping with life. James has shown that if he doesn't like a situation, he'll bolt. Bye. Have a great life. And he's not sticking around just for Meowth or we wouldn't be talking about him at all and he'd be back at the mansion with Growlie. There is a bond there. It has its ups and downs like any bond would, but it is there.

And your last sentence. YES. It is all the proof I need. Could they have formulated a situation that would have made me melt any more than that one? I don't think so. And yes, Poke writers, that IS a challenge.

Last edited:
It's not me who's the artist, my friend is. :) He's just a bit of a recluse and I wanted to talk about Rocketshipping anyway, so I'm the one visiting the forum. He'll put it up on Deviant once it's done, but it will happen in several months if not half a year, I think.
I'm looking forward to it! <3 Btw, it would be nice if your friend stopped by this thread as well :)

As for the colors thing, I'm just an anime freak. :) An anime freak who hasn't watched Pokemon before, heh. Oh, there's another curious bit of info: the pretty eye shape Jessie and James both possess is called "tsurime"--it usually signifies power and arrogance. Goes well with their motto, I'd say.
That's interesting! I didn't know that :3

I also want to say I didn’t just come for that question—I’m a brand new Rocketshipper, fresh and eager. I’ve actually never watched Pokemon before, but since my friend was so engaged, I decided to watch a bit out of sheer curiosity. I was watching the Japanese version, and there is a moment in their first motto that sounds like “presenting lovely and charming villains, Musashi, Kojiro”… oh yes, I thought, yes, you are. ^___^ Then I watched some more episodes and then I came across Training Daze (The Origins of Youth and Love), and I completely fell in love with them. I know there’s another, earlier version of their meeting (with the bike gang and the school) so Training Daze can be considered retcon, but I adore it so much.
It makes me glad that Team Rocket and Rocketshipping gain new fans nowadays too :3 Especially if talking to new people and learning their "fresh" opinions feels refreshing for my Rocketshipping spirits <3

Jessie seems to be more mature and aloof while Musashi sounds younger and somewhat tomboyish, more hot-tempered than arrogant, and James has more comedy moments, playing it up for laughs, while Kojiro appears to be more mischievous and generally a bit… well, not darker, exactly, but like he has a slightly wider wicked streak. Anyway, those are just my impressions, and I’ll admit they are mixed up since I wasn’t watching the episodes properly in order like most people did. I’m glad I still have so many left, though, so I can enjoy them.
My impressions on Jessie/Musashi and James/Kojiro are more or less different. First, Jessie is more egoistic, vainer and bitchier. I don't think she is more mature than Musashi, in reality, that's the opposite. And I can't see how Musashi is tomboyish... maybe it's her voice that gives you that impression? And about James... He's naiver, whinier and more egoistic as well. You're right about Kojiro being more mischievous. I always think it's funny when some people tend to say that James is innocent... Well, Kojiro is far from it, he definitely enjoys being evil. Maybe James does too, but he gives that impression of a poor, innocent boy who's forced to do evil things. I've read some opinions that said that he should leave Team Rocket, because he's more eligible for being a good guy. Well, I've been saying for years why this is bullshit, but I think that what Takeshi's Shudo wrote about his motives of staying in Team Rocket just said it all in a few simple sentences.

Another thing which I simply need to get off my shoulders because I’ve been arguing about it for days now—how oh how can people think James is merely tolerating Jessie? I thought it was quite obvious that he enjoys her company, okay maybe a bit less than usual during the moments when she snaps at him, but still. He’s so proud of her. I’d even say he enjoys her temper, he’s so emotional himself and has such love for drama, I think he might find a different kind of person boring to be with. Especially if that person were trying to put a lid on his own temper, didn’t he escape from exactly that sort of treatment once? And with Jessie, it must be stormy but exciting. He wants to go on like this in another life, isn't it, like, the ultimate proof?
Well, of course it is obvious, but not so much in AG and early DP, when he really gave an impression of merely tolerating her (in both versions, actually). Thankfully, writers changed that in the mid of DP and DP146 was the last episode, when we saw the last clash of his intolerance and misunderstanding towards Musashi. I guess that experience taught him a lot.

This is absolutely wonderful news! I'd begun to worry about them. A sprig of Rocketshipping would be treasured indeed though it will be so good to see them again. I can't wait to see what they'll be up to.
Yeah, I felt very depressed about their absence, now I feel much better knowing that I have something to look forward to :)

jessierocketka said:
This is where I get so silly. Light brown (depending on the lightness, I suppose) always ends up looking blonde with me or vice versa. Maybe I'm just terrible at hair tones, which has absolutely nothing to do with the fan comic at all. ha ha.

No blondes!?! Awww. They can be so cute! Maybe a blonde James could change your mind? ;) I just hope we get to see this now! I'm so artistically challenged and know I will be blown to pieces by what is produced. Extra pieces for Rocketshippingness.
Hmm, he'd look like Kurt Cobain, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad XD

I've err...read about it. I actually think it was Musashi's translation of the episode differences. XD I stalk! I apologize! But oh my...when I read that...tingles. Chills.

Every feeling ever felt when watching these two interact justified. After that, anything given in the episodes just feels like icing on the cake. But I do enjoy icing and am in no way suggesting that we Rocketshippers are on a no iced cake diet, overdue BW!Rocketshipping. I'm so happy and kind of stunned with what kept popping up over and over and over with these two in the episodes over all these years. Just the little things...the interactions...it's a child's dream come true.
THIS. I remember when I watched DP117, at first I couldn't believe my ears. I thought that the words I heard were just my imagination, the effect of my wishful thinking, echoing in my head. This episode just said it all for me. I was just like "Omg, it's true, they love each other, there's no mistake!" and like you, I felt that alls my feelings felt ovet the years were justified. My beliefs didn't go in vain :)

To be honest I'm not excited about it at all. It just sounds like the same crap they were up to last time.

I've err...read about it. I actually think it was Musashi's translation of the episode differences. XD I stalk! I apologize!

Don't apologize! I'm happy people actually still read my site. XD I wish I could update it more, but with nothing going on in BW, and school and my work here keeping me busy, I just haven't had the time.

As for Kojiro's hair color... I'd go with brown over blonde. Blonde just doesn't seem fitting for him.

To be honest I'm not excited about it at all. It just sounds like the same crap they were up to last time.

True, also doubting anything different with the relationship will be happening. It's still really obvious Jessie and James like eachother, they always hold hands... But nothing official, ever, that's Pokemon.

You weren't excited for DP117 either so I'll take it for a good omen *runs* But kidding aside, I know this two-parter isn't going to change much probably, but still, as I said, I'm just excited about their mere appearance. Because omg, I NEED IT.

As for Kojiro's hair color... I'd go with brown over blonde. Blonde just doesn't seem fitting for him.
Woohoo! That makes it a draw! :)

True, also doubting anything different with the relationship will be happening. It's still really obvious Jessie and James like eachother, they always hold hands... But nothing official, ever, that's Pokemon.
Well, it's pretty obvious that nothing "big" will happen until the end of their plot in BW, but I just hope for something little and cute.

And btw, it's official that Kojiro loves Musashi :3

You weren't excited for DP117 either so I'll take it for a good omen *runs* But kidding aside, I know this two-parter isn't going to change much probably, but still, as I said, I'm just excited about their mere appearance. Because omg, I NEED IT.

I don't have much time to reply buuuhuuu. Stupid schoolwork. Anyway, I feel the exact same way about this. I honestly prefer seeing the Rockets in boring episodes than not seeing them at all. I really miss them!!! I just try not to expect anything special from these new episodes so I'm not too dissapointed.

Oh, and I'm happy we're getting new fans x3! As you know, I like action in this thread lol.

The big question is—if you had to paint James/Kojiro in a realistic way, what hair color would you choose as the most fitting one for him?

Hello! :) I'm going to go with blonde. I don't know why but I can see that color working for him.

And it's nice to hear the Rockets will be making another appearance. I'm going to try to be optimistic about it. Anyway, I'm going back to lurking for now.

Hello, everybody :D Old time Rocketshipper here. I recently got back to this wonderful fandom for some reason. I mean, I actually thought I got over those two! But no! It looks like I still love them! I missed A LOT of episodes. In fact, I kinda stopped watching Pokemon somewhere around Johto. Probably thought they'll not show anything REALLY Rocketshippy anymore, (and it also looked like the anime is NEVER gonna end) (Oh, and they didn't really show it here anymore). But I noticed talk about DP117, so I downloaded it, in Japanese of course, because I swore off the English dumbed down version a long time ago (Not to mention, that I HATE Kojiro's voice there)! and MAN was it good! I remembered how much I love those guys! And Japanese gives it a different feel. A NICE feel.
God, I'm rambling. I don't know how to insert pictures here, so here's a link with my contribution to this fandom. Fancy Party by *Demona-Silverwing on deviantART I hope to draw more soonish :D

Hello, everybody :D Old time Rocketshipper here. I recently got back to this wonderful fandom for some reason. I mean, I actually thought I got over those two! But no! It looks like I still love them! I missed A LOT of episodes. In fact, I kinda stopped watching Pokemon somewhere around Johto. Probably thought they'll not show anything REALLY Rocketshippy anymore, (and it also looked like the anime is NEVER gonna end) (Oh, and they didn't really show it here anymore).
Welcome, it's very nice to have an old time Rocketshipper coming back <3 I know how you felt. Jouto was arleady bad for me, but AG was even worse. In 2008, I almost gave up on hope that something really Rocketshippy ever happens, so I was reminescensing old Kanto Rocketshipping just to not let myself to forget about Rocketshipping. But late DP Rocketshipping... It was a brand new level of Rockethipping! <3

But I noticed talk about DP117, so I downloaded it, in Japanese of course, because I swore off the English dumbed down version a long time ago [/b](Not to mention, that I HATE Kojiro's voice there)! [/b]
Wow. You're probably the second person I've met in my almost 12 years old "career" who didn't like Kojiro's voice. And most girls don't just like it. They fangasm to it.

As a side note, for anyone interested, recently I've found a CD Drama called "Kirai" starring Miki Shin'ichiro and Megumi Hayashibara as the main couple. And why yes, they had a "moment" in here. OMFG IT SOUNDED SO RIGHT. Especially on Koji... I mean, MikiShin's side xD

They so need to do something like that as Musashi and Kojiro <3

and MAN was it good! I remembered how much I love those guys! And Japanese gives it a different feel. A NICE feel.
IKR. I thought I would die from feels' overload. Btw, I think that Japanese is the only right language to watch any anime in.

God, I'm rambling. I don't know how to insert pictures here, so here's a link with my contribution to this fandom. Fancy Party by *Demona-Silverwing on deviantART I hope to draw more soonish :D
Rocketshipping art is always welcome, especially if it's good ;)

On another note. Now as BW2 anime and Sakaki's appearance (FINALLY) is confirmed, what chances Rocketshipping does have in the upcoming season? It's a filler arc, so it's more likely for the writers to give the fans what they want. I want to know what kind of Rocketshipping you all expect ;D I'll reply later.

Welcome Demona =)! I really like the drawing of the trio sleeping that you made. It's so cute!

@jessierocketka, I don't think I'm able to expect anything. I feel like I've lost all my points of reference with regards to the trio lol. So yeah, I'll just enjoy what will happen when it happens :3.

It's been mentioned in this thread before, but I'll put a little remainder: a year ago, Megumi Hayashibara told Pokemon's sound director Masafumi Mima that she wants him to prepare a "Team Rocket's Late Night'sRadio" for the TRio to appear in. He agreed to that idea, but nothing more was heard about it since then until now. Here's what Masafumi Mima (who's a great TR's fan himself) said a few days ago on his Twitter:

Masafumi Mima said:
The TRio - Nyasu, Musashi and Kojiro's radio programme that only adults could listen to! I think it would be fun... Why did they become cool Team Rocket? Or, something they can't talk about openly, such Team Rocket's considerations... About guests... Sakaki-sama? Sonansu? Gureguru? Alright! Even if it's just a proposal, I'll write it! But, where should I submit it?"

Ever since I heard about the title "Team Rocket's Late Night's Radio", I had a vibe that it's going to be something aimed at adults only... but it was only a silly hope. BUT IT'S REAL. OMFG.
I'm so eager to know more about them and I hope that they'll give us some explanations so that could end all "BW!Rockets are OOC" crap :D

And the most importantly, I hope there will be lots of Rocketshipping too! <3 Especially dirty, since it's adult only. Should I be a creeper and ask Mima about it? XDDDD

Apparently, they were silent about this matter for a year, because they didn't know what to do with Rockets back then. Now as their appearance becomes clearer in BW2, the staff can finally move with things for them. I really hope he gets to write it and it's gonna be accepted (as it looks like he has to submit it to the TV Tokyo's producer - oh shit... :/)

Anyway, this and upcoming BW2 with a new, epic plot makes me super excited. I didn't feel like this in years :>

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom