• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Royal Baby

Reaction score
The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to hospital in the early stages of labour.Catherine has been admitted to the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital in west London.The duchess and the prince do not know the sex of their unborn child.The new baby will be fourth in line to the throne behind his/her grandfather Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George.
Do you want a Boy or a Girl?
AP_royal_baby_dm_130723_16x9_992.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was going to be another boy. My 50/50 chance of guessing was wrong :(

Guess the guy who bet 10 grand on it being a girl is going to be happy.

BBC news woke me up at like 6:30 this morning with the notification on my phone.

Just waiting for the name. She will most likely not be Queen so it wouldn't particularly matter.

I know most of you americans are excited about this, but we brits have been dreading this day for quite a while.

Because our tabloids will do nought but shove baby down our throats until we're green in the gills.

I know most of you americans are excited about this, but we brits have been dreading this day for quite a while.

Because our tabloids will do nought but shove baby down our throats until we're green in the gills.

It's not just Americans. I'm Australian and I'm excited about it.

There was a hoax 2 days before she was born that a rumor went around saying the royal baby had been born, was a girl and called Charlotte.
Time travel confirmed.

I believe to reflect modern UK's multicultural roots a fusion would have been better, Shaniqua Elizabeth Dina Al-Cambridge.

So you've got some traditional British elements such as Elizabeth and Cambridge, but also you have references to the growing black, islamic and even the jewish community.

I think it's a wasted opportunity that both of Will and Kate's babies have kept solely to stale repeated English names. While I understand wanting to maintain a link, I think a name that truly reflects modern Britain would have been better. Do you really need another royal named Elizabeth or George?

Do you really need another royal named Elizabeth or George?

Do we really need a royal whose apparent only purpose is to be a living tribute to racial quotas? The name of the baby is up to her parents, and they don't need to thrust upon her a responsibility to represent non-white British citizens before even her first bath.

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana is a nice name. A little bloated with two middle names, but a nice name regardless. Shaniqua Elizabeth Dina Al-Cambridge on the other hand sounds like the answer to a joke belted out by the BNP, and that punchline could only be followed with a horrible comment about Islamic immigrants.

Do you really need another royal named Elizabeth or George?

Do we really need a royal whose apparent only purpose is to be a living tribute to racial quotas? The name of the baby is up to her parents, and they don't need to thrust upon her a responsibility to represent non-white British citizens before even her first bath.

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana is a nice name. A little bloated with two middle names, but a nice name regardless. Shaniqua Elizabeth Dina Al-Cambridge on the other hand sounds like the answer to a joke belted out by the BNP, and that punchline could only be followed with a horrible comment about Islamic immigrants.

It's not about racial quotas, but I do think our royal family, if we have to have them should at least try and reflect modern society. For example it is good that females can no longer be over taken by younger male counterparts.

Vile groups like the BNP have a distorted antiquated view of what it means to be British. No doubt BNP members claiming to be so wildly patriotic would also be monarchists, and I think it would be good to send a message to groups like these that your view isn't reflective of modern Britain anymore.

A country's head of state is supposed to be the representative, even embodiment of that country, so yes it should reflect modern Britain and put antiquated vile racist views to bed.

Prince William himself already has 3 different titles allowing him to represent all of the UK home nations, as well as the title of Wales he was born under he also has
Duke of Cambridge representing England, Earl of Strathearn representing Scotland and Baron Carrickfergus representing Northern Ireland.

As well as representing and reflecting the constituent parts of the UK, I'd like to see the royal family move one step further and also represent and reflect, the people of the UK, from all walks of life, backgrounds, creeds and ethnicities.

Happy for them. They seem like a nice couple. I'm surprised about the name though. I expected them to call her Diana first and foremost. They named the Queen before her? I'm shocked.

Don't worry, us Americans get hammered with that crap too. What's so special about the royal family anyway? It's been a long time since they've actually had power.

No doubt BNP members claiming to be so wildly patriotic would also be monarchists, and I think it would be good to send a message to groups like these that your view isn't reflective of modern Britain anymore.

What's wrong with being monarchist?

No doubt BNP members claiming to be so wildly patriotic would also be monarchists, and I think it would be good to send a message to groups like these that your view isn't reflective of modern Britain anymore.

What's wrong with being monarchist?

Well firstly my comment wasn't saying it's wrong to be a monarchist, I'm saying most of the BNP are so it'd send a message to them that even their precious royal family is inclusive of modern Britain.

But for me personally, I hate inherited privilege. I hate that we are subjects not citizens. I hate that to be an MP you have to swear loyalty to the queen, stopping Republicans from taking their seats. I hate that an ordinary boy and girl can never become head of state in this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom