• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rotom-Pokedex

To let RotoDex battle, maybe when we get the National Dex, it'll be a Shiny Rotom and the original RotoDex will be the battling one!

what type could this form be? ghost/steel? or ghost/normal?
interesting would be if you could send it into battle and if could change between it other forms.
(like it theoretically should)

what type could this form be? ghost/steel? or ghost/normal?
interesting would be if you could send it into battle and if could change between it other forms.
(like it theoretically should)
No, Rotom's forms are all part Electric; its base form is the only one that's part Ghost.

Last edited:
The idea of a Rotom being incorporated into your Pokedex appears to be a bit out of left field, but it becomes clear when you consider that Rotom was partially based on Pulseman, a game developed and released by GF in 1994. Perhaps Rotom being given this important a role is a shout-out to this overshadowed title? Also, Pulseman has the ability to travel freely between the real world and the computer world, much like Rotom can

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the Rotom Dex, I thought it was going to be similar to the Unown Dex in that they'd have a dex dedicated to the Rotom forms and gen 7 would give us a bunch of new Rotom forms. Further reading proved me wrong on that.

This feature seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes out of this.

UPDATED DEX after the live gameplay:

Yellow Dex (MeleMele)
001 - 003 Rowlet + family (Grass/Flying)
004 - 006 Litten + family (Fire)
007 - 009 Popplio +family (Water)
010 - 012 Pikipek + family (Normal/Flying)
??? Yungoos (Normal)
??? Nekkoala (Normal)
??? Iwanko (Rock)
020 - 021 Ledyba + Ledian (Bug/Flying)
??? - ??? Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree (Bug + Bug/Flying)
??? - ??? Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu (Electric)
??? - ??? Meowth/Persian (Normal)
??? Luvdisc (Water)
??? Corsola (Water/Rock)

Green Dex (Oma'oma'o) (North-Eastern island)
??? - ??? Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking (Water/Psychic)

Blue Dex (Uliuli is the word for blue, but can also stand for darker colors like a big mountain or the sea, which is why I think the most eastern island will be Uliuli)

Red Dex (Ula'Ula, red, is the sacred color of royalty and since the encounter with the legendaries will take place on the westernmost island, Ula'Ula for this one makes sense.)
??? Solgaleo (Psychic/Steel)
??? Lunala (Psychic/Ghost)
??? Magearna (Fairy/Steel)

I am so excited for the new dex entries for old Pokemon coming up ahead.

I hope they'd add dex entries for Mega Evos too. They did it for Mega Rayquaza last game, I hope it's a hint.

I thought this was stupid at first but then warmed up to the idea. I hope for some good voice acting for the Rotom-dex. Maybe the original VA for Dexter to return.

Did Pikipek's Dex entry from the E3 gameplay have anything interesting? Or did it sound like standard entries per usual?

I don't think Amie with return, but Super Training (or an equivalent feature) definitely will return.

Amie seems to be more of an XY gimmick to me, while EV training sounds more like a staple.

Sylveon evolution and focus on Pokemon interaction. It'll be back in some way. Pokemon Amie, or possibly a differently named and upgraded version, will very likely be included. It's just as important as Super Training, if not more. Plus, massive amounts of work went into it. 721 Pokemon with full 3D models and several unique animations for every one.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom