• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysandre

F***ing Fabulous
Reaction score
Hey, just thought this would be an interesting topic as we have so many different Pokemon now. We have a Pokemon or evo line based on almost every real life animal/legend, so let's think of what's left!

My predictions:

Mosquito Pokémon (a common bug that has not yet been exploited)

Wasp Pokémon (Perhaps the new Beedrill/Dustox line?)

Luna Moth Pokémon (one of the few butterfly/moth type animals to go unused, a replacement for the Butterfree/Beautifly line)

Armadillo Pokémon (Sandshrew doesn't count as it seems to be based on a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin, an entirely different type of animal)

Anteater Pokémon (just because there hasn't been one and it's another Poke that could learn Lick)

Umbrella Ghost Pokémon (in traditional Japanese mythology, it is believed that once an object reaches the age of 100 years it gains consciousness or, in some variations, is possessed by spirits and brought to life. The most common object to be possessed is the Japanese type of umbrella, seen in Kirby's Dreamland 3 and many older JRPGs. It's only logical for a few new ghost types and this would be a nice addition.)

What are yours, and why do you speculate they would be in Gen V? =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What new "kinds" of Pokemon do you predict?

More cat Pokémon, kay.

And more Pokémon based off Mythological creatures and Japanese Youkai.

I predict another generation of poorly designed Pokemon.

fire ant is something a lot of people have thrown around, as are polar bears and generic dolphins that are more dolphiny than lanturn or kyogre. My whole sarcastic schpiel in the shake up thread got me thinking that a poison type virusy pokemon wouldn't be a terribly difficult idea to muster. Actual Giraffe evolution to Girafarig. Lion Fish evolution to Quilfish. Quetzalcotl for Dunsparce. All that jazz. Moose or antelope. Lemurs and Bush Babies. We need more pokemon with creepy big eyes, Jifflypuff just doesn't cut it anymore.

We need more generic fish!

OK, well there was that story a while back about GF employees visiting the zoo for inspiration, so I'm fully expecting some pokemon based on more "outside the box" animals.

I predict another generation of poorly designed Pokemon.

You mean Pokemon like Rhyperior?

Anyway, there should be Pokemon based on various ancient myths, but I don't know what.

You mean Pokemon like Rhyperior?

Anyway, there should be Pokemon based on various ancient myths, but I don't know what.

Maybe the Nasza lines... alot to work with. and let us not forget QUIZIDACTYLE!!!(Quetzalcoatl
Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg

I would like a Peacock grass/psychic Pokemon.

If not I would love a grass type mouse (that looks like a mouse, but is leafy and a grass type).

I'd also love a fire/poison saber tooth tiger (although truthfully now that I think about it, it be more of a Manitcore creature than a saber tooth tiger, with a Manicore tail, no wings, and teeth as long as a Saber tooth tiger, and would be poisonous to touch), that would be interesting.

When I was thinking up Pokemon (fan made), I did think of a Pokemon that was essentially the same, but had three different types and depending on said type would evolve into an entirely different Pokemon unrelated to it's other type counterparts, and because of that it would have three Pokedex numbers because while they had the same name (in the basic stage) it was still a different Pokemon. The basic stage was an egg, and came in either Water, Fire, and Grass (but wasn't a starter Pokemon group). Perhaps they could do something similar.

Maybe the Nasza lines... alot to work with. and let us not forget QUIZIDACTYLE!!!(Quetzalcoatl
Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg

That would make for an AWESOME legendary.

I'm surprised there hasn't been very many large feline-type Pokemon. I mean, Raikou is sort of tiger-ish but that's all I cant think of. A fire-type lion sort of thing would be pretty cool.

And what about an elephant? It could be a water-type, maybe?

Hippogriff - Fire/Flying. High in speed and attack. Hippogriff are said to be the offspring of a Griffin and female Horse, I think it was.

Quinotaur (or Ophiotaurus) - Water/Fighting. Quinotaur, from what I remember, were said to be half sea serpent, half Bull.

Siren - Fire/Flying. Portryed as a massive red/orange bird with two human-like arms (which have talons, not fingers).

Moon Rabbit - Dark. Can learn the attack Moonlight (is that what its called? The healing move).

Kelpie - Water/Fighting. Kelpie were... water Horses? I think.

Quetzalcoat - Flying/Psychic. Quetzalcoat is a winged snake... not sure about much about it though.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Might think of more later! :D All the above are based on Myths or stuff like that.

That would make for an AWESOME legendary.

I'm surprised there hasn't been very many large feline-type Pokemon. I mean, Raikou is sort of tiger-ish but that's all I cant think of. A fire-type lion sort of thing would be pretty cool.

And what about an elephant? It could be a water-type, maybe?

Mewtwo is a kitty ._.
And Donphan is an elephant

Fighting/Flying Tengu.

More aquatic Pokemon! Please!

MOAR WHALES

no killer whales. they aren't actually whales.

Every Generation has had a cat-, rabbit- or dog-like Pokemon, so I'm sure we'll get our dose of those in Generation V. I just hope they do something unique with them. Last generation, Purugly didn't even have stats that were much different from Persian's.

Other than that, they could do whatever they want as long they use new species. I made a list of ideas that they haven't used yet, but I'm not picky. Just about anything they haven't used before would be alright with me. I only "expect" new cats, dogs and bunnies because they'd had new ones in every set of games.

Last edited:

Well atleast more ghost-types. Those may be the lowest...

A ghost/water type?

Well atleast more ghost-types. Those may be the lowest...

A ghost/water type?

The Ghost of a Pokémon which died long ago when it's ship sunk?

The Ghost of a Pokémon which died long ago when it's ship sunk?

I feel a Pirate Pokemon arising! Or a legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom