• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Didn't Kojirou's va mention that they might bring back fun stuff like crossdressing in this new series in those quotes that they posted on the Anipoke twitter just a while back? Maybe they're taking inspiration from the OS? The new motto gives off vibes from those days.

Loved that this artist noticed the hand hold too :bulbaLove:

View: http://twitter.com/yoshiiiika/status/1193534643896606720

Last edited:
Same vibe, but with the new animation it’s so... much better ❤❤❤

Last edited:
Although I'm not one to see things through a straight lens when it comes to shipping, I am in COMPLETE support of this pairing. I've been a fan of Rocketshipping since the series' start and I am convinced these two are made for each other. :bulbaLove: They perfectly complement one another and their chemistry and shared struggles are what makes James/Jesse not only compelling, but an enjoyable pair to advocate. Rocketshipping or bust!

Happy New Year team! I have a present for you all...

@TRNatalie and I have been industriously working on improving the Rocketshipping page on Bulbapedia for 2 whole years and I am proud to say that I now think it is usable! It is comprehensive enough to add value without being monstrously big. Anyone who has opened that page between 2012-2020 can probably appreciate that this is an achievement!

Be keen to hear any feedback! (I mean, obviously it's a wiki so you can feel free to make any necessary changes yourselves... As long as you don't wreck my work, in which case I will come for you Musashi vs Habunake style...)

The camera paused for so long on that image of their hands held above them as well!

Whatever other complaints we might have, PM has certainly been good for physical contact so far... I await their first episode with baited breath!

Just gonna leave this here:

giphy.gif

Also I’m so glad they haven’t tried resetting their personalities/dynamics so we get that lovely affectionate exasperation from Kojiro when Musashi talks about Daisocks and he’s allowed to call her out for her poor throw (which pre-XY would never have happened) :bulbaLove: It’s the little things...

The ratio of touching:appearances is staggeringly high.
Counting the stock motto footage only once, it comes out at 4:7!! More than 50%!

Considering that the amount of physical contact they have plummeted during Johto, you know, 20 years ago (!), this seems unlikely to be a coincidence. I wonder whose directive it is to make them a bit touchy-feely again and why? And who is sneaking it into the episodes if it isn't a central decision? The script writer? Storyboarder? AD?

The ratio of touching:appearances is staggeringly high.
Counting the stock motto footage only once, it comes out at 4:7!! More than 50%!

Considering that the amount of physical contact they have plummeted during Johto, you know, 20 years ago (!), this seems unlikely to be a coincidence. I wonder whose directive it is to make them a bit touchy-feely again and why? And who is sneaking it into the episodes if it isn't a central decision? The script writer? Storyboarder? AD?
I'm wondering the same thing! I feel like they're trying to tell us something, maybe? Hopefully? Lol. Also, next week appears to be the first TR focused episode which is what we've been waiting for! I'm excited to see how it plays out :bulbaLove:

Intimate touching ratio is now 6:9, in other words in TWO THIRDS of their appearances in PM they get a touchy-feely moment! I have a theory that someone read that “nothing suspicious” seiyuu interview last year and was like “hmm, wrong take there, we gotta do something about this” and so that’s how we landed up here :p

I also liked this very much:

A05FA558-5558-4A37-B6B1-37F3AE7B842A.jpeg

85085071-8CC6-447C-9202-48C3D18E0B42.jpeg

I have a theory that someone read that “nothing suspicious” seiyuu interview last year and was like “hmm, wrong take there, we gotta do something about this” and so that’s how we landed up here
I've gotten the impression more than once that whatever the actors think some of the writers are riding the ship, while others are against it (like those episodes--I think mostly in the OI to Johto era--where Jessie was written as a tyrant the other two live in terror of).
I cannot remember which but I swear there was a DP episode that was pretty heavy on the rocketshipping.

I've gotten the impression more than once that whatever the actors think some of the writers are riding the ship, while others are against it (like those episodes--I think mostly in the OI to Johto era--where Jessie was written as a tyrant the other two live in terror of).
I cannot remember which but I swear there was a DP episode that was pretty heavy on the rocketshipping.
You're absolutely right. From the beginning, our pal Junki Takegami was clearly on it, writing episodes like the St Anne slap-fest, Guardie and Kojiro/Holy Matrimony, the love and origins Hoso, DP 117 .etc. Whereas Yukiyoshi Oohashi was largely responsible for that whiner/bitch dynamic which defined their relationship mid-OS to mid-DP. Both left at the end of XY, and whilst other writers have maybe shared Takegami's mantle (Sekine, Fujisaku, Miyata), no one has really taken over from Oohashi.

The series constructors - Tomioka, Matsui and Yonemura - have been neutral forces on the whole, but I'd argue each has had their own positive slant. Tomioka is responsible for the DP contest arc which demonstrated the mellowing of their relationship (albeit catalysed by Takegami's DP 117), and wrote the contest episode where Kojiro won a ribbon for Musashi. Matsui plotted Musashi vs Kojiro, and even if that episode itself was horrid, its purpose was clearly to set up the conclusion next episode. Notably, Yonemura is the credited screen writer of XY 63, you know, the one where Kojiro practically confessed his love. I might personally subscribe to the Takegami-actually-wrote-this-episode theory but maybe all this touchy-feeliness in PM is a sign that Yonemura subscribes more to the ship that we've ever given him credit for?

PS. That was a joke about not remembering which DP episode, right? Right?! :p

PS. That was a joke about not remembering which DP episode, right? Right?! :p
To be honest I really didn't enjoy watching DP and past a certain point mostly kept up with what happened online, so I have trouble remembering a lot of the specific episodes.
Edit: (Though, to be even more fair I have some trouble remembering a lot of specifics about episodes post Kanto in general with how long ago most of it was--Kanto had so many reruns it was burned into my mind.)
However, I did remember which episode it was when I focused on the question; I recalled it was the one with a Shiny Metagross one where the group temporarily split up.

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert! Another Rocket Gang episode is headed our way in a few weeks~

Oooh this ep holds a lot of potential, especially with that staff holy heck! This series has broken a lot of formulas so far, and I'd love to see this episode being a huge turning point for the Rockets. Maybe have them rethink their motives or what their eventual goals are (which hopefully involve each other...).

Also, I had no idea there was a rocketshipping archive! I used to lurk on the Rocketshipping Photo Album back during the BW days haha

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom