• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Romance in the Fire Emblem World!

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
So, those of us who play Fire Emblem ought to know that romance is actually a rather big part of the series. Pairing up and supporting different characters with one another has been around in the series since FE4, I believe, which is from the SNES days.

Supports can help strengthen your characters more than they normally would be, and thus they'd do better in battle. When the support level reaches A (it goes C, then B, then A) some of these even lead to, yep, you guessed it: paired endings! Such as Seth and Eirika or Ephraim and Tana in FE8. So many ships in FE are canon, some are hinted at but don't get an ending (for some reason or another), and some...well, have nothing to back them up at all, but it's still fun to think of them in what-if situations.

In the GBA FE games, some characters have more than one option for a paired ending. For example, Sain can marry either Fiora or Rebecca at the end of FE7. Eliwood can marry either Lyn, Fiora, or Ninian. And so on (and as you can see with Fiora, even the ladies have more than one option sometimes).

Still, some characters don't have endings where they marry at all, though it's still fun to pair them up with someone. Imo, anyway, since I'm a sucker for romance. I may not be interested much in pairing up Pokemon characters, but it's a whole different story when it comes to FE! I support lots of pairings in this series. Most of them are in FE9 and 10 since those are my favorite games, but even so. All us FE fans can share our preferred pairings here! This is my list. The pairings in italics are the ones I support the most. :3

FE9/10
- IkexElincia
- RolfxMist
- BoydxMia (I know they never interacted, but they should have, if you ask me!)
- RhysxTitania
- OscarxTanith
- GatriexAstrid
- RanulfxLethe/Lyre (really can't choose)
- KyzaxLethe/Lyre (see above)
- GeoffreyxNephenee/Callil (again, see above)
- KieranxMarcia
- RenningxLucia (I don't think he's THAT much older than her...)
- HaarxJill (see above)
- AranxLaura

Sadly, the only pairing on this list that got an ending is Haar and Jill...

FE8
- SethxEirika
- EphraimxTana
- JoshuaxNatasha
- FranzxAmelia
- KylexSyrene

FE7
- EliwoodxLyn
- HectorxLyn (Yeah, I don't mind Lyn with either of these guys lol. My second choice for Hector would be Florina though)
- SainxFiora
- ErkxSerra (these two are hilarious, seriously)
- WilxRebecca

And on the contrary, all of my preferred FE7 and 8 pairings got endings. I'll probably add more pairings for them when I play them more. I've played FE Shadow Dragon as well, but the only pairing I can legitimately put for that is MarthxCaeda since I haven't played much of the game. xP

I haven't played any other FEs. Can't wait to play around with pairings in the upcoming FE: Awakening for 3DS! ^^

Why did it take me so long to realize we had this thread?

I'll copy you and italicize the ones I like the most.

FE7:
  • EliwoodxLyn
  • HectorxLyn
  • RathxLyn (What? She is really shippable. >>)
  • EliwoodxNinian
  • HectorxEliwood
  • RavenxLucius
  • JaffarxNino
  • ErkxSerra (Despite pairing him up with Priscilla, I think these two worked better as an actual couple.)

FE8:
  • JoshuaxNatasha

I still have yet to beat this game, so this is the only pairing that I'm certain on.

FE9/10:
  • IkexElincia
    [*]IkexSoren
    [*]SothexMicaiah
  • SothexTormod
  • HaarxJill
  • EdwardxLaura
  • GeoffreyxElincia
  • OscarxKieran
  • HeatherxNephenee
  • RolfxMist (Even though she gets an ending with Boyd if you pair them up, I always thought these two would be better together. :lol:)
  • NaesalaxReyson
  • NaesalaxLeanne

Might be forgetting some.

I both love and hate FE10. It let you pair up anyone, but in exchange really neutered the support convos. :/
Most of them are in FE9 and 10 since those are my favorite games, but even so.
:thumbup:

Wow, I've never met someone who likes both IkexElincia and IkexSoren, let alone GeoffreyxElincia as well. When it comes to Ike pairings and Elincia pairings, it seemed to me that people liked one or the other. xP

I'm always glad to meet someone who likes IkexElincia though! :3

Oh, and I've made several pairings between my FE OCs as well, particularly in my main fic, Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness. I won't actually list them, though, unless anyone's interested lol.

Wow, I've never met someone who likes both IkexElincia and IkexSoren, let alone GeoffreyxElincia as well. When it comes to Ike pairings and Elincia pairings, it seemed to me that people liked one or the other. xP
I have my preferred ships, but since we're dealing with fictional characters, I don't see the harm in switching and swapping them around every now and then. xD

I'm always glad to meet someone who likes IkexElincia though! :3
Same. :cheers: It was my first Ike ship. IkexSoren came from replaying, always pairing them together for supports, and all the hints that came with that. (Hell, Ike can even get a canon ending with 'im. Or Ranulf, but I don't really like pairing the Laguz and Beorc. cue protesters and angry mobs that say I'm setting Beorc-Laguz relations back 20 years. xD I think they're great as friends though.) But yeah, I flip-flop back between these two a lot, whichever I'm in the mood for at the moment.

I want to unlock the Naesala x Leanne ending, but they've not around long enough for that too happen. D: (No way I'm benching Reyson for her. Love her as a character, but she can't compete with Reyson as a unit. Either would make a lovely bride for Naesala though~ ;D)

Oh, and I've made several pairings between my FE OCs as well, particularly in my main fic, Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness. I won't actually list them, though, unless anyone's interested lol.
Go ahead~

Ah, I see. IkexElincia was my first too. I can't stand any other Elincia or Ike pairing because I love the two together so much, though. I especially hate GeoffreyxElincia, because I HATE GEOFFREY. I disliked him enough before I discovered they can have an ending... Why'd you do this to me, IS? -_-

Anyway, on to my OC pairings then. They're between these characters:

Azura (the main and lord character of Dawn of Darkness. She starts out as an ordinary mercenary though, much like Ike does in PoR)
Leyon (one of the two primary male protagonists of the story. He's the commander of the Talgrian knights)
Bryan (the other primary male protagonist. Much of his origins are a mystery, but he leads a platoon in the Talgrian army)
Marc (one of the Talgrian knights)
Leona (another Talgrian knight)
Faline (a Pegasus knight from Cilae)
Eric (commander of Astryn's dracoknights)
Armelle (a bishop of Astryn)

I will also be pairing Ranulf with a OC since I was never able to decide whether I liked him better with Lethe or Lyre (not to mention this story takes place away from Tellius anyhow). This OC is a cute cat laguz girl named Kiara. :3 Anyway, for the rest of the pairings:

LeyonxAzura (their story is a funny one. Azura actually practically hates Leyon at first, but she realizes she was wrong about him and he manages to win her over)
BryanxFaline (these two technically fell in love prior to Dawn of Darkness, but Bryan never realized it. Faline, however, is still madly in love with him when they reunite in the story. So cute lol)
MarcxLeona (these two act like they're already married lol. They bicker, then after awhile, they finally admit their feelings)
EricxArmelle (now these two were betrothed at birth, and while Eric isn't the romantic type of guy, he still cares enough about Armelle to marry her. Armelle does love him, however)

There will be a couple more, but some of the characters involved haven't appeared yet, so yeah. I have also included IkexElincia in the story, of course, and several other pairings, while they don't get actual endings, have some hints that could make them funny or cute couples lol.

I love how there are so many Fire Emblem fans on this forum! Without further ado, here are the ships I like:

Fire Emblem 7
Eliwood/Ninian (I usually don't like ships that aren't shonen-ai/yaoi, but these two are very cute together.)
Lyndis/Florina (Again, I don't know why, but I actually like this one, even though I don't like yuri generally. Honestly, this one seemed canon to me.)
Pent/Louise (This one has obvious evidence, being canon and all. And it helps that I really like both characters individually.)
Raven/Lucius (Probably my favorite from FE7. Totally canon. I mean, that's what their supports led me to believe. And their relationship was just fascinating.)
Pent/Erk (...It works in my head.)

Fire Emblem 8
Ephraim/Innes (They fight. They argue. If I've learned one thing from anime, these things mean they're hiding repressed feelings for one another. :D)
Ephraim/L'Arachel (Eh...This one I tolerate because they had hilarious supports.)
Seth/Eirika (I was disappointed by their last support. What a let down.)
...UMMM...There's one more...but I'll seem VERY STRANGE if I type it, so I'll leave it to your imagination.

Fire Emblem 9-10
Ike/Soren (CUTE. And it seems so right.)
Ike/Ranulf (For some reason, I just can't see Ike being shipped with any girls. Something about him...)
Reyson/Kilvas (Light and darkness. Together.)

Well, even though I dislike yuri and yaoi, I actually would rather see IkexSoren or IkexRanulf than IkexMia or IkexLethe or something... It's just that the only girl I can see Ike with at all is Elincia. I just couldn't imagine him with any other. IkexSoren and IkexRanulf, I would never support romantically, but as best buddies, they go great.

IkexSoren, SethxEirika, and... Actually, those are the only two that I'm really into. I suppose I sorta like NaesalaxReyson and KilvasxReyson.

My most favorite ship is RavenxLucius!!! Cuteness----!!!!

Last edited:
Hey, when you all say Kilvas, don't you mean Naesala? Kilvas is a country, not a person. xP

Ooops. I meant um..... Um, I'm blanking on his name.... That guy with wings who looks like a hawk-ish thing.... I kept thinking that was his name for some reason.

Sounds like Tibarn, the hawk king. He rules Phoenicis. But don't worry, I'm almost like an FE9/10 encyclopedia. Have a question about it, I should be able to answer it. :p

Fire Emblem 6:

Roy x Lilina
Roy x Cath (though I prefer Roy x Lilina)
Fir x Noah
Klein x Thite
Lance x Clarine
Sue x Shin
Zealot x Yuno (well, they are married after all)
Bartre x Karla (does that count? Karla is not in this game because she died, but she was Bartre's wife)
Miledy x Gale (though as the sadist that I was, I let both Miledy and Zeiss talk to him, and then let Miledy kill him. Just like in this video.)

Fire Emblem 7:

Sain x Fiora. My favourite Fire Emblem ship of all. Sain falls in love with what is basically the female version of his best friend, haha.
Sain x Serra They're both very adapt at making others feel awkward, so I think they'd make a great match :p
Sain x Farina While not being able to be supported in game, I think it would be very interesting. Because you see, I see a parelel between Fiora, Kent, Sain and Farina. The first two are very calm, while the latter two are more mellow. If Sain and Farina would be able to support then they'd all be able to choose between an opposite-gender version of theirselves, or an opposite-gender version of their best-friend/sister. And personally I think it would make a great love square.
Kent x Lynn
Kent x Farina
Will x Rebecca (childhood friendship is a great base for shipping imo.)
Florina x Hector
Dorcas x Natalie (they're married after all)
Erk x Priscilla
Erk x Nino (I prefer this one over Priscilla, they're so cute together ^^)
Serra x Lucius (how these two don't have an ending together is a mystery to me)
Matthew x Leila (canon, yay)
Eliwood x Ninian (the way this changes the game's ending and how it has more shipping points per turn than any other pairing with 5, makes me believe the creators intended this ship to be the most canon one)
Hector x Farina
Guy x Priscilla
Harken x Isadora (they were once meant to get married after all. The reason I'd always choose Harken over Karel if it wasn't for completeing the support list. That sexy Brave Sword is just an added bonus.)
Heath x Vaida
Bartre x Karla (canon in FE6)

And as a crack shipping I would ship Sain x Limstella. Limstella is really pretty, so I'd see why Sain would hit on her if they weren't on opposite sides. :p Also I anti-ship Jaffar x Nino. Because I think Nino looks like she's 12 and Jaffar like he's 34, and I just refuse to do that.

Fire emblem 8:

Eirika x Forde
Eirika x Lyon
Franz x Amelia
L'arachel x Rennac

edit: Also, if I can crack ship between non-connected fire emblem's, Valter and Narshen. They could be like, psycho together. Doing psychotic activities and stuff. It'd be great.

Yay, another SainxFiora fan! I really like both characters, especially Sain since he's my favorite FE7 character (gotta love Sain!), and I thought they'd be so cute together. :3

Sounds like Tibarn, the hawk king. He rules Phoenicis. But don't worry, I'm almost like an FE9/10 encyclopedia. Have a question about it, I should be able to answer it. :p

Yes! That's who I meant! And thank you:embarass:.

Ah, no problem. I've honestly never seen someone ship him and Reyson though.

Not that I know of. In fact, I haven't seen many people ship Tibarn or Reyson pairings in general. I've seen RafielxNailah and, of course, NaesalaxLeanne, though.

Hey, when you all say Kilvas, don't you mean Naesala? Kilvas is a country, not a person. xP

...Yep, that's what I meant. Wow, I can't believe I made that mistake. Sacred Stones is my specialty, though, so I'd be even more ashamed if I messed up on with that game.

Back
Top Bottom