• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games (ROLE CREATION/SIGNUPS) Grand Idea Mafia (9/4/21)

OP

Contrainer

Well-Ington Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to Grand Idea Mafia!
Grand Idea Mafia is a type of Mafia where users post different roles in a thread. Then, any number of players will sign up, and their roles will be randomized from posts from that thread!
How this will work will be that you can post a role, describe it, and add the alignment. There are no restrictions on what the roles can be but I reserve the right to veto it if it's too complex or impossible.
Role-creation rules:
  1. Bold your role's name, your post's post number, and spoiler your role's text. Color your role's name with the color usually associated with its alignment.
  2. Do not spam this thread needlessly.
  3. Balancing is optional but don't get mad when someone makes a role specifically designed to kill your super deathproof role.
  4. Minor discussion is allowed, however, remember to include a role at the top of your post.
  5. Always explain what a role is and what it does.
  6. You don't need to sign up to add a role.
  7. The same user can add multiple different roles, and multiple different users can add the same role, but the same user can not add the same role multiple times.
If you don't understand, look at this Mafia Universe thread.
Sign-ups for the game are also opening, but try to avoid posting during the sign-up phase without adding a role (it makes my life easier) There is no limit to the amount of players.
  • Roles that violate BmGF/TWR rules will be treated as Jester by default.
  • Roles that cannot win are allowed. Needless to say, this game will probably be Bastard.
  • If it rands all Townies with no Mafia or hostile independents, I will rerand it.
The rules will be be Zexy's Standard, NOC, 48h days/24h nights. If in doubt about something, feel free to mention me!
MoD: @YourMom

Last edited:
2. Tester
Screenshot_20210905-185343_Samsung Notes.jpg
They can use both actions every night.

Telephone Operator
Can target two players each night phase and create a neighborhood chat between them. Cannot self target.
(I hope it's okay that it's not colourex, my phone's been refusing to let me use the text colour option for the past few days. Probably town.)

Last edited:
4. Town Mirror
You may visit someone each night. If they would kill someone or be killed by someone, the victim will kill the killer instead.
Telephone Operator
Can target two players each night phase and create a neighborhood chat between them. Cannot self target.
(I hope it's okay that it's not colourex, my phone's been refusing to let me use the text colour option for the past few days. Probably town.)
Yeah, that's fine, not gonna enforce formatting super strictly
Also I reread the MU thread I linked, some of these roles are hilarious and everyone is not just allowed but encouraged to use these roles

/in, came here from the post about this game on MU.

Is doubleposting in this thread allowed?

5. ToS Jester
If you are lynched, you will haunt one of your voters the next night, killing them through any form of protection.

If you do not choose a target, one will be chosen at random from your voters.

You win if you are lynched.

/in, came here from the post about this game on MU.

Is doubleposting in this thread allowed?

5. ToS Jester
If you are lynched, you will haunt one of your voters the next night, killing them through any form of protection.

If you do not choose a target, one will be chosen at random from your voters.

You win if you are lynched.
Double posts are OK, spam is not

6. Mafia Goon

Ok, thx

7. Town All-Seeing Eye
Each night, the Town All-Seeing Eye can choose a target to simultaneously Track, Watch, Voyeur, and Follow.

8. Town Wish Granter
At the start of each day while you are alive, it will be announced in the game thread that players can make wishes in the game thread by posting them in #800080 bold.

Each day, you may grant one wish, causing whatever the player wished for to come true. You cannot grant two similar wishes in the same game (e.g. you can't grant two separate wishes for dayvig shots).

Mafia Wish Corruptor
Each day, you may target a player. Any wish granted for them during that day will have it's effects reversed (exact specifics of what the the reverse is at host's descretion). Players will not be notified the that wish is corrupted.

Also, go ahead and put me on the the player list. Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Last edited:
11. Laid-Back Cop
This role will have the standard role PM of an alignment cop. However, all reads will appear as town, except to roles that specifically show as Mafia, like Miller.
also NO CULTS ALLOWED, fuck you, they will become jesters

Can I add a Coven (from this game, this game, and this game)?

12. Guardian Angel
You are given a target at the start of the game. This target can be of any role and any alignment as long as their win condition doesn't require their own death (or cause them to exit the game upon winning).

Each night, you may heal and purge your target. This protects them from all attacks, removes any negative status effects (such as douses), and causes them to be lynchproof the next day. It will be publically announced that your target is lynchproof at the start of the next day.

You win if your target is alive at the end of the game. If your target dies while you are still alive, you will become a Vanilla Survivor with no special abilities.

Your target is [player].

I'm not gonna sign up to play yet, since the timing could potentially be problematic, but I am gonna throw a couple of my own roles at ya

Independent Brawler
Be part of the lynch wagons of X other players, who you vote for does not matter, so long as they die. X is variable and should be decided based on game size

Jinx (No inherent alignment)
Players who target them will have their role activate automatically with a random target during the next night phase. Can also cause this effect during the current night phase by targeting a player.

And, of course, the Bulba classic that is not mine
The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass
A vigilante with 75% hit chance. Can choose to take aim at a player during one night to improve odds during the next night in the following manner
  • 100% hit chance if target is mafia
  • 25% hit chance if target is town
  • 75% hit chance if target is independent

14. Paranoid Gun Owner
If someone visits you, they will die. Also, you will carry out all of the factional kills until your death.

15. Confused Politician
You win if you get the most total votes by the end of the game, whenever you live or die and even if you aren't voted out.

For Tester-related purposes, not counted as a Jester.
I'm not gonna sign up to play yet, since the timing could potentially be problematic, but I am gonna throw a couple of my own roles at ya

Independent Brawler
Be part of the lynch wagons of X other players, who you vote for does not matter, so long as they die. X is variable and should be decided based on game size

Jinx (No inherent alignment)
Players who target them will have their role activate automatically with a random target during the next night phase. Can also cause this effect during the current night phase by targeting a player.

And, of course, the Bulba classic that is not mine
The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass
A vigilante with 75% hit chance. Can choose to take aim at a player during one night to improve odds during the next night in the following manner
One role per post, please, because I am randomizing by post number. I can just repost the roles if you want.

Btw day actions are permitted but I will be busy during the day so I might miss it for a while.

16. Town Veteran
Has 3 shots of an ability that allows it to become a Paranoid Gun Owner for the night.

Becomes bulletproof when using its ability.

Has roleblock immunity.

18. Jinx (No inherent alignment)

19. The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

20. Pick Your Poison
Pick a user who has posted at least one role in this thread. You become a random role posted by that user.

Back
Top Bottom