• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Romance in the Fire Emblem World!

If thats the case, then the support growth rates in Sacred Stones imply Eirika and Ephraim or rather, twincest. The other high one is Seth and Eirika which is also implied a lot or atleast seem to be the most canon one.

Not entirely true, Ross and Garcia have the same +4 (highest value in SS), so it could be because they're just family. Others with +4 are Ephraim and Myrrh (which I would argue that through this logic would be the games preferred couple) and Gerik and Thetys. The only slow +1 support in this game is Rennac and Thetys by the way.

As for +2 and +3 supports, Eirika and Seth do indeed both only have one +3 support which is for each other. But generally I don't differiate between +2 and +3 supports since they're both in the middle.

Also, now that I'm here anyway, I guess I could also go over FE6, which has a high +4 support for Roy x Lilina, +3 for family members (Sophia, Fa and Ingrene being sort of like family to each other) and the married Zealot and Yuno, leaving the rest with a not-so-helpful +2 and +1. I guess that just leaves it all up to the player to decide.

FE9 changes its support system so this method can't be really applied on it. Then again, it looks like the methord works best for Fire Emblem 7 anyway.

But Eirika and Ephraim is already hinted at a lot (Sieglinde&Sigmund).

Also, Roy and Lillina can be cousins and still marry due to FE7 XD.

What do the twins' weapons have to do with anything?

More closer to the former. If one isn't present, she unintentionally shifts her focus to the one that IS. If both are present, she simply forgets one or the other because she's just that worried or scared. I think this was how he described it, anyway. And yes, I've put a lot of thought into this. I used to really enjoy theorizing about video games, particularly Zelda. Not so much anymore though. I just stick with what I've already come up with nowadays. xP
What a way to play with the shippers' hearts. xD

Ah, I didn't know you saw my stuff! Thanks for viewing it. :] And my apologies, I'll put the larger images in spoilers. xP
No problem. ^^ And thanks. :p

What do the twins' weapons have to do with anything?
The weapons are named after a pair of incestous twins from Die Walküre by Wagner.
Oh. Well, that could just be a reference to the twins, then, not a hint.
Anything is up for evidence when it comes to shipping. xD

What a way to play with the shippers' hearts. xD

Ha, indeed. I will admit that Ike and Geoffrey are the two men Elincia cares for the most, though. I just think she's actually in love with Ike while she sees Geoffrey as a big brother figure/close and trusted retainer. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if the former were true, lol. We've already seen women fall in love with Ike. XD (ie, Aimee. Others still flirt with him too, such as Marcia and Elincia herself lol)

No problem. ^^ And thanks. :p

You're welcome. :3

Anything is up for evidence when it comes to shipping. xD

Yeah, true. But twincest... Just disgusting. It's worse than regular incest, which is gross enough, imo.

Wait why people like EirikaxEphraim
It's not even
What

And Sain and Rebecca is still my favorite pairing and I will not change my ways. >:I

Ha, indeed. I will admit that Ike and Geoffrey are the two men Elincia cares for the most, though. I just think she's actually in love with Ike while she sees Geoffrey as a big brother figure/close and trusted retainer. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if the former were true, lol. We've already seen women fall in love with Ike. XD (ie, Aimee. Others still flirt with him too, such as Marcia and Elincia herself lol)
Not to mention men~ xD Soren, Sothe, *shot*
Do you have any pairings for Geoffrey or do you prefer to keep him Forever Alone?

Yeah, true. But twincest... Just disgusting. It's worse than regular incest, which is gross enough, imo.
Anything goes in fiction, the rules of real life need not always apply. Plus you can find practically any kind of ship on teh internets.
I don't mind it, but I can see why other dislike it.

Not to mention men~ xD Soren, Sothe, *shot*

Soren, possibly, but Sothe, I doubt it. He seemed to only think of Ike as a role model.

Do you have any pairings for Geoffrey or do you prefer to keep him Forever Alone?

As a matter of fact, despite Geoffrey being my most hated FE character (Soren and Micaiah aren't far behind him though. I also hate Mia), I have no problem pairing him up with a girl. I made an OC for him, however, as it made more sense for what I had in mind than pairing him with either Callil or Nephenee. Her name is Erica, and she's a young Crimean girl whose color scheme is the reverse of that of PoR Elincia (Elincia has green hair, golden brown eyes, and an orange dress. Erica has golden brown hair, green eyes, and a blue dress. Blue is the complementary color of orange. That is to say, it's on the opposite side of the color wheel).

Anything goes in fiction, the rules of real life need not always apply. Plus you can find practically any kind of ship on teh internets.
I don't mind it, but I can see why other dislike it.

True, and it disturbs me. xP

Soren, possibly, but Sothe, I doubt it. He seemed to only think of Ike as a role model.
I like it more as crack, just because of that one line Micaiah said. Favorite comedic moment in all the FE games I've played so far. Though it was pretty funny when Soren was pretending to flirt with Aimee too.

As a matter of fact, despite Geoffrey being my most hated FE character (Soren and Micaiah aren't far behind him though. I also hate Mia), I have no problem pairing him up with a girl. I made an OC for him, however, as it made more sense for what I had in mind than pairing him with either Callil or Nephenee. Her name is Erica, and she's a young Crimean girl whose color scheme is the reverse of that of PoR Elincia (Elincia has green hair, golden brown eyes, and an orange dress. Erica has golden brown hair, green eyes, and a blue dress. Blue is the complementary color of orange. That is to say, it's on the opposite side of the color wheel).
Lol, honestly I'm a bit surprised. Why bother finding mates for characters you hate? xD Ah, even their names are pretty similar. Does he ever realize this?

True, and it disturbs me. xP
To each their own~

I like it more as crack, just because of that one line Micaiah said. Favorite comedic moment in all the FE games I've played so far. Though it was pretty funny when Soren was pretending to flirt with Aimee too.

Ugh, you too? Why does everyone like that line so much? I thought it was the stupidest piece of dialogue ever. I think the best comedic moment in FE is when Shinon says to Gatrie,"Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" I was rolling on the floor laughing when I first saw it.

As for that comic you linked, the first thing I thought was "Well, Micaiah, that's what you get for saying such stupid things." xP

Lol, honestly I'm a bit surprised. Why bother finding mates for characters you hate? xD Ah, even their names are pretty similar. Does he ever realize this?

Well, to be honest, I've gained a LITTLE respect for Geoffrey over time and I don't hate him so much that I don't think he deserves to settle down someday, so yeah. And when it comes to me and romance, I often don't like seeing anyone left out, even if it's someone I don't like. And in my writing, I've got KieranxMarcia, hints of RenningxLucia and OscarxTanith, MakalovxAstrid (as much as I don't like this pairing, it's canon and I didn't want to contradict character endings too much), and Geoffrey's all by himself. He's the only one at the castle without a lover. In this kind of situation, even I would feel bad for him, so I gave him someone. And yes, Erica's name is intentionally slightly similar to Elincia's. She is slightly based of off her, in fact. Erica's personality is meant to be mostly pretty different though. She's caring and sweet like Elincia, and wouldn't hesitate to help someone in need, but other than that, yeah. Different personalities.

Geoffrey doesn't exactly realize that, but he does notice that Erica reminds him of Elincia...a little. This hasn't been shown yet, but it will be in the next story I feature these two in.

Ugh, you too? Why does everyone like that line so much? I thought it was the stupidest piece of dialogue ever. I think the best comedic moment in FE is when Shinon says to Gatrie,"Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" I was rolling on the floor laughing when I first saw it.

As for that comic you linked, the first thing I thought was "Well, Micaiah, that's what you get for saying such stupid things." xP
If 'everyone' liked it you'd like it too. :p As for why it's my favorite, I dunno, it just appealed to me. As does that comment Shinon made about Gatrie.

Well, to be honest, I've gained a LITTLE respect for Geoffrey over time and I don't hate him so much that I don't think he deserves to settle down someday, so yeah. And when it comes to me and romance, I often don't like seeing anyone left out, even if it's someone I don't like. And in my writing, I've got KieranxMarcia, hints of RenningxLucia and OscarxTanith, MakalovxAstrid (as much as I don't like this pairing, it's canon and I didn't want to contradict character endings too much), and Geoffrey's all by himself. He's the only one at the castle without a lover. In this kind of situation, even I would feel bad for him, so I gave him someone. And yes, Erica's name is intentionally slightly similar to Elincia's. She is slightly based of off her, in fact. Erica's personality is meant to be mostly pretty different though. She's caring and sweet like Elincia, and wouldn't hesitate to help someone in need, but other than that, yeah. Different personalities.

Geoffrey doesn't exactly realize that, but he does notice that Erica reminds him of Elincia...a little. This hasn't been shown yet, but it will be in the next story I feature these two in.
Aw, Geoffrey should thank you for your charitable ways. xD Even with Malkalov x Astrid being canon, I never really cared for either character and thus never paid much attention to it other than the hints presented in RD. Same thing for Largo x Callil. I don't hate them, just prefer to use other units. It was cute how they ended up adopting Amy though. :>

If 'everyone' liked it you'd like it too. :p As for why it's my favorite, I dunno, it just appealed to me. As does that comment Shinon made about Gatrie.

I didn't mean literally everyone. xP

Aw, Geoffrey should thank you for your charitable ways. xD Even with Malkalov x Astrid being canon, I never really cared for either character and thus never paid much attention to it other than the hints presented in RD. Same thing for Largo x Callil. I don't hate them, just prefer to use other units. It was cute how they ended up adopting Amy though. :>

Heh. And yeah, I agree with you completely. And Amy is adorable. I love how she calls Ranulf Kitty Cat Man. x3

Haha, oh no, maybe I never should've brought up twincest on here! :D

But I've found some really good fanart on Pixiv of it, so it seems to have a couple of fans.

Haha, oh no, maybe I never should've brought up twincest on here! :D

But I've found some really good fanart on Pixiv of it, so it seems to have a couple of fans.
You opened a Pandora's box there. xD

If you can think of it, there's fanart for it~ From browsing around what would you say are the top three FE pairings on there?

Back
Top Bottom