• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ROGUES GALLERY (Superhero Roleplays) (Sign-Ups ALWAYS Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username:Flinch

Character

Alias: N/A

Affinity: Super villain

Citizenship: Somewhere in Maine

Appearance:
Zane is quite tall and skinny, he has mid-length messy red hair, pale skin (From hiding the dark for too long), green eyes, even though he looks incredibly tired he is actually wide awake, Zane also has a scar that goes over his left eye (Origins unknown).

Zane dons a pitch black trench coat, dark grey slacks, a crimson red button up shirt, pitch black tap dancing shoes, a dark grey neck tie, and a pair of pitch black gloves.

Superpowers: N/A

Talents:

1. Zane is expert at lying, he can manipulate people into doing things that he doesn't feel like doing.

2. Zane knows several fighting styles, he is also very experienced at shooting and swordplay.

3. Zane is incredibly flexible, almost every part of him is double jointed (Excluding his neck.)

4. Due to the fact that Zane is psychologically unstable, it is very difficult to predict his next move.

5. Due to reasons unknown, Zane is able to overcome multiple psychological forms of manipulation.

6. Zane is able to point out things that baffle even the most intelligent Forensic scientists, in terms, Zane has solved over 43 white-collar crimes.

Equipment: Zane possesses an arsenal of lethal gag-gadgets, from flamethrower pistols, apple grenades, a rolled up newspaper with a led pipe hidden inside it, and exploding playing cards.

Zane's most lethal trick is in fact a toxin that makes the victim increasingly more rabid and unstable over time, when the toxin reaches the heart, however, the victim will first experience intense hallucinations, then the victim will fall into a coma, and finally, the victim's heart will be weakened by the toxin until the victim is too weak to even live.

Origin/Backstory:

*As told by Zane..*

"I was a small town crime lord, the town respected me, and I respected them... Well, there WAS that occasional guy who didn't respect me, I just had my goons, eh... beat the crap out of him and then they'd chop him UP, and I'd feed those little bits to my pet dog Skippy, sure, it was difficult to take care a rabid Newfoundland, but I pulled through. But then my right hand man ratted me out to the cops and I was thrown in jail, meanwhile, my so-called 'right hand man' took over the whole operation and then it all collapsed, until my beloved gang was no more, until HE became addicted to acid due to the pressure of running a failing gang, until I snapped due to that fact that EVERYTHING that I had worked for... EVERYTHING, went down the CRAPPER!... So I broke out and hunted down the traitor, and well, lets just say they never found him. Hee, hee, ha, ha, ha, haaaahh.. That story always puts a smile on my face..."

*As told by a doctor.*

"Zane never really liked to talk about his childhood, from he's told us, he father was a street performer who killed by the mob for reasons unknown. His mother committed suicide not too soon after his father was murder. The rest of Zane's family rejected him, so he spent his earlier years in an orphanage, he was sent to the Shoreside asylum at the age of 17, after he began to grow split personality, and soon, the bad side took over and then, nothing, he wouldn't talk, he wouldn't eat much, he refused to go out side, it was like he had lost all emotion, and then one day, he was watching TV with the other inmates, then the segment on Superheros came on, Zane watched in awe as all of these people talked about how Superheros were both good and bad for the community, I have no idea what came over him, but next we know, he starts laughing and rambling on and on about who knows what, the guards went to restrain him, he manged to break free and escape, he killed 10 guards when he broke out, his whereabouts are currently unknown."

*No matter who you ask, anyone who knows Zane tells you a different story about his past.*

Last edited:
Following the earlier trend, Shrink is pretty much Professor X with a liiitle Magneto, Spiderman, and the Baudelaires from A Series of Unfortunate Events mixed in for the backstory.

Alias: Blood Detective
Affinity: Superheroine
Citizenship: Russian-American(Legally, Born of pure Cossack blood)
Appearance: Tall for a woman(6' 11'), Black eyes that turn Red when feeding, Fangs, Black Hair with Kelly Green Streaks in a Web-like pattern, Black Lips, Lifeless, Greenish Gray Corpse-like(But not decayed in the sense of pieces missing, think Borg from Star Trek:First Contact-onward) skin, stands erect, firm and confident, and has long Black nails(but not claws)., She wears Kelly Green and Ebon Black Shorts and a matching top, w/Green fishnets on the arms and legs, Dried-Blood colored jackboots,a pure platinum necklace with a blood drop pendant made of green jasper, and a green-rimmed monocle.
Superpowers: Psychometry(The ability to read/see the past and future history and/or memories of an object by touching it, Hypnosis(can hypnotize a being for up to 48 hours in order to control them or feed easier),(This requires a feeding afterwards) Superhuman in the following: Strength(15 tons is her record, 10 average), Speed(Can override the surface tension of water), Senses(all 5 human ones) Durability(limited+healing factor) Endurance, Balance, Coordination, Reflexes, and Dexterity.
Talents: Seduction, hacking computerized systems, the methods of Sherlock Holmes, Certified Public Accountant
Equipment: The Green Jasper Blood Drop, a pendant which protects vampires against all weaknesses but garlic, which triples in effectiveness(it becomes so repulsive that even willpower is useless, requiring a gas mask.
Origin/Backstory:
Olinka Delanova was born under a blood moon on Friday the 13th in Moscow. She grew up with her father, who was one of The Czar's Cossack bodyguards, and her mother, a Cossack healer whom the locals saw as a witch due to her fascination with the macabre.

This trait carried over to her daughter, who was fascinated with corpses, magic, monsters, and, most of all, her mother's Green Jasper Blood Drop, which was the family's only wealthy possession, Olenka, at the age of 25, was sent to Transylvania, Romania, to study how to be a proper woman and prospective wife/get her off her "Eben-Streaked Pathway". She arrived at the castle of a Countess Elspeth Donover, a recent widow from England who had just married the late Count Tippereau,a French/Romanian noble who died from a random villager stabbing him with a ebony knife, or was the official announcement. Olenka was taken to her new mistress's castle, where she was brought before her Countess, who seemed like a corpse herself, possessing a deathly pallor, as if she was being barely supported by her own blood. Elspeth saw her new servant and saw Olenka as the type she'd been waiting for. Asking her charge to come in to her private room for an "official oath", they entered and Elspeth made Olenka repeat the following oath after hypnotizing her:

"I vow to serve my dark mistress, till her or my slaying, for she is our Great Blood-giver and the God of the Dammed!

Yes, she had been sent to the home of a demon in disguise, who turned the girl into a vampire and member of her cult! For 180 years, she was forced to feed on blood and worship the demon ELSALOTH, being taught seduction, dark magic, and other wicked, eldritch and macabre things until she was rescued by a pair of English gentlemen, who banished Elsaloth with a silver bullet. They rescued Olenka, and brought her(in a casket for protection) to England, where they revealed themselves as Mr. Shelock Holmes and Dr. John Watson.(not the book ones, the ones who exist in this(fictional) universe), who said they have something for her; to Olenka's surprise, it was her mother's Green Jasper Blood Drop Pendant! The pendant had been stolen by an operative of the Crown 96 years ago, while on a spy mission, as a souvenir and possible fortune. When she put it on, her mother's voice told the true reason Olenka had been carted off-her mother was a witch who owed Elsaloth her first-born daughter, which she was to magically guarantee. But her mother loved her, and, using her powers,saw her daughter's future, then bewitched the spy into taking the pendant, which contained her mother's love, and would protect her from all but garlic, which would become so intense a repulsion, no mortal or immortal could withstand it. She then committed suicide by drinking a poison she tailored to kill her and her husband, who had long ago become aware of and accepted his wife's witchcraft, and accepted the poison.

Olenka then asked Holmes to train her in his arts, which he did under the guise of a bee keeper. After Holmes died of old age, and then Watson, she drew up the papers, moved to the USA, and has resided there since, feeding off the criminal element and destroying any supernatural help they may have. Recently, she has taken up a career as a Certified Public Accountant, and by night, hunts down the slime of crime and the supernatural as Blood Detective!

Last edited:
Sorry man, but Ms. Delanova has a few too many powers and skills. Maybe remove two or three?

I said that was her record, not her average. her average day amount is 11.35 tons, as for speed, do I have to lower that? Superspeed isn't worth jack sqat if you can't run on water.

Orright, you're in, but you still need to lower her max. 5o tons is like a house, man. As for speed, maybe you could weaken anither power? Like state her weather vontrol can only create fairly normal weather for that area? Like, she can make tornadoes, but only in areas that get a lot of them? Otherwise, welcone aboard! We're making a new thread soon, and I'll put you in tge OP there. We'll start handing out missions once Crisis ends.

I put that 25,7, not 50 tons, was the maximum. And her weather manipulation could require her to feed extensively afterwards.

EDIT: Fixed.

I meant 50,000 pounds, sorry. Still about a house, though. And would the feeding really hinder her much, as far as winning a plot? Most people have around 4 or 5 abilities that really help them. You have around 12. Even if you don't count the physical traits as seperate abilities, that's still 7.

She could be deprived of targets to feed on, and hermetically sealed in a trap so her sublimation would not work. BTW, the Sublimation is an byproduct of the shapeshifting.

What Use is being a CPA in superheroineism? That is kind of a gag ability...

OK, what is the maximum strength allowed, if we are not on the Marvel/DCnU Strength Standard of 10-20 tons?

I'll 86 the weather control, but the psychometry stays.

That's fine. And I didn't count the CPA, since it probably won't help her much unless you get creative with it, in which case you've earned it. I also didn't count seduction or Sherlock Holmes, because those are only there if you as a player can pull them off. Anyway, I'd say around 5 tons is good, with maybe 7 if she really has to, but that leaves her pretty burnt out. The issue isn't so much that strength is high in and of itself, it's more that you have a ton of powers in addition to that. If strength was your only power, or even if her physical attributes were increased, then I'd be fully willing to let her be that strong. I'd even let you go up to maybe 40 tons or something. But then there are all those other powers, like shapeshifting and psychometry and speed and all that stuff.

I'll 86 shapeshifting, then.

6.5 tons it is,

OK, can't wait to start!!1

If shapeshifting is gone, you can make strength a tad stronger. Perhaps 10 tons or so as an average, with 15 ton max?

Ok, did that.

All those physical powers were meant to say was "superhuman in all physical categories", with these being the typical ones.

I think super-detectives should all have psychometry, as it is that branch of super-heroism's best friend.

A broken mind wouldn't it make it easier to do Telekinesis on so who has a broken mind?

Last time I thought about it.

It's your mental strength that protects you from mental attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom