• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ROGUES GALLERY: The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't mind a lot of the Plots taking place in New York - many comics have a central city in which the majority of the action takes place. The difference in the Rogues Gallery is that our Villains have had such a high success-rate recently. :p

A Hero could use a Direct Assault, I suppose, but unless the Hero is becoming a construction worker, some things are not so easily fixable (Manhattan Trust Building, NYC Subway System, Grand Central Terminal, etc).

I'm thinking about creating an NPC (controlled by myself or one of my fellow staffers) "higher power" character, sort of a "Madame Web" of the Rogues Gallery, if you would, who could occasionally come out of obscurity to gather Heroes together to undo the damage. Just on rare occasions, and it's just an idea - no where near production yet. And it wouldn't affect the statuses of the successes of the Villains.

I'd like some more stuff to happen involving NA. I already have a warden character in mind for the prison, but I haven't created him yet because not much seems to be happening there.
Also, if I did do that, repairing NY could just be community service for bad heroes and caught villains..?

Perhaps, but even rebuilding doesn't come close to restoring New York to a livable place at this point. Thousands of citizens have been killed, and a good chunk of its major features have been destroyed. Nobody's gonna want to move in at this rate... ;-)

I'm sure there's a way to retcon some of it if things get too bad.

*cough*DeLorean*cough*

Aside from that, New York is a pretty big place, remember. Just cause some of downtown's wrecked, most of the rest seems to be okay...

*cough*DeLorean*cough*

Aside from that, New York is a pretty big place, remember. Just cause some of downtown's wrecked, most of the rest seems to be okay...
I'm just saying that at some point in Season Two, be on the lookout for something big to happen to "reset" the RGverse if the Villains do too much damage.

Stay tuned!

Also, just to point out, Fate got an evacuation order out on the Manhattan Trust Building in time to save a majority of the people inside. Pointing this out since it was mentioned earlier a simular thing happened at the White House.

Also, just to point out, Fate got an evacuation order out on the Manhattan Trust Building in time to save a majority of the people inside. Pointing this out since it was mentioned earlier a simular thing happened at the White House.
Correct, please notate this in the Manhattan Trust Building post.

Awh man... So my White House destroyee thing was just symbolic... :/

Awh man... So my White House destroyee thing was just symbolic... :/
No, it was a very real, legitimate Victory (sort of, although the Heroes did sorta give up and drop out of that Plot :XD:), I just don't want the world to erode into a smoldering heap. :p

@Master Mew - Should things be included to be cannon such as no one knowing Disarray's true face or the fact that Prodigy is widely famous in New York?

I think a reset button would be kind of a cop-out. After all, what would the point of being a villain be if the changes they make get reset? The heroes should do a better job protecting the world.

I agree with MoP. Any changes should have to be done the hard way, or the reset button should have catastrophic consequences for the heroes. Wait--never mind, I'm all for the reset button then :-D. God knows what kind of screwy chaos we could unleash; Marvel and DC have done it enough times, after all.

I think a reset button would be kind of a cop-out. After all, what would the point of being a villain be if the changes they make get reset? The heroes should do a better job protecting the world.
Yes they do. If the Heroes can prove to me that they can adequately restore order, I'll reconsider. Otherwise, the Rogues Gallery world has lost sustainability - the Villains are just too successful for their own good. :p

If New York is reduced to a smoldering heap, then I, the mighty Game-Master from the faraway planet of Bulbagarden, shall intervene. :p That's where I draw the line. Heroes, defend New York with all your might!

@Guardian of Johto
I don't think they're worth mentioning, no. Most of the characters have secret identities (mine are really the only ones who are regularly unmasked) and most of them are famous. Neither is particularly noteworthy on the merit of the statements you listed alone.

Last edited:
Why can't people fight their battles in Shanghai or Paris? I find the idea of RG developing into a world all it's own, with countries ruled by villains, to be quite attractive. The game is still totally playable, it's just New York isn't.9

Why can't people fight their battles in Shanghai or Paris? I find the idea of RG developing into a world all it's own, with countries ruled by villains, to be quite attractive. The game is still totally playable, it's just New York isn't.9
We'll see. I'm going to play it by ear, if the deterioration of the RGverse begins to unnerve the members, I'll look into doing something about it.

Would Fever's death need to be mentioned? I imagine the death of a notorious mass murderer whose terrorized New York multiple times would be a note worthy even in realy life.

Yeah I think the fact that the Cleric gunned Fever down on top of the Empire State Building is notable in canon. I'm sure it would be all over the news.

Agreed. Fever's demise at the hands of Cleric would be noteworthy - in fact, Fatlia's apparent demise during the collapse of the Manhattan Trust Building should probably be mentioned in the already posted entry for that event.

Also, in terms of cannon, shouldn't the fact Empress Tyrania ruled ancient Europe until Liberty defeated her be mentioned? A monstrous god ruling the ancient world and then reappearing in modern day would probably make history.

Also, in terms of cannon, shouldn't the fact Empress Tyrania ruled ancient Europe until Liberty defeated her be mentioned? A monstrous god ruling the ancient world and then reappearing in modern day would probably make history.
The first part would certainly be included in canon - but the "reappearing" part... hmm, I guess that would depend on how well known and accepted as fact that statement actually is.

Is it common knowledge that she is indeed who she claims and not just some random supervillain paying homage to an ancient being?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom