• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Mareanie on the soulder of Jessie ❤

Attachments

• lYl5_kyq-1.jpg
    lYl5_kyq-1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 83
Look how her horn is squishing Musashi's face :love: If we had to wait 2 months, I'm glad it's for quality content like this!!!

Happy 10th Anniversary DP 117!!

This episode has had so much Rocketshipping positivity follow it:

Also, in case anyone had any doubt as to the importance of this episode, we're not the only people who are marking the anniversary:

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1102547409538756610

..........that episode is 10 years old? Good lord. Where does the time go?

Anyway, yeah, I still ship this. Kind of stopped caring about it for a while since I wasn't too crazy about the Rockets in BW or XY, but the SM anime made me love them again and subsequently I'm liking the ship again too :)

Dana, forget about BW, even in XY I thought their characterisation sucked and struggled to even enjoy XY 63 because of this. SM has been a new lease of life for me wrt Rocketshipping too.

Rewatched the episode this evening for the first time in almost 5 years. Crazy that I still knew the dialogue almost word for word - how many times did I watch this episode as a teen?!

Anyway, what struck me was how much Musashi & Kojiro's relationship is treated like a separate, second theme compared to the team collective. Nyasu, poor cat, was not even included in their relationship with Yuusaku. (The guy even freaking called his restaurant "Musashi and Kojiro"! Could your subliminal messages be more obvious Junki?! Also, how come the twerps didn't notice the name of the restaurant?)

Kojiro's reaction to Nyasu leaving vs Musashi is so different - he clearly feels so much more betrayed because he thought that their relationship was the more stable :cry: Musashi's still a dumbarse for leaving in the first place, but her abandoning her failed attempt to reconcile with Nyasu to save Kojiro's life is... <3

Also did a quick vaguely-in-theme scribble in celebration!:

index.php

Attachments

• 1551827961003.png
    1551827961003.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 404
Very cute drawing, ii kanji! Really love it!

Happy 10th anniversary DP 117! I apologize about how late this comes but to celebrate, I wrote an overview/analysis of the episode. Since it contains lots of nonsensical and TRio friendship rambling, this is just the Rocketshippy stuff.
GYArse7ba32bSHUIbC1pDLQNutTAaNN3H9AxeUHzaxtQdR9KYI3NjT860oPlXs9iH__VUBFgSuRmk9yKpnmwYgmqK2ipbUqj4qchRZBCZPpg4tJlisjzZwyFf_yPpjPVyyIWy8Mc

Does anyone else think Musashi and Kojiro look like parents dealing with their kid here?
Later that night, Kojiro is mourning the loss of Nyasu while Musashi is deep in thought.
cvhAsF9fYRvsYKl6TwsdSqzzvDmNlFf8h8MstKIKeYJpgrava-xY_-3toiJXRtaRpHxfCIfeUb9gYJHl5Mx0WtMGv-TbrRLInRAL3yRwaIP_h3AmCGhmUGBQX2Tp-XU4KUtPiYQY

RGGf8VyYX2u6_dtaaPey2FuANDR9d7KTMZ01mbwYrjAzAUtBvBc63g963jP_xCX1LuPTDlkqk4VuTQBkaZ9k1VkAWdDXwwm_UyoXXHlctsi0CAEoSsX_PZJJ27yd66OtGo1OXdFH

z5YjiN3G-PaWwfhycPl-cXfLhyoDnouUxbTWUb4PoofTJlfEPoReF4_VKy-IA1Jz4bCnlV3nokb-pCpZh0shiX4abTvdEI1rsbXP_GYm5C_i0IRURPHPdQnJhXW7Vx7RyECfAxyg

Much to Kojiro’s dismay, Musashi decides to leave the Rocket Gang to pursue her career as a coordinator. Seeing that he’s upset, she tries to tell him that they could both benefit from leaving the Rocket Gang, that
W2hhhgrPw8pxeAhMTcm8D8rQadjzj0m3ZvDNlp1sVCJHGaPSSsiNDzQza_CcoxWtReICFqigsNAEXwRo8LMxhjg2Vik_LOtCEV-7bcvqkUSccvRjtyrBLx7TgUOJFdNWlwb1Vfaa

As most of us remember from “Kojiro and Gardie”, Kojiro’s life with said family and fiancée was abhorrent so why would Musashi suggest he go back to them? Why doesn’t she try to bring Kojiro along with her? Because this is her way of saying that he’s free to do what he wants. Because she doesn’t want to hold Kojiro back from finding his own path to happiness like she and Nyasu have just found. Because she thinks he is better off without her. Because she genuinely believes that Kojiro would be happier if he were to go back to his family where he could have things she’s only been able to dream of, where he can marry someone who is what Musashi is not, cruel and sadistic as opposed to Musashi’s tsundere and lawful evil yes but has always been rich where Musashi has been poor, has a loving family and good relationships where Musashi was alone and kept being left behind by the people she trusted (until she meets Kojiro and Nyasu of course), has stability where Musashi has none, is well on her way to marriage (in their mind at least) while Musashi isn’t even close.
If this is the case, why does she leave him so happily? I don’t think she actually is happy in this scene. I think despite her hopes and excitement for fully pursuing her Contest career, she is reluctant to leave Kojiro but she tries to tell herself this’ll be better for both of them so puts on a smile for them both, much like she does when she tries to leave Sonansu with White’s Wobbuffet.

And cue the sad piano music as Kojiro destroys any and all doubts of the relationship he and Musashi share.
1ehPrccohcwAfEDT3KdQ87Gvf9ZsfPW4Q_YdGWsVCD5eFcFtUHXjxpvZtvkAatETs0iwpoF-qxvjcEZL-T1pKygwc214X58TkzRwPXqttBhRaGgVWAWJPt26pfK-k9f9Z38VlFnm

But seriously, this is a really sad scene. Miki's performance is heartwrenching here.
tdjxrFwKzbwNyB-efPwD900O70_whfgI5_f3y1dM3YfRWEd_4YiZcjqCDPh_iyxc3aO5B0ijxtm4bwmcootGYJ1YgEnSDsih3UjU-aoAJiD64ypGH13ATc-DVoSrBg57He5DQsMv

Manene right here is Kojiro on the inside.
pIpjYbWUdVVJDBmY1YpHIO5Nj2X0RA_NsRECbEBQcMX33-a42oZRqwzfLIBeq1qYnOsBFQ1Rt52bn93SOl4dpH3Vp4QIzrvOl6oFvt550W-YkHPggBEjjroR3uyi86f81axL5DhG

TM8C5RWCRf5brPwvEZNpPqB83MTP7EdCvlzVrr8gmM-NWCpr4j-EUXBS2-9sSw-NBWchjURApiBUSp48Ad6eCIZGserSwFUVex82Ph_ToaaGcn-i36c78xc1WdSvFmLj89PkBJ7y

qZYPwOsDxP8vLB04QmGm7OfLQaIUqyU1jonvuZZndi7TM9jxiHINOSeECp7kvSHyCYbaFjq4vz92859_oIvEieWoMZNcOA2XCSKz3GW5t23Uz7YqM7BpooprbDmZ3q3u7uCMtncb

lPM_q71Ty5H8PuTOzgZcPy_5P6p3VB6RokeFBmlWVqT2KROlriyLctD7jo338PdHC_CkIlmgX7b-bArUeuXIeTfKaRc3xQuNHl-DotiUD1SkLucwXzlvot8AwN7NWf2aexpacbm9

9izeSPzln3XOshxfoUl9MCeIV0gLMDYMSq6bXMjXzNkeXRFliycmyVykpiLeeBPqu2z4RCSNWjKjlH3gA4UWL7tFnhuqr1Tvm4f4mmnih6PAyVYveO0Hr29dR-bAQPBeqCDLFwv1

Let it all out, Kojiro.
oY5x8WlNUpBWwc4EYyrWcTRHX7090Bdkvigmf7lbeOoF5b4jeUbmDqh2YRFfvW12NiO9mYI6nehQ5GeTMk2bKGhMWnlRi5cQOUuL1BGRoju_PMH4m-qRC11XR-lBuaVvC462dbVE

HA90Mpk5IA9OacS4_p4ICSbm4c83B7nFnfu8q8co7lY6W5viNlM6eilc3pKCJyoE6FEbaZwjmEIsWkn6s_HAS7Pi9lMlEg-2X-S4MV-iwzP87hCzN2XZGdG-kIZlgKG93AIXaeUF

6r5iBVsgNDeCQmtj7BMLp_U1Gov7jXK8m_tEkTfTL-_uRBv5Gj3HUFEsyi_-f2AMjB9vppIM-zcnzUM6tihwNfxD01r9TPYn_Z82Z4eyA1S62dWETvAWHgAkaH_bgDxLaZ1km6_G

I4YUpJtZ4Ks9YIs_c3bXBImuXP7VRb8sw9vnD_tMzBLtp9YMpQ5zqKOHB2UeLk4572BVNZo-IP68BZmPG8FUAZ5bsrxWkwhMEfXeyMXJfupKZL2H2sjlx3nFUM29dIl7t8vc98Gz

l6OTIKAJWr5z-2D6w_30w5SUcXm7wFYC13Aik0Xe6iBMLsEisdtbPRPw5CPJiwYKvbDG92QncCDPmFhBIccPdVd0MLgCvwnxw443Ak4cH2IyNbCoPUt1LwGHaadjtrhBSK_EIwoc

81gbxVb4nHHC9l9OsvrlpkC84K1xE3qQ-OJ8J0vcnrl3hVoEkOmtLkYdWdG15a5h-ow0SUDnzHpEmy_LxtKatfSnhKkvJElObs9kxU41FqPRmPGytId224NIEOuzUFHFoksr8sdg

Is there really anything that can be added to this? The most eternal bond in the entire show is stated right here.
In 2009:
_UOWCqwLj0qD7ESJ3g0V66wAGYeVCJP1gko-og6le_9LFnNZWHrGyB_saDytD-qfG4wbAZLLj4fig93lowd-drQtHJlUt_n-PUT3tget1fgCy5kyHMuYb5G9HkTdLjADT7BG6w9Z

In 2019:
PfQLi80nsyWQPy3-Adsgz3KgjhXyodgwyPAlEmXQhpWwCT5Hvk6esYEk5ZnSwPjm-tPoQ0IxDbWKhFUHAnVkaSCbX98XP_9j5K9DjAzZs7ImJMgJ4_9cKncAOxieuYlAZv_fZoLZ

Also, how come the twerps didn't notice the name of the restaurant?)
(I've been wondering that since I've first watched it.)

Musashi's still a dumbarse for leaving in the first place, but her abandoning her failed attempt to reconcile with Nyasu to save Kojiro's life is... <3
I’ve never thought about this scene from that perspective and I just... awwww

Last edited:
tdjxrFwKzbwNyB-efPwD900O70_whfgI5_f3y1dM3YfRWEd_4YiZcjqCDPh_iyxc3aO5B0ijxtm4bwmcootGYJ1YgEnSDsih3UjU-aoAJiD64ypGH13ATc-DVoSrBg57He5DQsMv

Manene right here is Kojiro on the inside.
Omg I never noticed Manene in this shot before!! Look at that happy little face... I love the idea that that's Kojiro's inner voice :sneaky:

I don’t think she actually is happy in this scene. I think despite her hopes and excitement for fully pursuing her Contest career, she is reluctant to leave Kojiro but she tries to tell herself this’ll be better for both of them so puts on a smile for them both.
Exactly. This is not the face of a woman who feels she is finally liberated from her duty to stay with the team, rather that of someone who is doing the hard but right thing (or so she thinks):
Musashi putting on a brave face after she has made up her mind is totally in character. Her quick and impersonal escape is a reflection of her reluctance to have the decision challenged having made it, because she is scared she will change her mind and stay, which she truly believes is not in Kojiro's best interests. Her "dreams are something you have to wake up from sometime" line is particularly telling about her sustained belief that her current happiness/domestic set-up cannot last.

Such a cute scene this week, how often do we get to see Musashi being the caring, thoughtful, 'I know you better than you know yourself' one?!:
mW2voN.jpg

duvBtT.jpg

HRsg2V.jpg

Rylco8.jpg

hX74fg.jpg

Bonus:
mu0GLQ.jpg

Such a cute scene this week, how often do we get to see Musashi being the caring, thoughtful, 'I know you better than you know yourself' one?!:
mW2voN.jpg

duvBtT.jpg

HRsg2V.jpg

Rylco8.jpg

hX74fg.jpg
Sighs happily I don’t know what I like the most about this scene; the fact Musashi offered the doughnut to him when she saw he was distressed, the joyful look on his face when she offers it to him, him eating it out of her hand... :love:
Bonus:
mu0GLQ.jpg
I still can’t believe we have two scenes in this series now of her standing over him in worry!

Last edited:
This week we had Kojiro doing Musashi's make-up (HOW PRECIOUS IS THAT?!)...
4AFkiH.jpg

EGot3Q.jpg
...and also:
KsAY05.jpg
How's that for an unambiguous statement? :sneaky:

Oooh that was nice wasn't it? Kojiro looks so happy, bless him. Here it is in higher quality:
ZCEwpT.jpg

So, we have an episode with the words 'Musashi', 'Kojiro' and 'Love' in the title. There is so much shipping potential that it is unreal! What would any of you like/think will happen? I'm hoping we get at least a Guardie & Kojiro/Holy Matrimony style high-tension-handshake. If nothing else I hope the match gets taken as seriously as everyone else's (the title at least is promising in this respect).

Oooh that was nice wasn't it? Kojiro looks so happy, bless him. Here it is in higher quality:
ZCEwpT.jpg

So, we have an episode with the words 'Musashi', 'Kojiro' and 'Love' in the title. There is so much shipping potential that it is unreal! What would any of you like/think will happen? I'm hoping we get at least a Guardie & Kojiro/Holy Matrimony style high-tension-handshake. If nothing else I hope the match gets taken as seriously as everyone else's (the title at least is promising in this respect).

Will they use a Love-Type Z-Move like Olivia and Brock did? Black Hole Eclipse Love-Clipse!

For years i've been following this and other threads at forums... It wasn't until now that I gave into the temptation to join. Haha

The reason? Musashi vs Kojiro's episode airs on my birthday So I HAD to be able to chat with fellow rocketshippers about it.

By the way, nice to meet you all!

Will they use a Love-Type Z-Move like Olivia and Brock did? Black Hole Eclipse Love-Clipse!
I would love it if that happened! I’m not sure if that will happen during this match but I could see it happening before SM ends.

For years i've been following this and other threads at forums... It wasn't until now that I gave into the temptation to join. Haha

The reason? Musashi vs Kojiro's episode airs on my birthday So I HAD to be able to chat with fellow rocketshippers about it.

By the way, nice to meet you all!
Hello and welcome to the forums! It’s nice to meet you too! :)

I was the same way when I first came here. I started off reading the thousands of Rocketshippy posts on this forum until I finally gathered the courage to post here. A lot of us are friendly so don’t be afraid to post your thoughts and opinions. :) What are your hopes and dreams for the upcoming episode?

Happy early birthday! This will be a great birthday present!

I would love it if that happened! I’m not sure if that will happen during this match but I could see it happening before SM ends.

Hello and welcome to the forums! It’s nice to meet you too! :)

I was the same way when I first came here. I started off reading the thousands of Rocketshippy posts on this forum until I finally gathered the courage to post here. A lot of us are friendly so don’t be afraid to post your thoughts and opinions. :) What are your hopes and dreams for the upcoming episode?

Happy early birthday! This will be a great birthday present!

Sooo kind

Well... I'm honestly looking forward to be surprised. I don't really want to get my hopes too high regarding this episode, so if we get any shippy moments, I'll enjoy them better. The only outcome I fear is Bewear preventing them to finish their match. (and maybe that Gladio vs Lillie's match steals the spotlight)

Sooo kind

Well... I'm honestly looking forward to be surprised. I don't really want to get my hopes too high regarding this episode, so if we get any shippy moments, I'll enjoy them better. The only outcome I fear is Bewear preventing them to finish their match. (and maybe that Gladio vs Lillie's match steals the spotlight)
That’s a good approach. Part of the reason the Rocketshippy moment in SM 58 was so great was because it came as a complete surprise.

I’m not really worried about Bewear but I agree, learning that Gladio vs Lillie will be happening in the episode as well really put a damper on my excitement for this episode. I hate how they titled it “Musashi vs Kojiro” but now all of a sudden the promotion is acting like Lillie vs Gladion is all that matters.
However, after seeing how SM 130 (which, silly me, had four battles as well) handled it’s titular battle along with another important battle (Ilima vs Guzma), I’m feeling more optimistic. I just hope they don’t write Musashi antagonistic... 0_0

Last edited:
Hi all! I've been a Rocketshipper since the beginning of the series but just recently started watching SM and I have also decided to join this forum just to discuss the upcoming episode :LOL: I'm wondering that if it comes down to it if Kojiro will let Musashi win the battle (either to be nice or because he's afraid for his health lol)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom