• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What new "kinds" of Pokemon do you predict?

Just don't make any more evolutions for the first and second gen! Yanmega and Weavile are cool... the rest are not.

I do not normally support that theory, but there may still be a way it can persist, although I don't know what they'd do with it. The Yellow Dragon (Center, seasonal change, Yellow, Earth Chn: Huang Long 黃龍, Jp: Kooryuu or Ooryuu)

An orca is a type of dolphin. Kyogre is clearly an orca. Sphinx = Shinx evo line. We already have sphinx pokemon and they're pretty cool. No need for more.

The idea for Kyogre however comes from the Leviathan, while the design simply draws partially from an orca. An actual dolphin pokemon has been desired by a lot of people since like the second gen.

And you realize that a sphinx isn't just a lion, which is what the shinx line is. Lion body, human head. The name shinx could have just as easily come from shine and lynx. And english names aren't even something you should base off of. Kolink comes from ko, the japanese word for child, and lynx. Luxio comes from Lux, latin for light, and leo. And Rentora comes from the name of the man who discovered x-rays, and tora, tiger. Look at Mr. Mime. Half of them aren't male, but according to the english name they all should be. Japanese names are what to go by if any name basis at all.

im still hoping for some Nasca lines. im thinking they already covered mythology, time to cover phenomenons. i guess...

So, again, thanks to GreatLiver, we need a sphinx.

Personally I'd think a sphinx pokemon would be creepy, as would any like beast body/human head pokemon go. Like since they wouldn't be sentient as sphinxes were portrayed in mythology. Just was pointing out that just because its name sounds like something, doesn't make it that something.

I would really, really much like it if they could create 4 legendary Pokemon after these guys...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

They can be all horses or maybe Centaurs. They would all be dual dark types.

Famine= Dark/Grass??? = Crops??

War= Dark/Fight

Death= Dark/Ghost

Pestilence= Dark/Poison

I would really, really much like it if they could create 4 legendary Pokemon after these guys...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

They can be all horses or maybe Centaurs. They would all be dual dark types.

Famine= Dark/Grass??? = Crops??

War= Dark/Fight

Death= Dark/Ghost

Pestilence= Dark/Poison

I cannot tell if that is too dark or totally awesome.

We need some new ideas for Pokemon. Well how about these 4 riders of destruction that tout the end of the world as we know it? Bingo!

They don't have to design it or create it exactly after the 4 horsemen of apocalypse. It can just be implied like with Arceus.

THEY can be Arceus' rival though I think in the Bible, it was God that summoned the 4 Horsemen to wreck havoc on the world.

We need some new ideas for Pokemon. Well how about these 4 riders of destruction that tout the end of the world as we know it? Bingo!

I can't tell if you like that idea or were being sarcastic...but just judging from a majority of your posts, I think it's the latter. It's too bad they can't incorporate more figures and stories from the bible because there are a lot of cool stuff from the bible!

Last edited:

A koala bear as the grass starter. The grass starters are the only ones that haven't had a species of animal besides reptile. So it is time for it to end.

Maybe the Nasza lines... alot to work with. and let us not forget QUIZIDACTYLE!!!(Quetzalcoatl
Quetzalcoatl_web900.jpg

Rayquaza was partially based on that.

Also, I expect there to be cats. Cats are our secret rulers, so it would fit to put in more.

Plus I need a few more for my cat team...

Grass/Fire Pumpkin (Jack O'Lantern).
Bug/Dark evo for Pinsir.
Electric/Flying evo for Pachirisu (Flying Squirrel).

Also, I really like Frugrow's Four Horsemen idea (but unfortuneatly I doubt they would do something like that).

I remember a while back drawing a few pokemon based on characters from other GameFreak games. Like a mountain goat based on Jill of 'Drill Dozer' that burrowed into the mountain side with it's horns. And a samurai Farfetch'd evolution that borrowed elements from 'Bushi Seiryūden's main character.
We've already got Rotom, who is loosely based on Pulseman, so yeah...I'd like to see some more 'cameo' pokemon, giving a nod to older games.

Otherwise? 2 I'd like to see are:
A bug/fire type ant, based on both the 'fire ant' and the 'honeypot ant'. Has a large abdomen like the latter which acts as storage for magma, as opposed to nectar.

And a paradise bird with split evolutions depending on the stone you give it. For instance, a fire stone would let it evolve into a Greater Bird-of-paradise inspired pokemon, and a leaf stone would evolve it into a Superb Bird-of-Paradise, with petals forming it's unique courtship shield/cape combo. Needless to say, there's an awful lot they can get out of this particular familly of birds.

I can't tell if you like that idea or were being sarcastic...but just judging from a majority of your posts, I think it's the latter. It's too bad they can't incorporate more figures and stories from the bible because there are a lot of cool stuff from the bible!
Horsemen of the Apocalypse. These guys represent the ultimate evil. Riders of destruction. Death, plague, famine, war. None of those sound appropriate for a Pokemon game. If anything, they'd opt for something more spiritual and shall we say.... Eastern? Like Spiritomb (108 spirits and all of that).

I don't mean to knock on your thoughts. We're here to speculate our wishes after all. And I've got some crazy ideas of my own so I shouldn't be talkin'.

Grave-E said:
A bug/fire type ant, based on both the 'fire ant' and the 'honeypot ant'. Has a large abdomen like the latter which acts as storage for magma, as opposed to nectar.

Reminds me of this dude. Who is actually a termite. But, uh... Smurgledurgleblarghblargle!

I'd enjoy the two you mentioned, especially the Bird one. like a prettier, Flying type version of Eevee huh?

I'd like to see an Water/Electric Eel type pokemon. It has an electrically charged Tail that's enough t fall even Ground type Pokemon.

Also, I'd finally Get a Tyrannosaur based fossil Pokemon. It's revived via a Tooth fossil, and is a fire, rock type. Having been buried so close to the earths magma core, the heat changed it;s DNA and allows it to utilize fire type attacks.

Maybe a Pokemon based off a tiger (Raikou doesn't count)

A leopard Pokemon
A panther Pokemon
More Pokemon based of household pets.

so, what can I say, I'm happy by the new pokemon(s) and the new generation

the silhouette of the new Pokémon seems to me like an evolution of SANDSLASH

Also, I'd finally Get a Tyrannosaur based fossil Pokemon. It's revived via a Tooth fossil, and is a fire, rock type. Having been buried so close to the earths magma core, the heat changed it;s DNA and allows it to utilize fire type attacks.

Tyrannitar says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom