• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour control: Movie 10 dub title announced?

The first four movies tended to stick to that formula...well, numbers two through four did at least. Not often do I see a first movie with the digit "1" in its name, although they did call it "The First Movie".

Pokémon 2000
Pokémon 3: The Movie
Pokémon 4Ever

I kinda wish they woulda kept it going. XD

hahahhah The Rise of Darkrai seriously sounds so bad ass it's not even funny.

Pusa can honestly not dress that movie up to be excessively dark with the big bright yellow and blue pokemon logo at the top xDD

^I kinda wish they'd kept the way they wrote Pokemon on the ninth movie's box art.

Going by the movie description on darkrai.com, it looks like Alice, Baron Alberto, and Alamos Town will all keep their names.

So after the nearly word-for-word translation of the Manaphy's movie title, we get this for the Darkrai movie?

Disappointing.

Well, on the one hand it sounds better than x vs x vs x. But on the other hand, it's more than a bit misleading, and rather generic.

I personally like the name. It kinda reminds me of the names of movie 1 and movie 3, two of my favorites.

...What? ¬_¬

e.g.
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Spell of the Unown
Rise of Darkrai

Not that it really makes any difference to me, as I only really pay attention to the games now anyways.

That sounds like a YuGiOh story arc or something.

Wait, wasn't it? I never really followed the anime, (Even though I did play the card game.) but I seem to recall something along those lines. I think it had something to do with Atlantis or something.

Anyways, yeah, Rise of Darkrai does sound better than the original Japanese title, but still, given what happens in the movie, it does seem just a bit misleading.

Dunno.

It's in perfect English, but Sarah Brightman probably doesn't come cheap.

Bet Tonio's name will be changed to Antonio? Just for the hell of it.

About the title... Well, it reminds me of "The Great Rise of Legendary Pokemon Lugia" (my favourite translation of Japanese title of movie 2 [as opposed to "Explosive Birth" which sounds lousy and too literal]). But referring to Lugia's appearance in Movie 2, it was pretty accurate. But to Darkrai's appearance, it's really NOT.

So, "The Rise Of Darkrai" =/= Win.

I don't, 'cause I don't like spoiler titles. And for me, Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai is one the worst example for spoiler titles. I know Japanese are weird and preffer spoiler titles, but I don't.

Yeah, the Japanese title for the movie is quite lame if you ask me. "The Rise of Darkrai" sounds like a real movie title. ;)

To be honest, Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai doesn't even SOUND like a real movie title. And doesn't really bug you to repeat it "n" times.

Rise of Darkrai sounds cool, to say the least.

I prefer this title to all the "VS" thing. Although I don't really think there is a "rising" of Darkrai...haha

So are they keeping the original Ending theme or replacing it?

I *really* hope so, it would be so cool. I love that song

Tonio CAN be changed to Antonio and the reference would still be correct:

Antoni Plàcid Guillem Gaudí i Cornet (Riudoms or Reus, 25 June 1852 – Barcelona, 10 June 1926) – sometimes referred to by the Spanish translation of his name, Antonio Gaudí – was a Spanish, Catalan architect, who belonged to the Modernisme (Art Nouveau) movement and was famous for his unique style and highly individualistic designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaudí

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom