• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour control: Movie 10 dub title announced?

What does that have to do with this thread?

To get back on topic, I'm not sure which title is better. I don't really mind either, although the dub one sounds a bit more dramatic.

Dunno.

It's in perfect English, but Sarah Brightman probably doesn't come cheap.
They could try going with Sissel Kyrkjebø's original version if that's the case. It beats Brightman's version anyway, IMO.

Okay guys, I have thought of some better titles PUSA could have used. You can't argue with how awesome these would have been.

"Live Free or Darkrai"
"The Dark is Rai-sing"
"Eternal Darkrai on the Spotless Mind"
"Bowling for Darkrai"
"Godey's Diary: The Edge of Reason"
"Must Love Darkrai"
"Alamos"
"3:10 to Darkrai"
"Revenge of the Darkrai"
"Homeward Darkrai"
"25 to Darkrai"
"Resevoir Darkrai"
"The Chronicles of Darkrai"
"300 (Darkrai)"
"Live to Darkrai Another Day"
"Who Fingered Darkrai"

Okay guys, I have thought of some better titles PUSA could have used. You can't argue with how awesome these would have been.

"Live Free or Darkrai"
"The Dark is Rai-sing"
"Bowling for Darkrai"
"Must Love Darkrai"
"Alamos"
"Revenge of the Darkrai"
"Homeward Darkrai"
"25 to Darkrai"
"Resevoir Darkrai"
"300 (Darkrai)"
"Who Fingered Darkrai"

You forgot "Who's the f***kin' Alice?" (it's from a song, in the case you don't know).

And I bet 100 smackers that "Godey" won't be "Godey" in the dub.

I think the title already does a good-enough job. Off the bat, it sounds ominous, which is exactly how Darkrai is first seen, but it can also refer to how it ultimately rises up to save the day.

"Live Free or Darkrai"
"The Dark is Rai-sing"
"Bowling for Darkrai"
"Must Love Darkrai"
"Alamos"
"Revenge of the Darkrai"
"Homeward Darkrai"
"25 to Darkrai"
"Resevoir Darkrai"
"300 (Darkrai)"
"Who Fingered Darkrai"

*Laughs her head off* That 300 (Darkrai) thing was the funniest.

Huh, the chronicals of Darkrai... *Goes to push Alberto off a cliff and into Narnia*

*Alberto is promptly sent back*

Anyway, I'm kinda num to the name. It won't bother me unless the movie is bad.
Love triangel in a pokemon movie? YES.
A three way fight between gods? YES.
The Sinnoh starters final evos in one movie? YES.
A giant music machine? YES. (But Nando shoulda been there, Whaaa.)

But one thing...
Pearlshipping? NO.

*Is an abilityshipper*

It's a nice and generic title, something the franchise does well with. To a kid, it's going to be cool an ominous. I think there's better names out there, but I guess the movie wasn't made just for me (although I don't know why).

So all we know on an airdate is 'March'. That's kinda vague.

Okay title, but why with the shunning of Dialga and Palkia?

I've seen the title design, and that tacky yellow 'n blue Pokemon logo looks really off when plastered above the redish-blackish text that says "Darkrai". It's funny, they create a different style "Pokemon" logo for the Manaphy movie title, yet they can't be bothered to do it for this one.

Then again, the word "Pokemon" in the 9th movie title had a different use from the one in the 10th movie title.

If you ask me, the original Japanese title was getting dangerously close to becoming the title of a Fall Out Boy song.

I must say, though, that the English name does have a nice gait to it.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom