• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules RULES & INTRODUCTION -- UPDATED April 8, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM2-Megatron

Reaction score
Introduction
Welcome to the Pokémon Video Games forum! Discussions of all Pokémon Video Games belongs here, as well as all general Pokémon video game-related topics.
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have their own section right here

Discussions about Pokémon GO belong in Current Events: Pokémon GO
You can arrange trades and battles with other members at the Bulbagarden Global Trade Station and the Battle Center respectively; and for topics that pertain to Pokémon but extend beyond the scopes of the video games, check out General Pokémon Discussion
The Forum Rules
All forumwide Bulbagarden rules apply. (If you haven't read them, please do.)
Please respect Nintendo/GameFreak/TCPi's copyrights. Refrain from discussing ROMs, ROM hacking, and emulation. This includes fan-made games, as their content also makes unauthorized use of Nintendo/GameFreak/TCPi's intellectual property.
Popular Topics
First and foremost: don't create new a new thread to ask a video game question! Ask all Pokémon video game-related questions in the appropriate Simple Questions & Simple Answers thread:
Gen VII:
Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen VII)
Older games:
Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-6)
Other popular topics include:
Please use the search function before creating a new thread to make sure that an identical one doesn't already exist.
Closing Notes
Finally, feel free to direct any questions and comments toward a Video Games staff member: Soki, Shiny Celebi, Joshawott, Slife, White Crow, Rainbow Cloudhttp://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?members/white-crow.71927/
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy the forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Introductions

Get to know the staff of the Pokémon Video Games section! :D

Pokémon Video Games:

Shiny Celebi

Hey, what's up I'm Shiny Celebi. My introduction to Pokémon was a bit later than some, around 2000 and the second Pokémon movie. One day I saw there was a game with Lugia on it and I had to have it. I've been playing the main series games ever since (and tried a few side games). My favorite part of the games is collecting Pok'mon and love when they add more. I'm currently working on finishing my National Dex for the first time and am almost done. I also like shiny collecting which is how I found this forum, I was looking for some shiny trades. I've loved it here ever since. I'm currently Head Admin of the forums in addition to being a Video Games staff member and I really enjoy browsing this section still and posting in many interesting threads here. I love reading the discussions and seeing people's thoughts and theories about the games as well as posting my own thoughts and this is still my favorite section of the forums.

In my real life I work as a cashier in a grocery store but If I could I would like to do something with animals for a career but I have no idea what that will be or if that will happen. Other things I like in addition to Pokémon include some other Nintendo games (like Animal Crossing) watching Anime (my favorite being Attack on Titan) , and reading the occasional Manga, browsing the internet and going for walks when the weather is nice. I also like talking to people here, so if you ever want to chat or have a question feel free to message me anytime. I'm always up for a chat.

Slife

Slife here, at your service! The Pokémon journey for me began way back with the anime when I was just five years old. During recess, I would spend time in the schoolyard talking about the TV show with my friends, and sometimes we'd have our own imaginary Pokémon battles. At one point I even designed my own region, complete with over a hundred new Pokémon. The Pokémon trading card game was also extremely popular at my school, with kids making deals for each other's cards, hoarding rare cards, showing off their collections, swindling, and even using it as a form of currency (second only to chewing gum in value). I would also go over to my friend's house often to play his Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Stadium. It wasn't until a few years later that I actually got my first Pokémon games, Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. Although they were spin-off games, I thoroughly enjoyed their unique take on the Pokémon series and to this day they are some of my favorite Pokémon games of all time. In fact, it was these games that first got me interested in competitive battling, by introducing me to certain strategies, and in particular, the Double Battle format. Eventually I became involved in competitive Pokémon battling, first through the Pokémon Video Game Championships and later with online Pokémon simulators. I first stumbled onto these forums because of the Christmas Contests and later became involved in the GTS and Battle Center. Now I am a moderator of the Pokémon Video Games and the Current Event sections, in addition to helping out with Bulba Trade Wednesday and the Bulbagarden Battle League. I'm always up for a good battle, so if your battle spirits are fired up feel free to drop me a challenge! Or if you just want to talk that's cool too.

In real life, I am currently a student at the University of Maryland pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering. I also enjoy playing and following sports such as soccer, hockey, basketball, and tennis. Games have always been a favorite hobby of mine; which includes all types of games. Whether they be board games, card games, video games, puzzles, or RPGs, I find that games are not only fun but can teach you a lot of things about life in general. Some other series I am into are Yu-Gi-Oh!, Naruto, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Super Smash Bros., Transformers, and Assassin's Creed. I'm always looking to try new stuff and learn something every day. I hope to see you all around!

Soki

Hi everyone, my name's Soki! I first came into contact with Pokémon when I saw the anime on television and was instantly hooked. I couldn't afford a Gameboy though, so for years I kept myself entertained with the anime and collecting TCG cards. At the age of 16, I got a part-time job and used my first wage to buy a Nintendo DS and Pokémon Diamond. Since then, I've played every one that's been released, and also enjoy shiny hunting, breeding competitive Pokémon, and participating in Global Link competitions (though not very good at it ^^; ).

I joined these forums back when XY was announced and have been having such a great time here, that I applied to be a Moderator two years later so I could help out. Since then I've become the Section Head of the Pokémon Video Games section, and as Staff Artist I make art for the Bulbagarden Twitter and Youtube Channel. In real life I've studied to become a wildlife educator and caretaker and have been hopping from job to job the last few years. At the moment I work at a souvenir shop, volunteer at an animal shelter, and am an amateur actor for the local theatre club. Next to that, I enjoy playing various video games (mostly RPG's), drawing, and cross stitching.

If you ever have a question or just want to chat, feel free to do so!

Bulbagarden Battle Center:

sharkshocker

Hi there, sharkshocker here! I got started on Pokémon back when I was around 8 years old when my aunt gave me a Game Boy Color with Pokémon Blue and from there I was hooked into the world of Pokémon. I've always enjoyed the collecting and trading aspects of the game but my appreciation of the games got even stronger on Generation III, when I started looking into the deeper mechanics of the game. I learned about EVs and I remember asking my friends to fill their bases with certain Pokémon so that I could train, then having to keep track of EVs with pen and paper. I would also ask my friends for wi-fi battles using my bred Pokémon, so I could punch their stats into an IV calculator and find breeding parents, which I recorded on Excel spreadsheets. I even joined a Pokémon forum to get private tutoring on how to battle! I landed on these forums around the time of Generation VI's release because I found out that you can trade and battle with people online now. So I set up a breeding shop in the Global Trade Station, met people and launched a battle league at the Battle Center, and became a moderator! While I mostly manage things at the Battle Center I still get to share my love of breeding by helping out on our weekly BulbaTrade giveaways on Twitter. (PSA: go check it out!)

In real life I am an eternal student, currently working my way into a nursing program. My other hobbies include playing sports, reading books, watching TV/anime, and playing Dungeons & Dragons. Sports are mostly tennis and American football and as for books I'm a fan of Harry Potter and an even bigger fan of Lord of the Rings. As for TV shows and anime, I don't really have a particular type I like/dislike so as long as you can make it sound interesting I'll give it a try :D I recently got into D&D a year ago and it's been fun...I've mostly been the game master but if you'd like to try it out feel free to give me a shout. Hmm what else...oh, I've recently traveled to Japan and currently I'm learning to cook Japanese dishes! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy your time around the forums :)

UB-01 Kenobi

Hey y’all, I’m UB-01 Kenobi. I first got into Pokémon when I was like 4 or 5, because I had an older brother who had Pokémon Red and Silver versions and he taught me to play. I’m a huge fan of the main series games and the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, and I focus mainly on competitive battling these days which is why you’ll see me in the Battle Center more than any other subforum (although you might catch me lurking in the Writer’s Workshop or the War Room, reading old threads). Before becoming a mod, I was probably best known for being a founding member of the Bulbagarden Battle League, a program designed to teach players with an interest in competitive battling the ropes of the Smogon OU metagame - I was the Dark Type Elite 4 member and the head of the Mentor Program. While the BBL became dormant when the forums updated, keep an eye out for its return!

Outside of this forum, I’m a current student at the University of Southern California, where I major in aerospace engineering. Outside of main series Pokémon, I play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Hearthstone, and Pokkén, and I rep Team Valor in Pokémon Go. I also watch anime and play Dungeons and Dragons with my friends - typical nerd material. My favorite musician is Taylor Swift (and no, I’m not trying to be ironic), but outside of her I typically listen to country - both old school artists like George Strait and Alabama and some newer stuff, too. My favorite movies tend to be superhero movies like The Avengers, but I absolutely loved Paper Towns, based on the John Green novel, as I first watched it very near my high school graduation and it really resonated with me (especially when the main characters sing the Pokémon theme song!) I love to debate (and even argue), but I promise I’m friendly, so feel free to hit me up if you ever have a problem - whether or not it’s related to the Battle Center or even the VG forums, I’ll do my best to help you out.

Bulbagarden Global Trade Station:

Dolce
Hello my lovelies, I'm Dolce. Originally I got into Pokémon around the age of 6-7, with my earliest Pokémon related memory being my younger self nagging my parents to buy me Pokémon cards. Even to this very day I still own my first holographic Kangaskhan from Jungle! So my love of the series started with collecting cards, which I still very much enjoy doing when I can afford to. From there my interests branched over to the games starting with Red, and I've had one game from each gen since then. What I love most about Pokémon is collecting so it's probably easy to see how I got into trading. Back in 2011 I joined these forums for that very reason and despite being the section head of Entertainment, Inc. and Video Games and Tech, I consider the GTS to be my favorite forum. On a weekly basis, I even trade out Pokémon with some fellow moderators over on BulbaTrade. There's no greater joy in helping someone out, or adding something new to my collection when trading with others!

In my mundane day to day life, I work at a seafood resturant. I love my work and while I do find it rewarding to serve some of my customers I just can't stand seafood. But you do what you've got to do, right? Lately I've been thinking a lot about dog grooming or training as probable career (which I'm not sure I'll act upon yet), but it definitely feels like it would be more rewarding than working with seafood. Other than that I'm a former art student who hasn't drawn in awhile, but I do have a strong love of art. I also have a strong love of music, and games. I'd go into details on specific series and the like, but I can't seem to ever just decide on one or a few things as my favorites. Vocaloid is a consistent love of my life though, as is Touhou, and a few good RPGs to name a few things. When I'm not sleeping like a Snorlax, I'd be up for a fun conversation anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom