• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

So, there were none in BW?

(That last one is more of a group friendship hug, too.)

Wow. It has been a while. The Japanese fans went a bit crazy on Twitter. :)

Last edited:
From what I've gathered, there wasn't any physical contact at all in BW (apart from some not at all noteworthy, blink-and-you'd-miss-it-quick-screen-cap-it!! moments from DA :p) And yeah that wasn't really a fearhug at all, I just couldn't be arsed to go any further back haha.

What happened on twitter? Just a million happy posts?

Yeah, people were pretty excited. I saw posts thanking OLM, posts from obviously newer viewers who asked if the characters are married now (LOL), and a lot of posts that said "kawaii." :)

I was so excited to see that fearhug! :D At first, when I saw the team fearhug I got "yay!", but thought "I guess this is as much as we're going to get in this ep". But the motto proved me wrong xD It was a very nice surprise <3

Btw, guess who wrote that ep? xD

And the last fearhug was in DP108 "Dealing with Defensive Types!"
DP108_1.png

DP108_2.png

It aired on December 25, 2008 in Japan which is over 5 years ago! O.O Gee, we sure have waited long!

Of course we had hugs after that like the one ii kanji posted, or the one in DP146 and team hug in the last episode of DP, but yeah, fearhug-wise, that was the last one.

Btw, guess who wrote that ep? xD
Was it Oohashi?! :p

It aired on December 25, 2008 in Japan which is over 5 years ago! O.O Gee, we sure have waited long!
Ewwww what?! No wonder I couldn't be bothered to go any further back in time! That is rubbish! Anyway, thank The Lord (Oohashi? :p) that they have reinstated the time old tradition! I'm a firm believer in once the barrier has been breached once it'll only happen again!!

(Anyone who can provide a .gif of that second hug will score massive brownie points with my inner shipper...)
Don't see it posted anywhere yet...

1t3olh.gif

I seriously spend A LOT of time making gifs to post on Tumblr so.

While I'm here, does anyone know what episode the screenshot in my signature is from? I made that graphic but it was years ago so I have no idea now. I love the pose though.

Was quite bored, so i came up with this :p

[video=youtube;CwoTdiOi7YI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwoTdiOi7YI[/video]

Hey guys! Been a rocketshipper for years, actually since the show first began airing in US, but for the most part, I stopped actively watching after the show right after the Hoso, chronicles series. Of course now that I'm in graduate school, far to busy to do anything but work, Netflix just posted almost all of Indigo and BW (season 1) and now I'm watching them all day every day. I had forgotten just how terrible the dubbing was and how I actively had sought out to watch Subtitled episodes. I'm slowly going through the show, though stumbling to find DP episodes subbed. The dubbing was terrible with Eric Stuart but the current english VA for kojiro is just, well I thought it couldn't get any worse than Eric. After rewatching the series, I decided to read up on this thread and saw the rocket radio show. Holy moly, that made my life. I was hopin they'd get another season, I remember Musashi's VA saying that there would possibly be another season if the CDs sold well. Is tehre any info on how those sold?

Anyways, that's not the main reason I'm posting today. I mostly wanted to just say hi, but also, now that my rocketshipping addiction has come back strong and I decided to get back into fanfic reading. I've been going through fanfiction.net and I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some that aren't OOC. I'm having trouble finding anything that doesn't have either character completely out of character. I'm looking particularly for longer fics that don't rush the romance, but a gradual shift that really makes sense in terms of story and characters. Of course, I would just love any fic recommendations.

I just got done with this wonderful collection of sentence long stories: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7469227/1/As-Thick-as-Thieves

Helloooooo, just a quick one to say What The?!:
Something I forgot.

The shot of Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu turned to stone in all the trailers isn't in the actual movie itself. The trio *does* get turned to stone, but when they do they're doing the fearhug thing, not standing apart looking shocked the way they are in the trailers.

How amazing is that?! Anyone know anything more about that scene or their role in the film? I might make an exception and actually watch this film when it's available to see! :p

And hi Arsenicyellow (I like your name!), will check out that fic when I get a mo. Sorry I'm not sure I can help you in your quest right now (it's been years since I read any fic let alone a good one) but if I spot one I'll let you know!

Luf thank you for that gif, made me so happy! And sweenix I can't see your video? :-(

(Anyone who can provide a .gif of that second hug will score massive brownie points with my inner shipper...)
Don't see it posted anywhere yet...

1t3olh.gif

I seriously spend A LOT of time making gifs to post on Tumblr so.

While I'm here, does anyone know what episode the screenshot in my signature is from? I made that graphic but it was years ago so I have no idea now. I love the pose though.

I almost forgot this scene! man i love when they're scared, because they always try to find protection on each other arms, can't wait to see more rocket hints in the new episodes!

Who's psyched for March 5th?! :-D I'm certain that the inevitable conclusion of the episode (Musashi and Sonansu choose to stay) cannot be reached without a modicum of rocketshipping!

Hopefully what's going on is a generous dose of Rocketshipping :p

Let's hope the preview is not just a shiptease and that Kojiro actually feels something (sadness/jealousy/anything!) about Musashi fancying this doctor, and not just about the pokemon being captured or some extraneous reason.

Also that's a lovely gif set! A pokemon preview never looked so beautiful!

Just a random thing here, I saw an episode of Advanced Generation the other day (Ready, Willing & Sableye) & in this scene -
313.jpg

James calls Jessie sweetheart while trying to persuade her not to throw the bomb

It's been a few years since I've been active on this thread, but I'm SO excited to see what happens! I'm hoping we get a healthy dosage of Rocketshipping! That Kojiro crying shot has me intrigued...

Hello! :-D I really hope this is the once-a-generation rejuvenation of the ship. It'll have been 6 years to the day since the last one after all!!!!!

Kinda funny that this episode airs exactly 6 years after DP117. Coincidence or not?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom