• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alias: Treme
Affinity: Mercenary
Citizenship: Australian, but lives on the road
Appearance: A thin layer of brown fur covers nearly his entire body, save for some areas like his face and the palms of his hands. He has 6 inch retractable spurs hidden inside his forearms. He generally wears a dark brown longcoat during day-to-day operations, and is never seen without his fedora. When on the job, he wears light clothing including a black short sleeved t-shirt and jeans. He has dark green, almost foliage-colored eyes.

Superpowers:

Platypus Venom: The blades on his arms secrete a nasty, debilitating venom. This venom, if it gets into the foe's circulatory system, causes immediate and excruciating pain. For the next day or so, if untreated, the victim will be feverish and more susceptible to pain from other sources. It is possible, although extremely rare, for someone to suffer an allergic reaction and die from his venom.

Electrolocation: Like a platypus, Treme possesses one of the most sophisticated means of locating a target. Within a radius of about ten yards, he can detect the location of objects and people in the dark by emitting small electric pulses. This is an innate ability, and can not be turned off. As such, electronics tend to get a little wonky when he's within range.

Increased lung capacity: Treme can hold his breath for over an hour, even longer underwater. He has never tested the exact length of time.

Abilities: Treme is an expert marksman, and proficient with virtually all firearms and blades. He is best with (and prefers) his sniper rifle.

Equipment: Custom-built sniper rifle with scope, cases of bullets varying in effect (regular, armor-piercing, incendiary, etc), four smoke bombs (at a time), and an SMG

Backstory: Treme has always followed the money, with few exceptions. Mark Cook is on record as having been one of the most dangerous assassins on the planet, with an almost perfect kill-record. Almost perfect.

It had seemed to be an ordinary contract. The target was a high-profile businessman, who was making himself much too likable and much too prominent of an opponent for the people providing the cash. Beyond that, Cook didn't ask. After holing himself up in an abandoned chemical plant across the street from the corporation's headquarters, he waited for the work day to conclude. He paid no attention to the strange smells emanating from inside the factory compound.

The assassination was picture-perfect; the target went down in front of his office building, while he was leaving work in the normal rush hour traffic. Two things went wrong, though. One, SWAT teams were on the move almost immediately, and began to storm the factory he was inside of, indicating that his clients had tipped off the authorities. Two, Cook caught a glimpse of the dying businessman, being tended to by his young daughter.

The first thing, he would normally be able to handle; he had an escape route prepared. The second, however, threw him off. Pangs of remorse and guilt suddenly hit him. Every single assassination he made had effected others. Families and friends all were mourning his deeds and wishing for revenge. The SWAT officers knew this too, and wanted him dead.

While he was busy repenting, the officers had the place surrounded. They began to shoot at him, and bullets began to ricochet off of the walls and piping. The last things he remembers were the pipes beginning to rapidly leak strange-smelling goo, a live electric wire being cut, and being shot in the chest. Finally, with a splash, Cook fell into one of the main tanks of experimental sludge. Mark Cook was pronounced dead at the scene, and the world let out a sigh of relief. Treme rose from the muck, roughly an hour later.

As Treme, he is more moral and tends to hire out as a bodyguard more often than as an assassin. However, he is still easily tempted by coin, despite any remorse he may carry about it later.

Theme Song: None yet.

Last edited:
Alias: Treme
Citizenship: Australian, but lives on the road
Appearance: A thin layer of brown fur covers nearly his entire body, save for some areas like his face and the palms of his hands. He has 6 inch retractable spurs hidden inside his forearms. He generally wears a dark brown longcoat during day-to-day operations, and is never seen without his fedora. When on the job, he wears light clothing including a black short sleeved t-shirt and jeans. He has dark green, almost foliage-colored eyes.

Superpowers:

Platypus Venom: The blades on his arms secrete a nasty, debilitating venom. This venom, if it gets into the foe's circulatory system, causes immediate and excruciating pain. For the next day or so, if untreated, the victim will be feverish and more susceptible to pain from other sources. It is possible, although extremely rare, for someone to suffer an allergic reaction and die from his venom.

Electrolocation: Like a platypus, Treme possesses one of the most sophisticated means of locating a target. Within a radius of about ten yards, he can detect the location of objects and people in the dark by emitting small electric pulses. This is an innate ability, and can not be turned off. As such, electronics tend to get a little wonky when he's within range.

Increased lung capacity: Treme can hold his breath for over an hour, even longer underwater. He has never tested the exact length of time.

Abilities: Treme is an expert marksman, and proficient with virtually all firearms and blades. He is best with (and prefers) his sniper rifle.

Equipment: Custom-built sniper rifle with scope, cases of bullets varying in effect (regular, armor-piercing, incendiary, etc)

Backstory: Treme has always followed the money, with few exceptions. Mark Cook is on record as having been one of the most dangerous assassins on the planet, with an almost perfect kill-record. Almost perfect.

It had seemed to be an ordinary contract. The target was a high-profile businessman, who was making himself much too likable and much too prominent of an opponent for the people providing the cash. Beyond that, Cook didn't ask. After holing himself up in an abandoned chemical plant across the street from the corporation's headquarters, he waited for the work day to conclude. He paid no attention to the strange smells emanating from inside the factory compound.

The assassination was picture-perfect; the target went down in front of his office building, while he was leaving work in the normal rush hour traffic. Two things went wrong, though. One, SWAT teams were on the move almost immediately, and began to storm the factory he was inside of, indicating that his clients had tipped off the authorities. Two, Cook caught a glimpse of the dying businessman, being tended to by his young daughter.

The first thing, he would normally be able to handle; he had an escape route prepared. The second, however, threw him off. Pangs of remorse and guilt suddenly hit him. Every single assassination he made had effected others. Families and friends all were mourning his deeds and wishing for revenge. The SWAT officers knew this too, and wanted him dead.

While he was busy repenting, the officers had the place surrounded. They began to shoot at him, and bullets began to ricochet off of the walls and piping. The last things he remembers were the pipes beginning to rapidly leak strange-smelling goo, a live electric wire being cut, and being shot in the chest. Finally, with a splash, Cook fell into one of the main tanks of experimental sludge. Mark Cook was pronounced dead at the scene, and the world let out a sigh of relief. Treme rose from the muck, roughly an hour later.

As Treme, he is more moral and tends to hire out as a bodyguard more often than as an assassin. However, he is still easily tempted by coin, despite any remorse he may carry about it later.

Theme Song: None yet.

Accepted.

I just need some help tossing something together and we'll be on our way.

Wait...so he was well loved until he was five but in the following statement it is said that he had been placed into an abusive foster home while still an infant. Did these caretakers just suddenly change in attitude towards him on his fifth birthday?
Also concerning, are the motives behind his family's murder. Why would a world government, fearful of this man's powers, choose to kill his wife and daughter which in theory would only serve to enrage him more? And just out of curiosity how would his daughter, who at the very most could be nine, give him a custom knife?

"John was well loved until he was 5"

"all they found was a burned down house and a infant john"

No I read it, it's just the strange age shift within two sentences. Now this is all assuming you had intended the common definition of infant, meaning a baby, and not the legal term, instead just implying a person under eighteen.

This might not be my place guys, But I think it'll be best if we reframe from arguing about each others sign ups...

That's nothing. When I was five, I had burned down three houses with my pyrokinesis. I had also strangled a man with my tentacle arms.

Pfft, at five I'd conquered Poland and forty percent of my body fluid was heroin.

Alias: The Shadow Man
Citizenship: Dual Canadian and American Citizenship.
Appearance: John is pretty much your average joe. Standing at 5 foot 11 inches and weighing in at 205 pounds he's a big guy. He has a lot of muscle due to being obsessed with weight lifting. He has a trimmed beard that covers his face and short brown hair. His eyes are normally brown but go completely black when enraged. He tends to wear black clothing and a hooded leather jacket. He also love grey fingerless gloves and wheres them most places.

Superpowers:
- limited regeneration can survive most things except a shot in the head.
-pyrokenesis he can control fire but has to have a source
- telekinesis he is a powerful telekinetic due to years of honing his abilities he can lift up to 2 tons and is precise enough to do brain surgery.
-expanded life to due to his regeneration he can live up to 300 years

Abilities:
-he is a expert hand to hand combatant but very poor with a gun
-due to serving in the army he had advanced survival skills and is tougher than the average guy
- he is a very good con artist and can scheme out of most things

Equipment:
2 large Bowie knives
A custom knife from his daughter
A custom mask that hides his identity(pretty much a ski mask with built in goggles)
Boots with blades that come out of the front

Backstory: Born to a loving and wealthy family John was well loved until he was 5. It's assumed he burnt down there house on accident one cold night after they started a fire. When paramedics arrived all they found was a burned down house and a five year old john. He was then put into a foster care where he was abused. After becoming 12 he was adopted by neglectful parents he ran away at age 13. This is where most believe the shadow man was born. He roamed the streets and saw nothing but evil eventually stopping crimes and robbers. He was heralded a hero until he was blamed by the very people he helped. Most believe it was due to fear of his powers. He moved to America at age 17 and went to college at age 19. Where he met Abigal she was the love of his life and they made a life together. He had a daughter named laci.
One day after work he came home and found his family dead it was a set up by the government who also feared his powers as they feared what he could do. After escaping authority's at the scene. He fled to Seattle and forged a much more secret life. He is a jaded and ruthless man due to his life. But is also a very loving man and will throw his life down for those he loves. He works for the highest bidder now with little remorse. He still remembers Abigal and Laci and is often angry, depressed and drunk.

Theme Song: Mad World by Gary Jules

Okay, this guys seems very OP under the context of powers, I suggest you pick just one and if telekinesis tone it down a bit, because that seems too powerful and perfect to be a thing. And his backstory has some contradictions, such as if his parents just died, wouldn't have some sort of extended family to turn to? And if they really wanted to put him into an orphanage, I'm pretty sure CPS would check in and make sure everything is okay, or something. Some sort of review, and they'd see something is wrong. And regardless of all that, they'd still have to do a background check on the parents to make sure that were liable to even consider adopting. And while I can see why he'd help people to make sure they'd never lose anyone or anything like he did, but why and HOW did they grow to fear him? Did he kill an innocent man, or something? And if the government was out for him, they'd have made sure he'd never made to America, trust me, border control these days are cracking down on things. And there is no chance in HELL they'd killed a woman and child. That'd cause too much outcry towards themselves in general, and like I said before, if the government really out for him, they'd go after HIM. Not the child, not the wife, HIM. I'm still lost on the fact as to WHY the government is even out for him if he has a decent track record of helping people.

And how did he learn hand to hand combat? That's never even established in the backstory at all whatsoever, and when did he become addicted to weight lifting? Why does this character have so many contradictions. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but this just made me so frustrated looking at this backstory and all that didn't make sense with it. I suggest you make some major reworking because I simply cannot make this a thing without questioning myself as to why.

Dawg, you can make your powers stronger later. Strong enough to lift two tons and precise enough for brain surgery is stronger than anything anyone else has. Look at Glitch's Hero sign-up, his dude has similar powers. You could do well to use it as a template.

As for why everyone is so abrasive, all BPJ did was point out a flaw in your sign-up. While that is up to the GM, you were the one who got angry over it. You are yourself acting quite abrasive. Chill out, dawg. Don't take things personally.

After getting over the general aggravation of posting to this forum at all, I have concluded yea a story I thought up in not even 2 minutes is kinda bad. But I refuse to move any power since he isn't op. You have people who can reincarnate voodoo zombies. Platypus people and shape shifters to name a few. My guy pales in comparison to most. If you shoot him in the back of the head with a rifle he's gone. I'll rewrite the damn story but powers are no sorry. Also why is everyone on this forum super mean and abrasive I thought rping was about cooperation. Again I will rewrite the backstory into a marvel esque five star story. But you can kill him all of these ways
-explosion
-guns
-stabbing
-being hit by a car and then ran over again
-being tased and having head cut off
To name a few. I never said he couldn't feel pain just limited regeneration. Sorry for trying guys

I'm trying to make myself clear when I say you have to choose one, because 3 out of 4 of those makes your guy nearly unstoppable, and if you want to get in, I suggest you drop the telekinesis and extended age, and if need be the healing factor OR pyrokinesis.

And thank you for cooperating on the backstory, and I'm not asking for a five star story, just something that actually makes sense.

No. My dude needs relatively fresh corpses. And they aren't semi smart. Or smart at all. At best, they're at the level of insects. They are tougher than normal people, on account of not feeling pain. But they're also not very fast.

Besidse, you can make your powers stronger later. Strong enough to lift two tons and precise enough for brain surgery is pretty dang strong. Look at Glitch's Hero sign-up, his dude has similar powers. You could do well to use it as a template.

As for why everyone is so abrasive, all BPJ did was point out a flaw in your sign-up. While that is up to the GM, you were the one who got angry over it. You are yourself acting quite abrasive. Chill out, dawg. Don't take things personally. You're going to have to exercise some personal responsibility for taking offense at an innocuous remark.

Alias: Spitting Cobra
Affinity: Your character's side: Mercenary.
Citizenship: From France, currently lives in Rome.
Age: How old is your character? 23 yars old, but due to reincarnation, he is practically immortal.
Appearance: What does your dude look like? http://gamerfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Cloud-with-Buster-Sword.jpg
Superpowers: What supernatural abilities does your character have? Can vanish and appear at once, like the Shadow Triad from Pokémon B/W/B2/W2 He can also burn to ashes, only to reincarnate. So, he can turn to ashes when he is about to die of old age. He reincarnates back to age 23.
Abilities: Very strong; capable of carrying very heavy weapons as if they were katanas.
Equipment: What kind of equipment does your character have? Two Buster swords, 5 grenades, 3 smoke bombs; basically all the things an assassin needs to survive the streets.
Backstory: What makes your character who they are? First off, Forza was born into a complicated chain of assassins. He was trained in the ways of silence, and he learned how to carry two very large swords on his back. He journeyed around the world in search of a job suited for a bounty hunter. He earned lots of money by silencing people's enemies, and so moved to Rome. He gets letters all the time to execute varieties of people, so his mansion is currently unattended. He has a syndicate of Assassins guarding his prized possessions. One day, he got a message from an unknown agency to become a mercenary. He accepted it, and completed countless months of training. He often comes home to visit his mansion and chats with friends and clients, new and old.
Theme Song: Dovahkiin {Skyrim}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom