• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Roy's starter

Who will be Roy's starter?

• Fuecoco

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • Quaxly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't really see how the positions of the starters compared to the two is an indication of who gets what.
Usually Pokemon close to characters on posters or official trailers means that they'll catch them. It doesn't happen every time, like with Eevee in SM, but more often than not, it is pretty accurate. Sprigatito was close to Riko in all of the promotional material before it was basically confirmed to be her first Pokemon, so the same would apply to Fuecoco for Roy.

More than just close to him, Fuecoco was literally on his shoulder in the Poster we got. Honestly there's a non zero possibility no one gets Quaxly and they just didn't want to leave out one starter on the promotional stuff.

There was a case to be made for Quaxly in the first poster. But in the second poster Fuecoco is literally on Roy's shoulder, like, you know...Ash's Pikachu himself. If that's not the most overt confirmation that he choses the singing croc I don't know what is.

(By the way, Fuecoco being an aspiring singer would be adorable)

Usually Pokemon close to characters on posters or official trailers means that they'll catch them. It doesn't happen every time, like with Eevee in SM, but more often than not, it is pretty accurate. Sprigatito was close to Riko in all of the promotional material before it was basically confirmed to be her first Pokemon, so the same would apply to Fuecoco for Roy.

Every time i see the Eevee being referenced on the poster with the it doesn't happen every time i chuckle.... since Lana was looking directly at Eevee, so yes... while she was closer to Ash... Lana was interacting with it.

Maybe he is already a trainer? His goal is to battle legendary Pokémon which seems a little too ambitious for a beginner. In that case he probably had another starter and Fuecoco is just a Pokémon he will pick up along the way?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom