• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

I was feeling along similar lines earlier, but on reflection I think that is an overreaction. Hidoide wanting to keep Musashi away from Kojiro and her and Musashi being pals are not mutually exclusive items. Can this one look into Hidoide's psyche retcon Musashi standing up for her in SM 58, or Hidoide nudging Kojiro on how to save Musashi in SM 73, or Hidoide sitting on Musashi's shoulder in SM 111?

They are obviously fond of each other and have a good relationship. Just that... Hidoide has a tiny instinct to not let Musashi too near to her man, which she is on the money about really :p

Also, call me a fool but this
EIcC5R2WkAAE04h.jpg
gives me hope for this when the time comes
675px-RocketShipping.png
Yes!! This gave me the same hope as well

That famous image broke my mind when I first saw it as a kid...finding out about the manga and various Japan-only things like the radio drama was an eye opener.
Rocketshipping was the first pairing I ever fell into and the only one I ever really wanted to see, so finding out it happened in the manga was huge.

...Although I still think Meowth looks really weird in that scan. I've found most of the images of him from Electric Tales look off to me.

That famous image broke my mind when I first saw it as a kid...finding out about the manga and various Japan-only things like the radio drama was an eye opener.
Rocketshipping was the first pairing I ever fell into and the only one I ever really wanted to see, so finding out it happened in the manga was huge.

...Although I still think Meowth looks really weird in that scan. I've found most of the images of him from Electric Tales look off to me.
I remember feeling the same way as a kid. Now I'm almost 25 with kids of my own and still a Rocketshipper with the hope that it will someday be canon in the anime. My kids are Team Rocket fans too so maybe in their lifetime it will happen lol

I know it's silly, but that Hidoide imagination reveal scene gives me so much confidence that Musashi and Kojiro are endgame that it's not even rational anymore!!

I know we didn't get anything big shipping-wise, but Musashi and Kojiro's interactions in SM have been so wonderful to watch. The crazy one/indulgent one balance has been very equal. We've had at least one scene of each worrying for the other's health/life. The iced coffee... A couple of fearhugs just because :p Stuff like Kojiro saying Musashi laughs at her lame jokes and her feeding him a doughnut because he was grumpy felt so intimate.

I never thought I'd enjoy them together more than I did in DP, but this has topped it. The only sting in the tail was how frequently they were absent. I hope they get to take this current dynamic forward and expand on it. The seiyuus hopes for backstory exploration, specifically filling in the gaps about what happened to Musashi and Kojiro between the bike gang and Rocket Gang, leave room for so much shipping potential.

What is everyone else hoping for the next series?

I remember feeling the same way as a kid. Now I'm almost 25 with kids of my own and still a Rocketshipper with the hope that it will someday be canon in the anime. My kids are Team Rocket fans too so maybe in their lifetime it will happen lol
This is amazing. I hope I can bring up my future kids like yours!!!

Going off of your post from the other thread I actually did read something somewhere that Musashi and Kojiro ended on bad terms after the tech school / bike gang and then became friends again after they both joined TR and got partnered up together. Not sure if that's factual or not but to get more episodes on their backstories would be awesome!

Also, call me a fool but this
EIcC5R2WkAAE04h.jpg
gives me hope for this when the time comes
675px-RocketShipping.png
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I'm grateful SuMo really highlighted the found family aspect that defines the rockets. I think that bond is what really intrigues me the most about them. Because of this, knowing that the TRio will be revisting some old regions, I'm hoping that the new series explores how they each feel about having experienced so much together throughout the years. Something along the lines of "Hey, we've been here before. Look at us then, and look at us now," or "After all this time, I'm glad we're still together." :') Also, I'm hoping that we could revisit some old characters or plots that could test their relationship. For instance: Cassidy and Blob, Jessiebelle, MIYAMOTOOOOOO(all that Mew promotion is hyping me tf up)!!! Or,we could see Jessie compete in a contest again, just for kicks, and maybe at the end of the episode have a reiteration of her appreciation for James' support. I believe that the direction of the new series could set those up perfectly, and the possibilities for what the series holds is endless! Lastly, I feel like this series has the potential to close the pokeani on a strong note, and if they do, the rockets deserve a good send off that hopefully confirms their feelings for each other.

Damn !!! I have 3 children (the oldest is 16 years old) and no one is a Rocketshipper.:cry:

Ok, forgive me for being a broken record, but I was thinking about the Hidoide scene to distract myself from cycling up a massive hill. You know why I think it’s important? It’s like a hidden message for us from the production saying ‘the wedding march and all didn’t really mean anything, don’t worry, you guys will get the right ending eventually’

squees forever

Going off of your post from the other thread I actually did read something somewhere that Musashi and Kojiro ended on bad terms after the tech school / bike gang and then became friends again after they both joined TR and got partnered up together. Not sure if that's factual or not but to get more episodes on their backstories would be awesome!
I’m afraid it’s no more than a popular fanon. The seminary and bike gang get mentioned only once outside of their own episodes - a throwaway line by Kojiro (that too only present in the Japanese version) when he’s pretending to have amnesia.

That being said, parting on bad terms from bike gang is the only reasonable explanation as far as I’m concerned and PM needs to tell this story :p

Something along the lines of "Hey, we've been here before. Look at us then, and look at us now," or "After all this time, I'm glad we're still together." :')
Omg just imagining this gives me warm fuzzy feelings <3

Or,we could see Jessie compete in a contest again, just for kicks, and maybe at the end of the episode have a reiteration of her appreciation for James' support.
I would love this so much. Considering Musashi’s contest arc embodies like nothing else the upswing in Musashi and Kojiro actually being caring and supportive friends, revisiting contests would be dreamy to see how far the two have come!

[
I’m afraid it’s no more than a popular fanon. The seminary and bike gang get mentioned only once outside of their own episodes - a throwaway line by Kojiro (that too only present in the Japanese version) when he’s pretending to have amnesia.

He mention also the bridge bike gang and the high school in the French version of this episode .

He mention also the bridge bike gang and the high school in the French version of this episode .
Oh!! Did he in English too, does anyone remember? How embarrassing if he did and I forgot...

Also, I found an English subbed video for the new trailer on Youtube, but I'm not sure how accurate it is so I don't want to get my hopes up too high yet. >.>
Capture+_2019-11-10-13-46-31(1).png

Last edited:
Can we talk about this though❤❤
index.php
Aiodjsoaijdsoidjadijdsosjaiasdjadojsiojdsoadsjdiosajdsaoidj

I just can't. The way he's holding her bare waist and she's holding his hand IT'S TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!!!!!!!!!1 :love::cry:

For me, the question is why. Why would they animate this elaborate, intimate dance routine as their (presumably) stock introduction?! Pure fanservice? It's just so unnecessary! Makes me hopeful that they might be physically closer in other ways again this series <3

Also, I found an English subbed video for the new trailer on Youtube, but I'm not sure how accurate it is so I don't want to get my hopes up too high yet. >.>
index.php
That sub is definitely a little off I'm afraid. The narrator says:
'These familiar lovely, charming villains also turn up!'

I think it's cute though that they do all that dipping stuff in the line where Musashi describes them as a the Rocket Gang duo. I know that line became outdated even before the end of Kanto, and the cat is a very important person, but all references to M&K's relationship being special even within the special TRio/quaTRet/team give me butterflies <3

Aiodjsoaijdsoidjadijdsosjaiasdjadojsiojdsoadsjdiosajdsaoidj

I just can't. The way he's holding her bare waist and she's holding his hand IT'S TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!!!!!!!!!1 :love::cry:

For me, the question is why. Why would they animate this elaborate, intimate dance routine as their (presumably) stock introduction?! Pure fanservice? It's just so unnecessary! Makes me hopeful that they might be physically closer in other ways again this series <3

That sub is definitely a little off I'm afraid. The narrator says:
'These familiar lovely, charming villains also turn up!'

I think it's cute though that they do all that dipping stuff in the line where Musashi describes them as a the Rocket Gang duo. I know that line became outdated even before the end of Kanto, and the cat is a very important person, but all references to M&K's relationship being special even within the special TRio/quaTRet/team give me butterflies <3
Ah, thank you for clarifying the sub for me. I figured it wasn't completely accurate.
Regardless, the new motto is def over the top adorable and gives me the hope for more physical contact / closeness between the two in the new series. I'm stoked for it!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom