• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What new "kinds" of Pokemon do you predict?

The Ghost of a Pokémon which died long ago when it's ship sunk?

Ironically I also created a ghost water Pokemon. It was a three stage Pokemon. It was based on a Pokemon that accidentally drowned and wanted to help Pokemon and Humans from drowning. The first stage however was purely intangible (can't even learn physical attacks) and would actually cause more drownings than not. It then evolved so it could save humans and Pokemon because it could become tangible (and thus could learn physical type moves), so it became a rescuer type Pokemon. The final stage was the king of it's species (evolutionary line), I called it Ghoolking (I think). I guess going from rescuer to King (ruler) made sense in my opinion since ideally a ruler should help a lot more than a "lifeguard" Pokemon

At least that's my idea of a water/ghost Pokemon.

no killer whales. they aren't actually whales.
I mean that's a totally valid statement...

Celestial body legendaries. As for the trio. Electric Goat, Fire Horse (No) so like make it a winged horse or some crap, Water Dolphin or Hippocamp. I mean mythologically speaking they all pulled chariots for someone important.

The Ghost of a Pokémon which died long ago when it's ship sunk?

For anyone that follows fakes on DA, yah.

I would like a line like the Kindlemur family of fakemon.

I would like a line like the Kindlemur family of fakemon.

Because I mean Satoshi Tajiri just hires out MagesPages to make all the actual pokemon. That's why he hasn't updated his account in so long, he's secretly making real pokemon.

Wasn't there once a thread about every animal idea that has not been used yet? I guess this is more expansive since pokemon can also be based off plants and objects, too. It would take me forever to come up with a list of everything I'd suggest, so I will attempt instead to list type combos that have not been used. (I may have missed some, and I did not repeat for inversed types)

Rock/Electric, /Poison, /Normal, /Ghost, /Fighting, /Ice, /Dragon

Water/Fire, /Ghost

Electric/Grass, /Poison, /Fire, /Psychic, /Ground, /Bug, /Normal, /Fighting, /Ice, /Dragon, /Dark

Grass/Fire, /Normal, /Ghost, /Steel, /Dragon

Poison/Psychic, /Fire, /Normal, /Steel, /Ice, /Dragon

Psychic/Fire, /Bug, /Ghost, /Dark

Fire/Bug, /Normal, /Ghost, /Ice, /Dragon

Ground/Normal, /Ghost, /Fighting, /Dark

Flying (pure), /Fighting

Bug/Normal, /Ice, /Dragon, /Dark

Normal/Ghost, /Fighting, /Steel, /Ice, /Dragon, /Dark

Fighting/Ice, /Dragon, /Dark

Steel/Ice, /Dark

Ice/Dragon

Dragon/Dark

We need a polar bear.

A Jaguar Pokemon, A Quetzal pokemon and a Solrock/Lunatone Pre-evo.

With those I'm happy

But they're not whales. Who knows, I just want a sperm whale.

I mean they are. Suborder odontocenti, aka toothed whales. Same suborder including sperm whales and belugas. It's something overly technical where people think solely classify cetaceans as whales/dolphins/ and porpoises, while still classifying them toothed whales.

Then again odontocenti is based off of the phenotype and not the genotype, just providing an example as to how most phylogenies are fucked up, and an actual phylogeny of cetaceans shows Sperm whales are more closely related to Baleens than other toothed whales, but narwhals and belugas are undoubtedly considered whales, which would therefore be reason for dolphins and porpoises to also be considered whales in at least the most basic sense.

We need a Sphinx and a panther.

Hey, just thought this would be an interesting topic as we have so many different Pokemon now. We have a Pokemon or evo line based on almost every real life animal/legend, so let's think of what's left!

My predictions:

Mosquito Pokémon (a common bug that has not yet been exploited)

Wasp Pokémon (Perhaps the new Beedrill/Dustox line?)

Luna Moth Pokémon (one of the few butterfly/moth type animals to go unused, a replacement for the Butterfree/Beautifly line)

Armadillo Pokémon (Sandshrew doesn't count as it seems to be based on a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin, an entirely different type of animal)

Anteater Pokémon (just because there hasn't been one and it's another Poke that could learn Lick)

Hypno and Drowsy

Umbrella Ghost Pokémon (in traditional Japanese mythology, it is believed that once an object reaches the age of 100 years it gains consciousness or, in some variations, is possessed by spirits and brought to life. The most common object to be possessed is the Japanese type of umbrella, seen in Kirby's Dreamland 3 and many older JRPGs. It's only logical for a few new ghost types and this would be a nice addition.)

What are yours, and why do you speculate they would be in Gen V? =)

Drowzee = Tapir.
Hypno= Tapir, Proboscis Monkey and Baku.

Seriously, Drowzee doesn't use a tongue and I don't think Hypno even has one...

Pre-evo to girafarig with the tails' head being the main head and the main head being the tails'. I always thought that'd be funny.

Alright, you got me.

We really do need a Dolphin pokemon though. I mean, 4 gens and still no dolphins? Also, Jellyfish.

A dolphin and a jellyfish would be awesome.

I'm liking the ideas in here. A quetzal would be awesome and a polar bear and peacock are all long overdo. A Sphinx would be interesting, and I'd love a Sperm Whale... although the naming would get a bit awkward there. I also love the dragon on the first page.

Keep em coming guys!

Tentacool. How could you forget them, they're the most obnoxious pokemon there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom