• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules you'd like to see in the next Online Competition

Reaction score
The thing I love about the Battle Spot Online Competitions is that they always come with fun special rules. Like: only use a specific type, finish the battle within 10 minutes and (my personal favourite) only use Pokémon with the colour red, green or white.

Even though we’ve already had quite some different competitions, there are still a lot of fun restrictions to think of.

With that said: What rule(s) would you like to see in the next Battle Spot Online Competition?

Things I’d love to see:
  • Type exclusive competitions with Grass-, Bug- and Dark-type.
  • Only Sinnoh or Unova Dex Pokémon.
  • Only Pokémon of a certain animal species (like only feline or canine Pokémon).
Restrictions we've already seen in Online Competitions:
Dex restrictions:
  • Only Kanto Dex Pokémon allowed + no items allowed.
  • Only Kanto and Johto Dex Pokémon allowed + no Mega Stones allowed.
  • Only Hoenn Dex Pokémon allowed.
  • Only Kalos Dex Pokémon allowed.
Type restrictions:
  • At least one Dragon-type mandatory (incl. Pokémon that mega evolve into Dragon-type).
  • Only Ghost-type Pokémon allowed + Gourgeist mandatory.
  • Only Fairy-type Pokémon allowed.
  • Only Electric-type Pokémon allowed (excl. Legendary Pokémon).
Other:
  • Only use one Pokémon (1v1) + Mega Stones and Focus Sash not allowed.
  • Only Pokémon with the color red, green or white allowed.
  • Only Pokémon that didn't make it to the top 12 in any 2015 Double Battle Online Competition allowed.
  • Only 'spooky' Pokémon allowed.
  • Only Legendary and Mythical Pokémon allowed.
  • Only unevolved Pokémon allowed (excl. Pokémon that can't evolve) + Eviolite not allowed.
  • Only Eevee and its evolutions allowed.
  • Finish the battle within 10 minutes.

Here's some things that would be fun to see. :)
  • Water type Pokemon only, including those that gain water type by mega evolving, no legendaries.
  • Pokemon that has a weak defense and special defense BST, no Pokemon that has a weak BST in ether one of the stats such as Volcarona and Skarmory. No focus satch and mega stones allowed.
  • Flying type Pokemon only battle, Pokemon that gains flying type through mega evolving is allowed.
  • Prankster Pokemon only battle, mega stones are allowed.
  • Dog like Pokemon, Cat like Pokemon, bird like Pokemon, fish like Pokemon, and bug like Pokemon only battle.

The next online competition is the June International Challenge but as for a fun idea like the recent Classics and the Flash Clash, I'd like to see a Middle Cup tournament, you'd have to use the second evolution out of a three stage evolution line which would be pretty fun, with that would mean no eviolite I'm sure.

Prankster Pokemon only battle, mega stones are allowed.

Now that I'd love to see! Hadn't thought of having competitions which only allow Pokémon with a certain ability, that could be really fun. Others that could maybe work: Moxie, Rivalry, Rock Head, Technician and Cute Charm (would also make for a great Valentines Day competition haha).

What I'd also love to see is an Inverse Battle competition, I do hope we get one sometime.

@EmpoleonProd Well I never count the International competitions, as they're just about getting to the championship and don't have any special rules IIRC. But yeah I just mean future competitions in general :)

A Grass/Fire/Water/Electric exclusive tournament (all four in one, not one for each), based on the starter types we've had over the years.

A Grass/Fire/Water/Electric exclusive tournament (all four in one, not one for each), based on the starter types we've had over the years.

I'm actually participating in a starter Pokemon tournament from a Facebook group, it started with 32 people and we're down to our final match and I'm one of the finalists lol, the rules were basically two of each starter type (Fire, Water, and Grass), and no megas. We didn't include Electric and chose to go solely with the Pokemon represented at the beginning of the Pokedex and identified as the regional starter Pokemon.

Anyways, it would be a grand idea to try on a greater scale for an online tournament.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom