• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ROGUES GALLERY - Issue #5: Why is Six Afraid of Se7en? (SitR, Lady Macabre, Selenium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ROGUES GALLERY - Issue #5: Why is Six Afraid of Se7en? (SitR, Lady Macabre, Selen

(As in his paw is coming towards Van's face. I'll change my post. Again, I usually post things at 1 in the morning, I'll try and break away from that habit.)

Re: ROGUES GALLERY - Issue #5: Why is Six Afraid of Se7en? (SitR, Lady Macabre, Selen

How the shapeshifter managed to dodge a bullet fired at such a high velocity, Vanargandr may never know. However, Vanargandr always has a backup plan. The robot backflipped, launching the retractable throwing knives located on his hind legs forward, in an attempt to hit Se7en's head.

This might be one of the toughest battle Vanargandr had ever experienced. After all, he was trained to fight against humans, not some mutant or demonic canine that is capable of shapeshifting.

Ame spectated the ensuing brawl between the two canined as intense pain seared its way through his body. The concentrations of darkness seemed to wound the opponent, though.

He really just needed a few minutes to compose himself. Afterwards, adrenaline wad sure to kick in. He watched as the pouring rain was reduced to a shower.

Howling in agony, it paused for a split second, an iridescent black substance trickling from its skull. With a newfound fury, Se7en began to circle the mechanical wolf, before lunging once more. It was determined to rip Van to pieces, although it was clear that the knives had dealt moderate damage. Its ever glowing violet eyes narrowed in hatred.

The shapeshifter's attack sent Vanargandr flying into a brick wall. Though no systems were damaged, it did made a dent in Vanargandr's armor. The canine shook his head, trying to regain his focus. The rain made the floor slippery and thus it is harder to move around in. The best course is of course to take down the subject from afar using his railgun while Ame distracts the subject, however, it is far too late because Vanargandr had been spotted in the first place.

The robot let out an ear piercing roar, then dashed towards Se7en while locking him on, his railgun ready to fire.

Quickly seeking cover beside the stairwell, it gave another pained growl as it desperately tried to pry out the knives with it's long claws. It wasn't quite fast enough this time around to dodge the railgun bullets as it did before.

Vanargandr fired his railgun, but it was too late. Se7en had already taken cover beside the stairwell and the bullet only hit the wall, making a hole in it. The wolf let out an angry growl. "Leave now, and we shall spare your life. If you don't, I will make another hole in your face for you to breathe."

Vanargandr eyed his partner, who looked exhausted. He had never seen him doing such an attack, combining water and a kind of a dark magic. Surely, it took a great deal of stamina to perform such a powerful magic like that. Now, it is Vanargandr's turn to protect his partner.

"Heh...you tell 'em, Van..."

Ame rose from the ground, now fully composed. He was still in pain, but he managed to pay no mind to it. As if he was completely unhurt, he drew his staff to reveal that his knives were both attached to the end, forming a spear of sorts. Wordlessly, he twirled this impromptu weapon, and as it spun rainwater began to gather around it. Then he suddenly flinched, signaling the release of even more darkness into the water.

Maybe it was sheer determination. Maybe it was adrenaline. But Ame stood, ready to utilize this method of combat if needed. He watched Vanargandr, signaling that he would attack from close range if needed.

"You might want to think again, mortal." It's inhuman, distorted voice echoed in the rain, claws scraping the concrete below like nails on a chalkboard. It reared up, launching over the wall and shifting into what looked to be a large raven. It's long wingspan held throughout the rain, but it's flying was obviously impaired. Landing on top of the stairwell, it gave a throaty call at them. "Fools. Every human in this city has been radiated by my plasmic uranium. It is airborne, what more. If you want to stop me, you'd best keep anyone trying to get out in, and visa versa." With what could've been a smile on its beak, the injured raven awkwardly soared off.

"Coward!" Vanargandr barked the word, and then whirled in frustration, looking at his partner. "... if what the subject said is true, it would be best if you head towards the statue of Liberty. The authorities must have already gathered there to inspect the substance in the torch, since it has fallen to the ground. Tell them everything they need to know. Be careful and don't die."

"If that shapeshifter can spread the contamination, then I'm sure he has the cure."

The wolf threw his head up and howled, then galloped down from the rooftop to the streets below, blazing through the streets of New York City, his eyes never leaving the raven in the distance. He tried firing his railgun, but the creature is too small and quick. All Vanargandr can do now is to keep chasing it.

"...Plasmic uranium, huh?" Ame said to himself. The look of defeat on his face was masked by some sort of neutral determination, ultimately resulting in an odd, calm-looking expression. The water in his possession fell to the ground, evaporating back into the control of Mother Nature almost instantly. The surrounding showers were reduced to a sprinkle. He gazed at his partner, who was already a short distance away.

"Van!" Ame yelled after his partner. "I have an idea! Don't chase after the foe just yet!"

He observed the emotional distress on his partner's face. How was Vanargandr, a robotic wolf, in more distress than a simple human, with a naturally emotional brain? ...But then again. This wasn't just any robot. This was his partner.

Ame wrote it off as superior AI and programming, before yelling in an attempt to summon his partner to him once again.

Vanargandr stopped mid run and turned his head towards his partner, Ame. There are no signs of contamination in his body, but then again, symptoms of contamination may not be visible. Perhaps, since he is gifted by the power to manipulate water at will, his body structure is different to that of a normal human being and thus preventing him from contamination by the Uranium radiaton. The robot spared the shapeshifter one last glance and made a silent oath to drive his claws through his heart its heart one day before walking back to his partner.

"Very well. Let's hear your idea." Vanargandr nodded. He just couldn't help it. He was already programmed to behave like a gray wolf, and whenever a gray wolf's prey attempts to flee, the wolf will immediately pursue it. This is where the humans are wrong. Wolves are not savage, inhumane beasts. On the contrary, they are animals just as others are. They are intelligent, playful, and friendly. They are just programmed to give chase to a fleeing prey. "And I apologize for being so rash. I got carried away."

Noticing the intensity of the rain had decreased, Vanargandr wagged his tail happily.

Shinotsuku Ame noticed the shapshifting foe fly off into the distance. The once pouring rain began to clear. He cleared his throat and looked straight into the mechanical eyes of his partner.

"Listen carefully. I need you to inflict pain on me. A lot of it. In any way you can. I'm serious, don't hold back."

He raised his arms, ready for the torture that would follow. He needed this to happen quickly.

"What?" For a second, his processor couldn't believe what he just heard. Vanargandr's red optical eyes gazed deep into Ame's and he nodded silently. His partner must have a plan. He must have a reason beyond all his actions.

And he trusted him.

"Very well. Brace yourself." The canine jumped high, whipping his front legs over his head in the air and made a complete 360 degrees backflip while launching two throwing knives from his hind legs before safely landing. The knives flew straight at Ame and stabbed his shoulders.

Shinotsuku Ame looked into his partner's eyes as the dual knives dug into his skin. He groaned in pain, almost managing a minor scream as blood rushed from his skin.

The wincing on his face was almost immediately replaced by one of satasfaction. The clouds overhead almost scarily became a dark, deep gray. Once again, a veritable torrent of water began to descend from the sky in an intense, spectacular downpour. A mighty hawk caught in the middle of the storm would likely be unable to stay aloft, to say nothing of an injured raven.

Last edited:

However, the raven that had flown off had landed upon a creaking rooftop, resting upon the shabby building. Preening its feathers, Se7en let out a hiss as the rain greatly intensified. Creeping away from direct view, it transformed back to its true form and felt for the knives that caused the majority of its pain. Forcefully wrenching them out of its skeletal face, it threw them down the stairwell in what looked to be anger. Its long purple tongue reached the stab wounds, cleaning them the best it could before setting off to relocate its target.

"Heh heh," Vanargandr laughed. His robotic voice in contrast with the sound of the raindrops hitting the floor. "So that's what you were planning. Genius.

The intensity of the rain blurred Vanargandr's optical vision a little, but it didn't change the fact that he is an excellent hunter. Though blurred, his eyesight is still sharp and his railgun can still fire high velocity bullets, since the railgun doesn't contain any gunpowder.

"Can you still hunt?" Vanargandr said, looking at the direction the raven went. Though he didn't show it, his robotic voice was laced with worry. "I await your orders."

"...Truth be told, I'm not sure," Ame replied, examining the knives piercing his shoulders. The damage was, suffice it to say, ample. As the only human in this endeavor, he did feel at a disadvantage. His athletic skiils were pitiful in comparison to the high-tech abilities of his partner, as well as the sheer inhumane strength of his foe. He also had another thing to deal with. Pain.

Indeed, pain tends to be a lifesaving tool in some situations. But it is also a major hinderance and distraction in a fight. Only when adrenaline kicks in can it truly be ignored. Shinotsuku Ame, as weakened as he was, simply wasn't up for another similar encounter. And yet, he could sense that the target was enfeebled by the scuffle, as well.

"If what the shapeshifter says is true, he cannot leave the area. We have to stop the opponent at once, before he can flee and cause mayhem everywhere.. The downpour that I have created springs from the physical pain I feel right now. While I can't fight, he cannot escape easily, either. Now is our chance."

He looked at Vanargandr, conjuring up a reassuring smile. He simply needed some rest before he could jump right into battle.

"Track down the opponent. Your main priority is to hunt down and impede the foe, if not capture him altogether. By no means can he leave the general area. I will go and report to the authorities, and fill them in on just what we are dealing with."

"The hunt is on." Vanargandr grinned, revealing his sharp, jagged steel fangs that could pierce flesh as easily as knife pierce through butter. The canine threw his head back and let out a sharp howl that signal the start of a new hunt. He sprung forward, as swift as the wind, towards the direction which the raven had flown. The shapeshifter can't be very far, especially not in this weather.

Vanargandr leaped from rooftops to rooftops, his optical eyes darting about wildly in search of his target. He growled. Low and feral growl of a wild gray wolf in search of his prey. Even though he almost slipped on the wet floor, he did not bother to reduce his speed and kept blazing forward like a hungry predator.

(Was waiting for Lady Macabre at the risk of tennising, but it's been a while.)

Shinotsuku Ame watched as his partner raced down in a brutal pursuit of the shapeshifter. He sighed, confident that Van could assail the foe. He was a mechanism designed for tasks like these, after all.

...It was when he managed to take a deep breath when he realized that he essentially had to maintain his pain in order to truly assist his partner. Stumbling down the stairs, however, the knives already lodged in his shoulders provided ample amounts of uncomfort. He hoped, as he awkwardly hurried to the authorities, that his ability to manipulate water would assist in his wounds healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom