• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ROGUES GALLERY - Issue #5: Why is Six Afraid of Se7en? (SitR, Lady Macabre, Selenium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
kdl340.png

Se7en, a deadly shapeshifter with the ability to become his hosts, is plotting to create an artifact that can devolve humankind with a strange radiation effect. Se7en has found the perfect said artifact, the Torch of the Statue of Liberty in America's most populated city - New York City. Se7en coats it in a crimson substance, radiating the artifact. This substance has thus been within contact of the city's smog, causing the air the humans breathe in to contain foreign pathogens - these pathogens trigger a cold-like illness at first, before steadily increasing in fatal numbers. Eventually, this causes the said humans whom inhale the pathogens to devolve in as little as two weeks in a process of seven stages, until they are the prehistoric spores humankind began as. Se7en plans to spread this sickness-inducing to other major artifacts of popularity, eventually causing the downfall of the human race. Shinotsuku Ame, with the loyal Vanargandr by his side, must both prevent not only Se7en from getting the hands on high doses of mercury to strengthen his substance's grasp on the humans, but also must stop him before Se7en gets his hands on another artifact and kills off the other major cities before it is too late - and even if they accomplish those objectives, will the team of two ever be able to cure the devolving citizens?

Re: ROGUES GALLERY - Issue #5: Why is Six Afraid of Se7en? (SitR, Lady Macabre, Selen

Everything about Se7en had a deadly aura. The sinister black fur, the huge, lumbering physique, the dreaded canine skull permanently set upon his face, and most of all, the bloodied teeth and claws of the menacing.. thing. The sharktooth necklace linked around his fleshed-out neck gleamed an obsidian black. The humans were advanced - too advanced - that he'd put a stop to their destructive nature. The giant wolf-like creature had already devised a plan to wipe humanity from the face of the Earth. He just needed an artifact.. and a highly populated city... New York City was the place. The Statue of Liberty was the artifact. The time for the most advanced race to commence devolution? It was now.

Re: ROGUES GALLERY - Issue #5: Why is Six Afraid of Se7en? (SitR, Lady Macabre, Selen

"Thanks for the coffee, my brother."

Jeremy Darius, as he was known casually, exited the local "Mom n' Pop Coffee Shop" with a fresh, dark cup of the brew. Gray clouds began to circle overhead, as if they were welcoming his appearance outside. He had been in the coffee shop for a few hours now; it was the ideal place in which to recieve a free internet connection. And this was important-he did not know the city of New York at all, and needed the assistance of a certain ally in order to even get around. Thus, he followed his online map to the nearest subway station, where he had agreed to meet his mechanical friend.

Before entering the station, he glanced at the Statue of Liberty. A look of unease formed on his face, as if his intuition was telling him to be careful. Nevertheless, he entered the station in search of Vanargandr.

The clouds darkened.

It was exactly the sort of day Vanargandr didn't like--sullen, cloudy, dark, and a little cold outside of the subway station. This kind of weather always reminded him of Russia, where he was created and trained to kill.

It's been months since his arrival in America. He kept moving from one city to another trying to find a shelter before the hero Shinotsuku Ame helped him defeat a pack of gangster trying to capture him to be sold.

They have been friends since then.

No, not friends... yet. Allies. He is working for Ame because he provided shelter. Nothing more.

The subway station was all in all more pleasant a place than he had expected... at least for a while. The humans in this area had certainly never seen a VNR-34 before. A lot of them passed by while giving Vanargandr a curious glance. Some tourists took picture of him and a little kid even yanked on his mechanical tail out of curiosity.

Vanargandr decided that enough is enough, and he let out a small, threatening growl and eyed everyone sharply, making them turn their attention elsewhere or even took a few steps back.

"Tyler! Tyler! Come here this minute!" A young mother rushed up to the boy, brushed him off, then wrenched him away, scolding loudly.

"I've told you not to leave my side! And don't touch that thing! It might be some rich man's new toy and..."

Her voice faded away into the crowd.

I am no one's toy. I am my own master now...

Shinotsuku Ame took a deep breath as he descended down the stairway. He had recalled his first meeting with his ally. While most people would have been caught off guard or even frightened by what appeared to be a mechanical canine, Ame acted against his survival instincts and assisted him.

"Him." Such a pronoun. It implies that an entity has a gender. Ame recognized that Vanargandr technically was not actually a male; but nevertheless he saw no qualms with using the phrase "him." After all, as he blasted away gang members with aqueous fury, he saw Vanargandr as an equal. A living being. An ally. Even to the extent of a "him."

...His retrospective thought process was cut short when he came across a young child clinging to his mother, likely out of fear. Observing others around him, Ame noticed many people staring at a shiny, metallic figure-

Nope. It was Vanargandr. Figures he wouldn't be popular in public. He walked past him casually, as if there was nothing to fear. Slowly, others averted their gazes.

"Ah, society is so messed up these days," Ame said, almost chuckling. "Anyway, I've gotten us a hotel near the subway for us to stay in. At last, a place where we can have a roof over our heads...that's not a freeway overpass."

"A hotel certainly sounds better..." Vanargandr said in his robotic voice as he took a quick, lithe stride alongside his ally Ame. His metallic feet made no sound on the cold floor of the subway, but all heads turned to watch the mechanical wolf and his ally. They are unique and unmistakeable. Well, who would dare walk alongside a big, mechanical canine with glowing red eyes except Jeremy Darius, Vanargandr's new ally?

"... Ame, I've been wondering..." Vanargandr said in a low voice, his processor was racing with a thousand things, but only a single question that remains unanswered. "Where are your creators ... correction, parents?"

Professor Dimitri Evangel. He missed him still. Missed his thick Russian accent and long, gray beard, missed the way he casually patted Vanargandr's head every time he completed a training mission... and he supposed he will always miss the man who created him.

"Apologies, now is not the time to discuss such things. Please brief me for the next mission."

The large creature atop the monument let out a beastly roar, then stood on its hind legs and dumped the contents of a glowing crimson test tube - it didn't cover the entierity of the stone torch, but at last the top of it. The half-liquid, half-gaseous substance mingled with New York City's smog. Slowly, the air was being tainted. Within days, this major metropolis would succumb to an incurable epidemic...

"Indeed. It's definitely not the time..."

Ame was still.overrun with greif because of the fact that he abandoned his father. This wasn't a topic he wished to discuss anyway. With a motion of his hand, he signaled for Vanargandr to follow him.

Coming back to his senses regarding the general public, he realized that a terrified crowd had gathered, in awe of the "robot wolf's" grasp of human speech. At least fifteen pairs of judging eyes stared at the two, in a horrified anticipation of any events that could transpire next.

"Tch, society. This is what's wrong with the damn world. No one has understanding.

They all think I'm crazy or something."

"We need a quiet, public place. It won't be long before these people call security or something." Ame whispered to Vanargandr.

"You are correct, these humans fear us. Evidence: increase in heart beats and dilated pupils." Vanargandr said as he scanned a young human barely out of puberty, who is holding the hand of his female companion. "Follow my lead!"

The robot raced upstairs, his howl audible even over the roaring train and the gasps of fear of every New York citizen he passed by.

Outside, he could see the darkening clouds and eerie aura that surrounds the statue of lady liberty. His optical red eyes zoomed in on the statue and he let out a small growl.

Never had he seen such a creature. It's shape is similar to Vanargandr, yes, but much more... sinister. Clearly, it is not from this world since it's data is not found in Vanargandr's database.

Feelings of both anxiety and fear began to set over Shinotsuku Ame as he set foot outside, but he also inexplicably felt a sense of exitement and courage. He could not visibly see the malevolent figure with his hazel, biological eyes, but nevertheless he could detect a sinister force emanating from the statue.

"Vanargandr, I have a question. I know your body cannot withstand electricity too well. But are you aware of how much you can endure water?" Ame asked, without missing a beat. Overhead, the clouds were a deep, dull gray. He could sense that they were yearning for a downpour.

After all, he could initiate a rainstorm. With ease.

...In fact, the only reason why he was holding the clouds back was out of concern for his ally.

"Hmph. I was made in Russia. My body was designed to be able to withstand Russia's extreme climate. Most of Northern European Russia and Siberia between the Scandinavian Peninsula and the Pacific Ocean has a subarctic climate, with extremely severe winters in the inner regions of Northeast Siberia, where i was created." Vanargandr explained, his robotic voice still clear even among the midst of murmurs of New Yorkers and car horns. "Don't worry. I can stand the rain."

Vanargandr's threw his head up, pointing to the clouds in the dark skies. The large mechanical wolf raised its thin lips and then loud, piercing sound came from its muzzle, making all eyes turn on him. Some took a few steps back in anticipation, and some even flees at the sound of his howl.

Since he was programmed to behave similarly to a gray wolf, it is only natural that he howled. In general, the primary reasons why wolves howl include a rally cry for the pack to meet up, a signal to let the pack know of a wolf's location or in Vanargandr's case, a warning for outside wolves to stay out of a pack's territory.
Yes. New York city is now considered his territory.

"Ame! Try to engange the subject and see what are his intentions. I shall assist you if things look grim. Proceed with caution. The subject is not from this world." Vanargandr's railgun made a clicking sound as the barrel extended forward. "I will snipe the subject if he tries to harm you."

The robot then scanned the area around him, and raced to the street to his left, trying to find a good sniping spot.

There was a moment in which Se7en was there. Then, there was a crow in his place. It took flight, swooping about the buildings in search of any opposing forces. The black bird of prey halted, hovering for a moment. He detected various metals in one of the near buildings - and that of gunpowder, bullets, and.. a human. He dove towards the window, perched upon its sill and gazed at the room inside.

"So be it." Ame whispered with a smirk. His own vision could not detect the transition that seven had undergone. Nevertheless, he began focusing. His breathing rapidly increased, along with the frequency of his heartbeat. Ame grasped his head in what appeared to be dread. The already dark clouds turned several shades darker.

As if on cue, precipitation rapidly began to descend through the sky. Within a few seconds, The skyline of New York was surrounded by myriad droplets of pure water. The rain was not intense enough to pose any danger to citizens- but it was certainly enough to halt a bird in its flight.

Tch...finally. At last...

The emotions that were once a part of him had now manifest as rain. Shinotsuku Ame felt no particular feelings at the moment; only a logical and neutral mindset set on completing the mission.

"If you experience any problems regarding the moisture notify me immediately. Now, do you know where the target has gone? I can't see him at the moment." Ame asked. His eyes glistened an almost luminous color in the rain.

...Right before the light in them suddenly darkened as if it were a blackout. His welcoming eyes were replaced by a cold stare as if it originated from the shadows.

Vanargandr stopped mid-run and scanned the area for signs of the subject, but to no avail. His optical eyes keep zooming in and out rapidly to the buildings around him, but no signs of the wolf.

Vanargandr turned around and looked at his partner. "I've lost the subject. I shall try to search for him. I suggest we split up. One of us check on the statue of lady liberty, while the other scout the area for signs of that creature."

The robot, however, noticed the changes in his partner's facial expression. His eyes no longer radiated warmth and kindness, but determination. Yes, he had seen that cold determination in Ame's eyes before, when he helped Vanargandr defeat a gang of street thugs with his endless torrents of water.

"What are my orders, Ame?"

The crow gave a loud series of calls, perhaps agitated by the rain. Se7en was forced back into his original form as he shattered the window a crawled in, seeking cover.

"You first felt the dark presence at the Statue of Liberty, correct?" Ame asked, trying to both formulate a plan while also saving time effectively. "If so, it might be a good ide-"

His train of thought was cut by the sound of a crow, albeit an extremely faint one. It was hard to hear much over the sweet percussion of the rainfall, which made the cry of such a bird that much more unsettling.

"My apologies for losing my train of thought." He told Vanargandr. "Quickly, examine the area around the statue in any way you possibly can. I will check around the area to search for our target. I have a bad feeling that what we are looking for is a lot more ferocious that we can expect."

He grasped his staff, rain beginning to cycle around it as if the hilt was a magnet attracting water. Like a wildcat pursuing its prey, he headed in the general direction of the calling of the crow. Rapidly enough to arrive swiftly, but not to an extent where he would appear agressive.

In his mind, he trusted Vanargandr's word that he could withstand water. If the situation on Ame's end got dicey, the rainfall would only increase.

"Affirmative" was Vanargandr's only response before he rushed toward the statue of liberty. Though the sudden downpour blurred his optical vision a bit, it did not halt his movement. He was accustomed to hunt in an even more severe weather, like in Russia.

Vanargandr had always wondered what humans would feel in a heavy rain like this. Maybe every drop of rain would feel like a needle, but he would never know. He had seen humans shiver before the merciless snowstorm in Russia, but he can't even feel the wind knifing into him. He can only hear the wind shrieking like a child in pain and wonder why are these humans are so frail.

But oh, what they are about the face is not even human. Vanargandr fasten his pace, each step he takes bringing him closer to the statue, his mind set on helping Ame discover what is going on in the statue of liberty.

The prospect of the crow's call echoing was rendered near impossible in the rain, but nevertheless Ame had a faint idea of where the had originated. Something about the call was ominous...after all, he did know he was faced with an unknown danger. With caution, he proceeded towards a building. Broken glass littered the surrounding concrete in shards.

"Is anyone up there?" Ame called with an almost false sense of care. He expected the worst as he readied a concentration of rainwater.

OOC: @Lady Macabre: Still around?

@Master Mew; Yes, I'm still alive. Just give me a second to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom