• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Route 1

Shiny Noctowl

Go! PikaBot!
Reaction score
I asked this on Bulbapedia, but the admins responsible haven't responded (even though I know that they're online), so I'll ask here instead. Why shouldn't Route 1 be moved to Route 1 (Kanto), to distinguish it from Isshu's Route 1?

We're planning something, give us a damn chance, dude. We don't wanna go in and start moving things around, changing links, making disambiguation pages, and so on without knowing what the hell we're all doing. Easiest thing to do right now is protect, because in all honesty, otherwise we'd be flooded with "u can get 2 route 1 in ishu becuz ishu is kanto :D"

While I'm here, I'd like to add that there is really no reason to be flooding everyone's talk page and griping about how things are better on Wikipedia because your edits were reverted.

As it's been stated multiple times, we will deal with the Route articles when we actually find out something about the routes. Please, be patient.

I'd think that we'd be doing the opposite thing - for Isshu's Route 1, make a thing saying "Route 1 (Isshu)" as a placeholder.

I'd think that we'd be doing the opposite thing - for Isshu's Route 1, make a thing saying "Route 1 (Isshu)" as a placeholder.
I believe the idea is that "Route 1" takes you to a disambig for "Route 1 (Kanto)" and "Route 1 (Isshu)", but right now everythign is being left alone because we don't have any information to put in "Route 1 (Isshu)" other than "it's in the game". No point in making a "placeholder" page.

Also, the idea floating around is having them called "Isshu Route 1" and "Kanto Route 1" to match the Safari Zones, and what would happen in real life.

Sure thing.

But after the English names come out, if it's not actually called "Route", then we should adjust them accordingly. Agree?

Because in my own Yuunai and Kyuuda regions based off of North America, I call them "Highway 1", "Highway 2", etc. It is a possibility that they might do the same thing.

We still don't know what the new region is based on. The routes will most likely still be called routes.

The game could go to or begin in Kanto... we don't know until September 18.

Sure thing.

But after the English names come out, if it's not actually called "Route", then we should adjust them accordingly. Agree?

Because in my own Yuunai and Kyuuda regions based off of North America, I call them "Highway 1", "Highway 2", etc. It is a possibility that they might do the same thing.

The route we got was referenced by Bel to be 1ばんどうろ. same name as Route 1 in Japanese.

The route we got was referenced by Bel to be 1ばんどうろ. same name as Route 1 in Japanese.

I know that. But NoA is notorious for changing things, is it not? (Or maybe that's just PUSA and 4Kids. I might have it down wrong.)

Anyway, I'm not saying change it now. I'm saying that if they decide to use a different name for the routes, the names should be updated/instated accordingly.

NoA is notorious for changing things because Europe screwed us out of a Game Corner.

NoA and TPCi don't change things half as much as 4Kids did.

They do indeed call them by their actual name. I still call them donuts like an idiot, as a way to make fun of the ultra-Americanized early years.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom